Holloway determined to prove he's the right man for Millwall

IAN Holloway is determined to prove that he is "the right man for Millwall" – and has vowed to continue in his job regardless of the criticism directed his way.

Holloway, who this week received the public backing of chairman John Berylson, has stressed that he will not be walking away from The Den.

The Lions are 23rd in the Championship table and six points off safety with 11 games to go.

But they clawed their way back from a worse position 12 months ago and Holloway says a unified atmosphere at the club can help him to repeat the feat.

And if Millwall are relegated, Holloway wants to lead a rebuild in League One.

He told Lions Player: "I'm the man for Millwall, with my knowledge, experience, what I want to do and how difficult the circumstances will be.

"I believe I'm the right man for that and if the fans don't, I'm sorry I don't agree with you. I agree with how you're feeling at the minute and I'm feeling it twice as bad.

"You can shout and bawl but I'm strong enough to take that and prove long-term that I will be a good addition to this club.

"I'm glad my chairman and board of directors feel that.

"I've had a meeting with my staff and players to tell them that and hopefully that will clarify the situation.

"We need to give our players in this tough situation the chance to not look over their shoulders and go out there and express themselves.

"They need to feel cared for and wanted by the supporters. If we get that right, The Den is a very tough place to come for any opponent.

"If we're stronger together, I believe we can show everybody what we're all about just like we did at the end of last year.

"If that doesn't happen, my job is to make us stronger in the future so that we can come back and fare better in a division that is getting tougher and tougher.

"In my interview with the chairman, this is what we spoke about because he believed that I'm the right one. He still believes I am and I'm fully committed no matter what.

"It's very difficult when things are pointed and allegations are being thrown around about your capability as a manager, but if it isn't working then now's the time to stick together.

"Long term, I want to be popular at Millwall one day – I don't care when that day is but hopefully I can turn this around.

"I need to step to the plate, take responsibility and I'm prepared to do it.

"If that's not good enough or if people think I'm making excuses, then I'm sorry but I'm going to try my best to get the fans a team they can be proud of."

90 thoughts on “Holloway determined to prove he's the right man for Millwall

• March 6, 2015 at 13:23

Ian, please do us all a favour and either start delivering on all this rhetorical nonsense or admit you're not up to it and step aside for the next bloke to have a cracking at sorting out our beloved club. But whatever you do, please stop with the empty, pointless and, to be honest, bloody annoying speeches.

• March 6, 2015 at 13:28

I am with you on these pointless press releases but we are stuck with him so is it now the time to get behind him and the team. We have 12 games to save this season. Weather we do or dont stay up nothing is going to change untill the summer.

Get behind the team COYL.

• March 6, 2015 at 14:03

@millwallmax: I'll always get behind the team, no matter how bad they are. But I'm no longer willing to pretend I support Holloway. He's a walking disaster and taking our club with him. Unless we let Berylson and the board know how we feel, they'll continue to treat us like mindless morons, who are willing to turn up to throw our good money after bad.

• March 6, 2015 at 14:49

Looks very much like he will be staying whether the fans want him or not.

We still have a slim chance of staying up so may as well back the team and hope for another great escape.

Moaning and slagging off at the slightest mistake will only serve to be self defeating and kill off any confidence the players still have.

• March 6, 2015 at 13:24

ffs just go to 442 you muppet i'm sure we will get the results we need!!
    also f*** dunney off and stick a proper CB in there. Bailey back tomorrow make him captain

• March 6, 2015 at 13:26

Ian, you won't be feeling 'twice as bad' as me if we lose to the Anoraks for the first time in eff knows how many years when we play them in April!
    Chin up for tomorrow. COYL

• March 6, 2015 at 13:28

I believe you're a RIGHT ONE Ian, don't you worry about that!

• March 6, 2015 at 13:37

Ollie you have been at the club for 15+ months now and there is no improvement now as when you took charge, yes there have been injuries but most of them seem to happen when the players are playing in a match situation ? the squad we have now is yours as you have brought players in and let players go and by definition the players that were here before you came, and are still here are your players.
    I do hope you manage to keep us in this division, but if you do please call it a day and leave on a sort of a high 21st in the table, if you keep us up the board may use the extra cash to pay you off, but this will then have an impact on what the new guy can spend.
    So in a nutshell you have buggered us either way and you will long be talked about in SE16 and other parts where some of us have moved too.

