Report: Millwall 1-4 Norwich City

NORWICH scored four goals in the space of 22 minutes as Millwall suffered a heavy defeat for the second time this week.

The Lions, beaten 3-0 at Middlesbrough on Tuesday, are now eight points adrift of safety after the promotion-chasing Canaries cantered to victory at The Den.

Jonny Howson broke the deadlock in the 38th minute when he skipped past Nicky Bailey's attempted tackle and lashed a shot into the top corner.

Alan Dunne then gifted the Canaries a penalty on the stroke of half time when he bundled over Cameron Jerome, and Gary Hooper converted from the spot.

Wes Hoolahan capitalised on Michael Tonge's error to make it 3-0 and Howson scored his second and Norwich's fourth when he guided in Jerome's pass.

Substitute Lee Gregory grabbed a consolation from the penalty spot after Diego Fabbrini was bundled over in the box but Millwall were booed off.

83 thoughts on “Report: Millwall 1-4 Norwich City

• March 7, 2015 at 17:42

Seeing Holloway hiding in the dugout today said it all.

• March 7, 2015 at 17:45

@Syd the Lion: complete and utter s*** 30 year olds...

• March 7, 2015 at 19:02

@kyran_nicholl07: the way I saw it..

Could have done a hundred other things today, beer garden etc.. But no my heart got the better of me and I went down the den. Cheers done the best part of £100 for what??
        Where were all those "Millwall" that give it this is my seat all gone??
        The whole clubs changed in my eyes .. All apart from the ih formation
        Still there's no wide men. We still have 5/6 in midfield without a winger in sight or two bog guns up front to get onto crosses.
        There bunched up in The middle not running down the line..babies my the ball in and it's been like this for too long. I'm done now for the season I think and I've never give up and in 30 years
        When will ih try to go back to the basics ?? If he don't he might aswell go. Hiding in the dugout won't help either

• March 7, 2015 at 19:29

@brockleysfinest: also to jb and aa .. Charlton, brighton, Birminghamand nots forest off top of my head change there manager before xmas and look what happend to them...

• March 7, 2015 at 17:44

Holloway will go now – there’s no way he can survive this. But don’t let him, Ambler, Berylson or any of those other fools still supporting him try to put the blame on us fans for turning on Holloway.

No other Millwall manager has had the support he's been given. The blame for this fiasco lies squarely with Berylson, Ambler and the rest of the board who appointed yet another duff manager and continued to back him even when it was clear to most intelligent people that he was a dead duck. No doubt that we deserve to go down - and if I didn’t know better, I’d say by their actions some people at the club seem to have almost been willing this to happen.

• March 7, 2015 at 20:53

@Micky Lions: Agreed Micky, and I think it's a case of the board not wanting to lose face by sacking Ollie after yet another manager appointment balls up!

You must have an active subscription to view further comments and leave your own.