Millwall attacker Gueye unhappy with Holloway treatment

© Keith Gillard
© Keith Gillard

MAGAYE Gueye claims Ian Holloway's comments about his weight were "stupid" but wants to put his differences with the former Millwall boss behind him.

Holloway dropped Gueye from his squad after publicly declaring that the attacker's body fat percentage was too high.

But the 24-year-old, who inspired the Lions' south London derby victory over Charlton, felt undermined by Holloway’s telling-off in the media.

"This was stupid," Gueye said.

"I think he tried to kill me [by saying those things]. But if you're not strong, you won't do anything in life. I want to be strong and focus on what I'm doing.

"When you're a good person and when you work hard, good things happen."

Gueye says his lack of fitness was down to a lack of games.

"I had a very difficult time last season," he explained.

"I didn't play at all because I was injured. But if you want me to be fit, put me on the pitch. I can’t get fitter just by training.

"I don't think he [Holloway] treated me how I deserved to be treated but s**t happens in life and you move on. Now I have to be professional and work hard."

When Gueye, who was declared bankrupt in June, first moved to The Den, Holloway helped him find an apartment with a view to "getting him back on the right path".

"He was like that at the beginning but after that he completely changed," Gueye added.

"This is the past now and I want to forget about it. We've got a new manager and things are changing."

Interim manager Neil Harris has made some important changes to training.

"It's more football and more enjoyment in training," Gueye revealed. "We're working hard and the team is happier.

"The players get to play more football, enjoy training with a smile on our faces and touch the ball more.

"The strikers practise a lot of finishing and we play more small-sided games."

10 thoughts on “Millwall attacker Gueye unhappy with Holloway treatment

• April 10, 2015 at 12:45

Forget it now Magaye we have a new manager,Ollie was clueless it shows now,Look what Bomber has done in the four games in charge and we have scored 4 goals.
    What ever league we are in next season it will be much better then this one

• April 10, 2015 at 16:14

@colin66: totally agree m8 the clown was always in a circus maggie is got so much talent I would play him every game he not fat he wham

• April 10, 2015 at 13:19

I didnt vote for olly on this site but i thought he was a good appointment, he seemed a genuine down to earth bloke. However when i read about the way he left plymouth and palace and how he hung around for his payout at the den ( if its true) ive come to the conclusion that he's a talentless bullshitting lying c*** .

• April 10, 2015 at 13:39

come on bus don't hold back son say what you really mean.

• April 10, 2015 at 14:20

Just shows how stupid both the club and directors were in believing the carrot muncher...Gueye was so starting to motor along and look good and then bam, you fat b****** you are not gonna play until you are as skinny as Jimmy...that I think was the beginning of the end...I personally think we should keep Gueye because the raw talent is there!! Actually anyone heard anymore about the carrot muncher? Or is he still in hiding with Frodo in the dales?

• April 10, 2015 at 14:32

I think he is buying a holiday home with his hard earned million quid, the pirate, arrrr.

• April 10, 2015 at 14:39

HA,HA,HA, I REMEMBER THE PRACTISE - FINISHING SHOTS, AT THE START OF THE BRENTFORD AEAY GAME ( ANYBODY ELSE REMEMBER IT? LOL).NO ONE LIKES US, WE DONT CARE. STORMIN' NORMAN.

• April 10, 2015 at 15:11

OI MAGGIES A NICE GIRL, SHE WORKS IN MY LOCAL CO-OP BUT SHE IS B I G.

• April 11, 2015 at 11:21

I always thought IH timing was crap Maggie was one of our most improved players at the time also to then play Taylor Fletcher (who I like ) but sorry looked well over weight makes you realise what double standards he had then again it was probably all about Him wasn't it .
    Im now just looking forward to the day the Hoff finds out that Couch he bought him was from MFI