Millwall chairman remains "fully supportive" of Holloway

JOHN Berylson has reiterated his support for Ian Holloway after bookmakers cut odds on the Millwall boss leaving his post at The Den.

The Lions are six points adrift of Championship safety and were emphatically beaten 3-0 by Middlesbrough on Tuesday night.

But Berylson, the club's American owner, insists a change of manager at this stage of the season would not improve their survival chances.

"Results have been disappointing but we do have one of the most experienced managers in the game and we have just rebuilt the team," Berylson said on Wednesday.

"I don't believe that a change of manager would lead to different results. The players are working with him so we've got to hope that he can pull it off like last year.

"Whatever happens, happens, but in the meantime I am fully supportive of the manager."

Berylson also insisted that his own commitment to Millwall will not be affected by the club's divisional status come the end of the season.

His investment in the Lions currently stands at around £40million.

"I'm already planning for next year so I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere," Berylson added.

"If the worst happens, I want to make sure we are a strong team in League One.

"If we stay in the Championship, we have to decide what to do and how to change things because I don't want to be in this position. I have not enjoyed the last three years.

"We will be building the club differently in terms of player recruitment. We need better players and to look at the root causes of our current issues."

114 thoughts on “Millwall chairman remains "fully supportive" of Holloway

• March 4, 2015 at 18:21

oh dear, we're stuck with the bloke. season tickets gone in the bin, and you can kiss bye bye to me buying a season ticket for next season. had enough of seeing this s*** team.

• March 4, 2015 at 18:47

@TONY BLOCK28: Exactly my thoughts.Wish I had not bought a ST this season and will not next.Will not go until the Clown has gone.
      JB can do what he wants,trouble is he does not see the s**t every game,just told things by certain people.

• March 4, 2015 at 20:24

@TONY BLOCK28: Winston Churchill once said of Americans three things I can tell you "they lie, they lie and they lie!"

Don't believe a word of it, JB is not stupid but he's not always right either.

He put his faith in Holloway after the great escape last year, but the gamble has not worked and deep down he knows it. probably kicking himself and the seat on his private jet.

Ultimately you get what you pay for. If you don't invest in youth or in buying talent your luck finally runs out. You cannot guarantee winning the league not matter how much you spend but if you don't spend at all you can guarantee sooner of latter you'll pay for it by relegation.

We need to win the vast majority of our remaining games to stay up - highly unlikely. If we go down Holloway will be gone at no cost and you take it on the chin and move on. If we stay up we have won the jackpot ridding a three legged horse. ⚽️

• March 4, 2015 at 23:23

@TONY BLOCK28: Don't panic. Read between the lines here. He is saying he will stick with Holloway for the moment and review at the end of the season. If we go down, which is still an if (theoretically but not realistically), I think he is saying Holloway will be given the heave ho.

• March 4, 2015 at 23:26

@TONY BLOCK28: @TONY BLOCK28: What a f****** yank p**** !!!! There's a little saying that says " if you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got "..... Holloway is a clown and we are now destined for league 1. After 17 years as a season ticket holder, I'm f***** If I will buy One for next season !!!! It's Bromley town for me until this maverick p**** is sacked....... F****** inbred w***** !!!!!

• March 5, 2015 at 22:18

@TONY BLOCK28: b******* had a change of heart , be there on sat, while we still got a chance i'll give it my best not to invade ollies space and kick him in the nuts. come on millwall show some menace !!

• March 4, 2015 at 18:22

The root cause is there for all to see. An overpaid egotistical lunatic in charge(3 unchanged teams for the first time and 3 losses???) And far too many loan players who really don't give a sh..
    Fair play on the £40 million though, money he'll never get back. Imagine if jb wasn't here

You must have an active subscription to view further comments and leave your own.