Holloway: Millwall did everything but score against Fulham

© Keith Gillard
© Keith Gillard

IAN Holloway says Millwall "need someone to pick up the goalscoring-mantle" after Saturday's frustrating 0-0 draw with Fulham at The Den.

Holloway felt his side did everything but score on an afternoon of few clear-cut chances at The Den, where the Lions have not won since October.

The visitors almost stole the points late on but Hugo Rodallega's close-range finish was ruled out for offside, much to Millwall's relief.

"I thought we deserved to win personally," said Holloway. "Maybe I'm biased but that's as good as we've been at home apart from scoring a goal.

"That's what we've got to look at and work on.

"We need someone to pick up the goalscoring-mantle and to keep defending like that.

"I asked the team to take the game to Fulham and be on the front foot, and I thought we were at the start of both halves.

"Fulham were looking dangerous on the counter attack just before half time whereas I didn't think they did in the second half.

"Luckily the linesman did his job and got the big decision absolutely spot-on because Rodallega was offside.

"There were lots and lots of times when we were two or three inches away from a cross hitting someone on the head and the ball going in.

"In the first half, Jimmy Abdou's got to the byline and pulled it back for Gregory's volley and that's what we talked about beforehand – getting crosses in.

"Frustratingly sometimes we're not putting it in there – we could have got a lot more balls in – but that was a marked improvement and again we kept a clean sheet.

"All we needed was a goal. The fans were hoping and waiting for it and the place was ready to feel like The Den again.

"We've taken four points out of six off of Fulham this season and we need to do that to a few more teams between now and the end of the season.

"If we can, we'll be safe comfortably. The team is building some confidence and the lads feel pretty good about themselves in the dressing room – rightly so."

Millwall are waiting to hear whether winger Lee Martin has suffered a stress fracture in his foot after he missed the stalemate with Fulham.

91 thoughts on “Holloway: Millwall did everything but score against Fulham

• February 21, 2015 at 18:18

Yep, that happens every game Holloway.
    Or ain't you noticed?

• February 21, 2015 at 18:21

nothing to worry about then!! PLEASE!

• February 21, 2015 at 18:21

Lost momentum when woolford went off. Not as many crosses. Some seriously tired legs after 60mins. No final 3rd ability. Same old story. However was some cracking football at times.
    Let's keep this spirit up and I'm confident we will escape the bottom 3 comfortably.

Now I can put my lambretta away, take my parka off and have a few golden throat charmers with a ray of hope in front of me.

• February 21, 2015 at 20:09

@lionindirtyyorkyland: I want a pint of what you are on mate. Fulham were s*** but at no point today did I see a goal in us. Fabrinni was excellent, the defence held there own, Williams was absent as was Gregory. Taylor fat boy fletcher was a total joke. We are going down and thanks for taking us there ollie

• February 21, 2015 at 23:51

@Geoff the lion: Fabrinni was creative but I would not say excellent. There were a number of occasions when he had the opportunity to break through but the cutting edge was just missing and he lost his way. Not sure if it's the confidence or just him and the reason why he wasn't good enough to keep a place In the Watford side. Having said that there was an excellent bit of skill in the first half to set Gregory free on goal but the touch was wrong and instead of staying central and putting a shot on goal greg's went wide to the right and lost the opportunity. There were a number of crosses today that we failed to get any real connection on with weak headers or no one pressing like they didn't believe the ball would get played into the box. What worried me most was Fulham's front line did little but we gave them countless opportunities and they came close several times out of no where. Same old at the minute, a better team would have beaten us for sure today. I don't think we will go down but there's a lot of work to do before were anything other than a weak championship side. Next game is a vital opportunity to move forward hope we can take it. ⚽️

• February 22, 2015 at 08:51

@Geoff the lion: Geoff vgood summing up of the game, I just will add one thing and that I thought tha Alan Dunne was MOTM for us and that's a lot coming from me as far as dunny is concerend, do that more often because today you showed that you could ply well for 90 mins well done.

