Preview: Millwall vs. Derby County

MARTYN Woolford is available for selection despite breaking his nose during the latter stages of Tuesday's 2-0 defeat to Blackburn.

Woolford suffered the injury moments before Jordan Rhodes scored the home side's second goal but will be in the squad to face Derby.

Defender Sid Nelson hobbled onto Millwall's team coach after defeat at Ewood Park, but interim boss Neil Harris says the younger is fighting fit and ready to play again.

Harris' only injury absentees are Shaun Williams (foot), Shaun Cummings (groin) and Carlos Edwards (knee).

Ed Upson serves the final game of his three-match ban against the Rams, and will be in contention to face Wolves on the final day of the season.

Derby are without Zak Whitbread (hamstring) and Craig Bryson (thigh), while top-scorer Chris Martin is a doubt.

Midfield trio George Thorne, Omar Mascarell and John Eustace are all injured but Will Hughes is expected to start after an ankle problem.

19 thoughts on “Preview: Millwall vs. Derby County

• April 24, 2015 at 17:02

Come on you wall 12/1 to win 2.1. Coyl.

• April 24, 2015 at 17:04

I hope you have a good game if picked Woolford because personally you really frustrate me when I watch you play.
    A Millwall victory to take this to the wire please.
    3-2 Wall win.

• April 24, 2015 at 18:53

My wife says I am getting to old to go and watch Millwall . Plus the stress this year is to much. Pity does she know I love Millwall more lol,,, come on you lions

• April 24, 2015 at 19:09

Come on wall I believe we can do it, 2-1 to millwall tomorrow......milllllll

• April 24, 2015 at 19:20

I've got my wolves ticket for next week regardless of tomorrow's result but traveling up there on the back of three points to me would be like a cup final, it's been another s*** season chaps but hopefully we get some luck in the next two games we deserve it cos we've had f*** all this season and of course s*** refs.

• April 24, 2015 at 20:14

Start Cowan Hall and Woolford/Martin on wings. I think Gueye/O'Brien up front together might work and Fuller is always a solid option for the last 20 minutes. Nelson, no matter how committed he is, should be rested if he's carrying a knock. We can't afford to facilitate that given our position. Get it right tactically and we're in with a right chance here. COYL.

• April 24, 2015 at 23:08

A lot of fans think we can do it others will tell them to waje up and smell the roses.i'd like to point a few facts out to them..last seasons final 2 games were away to qpr (in the playoffs)..and bournemouth at home who were flying ..turned out we didn't have to beat em the draw at qpr secured safety..
    again we have 2 high flyers ..4pts would do..like we got last season to stay up..can we do it .toi right we can..NOLU WDC..

• April 25, 2015 at 00:58

@Jim28: like your positive thinking hope your right but I feel when you play with fire eventually your fingers get burnt ,I've been positive up to the Blackburn game but this time around I just cannot see greggs and o Brian at the level Chris Martin and Tom ince are at ,at Derby , we must convert chances which have been our problem and rovrams 3pt deduction would have been a lot better had we won our previous games,never say never but I can come clean and say I fear the worst.

• April 25, 2015 at 01:37

ANZAC day in australia n we got adelaide oval afl clash port v hawthorn blockbuster then home just in time to see the pride of south London fighting like only the mighty wall can. Hope u guys can get a good turnout n roar the boys on to victory . Good luck to all n my shout. Millllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• April 25, 2015 at 07:15

@grassgrower: all the best bazzer, my grandad was at gallipoli and its my birthday , that adds up to not much but im banking on it for two millwall wins and two rotherham defeats, we all know we dont deserve to stay up but i'll take it any way we can get it !

• April 25, 2015 at 08:49

@thecolumbusblock: big day here mate n happy birthday. If I was there I'd get a bird ta pop outa a cake and giv ya a prezzie. And good on ya ol grandad, Christ, they gave it all those guys. Hopefully the wall boys av that same ANZAC spirit in em 2day . One thing 4 sure , they wanna knock us down they have 2 take us all on . 1 in all in. Port v hawks adel , millwall v derby London come n get us!!! WFNF

• April 25, 2015 at 10:05

@grassgrower: I was born in medindi adelaide, sorry pal the afl cant hold a candle to the atmosphere thats gonna be down the den today. How much would you want to be here. CBL block 38 COYL

• April 25, 2015 at 10:27

@wallchef: ya right there chef, on my first trip to the den I commented to my daughter that 12000 wall made more noise than a big mcg crowd wasn't just that , it was the certainty in the volume. I'd kill ta be there. Think of the joint every day. Get into em mate. No surrender!

• April 25, 2015 at 10:48

Just in case this hasn't been said-

This game is a must win, must win, must win, must win, must win, must win and just in case it needs repeating its a must win!

Whilst we haven't been great all season, our recent play has deserved more reward than we have had. All we need do is put away a couple of those early chances and millwall will might.............

Yours
    The eternal optimist (well until half time anyway) lol

• April 25, 2015 at 12:58

Could really do without this nail biter, not doing my nerves any good at all. It's all up to the team now a lifeline has been thrown. Two tough games and win we must! So nothing less than 200% please lads, Lets show them from the start, two goal lead by half time and two more in the second! COYL

• April 25, 2015 at 13:28

COYL we got 2 win our last 2 games it up 2 u now lads let f****** do them nothink less