Millwall chairman remains "fully supportive" of Holloway

JOHN Berylson has reiterated his support for Ian Holloway after bookmakers cut odds on the Millwall boss leaving his post at The Den.

The Lions are six points adrift of Championship safety and were emphatically beaten 3-0 by Middlesbrough on Tuesday night.

But Berylson, the club's American owner, insists a change of manager at this stage of the season would not improve their survival chances.

"Results have been disappointing but we do have one of the most experienced managers in the game and we have just rebuilt the team," Berylson said on Wednesday.

"I don't believe that a change of manager would lead to different results. The players are working with him so we've got to hope that he can pull it off like last year.

"Whatever happens, happens, but in the meantime I am fully supportive of the manager."

Berylson also insisted that his own commitment to Millwall will not be affected by the club's divisional status come the end of the season.

His investment in the Lions currently stands at around £40million.

"I'm already planning for next year so I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere," Berylson added.

"If the worst happens, I want to make sure we are a strong team in League One.

"If we stay in the Championship, we have to decide what to do and how to change things because I don't want to be in this position. I have not enjoyed the last three years.

"We will be building the club differently in terms of player recruitment. We need better players and to look at the root causes of our current issues."

114 thoughts on “Millwall chairman remains "fully supportive" of Holloway

• March 4, 2015 at 18:21

oh dear, we're stuck with the bloke. season tickets gone in the bin, and you can kiss bye bye to me buying a season ticket for next season. had enough of seeing this s*** team.

• March 4, 2015 at 18:47

@TONY BLOCK28: Exactly my thoughts.Wish I had not bought a ST this season and will not next.Will not go until the Clown has gone.
      JB can do what he wants,trouble is he does not see the s**t every game,just told things by certain people.

• March 4, 2015 at 20:24

@TONY BLOCK28: Winston Churchill once said of Americans three things I can tell you "they lie, they lie and they lie!"

Don't believe a word of it, JB is not stupid but he's not always right either.

He put his faith in Holloway after the great escape last year, but the gamble has not worked and deep down he knows it. probably kicking himself and the seat on his private jet.

Ultimately you get what you pay for. If you don't invest in youth or in buying talent your luck finally runs out. You cannot guarantee winning the league not matter how much you spend but if you don't spend at all you can guarantee sooner of latter you'll pay for it by relegation.

We need to win the vast majority of our remaining games to stay up - highly unlikely. If we go down Holloway will be gone at no cost and you take it on the chin and move on. If we stay up we have won the jackpot ridding a three legged horse. ⚽️

• March 4, 2015 at 23:23

@TONY BLOCK28: Don't panic. Read between the lines here. He is saying he will stick with Holloway for the moment and review at the end of the season. If we go down, which is still an if (theoretically but not realistically), I think he is saying Holloway will be given the heave ho.

• March 4, 2015 at 23:26

@TONY BLOCK28: @TONY BLOCK28: What a f****** yank p**** !!!! There's a little saying that says " if you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got "..... Holloway is a clown and we are now destined for league 1. After 17 years as a season ticket holder, I'm f***** If I will buy One for next season !!!! It's Bromley town for me until this maverick p**** is sacked....... f****** inbred w***** !!!!!

• March 5, 2015 at 22:18

@TONY BLOCK28: b******* had a change of heart , be there on sat, while we still got a chance i'll give it my best not to invade ollies space and kick him in the nuts. come on millwall show some menace !!

• March 4, 2015 at 18:22

The root cause is there for all to see. An overpaid egotistical lunatic in charge(3 unchanged teams for the first time and 3 losses???) And far too many loan players who really don't give a sh..
    Fair play on the £40 million though, money he'll never get back. Imagine if jb wasn't here

• March 4, 2015 at 18:23

Good man Berylson. Holloway is a brilliant manager and we should keep him even if we are in League One.

• March 4, 2015 at 18:24

Well you will lose the supportive supporters JB.

• March 4, 2015 at 20:20

@Big Millwall: Just got back this afternoon after a sad game result, but still enjoyed the trip and drink with some of the 'locals' ( who treated us very well ).No the Supportive - Supporter will always support MILLWALL, and if JB & Ollie are still here, Their 5 x yr PLAN will continue. As usual those BRILLIANT FANS ( we all know who they are ), cheered MFC at 'BORO' , even though we were poor! ( NOLU, WDC ).

