Watford recall Diego Fabbrini from his loan spell at Millwall

Diego Fabbrini has been recalled from his Loan at Millwall by parent club Watford.

The 24-year-old has been immediately loaned back out, joining Birmingham City until the end of the season.

During his time in SE16, the popular Italian made 12 appearances for the Lions, scoring his only goal for the club against Sheffield Wednesday.

Fabbrini now joins Gary Rowett's Birmingham City side for the final seven games of the campaign.

Birmingham currently sit 15th in the Championship table.

Jay Taylor

(@jay_taylor18)

38 thoughts on “Watford recall Diego Fabbrini from his loan spell at Millwall

• March 26, 2015 at 17:19

We don't need him,Much better squad now with the youngsters we have got coming in.

• March 26, 2015 at 21:55

@colin66: Sad to see Diego go - but would love to see some talented young millwall players coming through. COYL ⚽️

• March 26, 2015 at 17:43

Don't really understand Watfords thinking behind this.... Unless the blue sh!te are guaranteeing him a starting place every week!

• March 26, 2015 at 18:01

@TheBermondseyBomber:

That will be exactly what they are thinking. how he does not get in our team is beyond me. I know Chopper will have his own style but I think we need the likes of Fabrinni in home games. He may not be what we need for away games with outer back against the wall but I'm shocked

• March 27, 2015 at 09:47

@Ash: GOT TO AGREE WITH YOU ASH,'FAB' DID ADD QUALITY TO THE TEAM,NO ONE LIKES US,WE DONT CARE' STORMIN' NORMAN.
        '

• March 27, 2015 at 16:15

@Ash: though I think he's a good player, he doesn't figure in our squad for next season as we'll never buy him. So for me it's better he goes and we play one of our own

• March 31, 2015 at 08:21

@Ash: hope it does not mean that we will not have any real - quality players at the Den,next season.If it does,the 'gates' will drop even further,will only have the 'Die-Hards'(who actually attend matches and the 'Posters' who have all the excuses for not attending,paying attention to MFC results.but it seems that's what the people in charge want!( NOLU, WDC).

• March 26, 2015 at 18:37

@TheBermondseyBomber: they obviously want to sell him and now know we won't ne able to afford him from league 1. So moved him to a club who might buy.

• March 26, 2015 at 18:00

we have got to play most of the lads who will be at the club next season, so thanks diego, best of luck

• March 26, 2015 at 18:08

One of the decent loanees we had, now gone strange!
    Still hopefully give another youth team player an opening

• March 26, 2015 at 18:30

Joke this is what happens when u leave a quality player on the bench. Millwall's best player by far...

• March 26, 2015 at 19:57

@JordieLion: He was a loanee. He is also beyond our budget and we probably couldn't nail him anyway. Freeing up a place for another young and/or contracted player to gain experience for next seaons is what good management does. Good decision.

• March 26, 2015 at 21:13

@JordieLion: his not our best player because we don't own him
      Not got much to say to Watford if they can take him back when they wanted. The world of the loan market is lost on some. You'll be asking for Fred back now no doubt

• March 26, 2015 at 18:41

Good player no doubt bit I always felt he was in a team that wasn't functioning and he looked good but didn't really impact the team performance. He isn't good enough defensively to play in a 442 formation so makes sense for him to move on.

• March 26, 2015 at 18:46

Didn't fit in with Harris style of play couldn't see him getting a game but would be handy to hav players like him keeping the others on there toes. Maybe there was a clause saying he had to play a certain number of games who's knows.

• March 26, 2015 at 18:48

Too little impact on games IMO. We were never going to sign him, whatever division we're in. I'd rather go with Fred and Maggy; still think handled right, Maggy could be good for us.

• March 26, 2015 at 18:51

Watford want to sell him, and they believe we are down so will not be able to afford, also I reckon he's had a moan up about not being played, very skilful player & would have liked to see him again in a wall shirt, but can understands bombers thinking, it's showing trust & belief in youth, and if we do manage to stay up will be genius, I posted ages ago that he'll have to make some tough choices, looks like he's making them, fair play bomber I hope it works for you saan, but if not, at least you tried

• March 26, 2015 at 19:10

@sjk1768: We will see if Harris will make the hard decisions when dunne is available again,will he stick with Nelson or bring Dunne back,Nelson for me all the time.

