Bailey "ready to go again" for Millwall against Blackburn

NICKY Bailey came through his first 90 minutes of the season unscathed and is "ready to go again" when Millwall travel to Blackburn tonight.

The midfielder, who has torn calf muscles on six separate occasions during the past eight months, lasted the distance as the Lions drew 0-0 with Cardiff at the weekend.

That was only Bailey's second start of the 2014-15 campaign, but he's given boss Neil Harris a boost by declaring himself fully prepared for battle at Ewood Park.

"Cardiff was my first full 90 minutes for the first team and I felt alright," Bailey said.

"I'd played quite a few reserve games but nothing compares to going out there and doing it on a Saturday.

"Over the years I've been used to playing Saturday-Tuesday and I feel quite fresh.

"We don't know the team yet but I'm ready to go again. I always play through any tiredness or pain barrier, nothing really stops me."

Three points at Blackburn tonight would crank up the pressure on fourth-bottom Rotherham, who aren't in action again until the weekend.

But despite what is at stake, Bailey is feeling relaxed.

"I don't get nervous anymore," he said.

"You look forward to every game, it doesn't matter who you're playing. Once you cross that line, you just want to give your all and get the three points.

"Everyone who gets the shirt has to go out there and give it their all, like we did against Cardiff, because with performances like that, we have a chance.

"We've got three games left and we've got to treat every single one like a cup final. We need to try to win all three if we can."

The Lions have kept back-to-back clean sheets and Bailey believes a solid base is crucial in a relegation dogfight.

"If you keep a clean sheet in any game, you can't lose it, and we've got some match-winners in this squad," he added.

"Magaye Gueye has shown that he can come on and pull goals out of nowhere. If it's 0-0 or 1-1 late on, you're always in with a chance of nicking a winner."

12 thoughts on “Bailey "ready to go again" for Millwall against Blackburn

• April 21, 2015 at 12:48

We have missed Bailey big time he is a quality player and can play a really big part tonight. It's in the players hands !! Who wants it most us or them? COYL

• April 21, 2015 at 13:03

Dont know how long in the match he will last.cos saturday he was puffing like a old billy goat.must admit he did put in some energy in mid alongside jim

• April 21, 2015 at 13:50

Without a doubt we are a better and more importantly more attacking side when Bailey plays just wish it was more often, still having a little chuckle to myself about the , nothing really stops me." comment .

• April 21, 2015 at 14:46

Old school performance required tonight please Mr B.

• April 21, 2015 at 15:10

Step up Bailey.
    You definately owe us. Really need a big performance from you tonight.
    Good luck.
    Up The Wall.

• April 21, 2015 at 15:11

Go at them from the whistle. They are beatable and we need the result more than they do. A bit more nous in front of goal please. We cant rely on the fa doing us any favours. Would be interesting if we'd been the subject of an investigation. Classically, if you field an inelligable player and you win, you are docked 3 points. If those points are not deducted and only a fine is given I think we have a legal right to contest that decision, particularly if by the points deduction we can keep our championship status. One to wztch I think.

• April 21, 2015 at 15:59

man of the match performance required Nicky....COYL

• April 21, 2015 at 16:19

Even though we've still got 3 games left, a win tonight is an absolute must.
    Win tonight and Brighton will be looking over there shoulder big time, plus Rotherham could be below us come the end of the week should there be a points deduction.
    COME ON 'WALL, LETS MAKE IT 3 WINS AND 9 POINTS.

• April 21, 2015 at 16:25

" I always play through any tiredness or pain barrier, nothing really stops me."

That's funny haven't f****** seen you all season. Time to earn a new contract though isn't it!

• April 21, 2015 at 18:13

@longsuttonlion: Like me you are a tiny bit cynical about Bailey,just hope Millwall are not taken in by him when the contracts are discussed.

• April 21, 2015 at 19:18

Two dislikes about my light hearted opinion about Baileys comments I think some people on here need to lighten get out more or go back to supporting Charlton .