• March 6, 2015 at 13:40

You say your the right man for the job what comic book you been reading I'm not coming tomorrow why because you are still in the job you got to be the most
    jamie is manager in the championship in if we go down plz just f*** off I hate to think off the s*** we have as you wl sell all the best young players we have

• March 7, 2015 at 07:14

@Millwallpad:
      YeH staying away will help. Don't be a muppet. Get down and support our team. You sound like a Leeds utd glory boy...

• March 6, 2015 at 13:43

I'm as raging as anyone else on here but I can't deny the guy admiration for his "no one likes us we don't care" attitude!! In his position with you lot on my case I have to admit I'd have been on me toes a while ago!! He aint going anywhere and he did it from a worse off position last year so might as well get behind him and the lads! COYL!!

• March 6, 2015 at 13:57

@TheBermondseyBomber: It’s quite easy really. You just have to try to understand what makes the majority of supporters of a club like ours tick, then just keep spouting the sort of sound-bites that we like to hear - sticking together, no-one like us, us against the world, I'm the same sort of bloke as you lot, etc. It would make him a legend if he could'e produced the goods on the pitch, but it soon gets pretty annoying when he’s such an abject failure.

• March 6, 2015 at 15:46

@TheBermondseyBomber: If the team show as much balls as IH did in that interview then we will get some results.
      Have to say that I admire his self belief and the way he is standing up for himself in the face of the abuse that he is receiving. Nobody should have to put up with the abuse that he has received, he may not be everybody's cup of tea but he is a decent man, from my observation of him.
      Perhaps, if everybody accepts that IH is staying and gets behind the team and makes The Den the fearsome place it used to be, then we would see a marked improvement in results.
      Bailey back in the team for tomorrow, a bit of steel in midfield, a proper Millwall crowd aiming abuse and hostility towards the opposition and this could be the start of the great escape.

COYL

• March 6, 2015 at 16:42

@eio: think everyone in the league knows how to turn our own support against us at the minute - us lot need to direct the abuse at the opposition like we used to let's get them all nervous and making the mistakes!! Really hope we turn it round soon! Come on 'Wall!!!

• March 6, 2015 at 19:07

@TheBermondseyBomber: I remember a match at The Old Den against Burnley where they had to substitute a young right back who was in tears because of the stick he was getting from us.......

Let's turn our anger against the opposition tomorrow.... They will not be expecting it....

We (the supporters) can turn the situation around

COYL

• March 6, 2015 at 19:27

@eio: mate I think we can have massive hand in what happens this year! Honestly when our supporters are up for it the opposition flops like a jelly on a wet matress!!!

• March 6, 2015 at 13:44

Sinking faster than an anchor in deep water and you're the one that's responsible. You and Petty Officer Ambler.

• March 6, 2015 at 13:47

We've gone from being the best supporters ever to needing to show a bit more care for the players and manager.

Whatever we all thought of Lomas, he showed far more dignity and honesty than Holloway towards the end. The longer he hangs on to this embarrassing shambles, the harder things are becoming for everyone associated with our club.

• March 6, 2015 at 13:58

@Micky Lions: The man is completely deluded. Millwall supporters have shown unbelievable patience with this berk. His clinging on has become embarrassing for us and him.

• March 6, 2015 at 13:59

This is my first post on News at den, I felt the urge to register for this site because I can no longer read any more of this blokes rubbish and not at least give a response.

Ian holloway is not the right man for millwall, I was really positive when he came on board and what we achieved towards the end of the season was nothing short of a miracle..... however he has had plenty of time this season for results to improve..... they have not.

Sticking by this bloke is a joke, what other club would put up with constant results as bad as ours...none.

I know changing the manager doesn't always improve results but a roll of the dice is certainly required in this case, yes he will cost a lot to pay off..... it will cost more to us as a club to get relegated, also who's to say he's going to be any better for us as a manager in league 1, he talks about a rebuild in league 1, didn't he just rebuild in january, he's only just finished one rebuild and he's now talking about another 1!!!!

• March 6, 2015 at 14:10

Over and over and over and over and over
    Like a monkey with a miniature cymbal
    The joy of repetition really is in you.

IH the cluelss gold digger £££££££

• March 6, 2015 at 14:15

haven't bothered to read ollies b******* on here, deliver on the park before you start spouting off on here !!!!!!

