Millwall midfielder Chaplow makes Ipswich loan move

RICHARD Chaplow has moved to Ipswich Town on loan.

Chaplow, who NewsAtDen revealed was training with the Tractor Boys, has penned a one-month deal at Portman Road with a view to extending that until the end of the season.

The 30-year-old is out-of-contract at Millwall in the summer and has been told he does not have a future at the club under Ian Holloway.

"My loan move to Ipswich pretty much brings my time to an end at Millwall," Chaplow wrote on Twitter.

"Things never really got going, if that be last year through injury or this year year by lack of opportunities.

"I'd like to go on record to thank everyone that welcomed me from the start and I have faith that results can be achieved and survival reached.

"But I have a new challenge and I can't wait."

Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy told TWTD: "I'm delighted with that one. He's played a number of positions, either wide positions or centrally in midfield.

"He's showed what a capable, comfortable player he is at this level training with us, he's just come in and fitted in. Like Luke Varney, he'll cover the play-offs."

13 thoughts on “Millwall midfielder Chaplow makes Ipswich loan move

• February 20, 2015 at 16:17

Makes no sense. How does he not get in our team, yet goes to Ipswich who are 4th. Even though he will probably be a bench warmer. Chaplow must be having a right laugh.

• February 20, 2015 at 16:23

@wolla5: I think Olly's the one having a laugh - at our expense.

• February 20, 2015 at 16:30

@wolla5:

Ipswich have also signed Varney. Which if he signed for Millwall, would have led to people slaughtering IH.

There is no way he can win...!

If IH is changing the club behind the scenes, putting a strategy in place for youth development, improving the training facilities and looking to improve the support team at our football club, then I'm happy to support. Success will not come overnight. But if you lay the foundations correctly, it will come. Unfortunately, football is a very short sighted place where instant results are called for, especially by know-it-all fans, which is what we all happen to be. I am more of a fan of the long term myself, although I want to stay in the Championship. Regardless of how we do it, if we stay up it will have been a good year.

COYL

• February 20, 2015 at 16:39

@Pittsey: Totally agree, when varney was touted everyone went mental begging not to do it but just because a team towards the top of the league have signed him, others are now saying we may have missed something. And people have slagged chaplow off for months and now he has gone to a club up the league people are blaming IH.

So many of our fans are fickle and will moan at just about everything!!! Get behind the team and lets do this together!

• February 20, 2015 at 16:59

@Pittsey: The difference is that Ipswich have Murphy, top scorer in the division, and McGoldrick amongst others. I'm sure Varney has not been signed as anything other than backup, not the main man. If we had two decent strikers here already the signing of Varney would not have met with such opposition.

• February 20, 2015 at 19:26

@Adsy77777:

I'm not going to disagree. But Mourinho would struggle to get a 20 goal a season striker to an unfashionable club with a limited wage budget. We should try and be realistic. The only way a club like Millwall can survive and prosper is to invest in youth and the unfinished article.

• February 20, 2015 at 22:14

I hope I'm always a realist; I know we have a limited budget. We have the second highest paid manager in the division; we should not be where we are; but more importantly; le's be honest about where we're at and who's to blame

• February 20, 2015 at 17:52

@Pittsey: I agree with you on one thing. 'IH' is definitely 'changing the club'.

• February 20, 2015 at 16:23

Chaplow was a trophy signing when we got him, but injuries then loss of form meant it turned into a s**** signing!
    Still another high earner off the wage bill

• February 21, 2015 at 07:46

@Adsy77777: I'm hugely susceptible that we have the 2nd highest paid manager in the division. Especially when you look at Fulham, Cardiff and Wigan. But happy to admit I'm wrong if you can point me to some credible evidence.

• February 20, 2015 at 18:05

Chaplow was such a disappointment in the end whichever way u look at it..bet he turns it on for ipswich!

• February 20, 2015 at 18:49

Used to be a good player but now He's f****** s***!