• February 22, 2015 at 14:25

@Barnlion: I agree barnlion, like you I hate to admit it but dunne was solid. My MOTM is Fabrinni, pretty much all the creativity in the game came through him, and although many on here state he has no end product, it was a result of our front men not being in the right place. Without him yesterday we would've looked even worse. Taylor fletcher was shocking. Clearly over weight yet maggie can't get in the squad! I think ollie has gone into desperation mode and will constantly mess with formations with his fingers crossed we nick a cheaky win. I had such high hopes when he joined and I'm gutted to say he is ruining our club. We are getting deeper in debt which will hurt us when FFP kicks in. Generally I think we have a squad good enough to sit mid table playing a simple 4-4-2, but under ollie the best we can hope for is a draw. I don't normally believe in sacking managers mid season but he needs to go now while we have a glimmer of a chance of staying up

• February 22, 2015 at 16:34

@Geoff the lion:
            And Jimmy gave his all playing out of position.

• February 21, 2015 at 18:22

You score goals by having a decent striker! You f****** idiot Holloway.

• February 21, 2015 at 18:25

The story of our last two and a half seasons, the board has led us in to this s***!

• February 21, 2015 at 18:28

read Ian 'Getaways' report of the game and Aldos report ....it sounds like two totally different games... if he was a horse he would be considered injured so bad he would be shot. He is delusional and is just insulting us all......aint there some sort of law that allows us to sack him without the big payoff for pretending to be a manager...the worst I have seen since Peter Anderson. However if his supporters on here are anything to go by he is managing to fool enough people some of the time

• February 21, 2015 at 18:29

Yet another game gone by the way, no goals = no win. At least Fulham failed to score, One point is not enough things will not change unless we pop a few in the net, everything going forward stops just midway into the opponents half absolutely no Idea, bereft any scoring ability summed up by Fullers howler shot out of the ground shot.
    My thoughts are now the worst I've seen in 60 years of support.
    What do Goals make --- Millwall supporters Happy ---- I am not a happy chap now

• February 21, 2015 at 18:30

He now petitions to the players to start scoring a goal ....you could not make it up

I also thought the expression pick up the mantle usually suggests that you are taking over the role from someone else.....he has managed to out manouvere himself on that one then

• February 21, 2015 at 18:33

Please stop slating Ollie - he is doing his best and he cares. 2 players he has brought in are injured and he inherited a dog's body of crap. They never lost and have not been shipping in goals.
    LUMP ON WALL TO BEAT WED ON TUESDAY AN ABSOLUTE CERT HOME WIN MARK MY WORDS.
    For info I saw six ex Wall players scoring today - one of those things - big cock up on Marquis though should have kept him. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS. ENCOURAGE OLLIE NOT CHASTISE HIM!!!!
    PS Rotherham and Wigan's goal differences getting worse - yes!!!!!

• February 21, 2015 at 18:50

@Mekongriver: Have you noticed we are not going onwards or upwards but lets keep encouraging IH . Do me a favour. I swear to god some people who post on here hate Millwall,why else would you have faith in such an inept manager but hey in IH we trust and all that.

• February 21, 2015 at 19:08

@Mekongriver:

Slate him mate you haven't a clue

Perhaps it's time for a emergency forum with ambler and silly b*******

This just isn't working

Whatever it's costs to get rid do it the long term cost is much much higher

• February 21, 2015 at 19:14

@Mekongriver: cant help but think that you have your tongue stuck to the window when you are on the big yellow bus

• February 21, 2015 at 19:23

@Mekongriver:

Ok, so you are optimistic.
      But I am afraid under Holloway, it's backwards and downwards.

• February 22, 2015 at 09:47

@Mekongriver:

You must be Ollie'S love child, what matches you being watching this season, not those at the den this season that's for sure. 32 matches, seven wins and four of those were away. Why the hell are you playing with one striker at home, Ollie - Chelsea we are not more Cheltenham Town.

