Preview: Birmingham City vs. Millwall

DAN Harding is expected to return to Millwall's defence for their midweek clash with Birmingham City at St Andrew's.

The Nottingham Forest loanee is in line for a recall to the side having been an unused substitute against Huddersfield on Saturday.

The Lions are hopeful that Lee Martin will be able to feature after sitting out the 3-1 defeat to the Terriers with bruised ribs and the winger has travelled with the squad.

Holloway has no fresh injury concerns but long-term absentees Carlos Edwards, Paris Cowan-Hall and Nicky Bailey are still sidelined.

Sid Nelson will serve the last of a three-game ban.

Birmingham will be without injured trio Michael Morrison, Gavin Gunning and Matt Green, who are all nursing knee injuries.

32 thoughts on “Preview: Birmingham City vs. Millwall

• February 10, 2015 at 11:30

Not quite sure what to say to be honest.......

COYL!!

• February 10, 2015 at 11:54

Come on wall lets f****** beat the Brummie scum. That was for hoff. Now go & kill someone.

• February 10, 2015 at 16:41

@block 28: Hi Block28,jim28 & others, it's getting chilly up here, in the Crown, having my 3rd Pint, (See you mentioned killing, hope this Booze don't kill me, LOL! ). Already met up with some Brilliant - Super Millwall Fans and they are ready for it! ( NOLU, WDC ).

• February 10, 2015 at 12:09

Jordan Archer surely has to start in goal in place of calamity Forde, have the balls to drop him IH?
    Harding a natural left back to start in place of a centre half( not rocket science).
    Tonge in for Jimmy.

• February 10, 2015 at 12:43

@dpendet: Spot on that!! Was about to post exactly that!! Mon u wall lets get 6 pts away from home then get smashed at home ( joking bout getting smashed at home of course )

• February 10, 2015 at 12:11

We ain't won there since 1966 let's beat em tonight then.

• February 10, 2015 at 12:33

@Jim28: you on the road 2nite Jim? Safe travels to u n all if ya are. Absolute must win this 1, no excuses n no f***** around. The ropes startin to tighten. Cheers mate.

• February 10, 2015 at 12:28

Emergency Windows open Olly Striker needed don't forget please.

• February 10, 2015 at 13:00

I'm feeling quite positive about this game. We're not quite as awful away as we are home and there's less pressure because no-one expects us to beat a rejuvenated Birmingham, who're also one of our bogie-sides. I reckon a 3-1 win and a contract extension for Holloway from Berylson.

• February 10, 2015 at 14:22

@Micky Lions: I'm getting worried about you Micky; they haven't got to you as well!!!! I'm beginning to feel like Charlton Heston in The Omega Man.

• February 10, 2015 at 14:24

I predicted a sneaky 1-0 win to us tonight....but then again I predicted that we would win 3-0 against Huddersfield on Saturday, so what do I know!
    All I do know is this, I love this poxy club with all my heart, body and soul and yet the b****** keeps kicking me in the nuts, so I'll stay a fan and have a vasectomy instead lol.
    Come on 'wall ffs get a win against those boring voiced t****** from a place only really famous for a monumental junction. Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• February 10, 2015 at 17:51

@nocalves: wtf?!? What's to dislike about this comment? Who are these people disliking so many of the non-contentious posts on here? Fine to disagree on opinions but some of these dislikes are b******s.

• February 10, 2015 at 18:52

@82wall: no, I'm not 10. And I don't give a flying f*** who gets the most likes or dislikes - or any. Just p****s me off that on a Wall fans website people are disliking posts which simply show support for the club. No big deal I know - just how i feel. So I said it.

• February 10, 2015 at 14:32

Sorry to be the voice of doom, but I cant see us beating them tonight. They are one of our many bogie teams. I remember one night at the old den when we beat them 6-1, Weller was outstanding. Cant see that being repeated.

• February 10, 2015 at 14:40

@wallchef:
      Ahhhh ,,,Weller, Possee and Bridges, what could we do with those 3 now !!!!

• February 10, 2015 at 17:36

@wallchef: i was at that game too. AHH Weller, most talanted player ever to pull on a wall shirt.

• February 10, 2015 at 14:39

While this clown is in charge the only possible outcome tonight is another defeat. I hate what IH is doing to my club. Lets look at the prospects for this evening:

He will put Forde in goal.

