Holloway has decided who doesn't have a future at Millwall

IAN Holloway has told a handful of players in his squad that they won’t play for Millwall again.

The Lions boss sat down with his out-of-contract stars on Monday before training to explain who does and doesn't have a future at The Den.

And a small group have been told that they are free to move on – while another couple were encouraged to go out on loan.

Seven players have departed SE16 already this month, with six new recruits brought in to the replace them.

Scott McDonald, Jermaine Easter, Paul Robinson, Josh Wright and Stephen Bywater accepted contract settlements from the club to depart early.

Restructuring the squad is estimated to have cost chairman John Berylson in excess of £500,000 and Holloway will be given financial backing to make further changes.

Holloway has also informed certain players that they could win extensions to their deals if they impress in the final 19 games of the campaign.

"I've still got loads of things to do with a brand new group but I need to do it," Holloway said after Tuesday's 0-0 draw with Reading.

"They will buy into it because they all have something left [to prove] – some of them are still playing for a contract here.

"There are a few who can earn one and I saw that against Reading. I didn't see a nervousness because I've told others 'I'm not going to pick you again'.

"Hopefully the ones I've decided not to give contracts to, for all different reasons, will get sorted in a way that they deserve and we'll be able to move on and build a team.

"Did I want to do it? No. Am I paid to do it? Yes. I've made some decision and now that's that.

"Hopefully you will see the spirit in the squad build over the next few weeks because it's no good for anybody not knowing where their future is.

"There were far too many without a future here who didn't know whether they were staying or going.

"Hopefully we can help them move on and we can move on with a better spirit. I'm paid to stay calm and make some decisions.

"Our fans might look at them and say 'why's he doing that?' but I want to build something here and it's my job to sieve through the squad."

Meanwhile, winger Martyn Woolford is being linked with a move to Leeds United.

100 thoughts on “Holloway has decided who doesn't have a future at Millwall

• January 29, 2015 at 09:01

Wow I wonder who could be going?

• January 29, 2015 at 09:13

I can think of one candidate that fits that headline.

• January 29, 2015 at 09:14

If only someone at the club would tell Holloway he has no future at Millwall too.

• January 29, 2015 at 14:51

@82wall: Maybe I am the stupid one. But at the moment it's like a bad dream and our club's been taken over by zombies all swearing blind allegiance to this bloke. What is it that so many people are taken in by - is it the results, the performances, the different players each week or the forever changing tactics? Please enlighten me to why Holloway is fit to manage our club?

• January 29, 2015 at 16:27

@Micky Lions: It's not reality, I think a few Holloway lovers keep pressing the dislike button to make out they are well supported. The site organiser should prevent readers from voting more than once on any comment

• January 29, 2015 at 16:56

@Micky Lions: I'm with you mate - Like him or not, it's undeniable that his performance so far has been terrible and the statistics prove that. Whether he inherited a bad situation or not, he has been paid a lot of money to sort it out and, as yet, he hasn't. I can't see any argument against that as a matter of fact. It feels like nearly everyone on here has joined the Moonies!

• January 30, 2015 at 08:26

@Micky Lions: I must admit I'm on the fence at mo with ih, like u I have watch every minute of every home game this season. Some of his teams and formations etc have left my wondering does he really know what he is doing. But on the other hand if u had a group of players that u know ain't good enough and u are told to keep till the end of the season so we can sort out the contract mess of other managers. Would you have tried everything to get the best out of them. Now we all know they were ment to be playing for contracts but how many of the players would you say we're performing ? So like every other club we choose to pick the easy option. THE MANAGER, I think he has tried everything he could with a dead bunch of players and on a shoestring. So I'm going to judge him from now because we all know he ain't going anywhere. Also it will be interesting to see who go down because again I think it will be all the clubs that have changed there managers. Also as to liking or disliking a comment . It should stay the way it is , just because it ain't going your way don't mean you should change it. Freedom of speech. Great club great website. Me done

• January 29, 2015 at 15:12

@Micky Lions: 150 dislikes - my record so far. News at Den should be renamed 'Bend over and touch your toes for Holloway'. We've had some great managers at Millwall down the years (information for all those feeble enough to ask 'who else we'd get?') , but I still can't think of another person who'd have been shown as much patience as Holloway. And what has he served up to deserve this? Eleven wins in forty nine league games, with just two wins in all competitions since August. The fotball is sh.it, his excuses are getting worse and all you lot who clap his every action are complicit in what's going wrong at our club.

