Harris: Millwall will not be fazed by their difficult run-in

NEIL Harris says Millwall won't be fazed by their difficult end to the season, insisting: We're not worried about who we play.

The Lions take on four of the Championship's top ten during the final run-in, starting with third-placed Watford at The Den on Saturday.

Millwall are seven points adrift of safety after Rotherham beat Brighton on Monday and will need to win the majority of their remaining fixtures to avoid relegation.

Games against high-flying Derby and Wolves also lie ahead but Harris can’t wait to lock horns with sides who are battling for promotion.

"They're great games and give the players a chance to challenge themselves against some top teams," he told the Southwark News.

"We'll test anybody so we're not concerned about playing Watford.

"We've just beaten an in-form Charlton team in a local derby and we should have beaten a top Brentford side after playing really well, so while we're very respectful of Watford we aren't concerned about playing them.

"We're not worried about who we play.

"We know Watford a very good team with some dangerous players – players who have scored a lot of goals this season – but we're also doing very well ourselves at the moment.

"We're fighting for two completely different things – they're going for promotion and we're looking for survival – but it's all to play for.

"We're at home again and having set the bar against Brighton, we raised it against Charlton and we've got to perform at least as well as we did in those games, if not better, to beat Watford."

A raucous crowd of 14,772 inspired Harris' side to victory over the Addicks and he's hoping for another cracking Den atmosphere this weekend.

"It costs a lot of money to come to football and bring your kids with you – I know that because I'm a football fan myself – so fans can't come every week," he said.

"But I think every fan who was at The Den last Friday would have loved what they saw from their team and if they can come again on Saturday, that would be great.

"I can promise the fans that they won't be short-changed in terms of the Millwall spirit and attitude of the players. We'll see if that's enough to win but we will have a right go.

"The fans pay their money and demand to they see a fighting performance and I can guarantee they'll get one against Watford."

14 thoughts on “Harris: Millwall will not be fazed by their difficult run-in

• April 9, 2015 at 09:35

Great comments a man who knows he's talking about and knows what millwall is all about. COUL

• April 9, 2015 at 09:49

i watched the Watford game earlier in the week and they looked a good footballing side if given the space to play,
    so we need to be right in their faces for 90 mins. close em down,tough tackling and the fans need to scare the sh1te out of them and we can do it....

• April 9, 2015 at 10:02

Good luck to the lads and Neil I'm thinking a 2-2 draw Saturday. Great comments bomber!

• April 9, 2015 at 10:17

Harris a good few years ago now I'm sure some will agree the hair standing moment of pure pride passion and inspiration you produced against Watford scoring that goal on your return to football after your devastating problem, was magic I advise anyone to watch a copy or highlights of the game.
    team talk and motivation is all there for you.

• April 9, 2015 at 10:22

The same number of lions fans(if not more).has to continue to turn out until the end of the season..the ones who stay away could very well miss something special come saturday. COYL

• April 9, 2015 at 10:26

What a breath of fresh air this is, if this had bee Holloway spouting on here he would have been mentioning the oppositions strengths and how good a manager they have and how he admired him, Bomber talks about what we can do, rather than instilling doubt in there minds he is instilling a can do attitude.
    Keep it up bomber no matter what happens in the end it looks like a completely different team we are now watching, than then one that the other block f***** up week in week out.

• April 9, 2015 at 11:03

I agree with the earlier post were are more effective playing against good passing sides such as Brentford when we close them down quickly we made Charlton make loads of mistakes in the first half on Saturday just by getting in their faces .

• April 9, 2015 at 12:40

Chopper is a refreshing change and something we needed. He knows what he can bring to the team and understands the areas he is weak in, but not affraid to ask. For me, I would stick with him.

• April 10, 2015 at 09:39

@Geoff the lion: 8 dislikes for a post that states the obvious, but no follow up comments as to why it's disliked! Clearly we have 8 w****** on here

• April 10, 2015 at 12:40

@Geoff the lion: got the same myself you have to log in to this site so why not name people if they press the dislike button more than 3 times I think they just press it without reading any comments oh well if it keeps the kids happy

• April 9, 2015 at 12:51

A lot of positive posts on here but if we lose sat we have to stick behind the team for the run in. Not go back to slagging them off. & to the anarak to likes to play our site f*** off & grow up.

• April 9, 2015 at 16:17

Performances have much improved and the whole club has a spring in its step I haven't seen since we've been in the championship, we have a manager that doesn't need educating about our club and who doesn't patronise us by trying to educate us about our club, things feel positive and calm. Feels good to be wall again but, I'm a realist, hand on heart I still believe we'll go down but we will definately go down fighting. I'm not being negative in anyway I actually believe it could be a good thing for us to do so.
    After smashing the wally's last week I really fancy us on Saturday for the 3 points and we're long over due against them.
    Cheers chopper for restoring the wall back into these players your just what the doctor ordered.
    As for the disliking mugs on here p.i.s.s off to park before the ice cream man runs out of hundreds and thousands and calls it a day. Little mugs.

• April 9, 2015 at 18:09