• March 4, 2015 at 18:25

The chairman has spoken! And there isn't much more than be said now other than as fans we back the team on the pitch it dosent have to mean the manager but the players who wear the Lions shirt come match day. That fantastically spirited team that won promotion through Wembley at the second attempt and very nearly missed out on another play-off in the championship the following season feed off the sort of vocal backing... Now we go again!

• March 5, 2015 at 08:32

@Bexley_Lion: well said at end of day most true wall fans will always support players on pitch this great club of ours is about fans can't imagine spending a better Saturday afternoon with u mates having few jars and banter quality! Come rain or shine on Saturday everyone will sing Let am all come down to the den!!!!!!!!

• March 4, 2015 at 18:26

well you're gonna lose ya faithful then. your choice!

• March 4, 2015 at 18:26

Ok, fair enough, but can you get rid of Ambler now instead?

• March 4, 2015 at 18:36

Don't worry he's just waiting for the bookies to lengthen the odds again so he can stick enough on to cover the cost of sacking the fool.

Should have done it before Rotherham JB would have got 4/1 now it's 4/9!

Oh by the way my season ticket renewal is largely dependent on Ollie not being the manager. I've watched 3 awful seasons worth of football in the championship and a fourth in league 1 doesn't appeal. Price freeze for lower league football! Must resist, so tempting.

Do you want fans in the ground or Ollie barking orders in an empty stadium? How bad must he do? Would losing all the remaining games be enough to sway you?!

• March 4, 2015 at 22:30

I don't share the negative views about JB. But for him we wouldn't be angry about Holloway's complete shambles heading us towards relegation from the second tier of English football, we would more likely be in deep mourning about our beloved football club no longer being in existence or struggling in the fourth tier like Pompey. I will be forever grateful for what job has done for us and for what he continues to do for us with his very best intentions. Holloway is clearly a massive problem and whilst one of the most experienced as JB says he is most certainly the biggest managerial lunatic an definitely with his best years way, way behind him. I thought he was a good appointment after lomas as did a lot of us and JB obviously thought he was the right man for the job and last season he kept us up. I'll be back next year and so will all of you because in the immortal words I'd Danny shittu we are Millwall and that's what we do. Although we all quite rightly and totally understandably have a good moan about the sit holloway has served up for us, loving Millwall (unlike the the glory hunters of most prem league supporters) is an unconditional love. That's in respect of our famous club, not its custodians, managers and players. It's our club and I'll always support it and I'll always appreciate JB too. COYL!

• March 4, 2015 at 18:38

Sums the situation up, its all about cash and ego's,I wonder if when were down that Fred and marquis will get a run,they've proved they can do it in the division,I suspect not though,they'll be some cash to be made.!!!!!

• March 4, 2015 at 18:44

@eddielarge: Marquis will not come back at all, I've heard Gillingham are sorting him out a contract.

• March 4, 2015 at 18:45

Shouldn't this have been addressed after scrapping to survival last year then JB?
    Perhaps the season before then we also just stayed up?

I suspect it will be a similar comment at the end of next season.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:59

@MFC Lion: I agree the last three years have been depressing so I am just thinking about the next match hoping we can improve but your point about addressing it last year, imo last March they would have planned for life in Div 1, when all those on contracts could have been released this is what happens when you are relegated, staying up is what caused IH 's problems, he had loads of players on the books but carrying on with the same team that finished last season seemed to work until Carlos's injury then the changing of players began until it came to January when players could be released so he has a new group to work with, injuries again have not helped but we have a good crop of young players that will be the basis for team for the next few seasons Div 1 or Championship so that is imo why JB is staying with him

• March 4, 2015 at 20:05

@MFC Lion: The problem was that although the team needed sorting out at the end of last season, we had players that in general nobody else would have signed - not good enough and too old. Perhaps the thinking was - let's get through this season and reorganise next year when all the out of contract players are off our hands.

As we all know it hasn't worked out like that, and we had a mini clear out in January to try and stem the tide, but up until now the plan has backfired.
      Come the end of the season the clearout will happen and next year we will start with a completely new set up whatever division we are in.