• January 29, 2015 at 23:34

@Micky Lions: I'm not Holloways biggest fan but getting rid is not the answer. For one, he isn't going to walk, the cost to buy him out will be astronomical and as we are already running at a loss that is something that could do some long term damage, secondly bringing in a new manager at the end of the transfer window is verging on crazy. A new manager will have very little time to turn a losing team around, with no time or money to build his own squad.
        Holloway got us out of trouble last season, fair enough he got us in it this year but he is a proven manager in the Championship. I would say give him to the end of the season, give his team our full support,if we scrape it sack him in May and give a new manager a long summer to build a new team. If we go down, at least we might win a few games next season.

• January 29, 2015 at 23:35

@Micky Lions:

• January 29, 2015 at 09:19

Yeah we have loads of managers lining up to take the job on after him don't we?

• January 29, 2015 at 11:40

@Micky Lions: @Millwallsteve:
      I wonder where those 96 dislikes suddenly come from? Very strange I reckon it's Ambler who keeps pressing the dislike button

• January 29, 2015 at 12:26

@Peckhamlad: Or maybe it's because any fan with a shred of common sense knows that is an absurd comment to make.

I would love to know who you think would come to Millwall and get better results. They won't have time to change the squad, so wouldn't you rather have Holloway playing the players he brought in rather than someone who won't have a clue?

• January 29, 2015 at 14:54

@jenks4: It's sad that you have such very low expectations. We might as well pack up and all go home.

• January 29, 2015 at 15:04

@Micky Lions: I don't have low expectations, we should be in a much better position than we are, but I don't get how sacking Holloway now will do us any good.

If he was given the sack before Christmas someone else might've been able to come in and sort it out, but he wasn't. Now is not the time to get rid of him and people need to stop bitching and moaning about it and get behind him to try and turn things around

• January 29, 2015 at 16:32

@jenks4: There are a few out there and no one can be worse than Holloway at the moment, but to be fair lets see if his changes come good and he manages to turn our fortunes around Notts Forest and no great shakes a good side should see them off. I hope so because I have had a bet with a Forest supporter that Millwall will beat them.

• January 29, 2015 at 17:32

@Peckhamlad: surely the last two performances show that the players have been a big part of the problem. Yes we havent got the results we may have wanted, but we have looked a hell of a lot better in those games

• January 29, 2015 at 19:38

@Peckhamlad: how much longer do we have to wait ? Look at our position !! Look at our reacent performances !!! No all our performance this season & tell me we can stick with this F@@k@@g clown Once he gets us demoted he will walk away without a second look back & get on with his self promoting poxy life & not give M F C a second thought !!!! It will be us true supporters back next year &other years yet to come!!!! holloway do the right thing & admit you ain't got a clue what Millwall are about & do one !!!! C O Y L

• January 29, 2015 at 09:22

Hopefully hoyte will be going out on loan then

• January 29, 2015 at 12:46

@benzo: Hoyte is being lined up as the next manager when Holloway leaves at the end of the season. Press the dislike button all of you that don't have a sense of humour and think that is a serious post.

• January 29, 2015 at 09:24

500k!!!

Bit depressing that a squad overhaul is required in January to try and avoid relegation.

You'd think being paid 1000s a week to kick a ball would result in a happy bunch of lads all pulling in the same direction to try and win football matches.

But no, apparently not, some have a p*** poor attitude didn't try and dragged the rest down with them!

19 games left to turn it around and get to at least 21st place.

I know loans aren't popular but as JB is unlikely to splash a few million on a striker I think we do need to get someone else in to get us goals.

• January 29, 2015 at 10:24

@MFC Lion: I think £500 000 is spin,JB will be saving five times this on the wage bill next season.

• January 29, 2015 at 12:50

@MFC Lion: definitely seems like a 2way operation, get players on loan that could keep us up whilst if it all clicks but get of players on high wages as a cost cutting measure preparing for league 1.

• January 29, 2015 at 09:27

I am pleased with what JB and H are doing, these players have let us down over the last 3 seasons and not one of the managers could get them playing consistently. Same players three managers. The common denominator is the players. They have to go clear out and start again. Then if we do go down we can start again with a team not a clear out at the end of the season. I think they have got it right.

