Millwall manager Harris is confident of adding to the squad

NEIL Harris is confident of signing a striker by the time the League One campaign gets underway next Saturday.

Millwall travel to Shrewsbury in eight days to start their bid to make an immediate return to the Championship.

And Harris revealed things are “edging closer” in the pursuit of potential targets.

“Targets are progressing,” Harris said. “We’re at the stage now where talks are ongoing with clubs and certainly things are edging closer. I’m confident about getting something done by next weekend.

“We’re being patient, the market dictates to a certain extent. There aren't a million players available for what we require.

“We’re certainly being careful not to pick the wrong players and we don't want to get backed into a corner to pay overinflated wages.

“There will certainly be one in the building. Possibly more if I feel somebody can come in and improve our squad.

“I won’t take players for the sake of it,” Harris added. “Anyone who has seen us play in pre-season has seen players like Jamie Philpot, Ben Thompson and Kris Twardek.

“They certainly add to the quality of the young players we have here in Aiden O’Brien, Jack Powell, Fred Onyedinma and Sid Nelson.

“Straight away you’re talking about seven players who are 21-years-old and under who are capable of playing in the first team this season.

“I won't be bringing in players that will block the pathway of our youngsters.”

Jay Taylor

(@jay_taylor18)

46 thoughts on “Millwall manager Harris is confident of adding to the squad

• July 31, 2015 at 15:08

so it sounds like we will be bringing at least one in..can we all stop moaning now and have a bit of positivity?!

• July 31, 2015 at 15:24

Well if it's Moro then to update people, he's been given a squad number at the weeds so read into that what you like.

• July 31, 2015 at 15:40

@Millwallsteve1972: let's be honest here , if Harris had money to spend he wouldn't be pushing all these kids through. We need 2 forwards with only Greggs as a real striker at the club. Marquis and Obrien are not goal scorers . Obrien in particular has never scored goals on loan or for the under 21s .

• July 31, 2015 at 16:23

@southstandview:

Good point mate even though the Hanson money must still be available or assume so.

• July 31, 2015 at 16:27

@Millwallsteve1972: but we don't know how much we really offered, knowing us not much.

• July 31, 2015 at 16:46

@southstandview: I disagree with this!
        I think it is essential to bring youth through if we have the funds or not. We will never buy our way to the top end of the championship (which must be our ambition), we must use youth just like Southampton did.

• July 31, 2015 at 16:49

@UpTheWall: all very well saying that but if our young players aren't good enough then it will do neither them nor the club any good , I don't think you can compare our young players to Southamptons , if they were that good they would have been taken from us for peanuts a long time ago .

• July 31, 2015 at 17:34

@southstandview: obrien scored goals at aldershot on loan I'll think you're find at tourquay didn't play get your facts right

• July 31, 2015 at 20:30

@dave666: 45 games 5 goals, you get your facts right mate , you must be easily impressed.

• July 31, 2015 at 20:43

@southstandview: when did he play 45 games he scored 8 in 10 on loan as for being impressed what you talking about I never said that. Your the one how needs to look at your statements before you open your mouth

• July 31, 2015 at 20:50

@dave666: 2 goals for us ,3 goals for aldershot and that's it , you really ought to do your research before you make any comments on here .

• July 31, 2015 at 20:57

@southstandview: did you say he didn't score any goals on loan. Read your post before you say I need to check my facts. Your no expert on facts. Easy cheap swipe on our youth says it all

• July 31, 2015 at 21:00

@southstandview: obrien in particular didn't score goals on loan your words now you say 2 at aldershot make your mind up what statement you standing by then no it all

• July 31, 2015 at 21:09

@dave666: sorry mate you've lost the plot and the argument, time will tell if Obrien does it but I personally think he should have been released.

• July 31, 2015 at 21:14

@southstandview: your missing the point. Your wrong that's all I've said but if it makes you feel better I'll agree with you I have lost the plot. You've lost your memory keep up your interesting facts

• July 31, 2015 at 21:33

@dave666: just searching for these extra 3 goals you reckon he's got , back when I find them .

• July 31, 2015 at 21:48

@southstandview: I'm searching for the goals you said he didn't score on loan as for your sitting on your high judgmental horse make sure your correct before you question others on there facts as for my opinion like yours we are all entitled to. But I will say what I think if your facts are less than right. If you don't like it don't post as you clearly get upset if anyone dares make you look wrong obrien did score on loan contradicting your so called facts

• July 31, 2015 at 21:54

@dave666: 3 goals in 26 loan games , I'm right, you know it but I won't upset you anymore by getting the facts right. I hope he does come good but he isn't a kid anymore and has to deliver this season.

• July 31, 2015 at 22:12

@southstandview: I agree with you he has to stand up and be counted this season as for the past that's gone if he ain't good enough after this season realise him like all players they must prove themselves this season is his to show one way or another

• July 31, 2015 at 22:13

• July 31, 2015 at 22:14

@southstandview: but your original statement was he never scored on loan is all I said I'm I right or wrong did he score on loan

• July 31, 2015 at 15:42

@Millwallsteve1972: Don't think Morison was ever on the cards just some websites with nothing to write about so make up some s*** to keep people reading.

• July 31, 2015 at 16:25

@Jimmy Abdous Hip:

Seems that way Jim now he's got a squad number.

• July 31, 2015 at 17:05

@Millwallsteve1972: Disagree I expect to see Steve sign for us soon. I have no inside knowledge but from Neil's comments I am sure we have been after him.

Comments are closed.

You must have an active subscription to view further comments and leave your own.