Come Saturday we go again and win lose or draw we need to get behind the team.........it's not over until the fat lady sings........at the moment she has lost her voice............will seh get it back ?

• March 4, 2015 at 18:48

Glad the chairman committed to the club however it turns out, I'm in 1st division mode like many but far to early to throw the towel in. Cant see how dumping Holloway now will help, only a caretaker till the end of the season is likely because no one of any stature would step in now if they've got any sense. I will be renewing because i know by the end of the summer i will be getting withdrawal symptoms and can't wait for the fixture list to come out whatever division it is, and thats the way it is and always will be !!!

• March 4, 2015 at 18:52

Ok he is not going .
    So someone tell me what can he actually do to keep us up .
    You can see there is zero team spirit .
    Are the players that devoid of selfasteam they can't be bothered .
    You look at charlton and Brighton last nite all want the ball bussing .
    Oh what a few wins can do .

• March 4, 2015 at 18:57

Berylson keeping Holloway because he doesnt want to pay compensation and it deflects the forthcoming abuse away from the board.
    Berylson hasnt invested the money in Millwall it is a loan!
    he should keep quiet as well his comments are embarrassing "we will be stronger next season", dont make me laugh.

• March 4, 2015 at 18:58

I do not trust this bloke one bit,do not believe one word he says.....finding hard to believe that all the pro Berylson and proJollyaway comments are genuine.....me thinks this site is being tampered with like Berylsons figures

• March 4, 2015 at 19:04

WHAT EXACTLY HAS HOLLOWAY ACHIEVED IN 18 MONTHS?
    Are we a better club?
    Does the side shown signs of improvement under him?
    Does he know how to bring the best out of players?
    Will he ever try a different formation?
    Will he keep bringing in old has-been strikers?
    What a disaster to my club of 50 odd years - get rid of him now.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:14

@AireLys: Well said - Sums up IH.He has taken the Club backwards - big time.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:22

@Longfield Lion: I could go on by saying that with the wage bill of all these old has been forwards he could of got a more talented younger striker.

• March 5, 2015 at 08:12

@AireLys: more talented younger striker, would not want to join our outfit and I'm affair to say that's been our problem for a few seasons now.

• March 4, 2015 at 21:11

@AireLys: He's done something no other manager has ever done - he's put an evil spell on lots of impressionable and naive Millwall supporters into believing that he's not totally useless. I have to admit that it seems to be working quite well.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:13

Just thinking outside the box "if you pardon the pun" all this "understandble" Ollie bashing is not healthy but the players have a lot to answer for here, I keep on hearing about the pressure MILLWALL put the players under when at home what cr£p this excuse has been used under the radar for to many years, why? I will tell you why the team has players who are not good enough for this level put that with a lack of investment you have millwall 2015. I think the chairman has supported well but his side kick ambler letting 20players coming to end of contracts at the same time is the worst managing in the history of football. Re-building in January window is laughable thus up s s£it creek without a paddle

• March 4, 2015 at 19:37

@mfcmike: We have some good players here but Holloway does not know how to get the best from them and will not change his formations.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:15

Never mind silly nuts I am losing support for you JB with your erratic decisions and constant obsession with shielding yourself by the incompetent

As others said a price freeze for a league 1 ticket is not mouth watering

One thing always prided this club its fight and that's gone completely devoid the club has become a haven for leeches

Every day I come on here hoping he has gone here's hoping

• March 4, 2015 at 19:17

The championship has moved on from a few years ago and we haven't. Clubs that have come down from the premier league have money we don't,other clubs have a large crowd every week,we don't so league one is about our level for now. With a different manager in charge some more supporters through the gates then we might progress and become a genuine championship club but we look way off imo. We have to be careful not to get complacent in league one and think we are billy big b.ollocks. The hard work starts now.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:25

@LETEMCOME:

Sadly I do not share others optimism for a quick return league one is a shxx division to come up from

• March 4, 2015 at 19:38

@Millwall1979:
        My thoughts as well.
        There are some good strong teams down there
        that are being run better than this club, and on a lower budget
        with shrewd managers.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:42