• January 29, 2015 at 10:30

@Lincolnshire Lion: assuming we go down, how many of the existing squad and loan players will actually stay? 20% at best! Then we will need a squad of new players! Let's hope we don't go down

• January 29, 2015 at 11:27

@Geoff the lion: all of the new younger players are on contract, Cummings,Cowan Hall, Sid, Goodman,Fred, Forde, Jimmy ( will get one) Gregory, Gueye ( if he wants to keep him) I think there is the nucleus of a good team there. Harding will probably sign as well, Dunney would grab the chance. Upson is on contract , Webster is on contract. All the rubbish is being shifted out plus the ones that don't want to stay like Beevers will go at the end of the season I expect. I am happy we are doing the right thing, If we get it right we won't go down. With the old squad of last month we where nailed on. At least there is now a glamour of hope.

• January 29, 2015 at 09:33

While I have no confidence in H I am pleased some of that deadwood at the club will be moved on. I made more effort curling one this morning than some players have made all season. Good riddance.

• January 29, 2015 at 09:50

Its late in the transfer window to be telling players they have no future, if we had told them in early January they may have been able to find clubs to take them on. I guess the plan is to get as many out on loan as possible. Also, I am interested to learn who he thinks is playing for a contract extension, what happened to the rumour that one player (Jimmy) had done enough already?

• January 29, 2015 at 10:01

@glyngo: you should know by now one week the sun shines out of a players a*** .then the next hes showing the door to them..is it a wonder players dont know if there coming or going.bloke wants to sort himself out first

• January 29, 2015 at 12:38

@Jim28: I agree Jim, I can't work out if it's his mannerisms or if he is actually changing his mind about the players that quickly. Only a few weeks ago Shittu was the 'embodiment of Millwall spirit', now it looks like he is being shown the door. Personally I think Shittu is out of his league now, but can't be easy for players to see the manager lurch from one opinion to another.

• January 29, 2015 at 10:02

@glyngo: I think if their contracts are terminated, there is still a period beyond the end of the month for clubs to sign unattached players

• January 29, 2015 at 12:39

@junkmale: I also imagine that there are not lots of clubs waiting to buy them, so loaning them out first gives potential buyers a chance to see what they are capable of. Bad news for some of the players in our squad, because they haven't been capable of much this season.

• January 29, 2015 at 09:55

think he is doing the right thing. You could see the difference on Tuesday. Dare i say it Shittu looks like being one of them, love Danny but he has slowed up a little but his desire is inspirational, Bailey, Hoyte,Chaplow,Woolford, Webster even as i believe ollie dont trust him, Beavers will have to play on saturday so he wont be going anywhere soon. Like the knew players you can see the quality

• January 29, 2015 at 10:37

@DELBOY64:

I reckon Beevers will be going too, when IH made the swap at half time the other night he put on Dunne ahead of Beevers which doesn't look good.

• January 29, 2015 at 12:41

@Jimmy Abdous Hip: Don't forget, Dunne is a right sided defender, and Hooiveld is a leftie just like Beevers. he may have gone for Dunne as it was his natural side and he wanted a balanced defense.

• January 29, 2015 at 10:00

Four going are Shittu, Chaplow, Woolford and Fuller. Looks like most of the trouble makers are being cleared out now. Just need to bring in a striker and another centre back in my opinion now. Then go into the loans for a young winger from the prem!

• January 29, 2015 at 10:07

@deejayrose: I think it's a bit unfair to describe any of them as trouble makers unless you have inside knowledge? Shittu in particular I would think is the opposite. He is just not fit enough through age. Not his fault. Probably the same can be said for Fuller. The other two I am not sure about, although I thought Chaplow did a lot of running in the Bradford game and Woolford has been player of the season so I don't think it is about commitment. More likely they just don't fit the plan

• January 29, 2015 at 11:16

@junkmale: So Forde is fit as a fiddle he has the worst record in the championship.Let him go first.

• January 30, 2015 at 08:46

@junkmale: you are having a laugh wooford player of the season, first rule of football keep the ball. A lot of huff and puff don't make a good player.

• January 29, 2015 at 11:43

@deejayrose: Since when has Danny Shittu been a troublemaker at the club? he has been loyal and a hero a season or two back.