• March 27, 2015 at 08:42

@jim1222: I hope he makes the right decision and leaves Dunne out for the rest of season. Get rid and bring on Nelson, or get Beevers playing again.

• March 27, 2015 at 09:17

@jim1222: yeah I totally agree mate, our decent performance's will hopefully do enough to keep Dunne out, it's nelson for me all day long, Dunne's a ball chaser and always seem to get dragged out of position to many times

• March 26, 2015 at 19:03

Harris wants players who would be with them next season and what watford want for him it's the best thing for Fabbrini ,watford and Brum, no doubt Fab would be peed to find he's not playing but playing elsewhere will raise his stock, Millwall won't be complaining, I doubt to be honest.

• March 26, 2015 at 19:33

I have said before I think Chopper is playing players who could be with us next year probably in league one. Fabbrini would never play in that league and with the wages on offer. If I am right it will be interesting to see if the Hoover keeps getting picked as I would think he is in the same sort of situation. Thanks Fab for the memories good feet and clever but a bit of a luxury in our posistion, when there was not really a good final ball, enjoyed watching him play though.

• March 26, 2015 at 20:10

I agree that Fabrini is a very skilful player, by far the most we had but, IMO he slows the game down. Against Brentford we were quick in the attach/counter attack, unfortunately Fab holds onto the ball too long. I can see why he has gone.

• March 26, 2015 at 20:58

First we had puncheon he played brilliant so we lost him.the same goes for woods.couldn't keep him.so its not a shock we've lost out again

• March 26, 2015 at 21:26

@Jim28: Not so much lost out as cut our losses Jim. A luxury we could do without and sensible imo.

• March 26, 2015 at 21:56

Definitely a good player but not the right player for a club who needed steely characters who could fight their way out of trouble. As UpTHeWall says, he slowed the game down when we needed a more direct approach. A good example of the poor judgement shown by Holloway. We needed a beast in midfield, not Twinkletoes.

• March 26, 2015 at 22:11

Harris didnt play him thats good enough for me .....I trust Bomber...

• March 27, 2015 at 02:42

Should of played him are best player this season I no he not our player but he was with us till the end of the season if we played him it would of been a chance 2 get out of this mess anyway he gone now let move forward nd upwards COYL

• March 27, 2015 at 04:04

Can we go undefeated at home for rest of season . Maybe 3 wins and a draw? . Could we win one away out of 3 . Just a thought . 46 points could see stay up .

• March 27, 2015 at 06:20

I really don't think he was our best player. Yes, it was nice seeing him beat a player or two (or three) but he didn't have an end product, held the ball for too long, and opposing defenders found him out by half time so he ended up running in circles or needlessly losing it.However, there's no doubt he's incredibly talented and I'm sad to see him go. Especially since the alternatives are woolford or Martin

• March 27, 2015 at 07:47

@mfclions:

So who in the current team has end product if Fabrinni doesn't? Genuine question.

• March 27, 2015 at 09:40

How many of you guys on here (I include myself in this too) moan when Forde, Williams or any of the back 4 hold on to the ball for way too long and end up giving it away in our own half week in week out...Fabrinni was no different.

I'm pleased he's gone as he was never going to stay long term and was looking to promote himself so some other team with money would come in and buy him.

Talented yes but as previous posters mention, he really didn't have the end product someone of his ability should have and was incredibly frustrating to watch and I ask you all this, how many points did his goal/assists lead to? I'll give you the answer - 0.

I hope he can make the premier league someday and it works out well for him but I trust Neil Harris and this is best for us moving forward.

• March 27, 2015 at 15:42

I think the HOFF and BEEVERS if played could still help Wall stay up - fact.
    We have three home games coming up and we need goals play three up front
    O Brian Greggs and the HOFF three midfield JIMMY UPPY AND BUNGY WILLIAMS.
    CUMMINGS, HOOO, BEEVERS AND HARDING. GO FOR IT.
    GOALIE FORDE I SUPPOSE. Playing the youngsters won't keep us up - it is still possible to stay up if results went our way.
    Hope Bomber and Livers read this the most sensible thread on here so far. Plenty of likes please.

• March 27, 2015 at 16:56

I'm not bothered to see him go at all. For me , he played like a dog chasing it's tail. No end product. Done far too much diving too.
    No loss at all.