Preview: Millwall vs. C.D. Tondela

MILLWALL manager Neil Harris will look to give his players a full 90 minutes in the final pre-season friendly.

The Lions boss will be stepping up preparations for the club’s League One opener against Shrewsbury on August 8.

Millwall will be without striker Aiden O’Brien (ankle) and midfielder Kris Twardek (toe) for the visit of the Portuguese top flight new-boys.

Lee Gregory, Lee Martin and Paris Cowan-Hall are expected to once again be involved after making their comeback from injury in last week’s win at Stevenage.

Academy graduates Jamie Philpot, Jack Powell, Sid Nelson and Ben Thompson will once again look to play some part on Saturday afternoon.

C.D Tondela could have new signing Luis Alberto available. The 31-year-old signed from Japanese outfit Kashima Antlers for a nominal fee last week.

Tondela could have former Port Vale youth Matt Jones in the squad for the friendly at The Den.

The 29-year-old signed on loan earlier this month fromTondela's Primeira Liga rivals Belenenses.

20 thoughts on “Preview: Millwall vs. C.D. Tondela

• July 31, 2015 at 17:06

Should be our toughest test so far,just no more injurys please.

• July 31, 2015 at 19:05

With all these injuries lets hope Harris loans some decent players as the season is soon to begin even doe Millwall aint lost a pre season friendly they need that boost if they want out of league 1

• July 31, 2015 at 19:08

BREAKING ! NEWS ! ... Millwall are looking at a Striker.. He will be standing outside Elephant & Castle tube station on behalf of R.M.T Union .. Rest in peace Bob Crow.

• July 31, 2015 at 19:28

@teddy.T: We need many more of them, (strikers that is) Bob Crow a legend.

• July 31, 2015 at 19:38

I wish people would stop going on about getting a striker,cause it probably will not happen,yes it is frustrating when you see other clubs doing business but what do you expect. I dont have a clue about our finances but it seems clear we can not pay the sort of doe that people think we should for the type of players available,if this is due to bad management at boardroom level then that needs to be addressed,if its down to us as a club not turning over sufficient revenue then what can we do, apart from being taken over by a rich oil baron which is not going to happen. So lets just get on with supporting what we have and stop dreaming about players who are on 18 grand a week. Lets all just get behind what is in my opinion the last true, real,proper working class football club in London.

• July 31, 2015 at 22:27

I heard Nicky Maynard is being offered a 1 year deal.

• August 1, 2015 at 08:57

Not sure about him seems like someone who had it once but injury's have taken there toll, been there done that.

• August 1, 2015 at 09:34

Good luck to the lions today goals no injuries and a clean sheet pre season over. Bring on the league

• August 1, 2015 at 12:14

Solid performance today boys at both ends & no injuries pls, good luck

• August 1, 2015 at 12:21

Why do people want the chairman to go? who would replace him that actually cares for the club? maybe an oil magnet, Mr Alfyed or a euro lottery winner could buy him out but would they be any more committed than Mr B?
    Personally I think we're lucky to have him.

• August 1, 2015 at 13:09

line up is. Forde.Webbster.Craig.Beevers.Fred.Upson.Williams.Martin.Gregory.Marquis.

• August 1, 2015 at 14:57

if you don't think we're lucky to have Mr B as chairman and I presume the 3 dislikers are amongst those that don't, to them I put these questions, any ideas on a replacement? What should he be doing that he isn't or hasn't been doing? Do you think he should take his eye off of his business's and focus 100% on Millwall? Don't just dislike, post your thoughts and ideas so I can get an understanding as to why because I don't presume I am right it's just my opinion and what you have to say may well change my mind.
    kind regards. I.K.I.A,I.S.I.A. I'm Millwall til I die.

• August 2, 2015 at 17:43

News at the DEN. just the place to go if you want stimulating conversation and enlightenment.