@Millwall1979: Your not wrong. It's a hard league. Just look at the once so mighty club's that are finding that out now.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:24

I had given up any hope of staying up, my thought was to go for change to build for next season in L1. Watching another 11 games of this std football isn't gonna be any fun but I will renew my ticket for next season. I am very happy that JB has voiced his commitment, that is the best bit of news we have had for months.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:24

It's your club JB, however my advice to you is you need to be a lot more hands on with the running of it. You might then see how out of depth Ambler and Willy Wonka really are.
    It might also help if you come to more games, so you can witness the s**** we all have to put up with.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:38

@Syd the Lion: a quick look at all of the match highlights on NAD should do the trick. Once he's seen none involve Millwall players the penny may finally drop.

• March 4, 2015 at 21:15

@Syd the Lion: It's not his club. He'd never even heard of Millwall until before he became Chairman. He currently holds that position, but like managers, Chairman come and go very quickly.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:40

What a pathetic situation and a weak chairman who has not got the bottle to get rid of this clown of a manager. Its obvious they want Millwall to go down, they cannot afford the wage bill or costs of the championship. The management have sunk to a new low in my estimation. Only the supporters can now get rid of Holloway and do so with their feet. I have already said I am not going to any game whilst Holloway is in charge, he is an insult to my intelligence and the football club I have always loved.
    I now hope that some buyer will take over at the den, that Berylson, Ambler and their ilk are shown the door.
    Thoroughly depressed and disillusioned by the situation.

• March 4, 2015 at 21:21

@Peckhamlad: But don't you realise that without Berylson there is no Millwall. Nor would anyone else but the under-paid Holloway ever want to be Millwall manager. It's not even Amblers fault - if there weren't so many moaners we'd fill the Den every week. JUst face it, we're punching above our weight and don't even deserve to exist.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:41

How can JB have any confidence in Holloway? How many of you think we will get a result against Norwich Saturday? When will the penny drop, when we have gates of 4 or 5000?

• March 4, 2015 at 19:41

In every aspect,is there a worse run football club in the entire football league? (this is a genuine question)

• March 4, 2015 at 19:44

look bascally, hes one of the best paid managers weve had at our club, whats the difference between him and Lomas , absolutely nothing, both are judged on results so why did lomas go and we still have Holloway easy PAYING HOLLOWAY COMPENSATION which would cost this club,on the playing side ive seen nothing to suggest we will win two games let alone one, so ollie start earning what your being paid and somehow get this mediocre front line to score some bloody goals ..were not down yet, come on you Lionsssssss!!!!!!!!!!

• March 4, 2015 at 19:50

Don't care what our chairman says or what comes out of hollaways & amblers mouth all I care about is our team so it's down to us to get behind our millwall 100%. We are the only ones that can motivate the players starting Saturday that's what we do. Milllllllllllllllllllllll

• March 4, 2015 at 19:51

I'm just fed up with everyone at the club talking utter b*******.

• March 4, 2015 at 19:59

JB aint going nowhere Holloway aint going nowhere i think its time we pull together once again ppl.

• March 4, 2015 at 20:01

1-0 Wigan, wall down to 23rd if that's a result :(

• March 4, 2015 at 20:13

It looks nailed on we're League One next season.
    I will be renewing my season ticket next month. Why ? cos to me , Millwall's a way of life.
    On average , we drop and get relegated every 5 or 6 years. It is what it is.
    next season will be interesting to say the least. Why ?
    Fordey ,Cummings , Nelson , Dunney , Cowan Hall , Fred , Abdou , Powell , O'Brien , Gregory , offer Marquis a contract ,
    The above is not formation based , but by and large that lot would do a great job in League One.
    Let's all hang on in there , it's what we do !

• March 4, 2015 at 20:20

@Block 8: TBH mate, I will probably renew mine as well. Even though things are s**** at the moment, I believe we have a few rays of light. That being Fred, Sid and a few of the other youngsters.

• March 4, 2015 at 20:47

@Block 8: Fordey will be gone. He's one of the senior players but personally I think he will think he is too good for 3rd tier football and will be gone. As for the rest, with IH still in charge I doubt Marquis will be offered a deal. Wycombe will probably pay peanuts and get Fred. IH will continue to check his Blackpool/Palace directory and sign 30+ players on loan and continue to play one up front with the players not knowing what is going on.