• February 21, 2015 at 18:36

Score? My youngest son gets the p*** taken by his mates every week along the lines of "haha, who did "Millwall Nil" lose to on Saturday. I'm pleased to report however that he goes in prepared and he sticks up for his beloved team with action as well as words to deter them and relieve the monotony. We do everything but score every f****** week as we all know.

However, rallying cry to all you special, special fans of the best, most special football club in the world. Sorting tickets for Rotherham and I'm gonna drag a few stay aways with me. Come on! Let's pack our allocation out next week and give it to the northerners. I believe that the only team we are likely gonna catch is this mob so we absolutely have to win it. We've done it before, given our team such a massive backing (forget Bradford which was f****** horrible for all if us despite the backing we tried to give!) that we literally were the difference between winning and not winning for our football club. We are not down yet, f*** IH, f*** all the problems we've got, let's get amongst it next week and give em some shock and awe (in a well behaved but passionate supporting way). This is the one we have to win! Come on you Lions!!!!

• February 21, 2015 at 18:47

@T20ColdBlowLion:
      a win against Wednesday would do wonders for the rotherham numbers

lets not over estimate Wednesday - if we show up with the right attitude , we can beat them - not saying we will but ...................

hof back up top , I would guess but who knows

• February 21, 2015 at 22:16

@timchimes: also their keeper westwood is res carded so he wont be able to play

• February 22, 2015 at 00:27

@kyran_nicholl07: my brothers next door neighbours, hairdressers boyfriends cousin knows the Sheffiels Wednesday kit man ......apparently they are considering not playing a keeper at all, and putting an extra man up front

• February 22, 2015 at 18:01

@timchimes: I don't think over estimating Wednesday is our concern but I think under estimating would be. They have only lost 5 away and they scored 2 at Derby. Having said that this is Millwall so I suppose anything could happen

• February 21, 2015 at 18:57

@T20ColdBlowLion: Great post mate, my lad gets abit of stick aswell at school, but being 100% millwall he soon shuts them up with a bit of banter, we got tickets for rotherham game today so looking forward to spending next week with millwalls noisy,loud,and,proud,supporters.

• February 21, 2015 at 21:21

@T20ColdBlowLion: Tell your son I fell his pain but it's totally worth it, me and my 3 bros were the only Millwall in our school which was hard at the time but looking back I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Better then supporting a team that best you can finish is 4th or aim for the top half. f*** that I'd rather support a team where it's never dull and every season is different. The older I've got the more proud I am we all resisted temptation to support a Prem team and stuck to our routes, loads of our mates come to games with us now and on my stag do last May 16 of them turned up to Stansted airport in Millwall shirts. It was an amazing sight and would never happen to any other fan. Total respect. Best Wishes to your Son. mmmiiiiaaaaa

• February 21, 2015 at 21:41

@Crittalllion: thanks mate, enjoyed your post and appreciate the kind words. Totally agree, - Millwall is very special

• February 22, 2015 at 10:12

@T20ColdBlowLion: Coldblow take your sons best mate to Millwall and convert him. At least next time he won't be on his own the next
      time they take the p...
      I went to crown woods were no one took the p... out of Millwall

• February 21, 2015 at 18:40

Let's hope the Leicester pensioner starts finding the net then.

Our need for a quality striker is nothing new, it's been apparent as soon as Wood left.

At least we seem to be keeping clean sheets on a regular basis, that's something to build on. Maybe half a dozen 1-0s to keep us up?

• February 21, 2015 at 18:43

@MFC Lion:

this is the sad thing, 5 one nils would keep us up - but we wont get them

• February 21, 2015 at 21:42

I was the only one in my school 35 years ago, only one in my sons football team, but you can change peoples minds, stay positive, he's the best we can do. This is MILLWALL, we couldn't attract top players when we were in Europe. Get behind this team we are the 12th and 13TH man

• February 21, 2015 at 18:41

could we get man city's 10th striker on loan

• February 21, 2015 at 19:17

@timchimes: We could but he would get injured in training before his debut then played at right back until IH realises that its a striker we need.