• March 6, 2015 at 14:15

Deluded or what,stop playing silly buggers with our club do something positive if you are capable of such an act .I be there tomorrow don't let us down again .

• March 6, 2015 at 14:24

I'm glad we've established he's the right man for the job. Now that is clear we will start winning.

• March 6, 2015 at 14:40

Why doesn't he swallow his pride and for the sake of staying up or getting results change his formations?

• March 6, 2015 at 14:42

Well if anything Ollie has got the biggest b******* in the Championship. He's prepared to stick around and put up with s*** from us.

• March 6, 2015 at 15:07

@SE6: its called WONGA mate u remember they were with him when his was in Charge at Blackpool.

• March 6, 2015 at 14:46

Christ, he ain't stopped talking about rebuilding since he came here.,
    now he is talking about rebuilding in league one.
    IH might be better suited to working on a construction site.

I Will get behind the team as usual tomorrow,
    but the carrot crunchers are going to be hurting after Wigan.
    Let's hope our Carrot cruncher can pull it off and it don't
    turn into another shambles.

• March 6, 2015 at 14:56

He has a great way of putting his spin on a story yes he was hugged in the car park by a fan at 4am after the Borough game but what he failed to mention was the young lad with him kicked him in the shins and said do one you clueless carrot crunching mug . ( that's a joke by the way for the sensitive types who post on here)
    So after watching that interview does he seem genuinely wounded by our current position I would say very much so at one point I even started to feel a bit sorry for him , then I remembered his wages and division 1 and carried on watching , surely he realises we are loosing out on players because unless you offer a players s*** loads of money no one is going to want to come to a club that is looking at relegation and where the manager seems to have lost the majority of the fans support .
    I would never expect a manager to say he doubts his own ability but it would make much more sense for him to come out and admit he has mostly got it all wrong and that things will need to change just stubbornly sticking to formations that haven't worked just tells people that you don't have a plan b and worse still are not very flexible . Yes the Den is a place or was a hard place for teams to come and play at but unfortunately that now includes us and saying players need to feel loved or wanted is ridiculous because supporters pay good money to come and watch the team and end up going home p***** off , its a two way thing and the manager and the players have to take some responsibility when the fans react badly towards them .

• March 6, 2015 at 14:56

I am backing IH but I am growing tired of these needless interviews. Just give it a rest, we as fans know what's required from our end but we feed off what we see on the pitch a lot of the time, If I see my team getting beat by a better side but the players are grafting and at least trying to make it right then I'm right behind them. When I see a goal conceded and heads drop, our captain keep his mouth closed and sub standard performances from a lot of players then I am not going to happy with that.

Re: sacking IHm, which is what a lot of peopl eare asking for ... there is no value in it, whether it be financial or otherwise. There is no-one who want turn this around out there and if there was why would he want to come to us? We have too many contraints in comparison to other clubs in out division.

• March 6, 2015 at 15:11

Sort it out at home mr holloway we're think of being mugged off everyone's whipping boys

• March 6, 2015 at 15:26

I personally think the rest of this season is a 'anything can happen' situation, it's looking bleak right now and we could go down without winning another game or we could bring it to the last day at Wolves fighting to stay up ... I very much doubt we are going to get out of it but you just never know.

The real time we'll really know is this summer - lots of players out of contract and the chance to completely re-shape the first team/squad, we'll know then if its all complete rubbish all this 're-build' talk or if our long term future is in the right hands... So make sure you back up your talk Holloway whatever league we find ourselves in.

Looking forward to tomorrow as I always do (I'm not insane!), we just really need a positive result at home just to lift some of the doom and gloom around the place!

• March 6, 2015 at 15:34

Ian mate , how long you been at Millwall? 15 months , how many players have you bought in and how many players have you used. On what evidence is there to support your claim that your the man for the job. Ian Millwall have only scored 6 goals since Christmas you won't play to a system that suits the Millwall faithful using one up front, surely you must be able to see your formation is not working.
    Please Ian change the system to having two up front and stop playing players out of position.

• March 6, 2015 at 15:38

Ollie, can I make a suggestion, come up to the stands & watch the game from where we are all watching , you may just see how we all see the game, all the different formations that go on don't work, you may be enlightened to the fact since day one we need a striker that is under 30 to partner Gregory, you may also learn that Dunne is no good at centre back & may even learn a few more things, however the most solid thing you will learn is how p*ssed off you get watching your team fail & after 34 games this season all you can see , is that its going to get worse rather than better. I for one truly hope I am wrong, I do hope you work a miracle again, because we the fans & our club Millwall don't deserve to be in Div1.