This might sound a bit far fetched but it's what he's done all season so there's no reason to believe he will change. In a lower league he'll think he's an even bigger fish in a smaller pond and that ego will grow.

A sorry state of affairs. I'm so gutted this is happening to my club. There's a lot of support on here for IH after this article but I guarantee at 5pm on Saturday everyone will be in the car park calling for him to be gone.

• March 5, 2015 at 08:41

@Block 8: I will also be renewing my season ticket much to my darling wife's astonishment!

• March 4, 2015 at 20:28

we are a joke from top to bottom. Little clubs from league 2 must fancy the championsip when they see the likes of us in it, all be it until we get relegated. Any other ckub in the whole of the football league would have got rid of holloway but we have a chairman who is being held over a barrell by a greedy manager who knows he should walk but is too pig headed and wants to drag millwall with him. We cant afford to get rid and he knows it, well a heavy defeat on saturday and i suspect there will be a baying mob planted right outside the players entrance

• March 4, 2015 at 20:36

Kiss of death very negative and so short sighted to think the supporters are going to follow this S H I T in league 1
    Even worse that he thinks where all stupid a total insult to supporters who have been here for years it will take a lot to regenerate that sort of supporter that's not something that can be included into a business plan ,and it seems JB plan is league 1
    2nd half come Saturday mass walk out needed to show our thoughts on all management and teams performances 2 minutes toilet break then let's come back and roar them on to beat Norwich
    JB and co needs to know that without us there is no Wall
    Let's stand together. All For Wall And One For Wall

• March 4, 2015 at 20:41

looks like wigan have more fight than us !!

• March 4, 2015 at 20:46

what ever happens , happens - what does that mean?

a supposedly intelligent man - what happens is a direct result of what is done - and what is done is s***

we have just rebuilt he says - well no - we have loanees who will go and others at the end of their contract who wont be staying (hopefully) so there will be nothing left at the end of the season

it is clear he knows nothing about football and nor does ambler

• March 4, 2015 at 20:59

I'm sure harsh words have been directed at JB to Ollie in private. JB, though out of his element in football, is shrewd and must be fuming at all he's put into this club with poor results and lost money to show for it. I'd imagine he has put the fear of God in Ollie and it's entirely possible that he walks after we drop.

As much as I'd like to be optimistic, our goose is cooked this year. Last year was honestly a miracle and how often does lightning strike twice? Relegation and a fresh start will probably be good for this team. Minus our first year up, our time in the Championship has been awful.

• March 4, 2015 at 21:17

the more I think about tis situation, the angrier I get

so we need better players do we ??

might you have thought about that before giving IH such a lucrative contract

they have totally written us off this year - I think it is disgusting - it would be 5000 Saturday if it wasn't for 2000 Norwich

• March 4, 2015 at 21:29

If he gets pelters on Saturday, Holloway might walk. I do hope this is the dreaded 'vote of confidence' but the only way we will get a new Manager is if he resigns and takes a lesser package, although we don't know the terms of his contract. We are down with Holloway, even though most of us still hope for the best, so a short term Caretaker can do no worse, and maybe even instil some confidence in the players. That won't be Harris by the way, tried that once before and was a disaster.

• March 4, 2015 at 22:00

@beedoscores: I'm not saying is Harris is the long-term solution, but was his short stint such a disaster? He got a point and kept a clean sheet at Rotherham to stop the rot. We played okay but were no match against Leicester, who were by far the best team in the division. Yes, the Southend match was a disaster, but not that much worse than Bradford this year. Overall that was just three games in two weeks and no worse than anything we've seen under this so called veteran manager.

• March 4, 2015 at 21:48

Wigan beat Norwich with one shot on target

watch our effort on Saturday - if we don't beat them, we are down

• March 4, 2015 at 21:56

Now second from bottom, and still J.B. backs Holloway. What the f*ck is going on?