• February 21, 2015 at 18:46

Serious lack of fitness,lat 30 mins,no energy no leaders geeing the team up,and if gueye needs to lose weight what about taylor- fletcher or have I just got s*** in my eye.

• February 21, 2015 at 18:51

@eddielarge:

you have to say IH makes it hard for himself

he is so contradictory and random

last week Martinez is good enough to start now he is not in the squad - the thing is we could have told him don't start him last week - watch Obrien go missing now or some other crazy decision - ultimately he doesn't know his best team because we do not have enough outstanding players and he is clutching at straws with selections

• February 21, 2015 at 18:49

Funny how quick Holloway gets his opinion out there after a win or a draw,not so quick when we get beat,needs time to think up his usual boll**** in that case.

• February 21, 2015 at 19:11

Think its time to give Williams a rest might be one of our better players but think he's becoming a bit of a liability in the middle far to casual and wants to much time on the ball again and not creating anything .think tonge and upson might be a better suited as tonge had quite a good game today and will be able to boss the middle.

• February 21, 2015 at 19:21

@davep263:

you could be right - but he had a 4 game rest recently - I think the problem is more to do with not having a clear role and the team set up - he dwells on the ball as there is often no proper ball on and he then tries a pass which is too ambitious - you can say that for all the midfield - fabbrini makes space so well but then the runs don't happen and he holds it too long too - we have no pace threat so defences can play us that way - they know we cant hurt them with a quick ball

• February 21, 2015 at 19:20

I hate to state the obvious, as I know there a lot of Gregory fans on this forum, bit the best two chances fell to him again and he fluffed them both. He can't score a goal in this league. If hollow thinks he is better than Marquis, he is madder than I thought he was (which is saying something)

• February 21, 2015 at 19:30

@Glasshalffull: Gregs certainly had the chance of the match with the cross and missed header in the second half. The biggest problem he has is the lack of supply and support. Too early to write him off imo. He's scored some good goals for us and scoring 30 in a season at conference level shows he knows where the goal is. Biggest problem for me is that he ends up dropping back or wide and has to go and get the ball due to the lack of anything coming forward. I hope he does well for us but we need someone decent alongside him each game.

• February 22, 2015 at 18:35

@Glasshalffull: @Glasshalffull: I 'm not a fan of Marquis at all, but have to agree with you that Gregory just isn't good enough . People have said in the past that if he got the service he would score, well he has been in plenty of scoring positions recently and we all know what the has been.

• February 21, 2015 at 19:25

H is a mug. One or two still think he's the special or chosen one to take us into new realms of wonderment but let's face it, I've been saying it since November, he will only take us down. No other club in England would keep a manager on with such a terrible record. He is absolutely clueless. He continues to spout about the need for goals yet has failed to secure anyone decent in the numerous transfer windows he's had open to him and he continues to play one up front. Jog on now and we might just hold on, keep him there and we are down already.

• February 23, 2015 at 17:58

@southlondon1885: Well said you are absolutely spot on.Another manager has just gone at Coventry but sadly for him he received very little help financially and are second from bottom.There have been more managers lost this season who's clubs have been in safer positions in their leagues.Just cannot understand why on earth I.H. is still our manager,he has had good backing from the board but unfortuanately they have not had the balls to admit they have got it wrong and sack him.

• February 21, 2015 at 19:36

Out with er indoors tonight, gonna wine her, dine her & show her a good time, probably everything but score, sound familiar?

• February 21, 2015 at 20:27

I'm thousands of miles away and even I see it
    Everyone who goes to every game can see it
    the players can see it
    the opposing teams can see it
    the pundits can see it
    the grounds keeper can see it
    the fat security guards he police the games every week can see it
    the blond chick who serves drinks in hospitality suit can see it
    the guy at the drycleaners who cleans the kits every week can see it
    my 3 year old son can see it
    my 6 month old son can see it
    F**K even the guy who just happens to be standing up on the train platform looking in at 3.15pm while waiting for his train can see it.......