• March 6, 2015 at 15:51

I just wish Ian would play a 442 system, as George Graham said " build from the back . If we hard to brake down then we just might go up the other end and nick it. Alway we have had a good defence. Paul Robinson May have been a bit to early to release him. Plus he really was a millwall boy in the mole of Rhino. Good luck boys

• March 6, 2015 at 16:45

@teddy.T: agree with that. I'm a big fan of building a strong team firstly from the back, unless you are Real Madrid of the 90s with unlimited spend to assemble the best midfielder and forward lines in the world with old mantra of "we'll just score more than you". A very strong defence will at the very least score a 0-0 bore draw point. Which all count come the business end of the season

• March 6, 2015 at 15:57

Maybe it's the right man for really...
    Honestly I don't think so, and have brought in the team wagons of old, tired and satisfied players, often fragile and poors,rather than young and hungry, makes me think that my thoughts is not wrong ...

• March 6, 2015 at 15:59

Ps ... Don't worry boys , we have been here before. We have fell down before , wipe our nose and brushed our selfs down . Millwall will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes . Come on you Lions

• March 6, 2015 at 16:01

All this nonsense from posters about 'who would want to come here'? If you think about it, Holloway has made it the perfect job. You come in when we are rock bottom and if you have any nous whatsoever as a Manager you cannot fail to do better then Holloway. The only way is up for the new boss.
    This is why we need to go back to the Millwall way and bring in somebody unproven or proven at a lower level and looking to further their career, it can go wrong (Lomas) but in can be incredible (Graham). This is why I always said that Holloway was a bad appointment, from day one. Despite his own statements, he is not a typical Millwall manager and certainly more expensive than what we needed to get post Lomas. Despite the doubts of the small minority at his appointment, nobody could have predicted how bad things would get under him and he's been an expensive lesson for JB and the club.

• March 6, 2015 at 19:31

@lion.ie: o.k. who would you say was our type of manager the ones who had success or what .try these jj reggie smith ron gray,benny fenton,gordon jago john ,dochert y dennis ,wise mick,mcarthy kenny ,jackett and your mentioned george graham,,lion i.e. was you a bruce rioch fan? all the others failed to bring success even the likeable rhino i know you really wanted mr steve claridge ,but whoever came in was to be severely tested,an extremely partisan crowd, limited financial resources.a tarnished violent past with the fans,hate relationship with the f.a. ,police the list goes on,i agree things are very bad at the moment and i am for mr holloway as i am a pessimist ,as you have to be to be a millwall supporter.

• March 7, 2015 at 15:59

@millwallbuilder:
        I won't argue with your basic point cos, quite frankly, I lost track of what you were saying - however I suspect you meant Billy Gray - Ron was just another of the also-rans (twice).

• March 6, 2015 at 19:40

@lion.ie:sorry pessimist should have read OPTIMIST a punch drunk brain and 3rd glass of raso de la cruz .

• March 6, 2015 at 16:02

Think the fans should vote with their feet like Rangers fans did & boycott all home games from now on & we'll see how long the West Country clown will be in the job for ..not long I tell you

• March 6, 2015 at 16:18

I´m afraid if he doesn´t walk away the fans will!
    The pony and promises that he has come up with since he has been here should be summarized by an expert and put on "YouTube"!
    Let´s face it: the way we "try" to play with 1 striker at home does NOT get results!
    Wood off to Ipswich and we get Taylor-Fletcher with the stomach spread instead.
    When Fuller is on, we must then have the oldest forward line in the country!!

• March 6, 2015 at 16:37

Ollie's got balls I'll give him that lol, show us what ya got to prove it then!!