• March 4, 2015 at 21:57

I see Jbs turned into a jock strap hes fully supportive of Ollie

• March 4, 2015 at 22:42

What happens if it kicks off this saturday?, there could be some ugly scenes, i hope holloway keeps it simple , and if we go 1-0 down, dont panic FFS, and i hope gregory, if selected, gets a deflection hit him on the a*** and loops over their goalkeeper!!! i really dont think we have bad players, played in a formation they know and with a bit of confidence and with us behind them!!!!!!..... sorry all, i think i am deluding myself, i can only hope!!!

• March 4, 2015 at 22:55

If we don't see results I think millwall ..Blackpool, and a surprise Rotherham for me ,with Wigan doing the great escape.

• March 4, 2015 at 23:00

berylson has kept the club afloat to the tune of 40m the fact that he does not understand the game is not his fault he employs people to do that
    IH had one issue to Address in 14 months find a goal scorer but he brought in half a dozen mid fielders instead every, a simple check if the stats would have told him all he needs to know any all the strikers he has signed apart from Gregory but he can from such a low level his stats are irrelevant, if the stats tell u a guy scores ten goals a season for ghe last five years guess what

• March 4, 2015 at 23:19

If Ollie is Willy Wonka, does that make us the oompaloompa's?

• March 4, 2015 at 23:25

Sorry JB, it ain't your club it's ours. Your backing of that clown has made me lose what respect I had for you. You might have the dollars but our families have been supporting our club since 1885. The fans' views will always matter and should be respected BEFORE any football related matter regarding Millwall is decided let alone implemented. I hope you've got the balls to explain your decision in an open letter to the fans. And for Christ sake don't let Coco write the script!

• March 5, 2015 at 03:28

He as to go for the life of me why can't he see the root of is problem dunne

• March 5, 2015 at 06:45

It's a sad state of affairs down at the Den. I have been resigned to the possibility of relegation since November last year and have been one if the more vocal about getting rid of IH before he does any more damage. It seems now that people are happy for us to get relgated and start a fresh. It doesn't tend to happen like that and takes a couple of years tothe hohouse back in order. We have no devine right to play at this level but going down should not be celebrated or seen as acceptable. The blame for this has to land at the feet of JB AA and IH.

We need to look at the reality of going down as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Going down will ship around 2000 from the average home gate which will be detrimental to our finances. Last season 20th position in the Prem got 90 million in prize money according to the press. Then parachute payments. The gap will get bigger and bigger and we will find it harder to ever regain a 2nd tier status.

At the first match of last season I spoke to some Yeovil fans on the train at London Bridge. They said they would get spanked week in week out but would be happy just to be there and make up the numbers and visit big grounds like City Ground Elland Road etc.

If we go down which we will as there is a blind faith in IH, this is going to be the attitude we'll be adopting in a few years time when we get promoted again.

It shouldn't take relegation to have a clear out and a fresh start. Most people have seen the problems all season. Remember the 5 things we learned articles. They stopped after amonth or so as Aldo was getting RSI (repetitive strain injury) from typing the same thing each week.we need a striker we need two up front etx.

The players have to take some responsibility however you can't buy over the hill players and expext them to suddenly understand loony tactics and turn into Messi.

This season has been an embarrassment especially at home and we're a laughing stock. The only fans pleased about this article are Wigan fans.

So angry!

• March 5, 2015 at 07:47

So it's come down to who's got ot the most bottle, the chairman or the fans. I respect JB and thank him for his investment in keeping our club afloat but it seems now to be who blinks first. Im sure that his continued backing of IH will lead to a temporary boycott by quite a few fan's and that will send a strong message to JB. He's said in the past that he's a tough ex marine and he's not a quitter.Well Mr Berylson this is one fight that I'm predicting that you will loose. The fans may leave,albeit temporary, but most will be back, it's in our blood. Just have to hope that in this game of dare too much damage ain't done to our much loved club by outsiders.

• March 5, 2015 at 09:08

So a change of Manager wouldn't help results according to the chairman ? well, it seems to have helped Charlton, Forest, Leeds, and Bolton get some fresh impetus and confidence from somewhere. something which is clearly lacking at the Den. Like many Millwall fans, I'm not expecting major miracles to happen, but at least some signs of fight and commitment from the team, not to fall to pieces because they concede a goal.

