Harris has "rough idea" of Millwall XI for Shrewsbury opener

NEIL Harris says he has an idea as to which players will be in his starting XI against Shrewsbury next week.

The Lions face C.D Tondela on Saturday in the final preparation game before the new League One season starts at the Greenhous Meadow on August 8.

And Harris will be looking to give those players in mind a full game, as well as continuing to give academy graduates important minutes before the big kick-off.

“Tondela is an opportunity to give players more minutes,” Harris said. “I’m looking for players to complete 90 minutes on Saturday.

“I’ve seen a lot of good things that I’ve really liked in training and in the games over the last couple of weeks. Players will be given opportunities to carry on their good work.

“It's important to get as many young players as possible involved in the squad and have them get used to the surroundings and the crowd at The Den. So the young lads will be involved Saturday.

“I’ve had a rough idea all pre-season to what my starting XI is going to be. People have possibly jumped up the pecking order.

“Certainly the style of play and formation will be clear on Saturday.

“A large percentage of the team who start Saturday will be in my thoughts for Shrewsbury next week.”

Jay Taylor

(@jay_taylor18)

29 thoughts on “Harris has "rough idea" of Millwall XI for Shrewsbury opener

• July 31, 2015 at 11:04

Forde-Cummings,Nelson,Craig,J.Martin- Fred. Ups on, Williams, L.Martin-Gregory,Marquis

• July 31, 2015 at 11:24

Forde, Cummings, Beevers, Nelson, Craig, Abdou, Powell, PCH, Upson, Martin, Marquis

• July 31, 2015 at 11:34

Do you know what striker your bringing in?

• July 31, 2015 at 11:35

Archer ,Cummings, Craig, nelson, J martin
    Fred, upson, Powell, twardek
    Greggs, STIRKER

• July 31, 2015 at 11:35

Forde, Cummings,Webster, Craig, J.Martin - PCH, Powell, Williams, L.Martin - Gregory, New Signing
    I hope

• July 31, 2015 at 11:46

If NH knows what team he is putting out for Shrewsbury game that must mean nobody is coming in before then, we need a trophy signing, teams in this league are recruiting we are not, the 3 signings we have Archer, Martin and TC are all good signings but we got rid of 18 players and replaced them with 3!!! I know we are bringing youth players through, which is nice to see but is not enough, I think we are going to finish mid table unless money is spent.
    Can't wait for season to begin, been a long summer without no footie, win or lose I'll be there! COYL

• July 31, 2015 at 11:56

Webster
    Twardek
    Fred
    Powell
    Thompson

• July 31, 2015 at 12:01

@ I FEAR NO FOE: I don't know about the rest of your selections but TWADECK has broken bones in his foot , so he Defo won't be playing.

• July 31, 2015 at 12:31

A good little article read here on latest events: TheWharf

Philpot is looking like the rising striker talent and adding Morison to the mix as well. I would be happy with that.

• July 31, 2015 at 12:44

To all you doubter's,now is the time to start being positive,it look's as though we are going with what we have,in the main youngster's and a couple of older head's.
    Might i remind you of a certain a so called BBC football expert Alan Hanson,when talking about Feries boy's at man unt.
    "you dont win anything with kid's"
    How wrong he was.
    Before you say our kid's are not of the same quality as Beckham and co,its all relative as they were playing in the premier against world class player's and came good.
    We are playing div 1 and we can come good the youngster's now have experience in game,s played so it,s not as though they are completely green,
    So come on stop the doom and gloom and get behind the team,our biggest worry is if certain player's can stay fit.
    My three to do well for us,Gregory,Upson and Jimmy and when they back from injury O'Brien and Twardak.

• July 31, 2015 at 12:49

@jim1222: A little message to Jay Taylor,you have taken a bit of stick off a few people,but i think you are doing a great job.
      Those that are being over critical should remember that old proverb "THOSE THAT LIVE IN GLASS HOUSE'S,SHOULD NOT THROW STONE.S"
      Keep going Jay and thank's for doing a great job.

• July 31, 2015 at 12:52

We've not seen this squad play together yet, I will give my opinion after 10 games it would be safe to say where we finish, can't wait can't start quick enough. COYL

• July 31, 2015 at 12:57

Now this idea is a bit out there but those with an open mind to new ideas may see this as being right, look at Spain's recent history along with other domestic teams who have been successful, here goes: we are desperately short of a quality forward/s why not play without a foward? Yes I'm a gregs fan and maybe he can drop into a midfield of 6 the positioning is obvious. In short making the best of a bad situation.

• July 31, 2015 at 13:55

@mfcmike: If i was to drop strikers i think i'd go:
      Archer
      Cummings Nelson Craig Martin
      Twardek(When Fit) Williams Powell Martin or Upson
      Fred PCH

May not be a prolific front line, but a bit of pace will eventually get some goals.

• July 31, 2015 at 14:45

@mfcmike: not a bad idea at all - as well as us playing without a striker I also won't be surprised either if some teams play against us without a goalkeeper

• July 31, 2015 at 13:15

Forde
    Cummings
    Nelson
    Beevers
    Craig
    Upson
    Williams
    Martin / PCH
    Fred
    Gregory
    Marquis

• July 31, 2015 at 13:53

Difficult midfield selection I think. Back four fairly straight forward. Interested to see who Harris goes with in the middle. Upson is a must for me. Williams for me hasn't produced what he is capable of yet. Abdou will run his nuts off, but Powell is looking very dangerous from dead balls. What to do?

• July 31, 2015 at 14:11

The fact that Marquis is in 99% of people's selections is a sorry state of affairs. Has proven time and time again he is not good enough yet a few goals at the pikies and people's memories have been wiped. It seems we have gone backwards. It's great to see some of the youth coming through but Marquis, come on, not good enough and is stopping the likes of Pavey etc coming through.

• July 31, 2015 at 14:41

Keller, Rhino, Cooper, Cunningham, Thatcher, Carter, Briley, Hurlock, O,Callaghan, Sheringham, Cascarino.

Whoever you stick out there Bomber we will be right behind you and all the lads. All we ask is for passion and effort - we appreciate you are working with both hands tied behind your back. COYL (FFS)

• July 31, 2015 at 14:52

Sorry but am far from convinced that the side will be successful as it stands in this league, there have been no major improvements to the squad at all since the idiot left, except for the releasing of 18 players. I can understand the loyalty of those fans who always go through thick and thin to support the team we love but I believe we have been sold short again. Promises made a few months ago have not been kept. It resembles an old car being kept on the road by constant repairs instead of investing in a new one. I would be more optimistic if by some miracle the club brought in at least a new striker. They haven't as yet. I hope my gloom is very short lived, I really would love to see our Lions hit the ground running.

• July 31, 2015 at 16:28

I'm glad he has a 'rough idea' of his team. That would seem to be part of the job description of a football manager, so that's good to know

• August 1, 2015 at 10:51

The reason why hes got a rough idea of the team is really quite simple..were buying no one

• August 1, 2015 at 12:32

If he picks Forde ahead of Archer we are doomed....
    Williams needs to grow a pair
    Lee Martin is a show boater
    Cummings needs to learn from Carlos Edwards
    Webster and Beevers need to man up and prove themselves....