• March 6, 2015 at 16:39

, nice speech but we have heard it all before , clearly after the last three games the players must be getting fed up with all this stronger together b*******, cos its getting on my wick, first tell dunn your playing at right back , and bring on a natural central defender, play 2 up top not 1 at home , i dread to think if you are still here next season in div 1 , youre s*** football will send us down again, when will the board wake up and see that the crowd we be about 10 000 tomorrow with 2.500 norwich when it should be 13 or 14 ,

• March 6, 2015 at 16:39

People won't like hearing this but he's right, last year when he came in we was all hopeful he could turn it around but the closer to the end of the season it got we all lost that hope and prepared for league 1. Only this man kept the faith and proved us all wrong and it's just a shame that didn't carry on into this season, but last year when we felt we were down we still supported the team through it all and it played a massive part in keeping us up. If we lose that we're just as much to blame as the players and manager, if you sit there and say our support last year didn’t play a part in it you’re deluded and should hand in your season ticket. What ever happened to supporting Millwall through thick and thin? I’m only 22 and even I can see that this clubs changed, fans seem to of lost everything this club was built on and when people ask for it back (our own manager) we slate him?

• March 6, 2015 at 16:51

@ChrisMFC: we gotout off it last season because of bailey, and edwards, not ollie he has been backed by us fan for 13 months and where are we since lomas , nowhere

• March 6, 2015 at 16:55

@teddy.T: agree with that. I'm a big fan of building a strong team firstly from the back, unless you are Real Madrid of the 90s with unlimited spend to assemble the best midfielder and forward lines@ChrisMFC: if and it's a big IF we can do it a third time and survive, next season at least will be a very different proposition, as we will shed the last of players who won't be offered new contracts and therefore the same uncertain situation won't be created again that affected players performances (apparently). But if we do stay in the Championship will Olly blood the youngsters next season or would he feel this league is still a little bit too much for them? Will Olly just flood the squad with ageing injury prone journeymen once more? Let's hope many lessons this season have been learned and never repeated again whatever division we find ourselves in.

• March 6, 2015 at 16:58

@ PAXO: you stay away mate if you want, I've been supporting millwall for donkey's years through thick and thin and thinner. I could never blow millwall out just cos they're crap, or don't rate the manager. they've always been crap, but I love em,always will. You "vote with your feet" and stay away till we start winning and improve, and then come back and tell us what a proper supporter you are. You never know , if you get enough to stay away with you , you may have to support charlton , as millwall will have folded while you were away.

• March 6, 2015 at 17:10

He has got some nerve asking for support from the very people he ignores and lets down.
    Holloway is selfishly hanging on to try to prove that he is not what he knows he really is, a failure. He will destroy Millwall in trying to prove he knows what he is doing.

• March 6, 2015 at 17:17

Holloway left Plymouth Argyle to take-over at the Walkers Stadium last November just days after pledging his allegiance and future to the Pilgrims'. His sudden and unexpected departure angered everyone connected to Argyle, leaving the club in disarray

Today justice has been served with Holloway taking Leicester down to the third level of football for the first time, ruining a great and friendly club in the process. In fact, it could be said that Holloway has ruined two football clubs in one season.

Our thoughts are with the poor Leicester fans who had to put up with the media clown since November.

Plymouth Argyle fans thought that Ian Holloway was something different.

It turns out he's just like any other manager, in fact, he's worse because of his constant pledges of love for Plymouth Argyle Football Club.
    Has any manager in the history of Argyle ever let the fans down as much as Holloway has?

The former Queens Park Rangers manager often spoke about loyalty and his love of the Argyle fans - the Green Army. He spoke with a passion, he spoke of leading Argyle to the Premiership and his frequent rallying of calls to arms were legendary.

Argyle fans bought into Holloway's enthusiasm, they believed that he was 'the one', a good honest guy who we can all stand beside, shoulder to shoulder.
    The Bristolian was the Green pied piper, preaching loyalty to not only the fans but to the players as well.

We took it all in, devouring every last drop at the temple of Ian Holloway.

Except that Holloway was a fake, his words were just sound bites for an eager reporter, blatant self-promotion to grab a headline or two.
    His promises were empty, his musings were false and his vision for Plymouth Argyle built on deception.

Manager's come and go, that's excepted in football but Holloway was different, he pledged allegiance, three weeks before he left Argyle for Leicester he said: 'I've signed a contract and until my chairman tells me any different, I'm staying here.'

But Holloway betrayed the fans and players of Plymouth Argyle.

Just before his departure in November a national newspaper reported that Holloway was unhappy at Argyle, stating that he had become disillusioned at Home Park.
    But Holloway was quick to dismiss the speculation, calling it 'poppycock'.

This is what he said just ten days before he joined Leicester, when asked about the newspaper report: 'Ask anybody who knows me how I feel about Plymouth Argyle and they will tell you the truth.
    'If you need me to say it again, I'm in love with the place. It's absolutely magnificent.