• March 5, 2015 at 14:48

This yank ain't got clue about football all he is interested in is money. Well he won't be getting mine any .Charlton here I come.@Lions@Heart:

• March 5, 2015 at 09:17

I think the honesty of it is, we are all looking for some kind of reason as to why we are going down. We have been s*** for the last 3 years and i don't think its anyone's real fault to be fair. Agreed that Holloway hasn't done much to help himself recently with all the excuses and b******* but its not really his fault. We have more chance of attracting decent quality players competing in league one than struggling in the Championship. Maybe it is time to rebuild and go again. It happens to everyone so there's no shame in it But not buying season tickets and not going any more only enhances are chances of not bouncing back! Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture. It could be a blessing in disguise !!

• March 5, 2015 at 11:58

@Pattyberry: for me it's that my hard earned money is being squandered on paying someone who's not up to the job.

You don't throw good money after bad. Well you shouldn't, it's like constantly paying to get an old motor fixed because it's constantly breaking down. If you've got any sense you just get a new car.

• March 5, 2015 at 13:48

@MFC Lion: I understand, but we have never been a good club. we have never really achieved anything to be fair. This year it has been dross i agree but things will never get better if people pull the plug on paying into the club. For me its a way of life, I work weekends and have to skive off work to go millwall on saturdays, But good or bad i will still buy my season ticket.

P.s I dont like cars

• March 5, 2015 at 13:58

@Pattyberry: disagree with that, we have been a good club. Not that often but definitely had good teams over the years that could challenge in the league.

I will no doubt end up getting a season ticket as I think we will at least get better results if we go down. So prospect of enjoying a home game for a change!

Just feel like a mug handing the cash over knowing what/who it goes towards paying.

• March 5, 2015 at 11:03

• March 5, 2015 at 11:04

If the issue about getting rid of Holloway is about the amount we have to pay. Why don't we ask the League Management Association to help to broker a deal which is suitable for both parties. Just a thought.

• March 5, 2015 at 11:16

I said at the beginning of the season that Ollie could not build a team and it has all come true that why we are in this s***, he is clueless like the broad has been for years

• March 5, 2015 at 13:48

That's clearly a "money decision". Any other team would have sacked their manager in such a situation. Don't know how much Ollie is on but it must be so much that they rather go down than paying him off...

• March 5, 2015 at 13:57

It's rather a telling tale that the lads we have out on loan are having more success than the established players at their parent club. How much worse could the addition of 3 or 4 youngsters/fringe players be, if added to the team now?

• March 5, 2015 at 15:14

I personally think the 'rebuilding process' never happened in January. How could it? Yes we have lots of sh*te coming to the end of contracts, and yes we shipped some out - but not all, and what we got in was on loan for the most part.
    I think i'll ignore all the spiel and wait until the summer when we are most likely in League 1, the rest of the sh*t is gone, and see who get in and if we are going to shape the team around the promising youngsters we have. If we don't look in good shape at the end of September, I think that's the time to bite the bullet and pay Holloway off.

• March 5, 2015 at 16:03

The yank knows f**k all about football he,s only in it for the money.He won't be getting mine next season I,m off to Charlton.Take a tip save your money.

• March 5, 2015 at 16:34

@baz2262: your of to charlton.you must be the saddest p**** that''s ever called himself a millwall fan.w****** like you we are not proper millwall ..so we're well rid of yer.

• March 5, 2015 at 20:49

@baz2262: you are mad if you think any football club owner makes money out of a club it's just a status

• March 5, 2015 at 17:30

Off to Charlton??? Your joking right???

• March 5, 2015 at 19:59

JB is a good man. I don't share the cynical view of some. I believe he cares a great deal about Millwall and without him we'd be in a very dangerous position. He keeps us afloat with his own money. Let's face it, we can't even attract a decent shirt sponsor; and the plan to rename the Den seems to have died a death, I assume due to lack of interest; The Lion's Cafe Stadium, naaah.
    I have to disagree with him on this point. I can't see us getting another win under the clown. The way things are at present, I'd rather hope for a new manager 'bounce' to get us back in the race. Looks like we are stuck with the muppet. I'll still be there Saturday, as I will next season, but to say I want Holloway out is a massive understatement.