Patience with youngsters is key says Millwall boss Harris

©
©

MANAGER Neil Harris has called for patience with Millwall's young players.

The Lions ended Saturday's 1-1 draw against Wimbledon with nine academy graduates on the pitch.

Academy product Jack Powell took the corner that initially set-up fellow graduate Sid Nelson for a last minute equaliser at Kingsmeadow.

And Harris has said his young stars will make mistakes but, they will improve with support from all associated with the club.

"They're going to make bad decisions but we need to be patient." Harris said.

"Yeah, they're going to be exciting, but they're going to have time.

"Fred Onyedinma certainly and Kris Twardek possibly they're going to be in the team and flying and then they'll make mistakes in the odd game or two where they might not be at it.

"That's where we need to be patient as a group and as a manger and certainly as a fan base.

"These guys are hopefully going to be at this club for a long time and push us through the divisions, to get us where want to be."

Jay Taylor

(@jay_taylor18)

31 thoughts on “Patience with youngsters is key says Millwall boss Harris

• July 21, 2015 at 09:11

Words of wisdom patients and time youngsters will come good

• July 21, 2015 at 09:26

@dave666: that's all well & good but we know how patient & encouraging a lot of our support can be, I worry we'll be in trouble if we don't hit the ground running?
      We must get the right players in to give these lads a chance, could be very exciting times & the start of a new era for us or if not done properly things could go horribly wrong?
      I hope we give this young team every chance, I'm buzzing at the idea of what's being built but think it will be a long hard season, play offs with what we have would be an excellent achievement?

• July 21, 2015 at 10:31

@matmillwall: let's be honest here , the only reason Bomber is putting all the kids in U.S. Because we have no money to bring experienced players in and I think his words are to prepare us for a season of struggle. Whatever happens the crowd mustn't get on their backs though.

• July 21, 2015 at 10:33

@matmillwall: Steve most including your posts are well thought out and correct in all they say. I can't argue there points. All I say is don't s*** our youngsters off we all know this season we need better players in its obvious we have needed better players the last 3 seasons. Question the clubs ambition yes. Questions the boards appointments yes. Question the managers performance yes. Harris is a new manager needs time youngsters need time to improve I don't like what I watch or see no more than any other fan. But me throwing my toys our wont change a thing so I will be patient with our new manager and young team I do question the ambition of our chairman

• July 21, 2015 at 09:26

Yes lots of patience for the youngsters but coupled with a good blend of hungry
    experienced players who know their way around the divisions

• July 21, 2015 at 13:48

@DenDan: yes mate we can't blame the players if they put in their best we have to stay behind them. Also Harris will need time.

I'm not expecting too much, as long as we finish comfortable top half and the players gel I will be happy x

Comments are closed.

You must have an active subscription to view further comments and leave your own.