'Ask my players who I'm trying to talk into staying here how Ian Holloway feels about Plymouth Argyle. I think they will tell you the truth.

'It's all poppycock! It's absolutely pathetic.
    'But the media is a very powerful thing and, unfortunately, a rumour can become a bigger rumour.'

When asked about the Leicester City rumour Holloway again poured scorn on such lunacy, he said: 'There's not a scrap of truth in any of it.'

After saying all that Holloway resigned from Argyle just ten days later, amazing isn't it? Argyle fans would have every right to label Holloway a hypocrite.

There might have been problems behind the scenes at Home Park and financial promises made to Holloway by the Argyle board may been broken or delayed but did that justify Holloway walking away from a job that rescued him from the scrap-heap?

Holloway knew full well the tight financial restraints that the Pilgrims operate under but still the board backed the manager and provided him with the funds to break Argyle's transfer record not once but three times!

This whole sorry affair will serve as a warning to all football fans and club chairmen. Just take Holloway's quotes and sound bites with a pinch of salt; he doesn't mean a word!

Read more: http://www.plymouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=108319#ixzz3TctjQEH2

he following is an old post from someone else who got mugged off by this clown;

• March 7, 2015 at 01:02

@DavyLion: Brilliant post - just says it all. He's a clever bloke, but a charlatan. He had okay spells as manager with QPR, Bristol Rovers and Plymouth, but has been pretty washed-up for a few years now (including Palace). I just wish more of our fans could see the bloke for what he is.

• March 6, 2015 at 17:19

I've posted that I believe that the time has come for IH and us to part ways, with no ill will from me, but JB seems to want him to stay long term.
    All I can say is this.
    Come rain or shine all the time our familys well bring, and as the lions run on the pitch will sing.....
    My point being I'll give whoever is out on the pitch 100% support to help us scare the s*** out of opponents and give my lions a roar or 20.
    Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• March 6, 2015 at 17:28

Behind you all the way! This team is s*hi*t! If we were getting these results with a close to fully fit squad then yeah it would be time to go. But MOST of the team is injured and the ones that arent are rubbish! Come on you lions

• March 6, 2015 at 17:29

The grandstanding between Holloway and Berlyson is dangerous and destructive,has Holloway any integrity?does either man care enough about Millwall and its supporters enough to put egos and self concern to one side?I will support the team but not be a pawn in their game.

• March 6, 2015 at 17:32

Fair play to u ollie . Loved the closing speech , they don't know who they're dealing with ..... thats the millwall spirit now just install that in to some of our light weights .. by the sounds of it his only intention was to always rely on the youth next year and maybe a couple of unproven purchases along the way to boot . Whatever happens I'm in it for the long haul and I'll always support any man that wears our shirt s**t or world class as long as he gives his all ... financially and attendance wise we are a top league one team punching above our weight as an underdog n not till we get some rusky with monopoly money will we be anything else . I think the only chance we will ever have any success is if we start with the youth and keep the conveyer belt rolling for many years..... f**k the wage thief loanies and spend that money on the youth development instead . I think people would be happier if we could see a brighter future after a fall and if you would for the love of god just keep it simple and play 442 and stop tinkering. .......

• March 6, 2015 at 17:40

Holloway is only here for the money who else would put up with all the crap from us how many will be left in the ground if we have a bad result like boxing day or will Christmas come early for us mad lions Mickie w

• March 6, 2015 at 17:54

Well there you go my Millwall brethren - Ollie is in the seat til at least the end of the season.
    This current team will never be more than cannon fodder in this league - but, with the tremendous support of the best fans in the world, this team CAN cause an upset and can sneak the points we need, IF we roar them across the line.
    Your duty is clear. Buy a ticket. Get behind the team. Put aside whatever we might feel about the manager, the players, the chairman, the ambler.. bigger things at stake. Any chance we have will be decided by us. Boo and we're dead already - and that is not what we're about.
    Better to be a Lion for a day, than a lamb all your life.
    Lion til I die. COYL