WHY THE F**K can the man who stands 2 metres from the side line not see it.....................?????

WE NEED TO START 2 UP FRONT......

Goals will not be scored playing 1 striker, maybe he cant see as his head is to far up his own a*** but swallow some pride old man....admit you have been wrong for a year and maybe JUST maybe we will have a chance at staying up.

• February 21, 2015 at 20:43

@Kiwimillwall:

what you don't see from the other side of the world is that when we go 2 up front , we lose out in midfield and ship goals - IH cant get the balance right - none of our players are good enough to play as lone strikers and our midfield is not strong enough to compete as a 4 man

• February 21, 2015 at 21:08

@timchimes: @timchimes: spot on. We haven't got a good enough pair to play CM and compete in games. Maybe the two today but then you drop Fabs for a striker or play him out wide? If we play him out wide the full back behind him will get mugged off all game. About time Fabs scored a goal. He has got the right shape and nearly the right players, could have easily won 1 or 2 nil today and then you'd all be sucking him off like you were after Forest away. See you Tuesday come rain or shine...

• February 21, 2015 at 20:28

We started the season with a 36yr old has been and a non league rookie as our 1st choice strike force,we have now recruited another has been and the hoff!Amazingly the genius Holloway is scratching his head and wondering why we don't score goals.Why do people believe this man has a 'vision' for the long term? His philosophies and strategies seem erratic at best.Surely if you are going to build something it must be based on some clear and steadfast principles,what are they?

• February 21, 2015 at 21:47

we haven't scored goals since we played 3 up front, Goodman, Moralee and allen!!!!!!!!!

• February 21, 2015 at 20:53

"That's what we've got to look at and work on.''

...please!

• February 21, 2015 at 20:56

@NO1LIKESUS: "That's the most crosses we've got into the box for a long, long time but unfortunately we've had 16 efforts on goal and only four on target.

"That's what we've got to look at and work on.''

...please!

• February 22, 2015 at 00:06

@NO1LIKESUS: don't know where he gets 4 on target from. I only remember 2 and one was a virtual backpass from fab.

• February 21, 2015 at 20:57

What the f*** have you and the squad been doing since the summer???

• February 21, 2015 at 21:03

Today was so comical that me and the people around me were laughing, it really was a circus. Fulham were awful and there for the taking but once again Holloway lunacy surfaces.

First half fabrini ran the show playing through the middle, so of course in the 2nd half coco plays him out on the right, he then brings on a night club doorman who is supposed to be a forward and plays him left midfield. I had a joke with a Fulham fan on the way home referring to the 2nd half substitution, I said you were bringing on a striker who played in the world cup and we were bringing on a striker who had come out of the pub.

Next Saturday will be huge at Rotherham, got my tickets sorted out.

• February 21, 2015 at 23:25

@golden lion:
      You have hit the nail on the head. Today we struggled against a poor side. Fulham will stay up.......just.
      IH is the Boris Johnson of football. When he says something sensible everyone stands up and claps, when he talks a load of ollocks everyone says well that's Boris/Ollie for you. Personally I am sick of it and all the chopping and changing with the team selection. A mayor flaw in his judgement was the re-signing of The Hoff. Jesus Christ we all saw what a dog s*it player he was last season so lets give him another go now! Even Boris thinks The Hoff is pony!!!
      Yes Rotherham is huge now 0-5 today for them, we need a win to suck them into the dog fight. I'm not going so I take my hat off to you. I bet you didn't have much trouble getting one of the 1,600 tickets available.............