He will play 1 up front.

He will field a weak midfield.

He will make excuses blaming everyone and everything other than himself for another defeat.

He will spout a load of bull which JB and some people on here will lap up convinced he's the man to take us forward.

Not looking forward to the match at all.

• February 10, 2015 at 18:00

why don't you just stop supporting millwall your obviously deluded as to where we should be right now and to be honest I'm fed up with the doom and gloom that gets posted on here the players need support the club needs support to get out of this mess we are a small club to most in this division we been s*** for 3 and half years what's the point in getting in a new manager with new ideas and spend money what if that don't work? Let the man build this club if we go down then so be it aint the first time we been relegated and won't be the last

• February 10, 2015 at 18:47

@thommo87: why do you log on to a forum full of people of one opinion. I'm not deluded. Feel free to look back at any of my previous posts about the size of our club and where we should be. I'm sick of IH sending us to league one with no fight. The only deluded one here is you sir if you still believe IH. If you are fed up with this site then don't visit it.

• February 10, 2015 at 18:00

why don't you just stop supporting millwall your obviously deluded as to where we should be right now and to be honest I'm fed up with the doom and gloom that gets posted on here the players need support the club needs support to get out of this mess we are a small club to most in this division we been crap for 3 and half years what's the point in getting in a new manager with new ideas and spend money what if that don't work? Let the man build this club if we go down then so be it aint the first time we been relegated and won't be the last

• February 10, 2015 at 19:12

@thommo87: I will not stop supporting Millwall or the team. As for letting the man rebuild the club, how long do you think he should be given? Another year? Till the end of the season? Till the end of his contract? Personally I think he's done enough damage. If you're happy for him to continue to build a team on the likes of Fuller, Hof Martin etc then you don't have particularly high expectations. I know we will never compete right at the top. We don't have the money the structure or the fans, unless we go to Wembley and then thousands crawl out of the woodwork. What I do expect is my team to show a bit of pride, a bit of passion and a tiny bit of skill. Umder IH I constantly come away from the Den feeling angry at the lack of passion shown by the hasbeens and useless players IH has signed. I'm sure you believe that when he trumps it smells of roses but I've had enough of listening to his egotistical rhetoric every time we lose. I imagine that after tonight we will hear more of the same. I'd love to be proved wrong but I cannot see any other outcome from tonights match.

• February 10, 2015 at 15:22

According to Ollie they're revitalised, they've got energy, runners in the right places and a big man upfront who can run!
    In stark contrast our confidence is at an all time low, we look knackered in the warm-up, we haven't got any runners in any of the right places and out big man upfront can't jump!!!
    We'll probably win 3-0

• February 10, 2015 at 16:00

Just don't lose that's all need to win away coz we can't at home, it's voodo or a team of dog poo.

• February 10, 2015 at 18:07

Why don't we just sack holloway tell berylson to f##k off and sink back into the spackman and Donachie days? you lot talk rubbish we need to build we are old fashioned we ain't got a structure to compete up the top of the table we are who we are sometimes class prevails over someone who tries he's nuts off and we don't have money for that bit of class enjoy fabrini while we have him

• February 10, 2015 at 18:25

@thommo87: The most sensible post on here for a while !
      1-0 with Hoff scoring with a ricochet of his a**e !

• February 10, 2015 at 19:40

Oh how I want my 'Wall back, my heart is all for victory tonight, but my guts are a'paining me, and I fear the worst, I wished I could be as positive as you lot on here.

• February 10, 2015 at 19:55

Listen I'm realistic we don't spend over half a mil on a player in a league that's got stronger each season and we haven't we got clubs that's just been promoted spending a mil on a player where are we meant to be in the league? We don't attract class players we need to build them and building that is the only way not buying it ain't a quick fix no matter what manager we have even a class one like jackett struggled at this level with our clubs finances no point moaning about it it's reality

• February 10, 2015 at 20:40

@thommo87: Most of us here are realistic mate - we don't expect to be chelsea or man city, what we do expect is to be managed properly. His excuses become more bizarre and ridiculous every week. His ego is unbelievable; still telling us how good he is despite all the evidence to the contrary - and some idiots are still buying it!