Millwall season ticket sales on the rise despite relegation

LIKE-for-like season ticket sales at Millwall are up on last year, despite the club's relegation to League One.

Figures released by the club today show that 243 more fans have secured their seats at The Den for the 2015-16 campaign compared with 12 months ago.

As of Thursday, 3,799 supporters had taken advantage of early bird prices.

The saver discount expires at midnight tonight and the Lions reported another surge in sales this morning.

Many fans are believed to be renewing following the permanent appointment of club legend Neil Harris as manager.

"This is hugely encouraging for the club and an indication of how much optimism and belief there is here," said commercial director Alan Williams.

"It has been a difficult season in many ways, but the last eight weeks or so has seen everyone really pull together. There is a genuine sense of unity here again.

"I'd like to thank all of our season ticket holders, those who have renewed and those buying a season ticket for the first time, for supporting us in such numbers."

To find out more about 2015-16 season tickets, click here.

24 thoughts on “Millwall season ticket sales on the rise despite relegation

• May 1, 2015 at 14:20

Got mine. But I think the early bird offer should be extended to the end of May. There's a lot of bills to be payed at this time of year so come on millwall do the right thing. Coyl

• May 1, 2015 at 14:35

@block 28: Absolutely right, no harm in the club extending it and might even persuade some of those who were wavering to sign up for the next campaign!

• May 1, 2015 at 14:36

Exactly I bought mine yesterday but I would of been much better off if it was extended to just after the 23rd payday

• May 1, 2015 at 14:38

I agree
    I've got mine already too but , for the life of me I can't understand why £80 or so goes onto the cost this month. Why don't they have a cut off point such as June. Purchase a ticket before then and it guarantees you delivery in July ?

• May 1, 2015 at 15:02

@Block 8: we've always had early bird..but i agree qith the end of may being the cut of.
      got my s/ticket monday..got my winter gas bill thursday.so the gas man will have to wait..

• May 1, 2015 at 15:10

Said I would not renew mine for next season .............................. but I have just renewed it ?
    Rude not to as I have a Lions Card so get a bit more discount.
    Agree with what has been said that the early saver should be extended at least until end of May.

• May 1, 2015 at 15:15

Really good point, come on JB and AA give some of fans the option to offset the cost I think we all deserve that after the last couple of seasons. I have said I actually think crowds will increase next year if we can get off to a decent start.
    Another way is to buy now on a credit card then swap the balance to a 0% offer usually only 3% so on £300 cost would be another tenner.

• May 1, 2015 at 15:19

Done mine a month ago, soon as the carrot cruncher went, can't wait for next season, goals, wins and happy faces leaving the den on a Saturday!
    Stick with youth and a few others, no old has been please

• May 1, 2015 at 15:55

lets hope he gets a new goal keeper otherwise we will be down again.He was one of the bigest reasons we went down.Dont forget Neil no old pals acts.

• May 1, 2015 at 16:01

Not surprised sales are up, personally I've had some good times over the years watching the boys in the 3rd division and I can't help but feel optimistic this time round. I really think this step back will pay dividends long term, at least that's what I keep telling myself and the wife when she's speaking to me. Agree that early bird should be extended also to maximise bums on seats.

• May 1, 2015 at 16:53

Oi Oi savaloy.. Great comment. Your an optimist were as I am a pester mist . Hope your glass is harmful this weekend my old china. B lucky

• May 1, 2015 at 17:06

Hello all long time since i was on here i am delighted to say i have bought my first season ticket ever for Millwall and looking forward to the new season, i thought it would be a good idea as getting married in June so might as well get my self a wedding present although the soon to be mrs dont know lol. COYL

• May 1, 2015 at 18:56

I had reservation about next year but renewed weeks ago, whilst Holloway was still here, am I an optimist?

• May 2, 2015 at 08:43

@aeojt: Agree about the early bird but got mine as soon as reneals came out. Never in doubt whether to renew. Up or down Millwall is my team for lift

• May 2, 2015 at 17:14

League 1 we'll be lucky to finish mid table lots of enthusiastic posts on here Reality it's physical and a Long slog don't hold your breath with the youngsters going up against seasoned pros it will take its toll
    NH knows it won't be a stroll he been there I'd like to be caught up in the optimism but 50 plus years of watching Wall we all know it will take at least 3 seasons if where lucky
    I'm sure the dislike button will go into meltdown but let's be realistic
    Wall for 1 and 1 for Wall

• May 2, 2015 at 18:18

Early bird prices for season tickets load of b******* that scum in east london doing season tickets for 99 pounds cos they won't be able to fill new stadium ! Why carnt we do a deal for all our loyal fans we need bums on seats next season kids for a quid every game with paying adult ?

• May 3, 2015 at 20:28

• May 3, 2015 at 20:28

Good news and i apprciate that the club havent put the prices up for some time but i dont think we should be paying Championship prices to watch League One football. Still fair play to loyal 3,799 +.

• May 3, 2015 at 20:29

Good news and i apprciate that the club havent put the prices up for some time but i dont think we should be paying Championship prices to watch League One football. Still fair play to loyal 3,799 plus.