• March 7, 2015 at 00:46

@millwallbuilder: Cheers fella.. Some dislikes on the post but these people cant see the wood for the trees. We're all unhappy -but we've all got to shut up whining for now and just give the boys our support. Anyone who cant see what a desperate situation we're in is a fkin idiot. Assuming if we go down we'll come right back up. Think more in real terms - like, we go down, we lose JB, then what? This club has nearly folded before and it can happen again. If nothing else we go out with some pride.
        I want us singing well before the players come out. I want the place like a red hot cauldron. See how their players react when we put the pressure on them instead of on our boys. We need to cheer every Wall touch and boo all of their touches - for the full 90. See how Norwich get on with that.
        The odds would become even. And thats how we get out of this.
        COYL

• March 6, 2015 at 21:32

@Mullwall: Got my ticket.... Travelling 75 miles to match as usual
      Win lose or draw, will do same for next match

To all the plastic fans and glory hunters who are boycotting this game... That is your choice....my choice is to support Millwall through thick and thin and when the support is needed most - Now, when we are up to our necks in it

COYL

• March 6, 2015 at 18:55

Unfortunately we do know who where dealing with and unfortunately it's you IH our bad luck and if your not going to be thrown out with the bath water we don't have to sit in it with you until it goes cold

• March 6, 2015 at 19:22

Benik Afobe would choose Wolves over us the second time round because we have no quality in this side... Even if we do pull the reddies up for someone of similar quality/age, who realistically wants to come to Millwall at the minute? Anyone with a future wants to develop whilst being part of teams that are on the up, not teams that are on the verge of relegation with fat 30+ year olds up front.

• March 6, 2015 at 19:35

This season feels even more doomed than the last. I can't recall ever having League 1 in my brain this time last year, but this time round I've been thinking about it for a while! There's absolutely no optimism from fans or players, even Holloway can't hide the fact that he knows we're f*cked. Berylson must surely know that unless he wants a repeat of this season, last season and the season before that then he'll need to reluctantly put his hand in his pocket again.

• March 6, 2015 at 19:52

S@Shittu's Hankey: Surely this is the point? Previously there has always been the thought that something would turn up and save us. But since November people have been expecting the worst, hope has been crushed.
      The major shortcomings are obvious and it is not just the lack of a goal scorer, it is the lack of an organised defence and covering midfield - these do not cost a lot they just require a manager who has some idea of how to do the job. Holloway does not and it has been obvious to everyone that Holloway has failed again.

• March 6, 2015 at 21:01

@Jzero: Even 1 striker capable of scoring 15 goals this season would have kept us out of this mess. I used to think our strikers didn't get enough service but recently this has not been the case. Gregory is missing way too many chances, maybe he is not on the same page as Fabb yet

• March 7, 2015 at 01:20

@Shittu's Hankey: Sheffield Wednesday have scored less goals and have 15 (50% ) more points. Start with a defence that does not concede and you always have a chance.
          Jury is out on Gregory but strikers require service and confidence - best example I can think of is Torres at Liverpool vs Torres at Chelsea. Millwall's problem is Holloway, he is simply useless.

• March 6, 2015 at 19:55

Why would he go? He has Chairman who thinks Holloway knows what he's doing and he gets well paid. How many goals would we need to concede tomorrow for Holloway to walk or Berylson to sack him?

• March 6, 2015 at 20:04

Just go you clown. You sound so desperate - I won't be going again until you've gone. Hurts like f*** but I doubt you give a monkeys. This has now become a matter of principle.

• March 6, 2015 at 20:44

@NO1LIKESUS: Agree and I am the same.Just read DAVYLION`s post above to see that his words mean nothing.

• March 7, 2015 at 04:28

The man is a cowboy ask Plymouth Leicester qpr palace he said the same nonsense to their fans. 5year plan your the team I've always wanted crap and left them all in the sh it he's fooled everyone we're his latest mugs his record is rubbish and if you're a fan of his then you're stupid

• March 7, 2015 at 08:34

The way I fill even if we stay up can we trust a man that plays a player the player as a great game then he drops him he tells jake goodman he is not good enough but jake keeps 6 clean sheets in a roll and as a great game v Liverpool instead he puts dunne his new found best mate at centre back none of us know what he is going to do next I think it's all a bit strange

• March 7, 2015 at 11:34

Empty words built around his huge wages.
    Every club he has been at, has ended in some kind of fall out.
    Yep, he has had a couple of promotions, a lot of Mediocrity,
    and he is very experienced at being relegated.
    My concern, if we end up in league one he will take
    the first offer from a championship club that comes along.
    Because that is what he usually does.

Regardless of Holloway, I will be there to cheer the team on.