• February 21, 2015 at 21:43

Just get rid of CoCo bloody clueless. Go for Warburton. He's built a good young side at Brentford mainly from kids but doesn't make the right sound bites apparently so will be sacked whether he takes them to the Prem or not. Never know, he might turn our good kids like Sid and Fred etc into really good players. Rather have him than the p**** that we've got. Perhaps we could swap him for IH. The Brentford chairman would love the idiots one liners.

• February 21, 2015 at 23:07

Holloway is a poor manager end of........... takes off woolford and puts taylor-fletcher in his place, after he originally puts him on for Obrien, does anyone else see the logic?, tells them to pile in the crosses, but leaves fuller, hoff and taylor-fletch on the bench!!! FFS

• February 21, 2015 at 23:26

I@rowanonthewing7: I have to agree, in all my time following Millwall, I have never seen such inept management or so many buying in to his b*******. The time has passed to get him out, I'm hoping for a miracle.

• February 21, 2015 at 23:43

@Adsy77777:
        and i'm sure like you, it gives me no pleasure as i bloody love this club, and have done for 55 years !!!

• February 22, 2015 at 03:38

Unlike you guys I wasn't born into millwall and live that far away that it's dark when you have light but millwall, the den, the whole joint gets into ya blood , it's like an addiction. I get every bit of millwall I can get and even on the days we lose I still love it. It's frustrating , the way we lose, the sometimes s*** decisions that go against us drive my to wanting to rip a head off but I can't get enough and respect the fact that we get up after every knockdown. It's a mighty club battling on every front but millwall fans in full voice match it with anyone on the planet. Into battle . Arms locked ! The millwall army.

• February 22, 2015 at 08:49

Gregory wouldn't get in a decent sunday side
    I am told that is the first clean sheet that Fulham have kept for 33 games..........................
    If true it speaks volumes

• February 22, 2015 at 10:00

@crow191049: Not true as they have kept some clean sheets this season.
      But agree that Fulham were poor and there for the taking.
      I was all for IH when he joined us,but after so much s**t he talks I have lost complete faith in him keeping us up.
      Fabbrini was again our best player by a country mile,I agree that Gregory is not the forward we all hoped he would be.
      What can you say about Fuller,Hoff and GTF (what we saw yesterday).
      Fuller`s so called shot that went over our stand - just about sums our strike force up.
      Said that the 3 games yesterday,Sheff Wed and Rotherham would define our season.
      Do not hold out much hope of a wiin in any of these games (hope I am wrong).
      Looking at our March fixtures does not breed much confidence of escaping again.

• February 22, 2015 at 09:25

Forget Warburton, he will be going to Glasgow Rangers, Holloway will stay as he is too pricy to remove,.what Millwall's best friend JB needs to do is seek investment partners.

It's not about FFP, we can attract better players if we offer longer contracts, also we won't get any more loans from the Prem. If we don't give game time to those that come like the Spurs goalie.

I thought Tonge was very good yesterday and the defence as well, it's the same old story with every struggling club. Goal threat.

• February 22, 2015 at 09:53

@wongo: Tonge was crap yesterday - terrible crosses and looked like a lost child any time he got the ball. Don't know why we waste money on players who are not good enough. Better giving young talent the chace or put Jimmy in front of defence to grind out a shift. Tonge is not the answer to any question we are faced with.

• February 22, 2015 at 09:39

Just two points that i imagine nobody is interested in but here goes, comments such as "sign a forward you idiot" are superfluous. The unfortunate fact is that goalscorers are the games most expensive commodity and we dont have the resources to sign one, hence the plethora of ageing or unproven personnel we are having to suffer. Everything the manager has tried up front has failed but its the silk purse / sows ear situation and he's only partly to blame in my opinion. On the same subject i reckon we need around 25 goals to get the results to survive,that seems a million miles away , time to grin and bear it and suffer for our club i think.

• February 22, 2015 at 10:21

@thecolumbusblock: You are exactly right. A lot of people seem to think this is a management computer simulation game where we pick up loads of money and then swipe for a 4 million striker.

The fact is since the Reading game when loads here were saying "IH, this is your team now no excuses!" we have kept FOUR clean sheets in 6 matches and messed up badly in one. It means IH has done about all he can without a few million quid to spare.

I personally think we are down now. However, optimistcically, 46 points is usually enough when means we only need a short spurt of form. And if we do go down, we seem to have strikers out on loan who know how to score in the lower leagues.

I just hope we don't go through a rubbish period averaging 2 managers a season....

• February 22, 2015 at 15:17

@thecolumbusblock: I agree with you.

Add to the lack of resources, our reputation, and you will see how very difficult it must be to attract top quality players.

However, we have young strikers of our own who are keen, so rather than pay the over aged journeymen, wouldn't we benefit more pushing our own youngsters?

That is of course, if the boo boys could keep off their backs every time they make a mistake.

• February 22, 2015 at 10:23

ive got to say , i think blame has to go with ollie , and his poxy system , all this talk of strikers , we could have the best striker in the div and this system he plays will make him s***, u ask how come gregs has gone from 30 goals ok diff div , but same as gray at bees, how come fred , marqaus , is scoring now , i could not understand bringing fletch on yesterday a striker and putting him in midfield shocking , how many strikers last season was made to look s*** by ollie , why does the board keep backing his crazy football , its been a month since he got his so called own team in , and no s*** he has started chopping and changing them already .PLEASE GIVE ME MY MILLWALL BACK

• February 22, 2015 at 11:05

@munson68: Couldn't agree more, this manager has been acting like a headless chicken since he started at the club. Managers at other clubs have been sacked for less. The rot will get worse the longer he is in charge, and the longer and more costly it will take to get the club back on its feet. The chairman and the board must take a lot of the responsibility, they have not got the balls to do anything about it.

• February 22, 2015 at 12:09

@Peckhamlad: 28 wins from his last 104 as a Manager, including a promotion season, but some still believe he is the answer.

• February 22, 2015 at 10:36

Well I'm for one are not totally dejected by yesterday's game. Thought there was a lot more positive movement going forward, but finishing was of the normal quality.
    I will concede that if we fail to get points against Wednesday and more importantly Rotherham, I think the inevitable will happen.
    Find it hilarious people on here defending the club on the striker situation. The number one thing at the end of last season should have been to got someone ready for this season who could score goals in this league. This didn't happen and hasn't happen since in all the subsequent tranfer windows.
    Yes I get the money tight argument, but by buying s*** and then replacing the lineup every five minutes you can actually pay out more.
    The money invested was top div 1 pay, which is probably the correct thing to do. Managed badly and we are now seeing the consequences.
    Anyway for me Rotherham away big game, big mob for a northern game, will be either the turnaround or the start of the relegation party.

• February 22, 2015 at 11:42

IAN Holloway says Millwall "need someone to pick up the goal-scoring mantle". So well done Ian, on the signing of Gary Taylor-Fletcher - averages about one goal in five throughout his career. So three goals max. by end of season, just what we needed. I hear that Brett Ormerod is looking for a move back to the football league, surely you can help another old mate out?

• February 22, 2015 at 15:11

Shame you don't F.....g read this site you twatt been telling you for monthssssssssss
    You choose to sign umpteen midfielders and past it hasbins strikers Fuller total s*** your an embarestment of a manger P..s OFF

• February 22, 2015 at 16:24

I have to now admit that if we draw or lose Tuesday we are down. The confidence will completely go and we are left with a manager who talks utter cr*p and has no idea. Yes the defence is a lot better but what have we really got up front - old has-beens, thanks Ollie.

• February 22, 2015 at 17:42

I know I'm going to get slated for this from all the pratts that still belive in IH
    BUT. JB hear to see the next game as well and just maybe if enough people boycott the game hel get the message from the empty ground that we dont want Holloway anymore and show him the door and let's try and save our selfs with the games Wev got left and someone else at the helm
    You know what do
    Like to boycott or the other
    Something got to be done and this is as dramatic as we can do,