• January 29, 2015 at 12:42

@Peckhamlad: Woolford has also been a player that seemed willing to work hard and had done so in the past to win his place back, can't see him being much trouble to be honest....

• January 29, 2015 at 10:05

19 games to go. I think that you'd have to put money on Blackpool going down. Wigan look lost to me and they've just sold their best player to WBA so I'd say they're prime candidates to go down too. Which of course leaves one place to be sorted. If Holloway has weeded out the ones that are now surplus maybe, just maybe the spirit will improve, the new players will make a difference and IF we sign a quality striker that can put the ball in the net it might be houdini time again. For me, there is no time to waste in beinging thos striker. There's no point whatsoever doing all this work if we fall foul of bringing someone in. I'd say the wages for Shittu, Woolford, Hoyte and Chaplow would pay someone quite nicely albeit for 19 games.

• January 29, 2015 at 10:08

@NICKOLA: I think that's spot on, Nick, although there is a chance that Gregory and the Hoff will start to score with the better service from Paris and Fabbrini

• January 29, 2015 at 10:28

@NICKOLA: we still have to pay them off to leave the club, so theyd still get a decent chunk of their wages. Have you never played football manager ???

• January 29, 2015 at 11:38

@joemetrezammit: Actually, I have. I won the Championship with Millwall in my first season. After the first game, I removed Chaplow, Dunne, Hoyte, Shittu and Woolford. Interestingly, following his debut, I had to pay for the pitch to be relaid after Shittu left an impression of his buttocks on the pitch as he kept falling over. After looking at his positional sense which was akin to that of the Titanic, I traded him in for Welling United's scoreboard plus ten quid-in my favour.

• January 29, 2015 at 10:09

I hope hoyte is going to his a wage thief

• January 29, 2015 at 10:12

@hayley: Trust me. Hoyte is absolutely one of those on the way out. Long overdue. Let's hope the lesson has been learnt. Ambler-Are you listening?

• January 29, 2015 at 12:43

@NICKOLA: He is hanging on like a limpet though, must be worried about where his next contract will be at.

• January 29, 2015 at 10:12

Three seasons worth of s*** attitudes coming to a head.
    All a bit late really, but at least it is now being addressed.
    Regardless of Holloway being the manger for the future
    of the club, he, at least is trying to clear the decks for a fresh start.
    Really what was needed, and hopefully the 'new' team might be
    able to turn it around during the remainder of this season.
    A tough ask, and a big weight on the shoulders of the new players.
    New era hopefully, with or without Holloway.

• January 29, 2015 at 13:01

@DELBOY64: @lowdown:
      I Just dont understand why its all happening now, if they were all so S*** with terrible attitudes why did he not ship em all out in the summer with 1 year left on there contracts we might have made 500-1mill in combined transfers for 8-12 players. Also getting players like webster and briggs in, he really tried hard to sign those 2, did he send harford out to scout em? or did harford make it as far as mcdonalds and the bookies go home for a snooze and tel l IH they were both brilliant?

• January 29, 2015 at 10:24

I'd maybe take a little punt on someone like James Collins from Shrewsbury or Danny Hylton from Oxford... Seem to be at a good age, look like they know where the goal is and maybe realistic targets for our club!!!
    Also maybe try our luck with Bamidele Alli from MK Dons and Paddy Madden...
    All could be affordable for our club, all score goals at the moment... I know it's a risk to see if they can make the step up but at the end of the day you have to shop where you can afford to and too many people think we're gonna go after proven goal scorers when the truth is we just don't have that kind of funding!!
    At least a few names to debate over...

• January 29, 2015 at 10:32

@ettieneverveer: From reading reports the problem seems to be that whenever we get near our targets in a lot of cases we get gazzumped by clubs who will pay them more. Not much IH or Ambler can do about that unless we get more people at matches. So we are in a bit of a vicious circle where we can't get the players a manager wants, so the performances dip and the gates drop and even less money is available. It looks like having a big clear out like this is the only way to generate some cash. I reckon even before we release anyone else the club has saved about £2m a year in wages, and it may end up double that. So that will probably help IH get some of his targets. Surprised Bailey hasn't been included but I suppose unless he can prove fitness no-one is going to sign him anyway and he may show up a the end of the season and contribute something before he buggers off.

• January 29, 2015 at 14:57

@ettieneverveer: I'm intrigued - do you know much about these players? I ask because it looks like you've just looked at the top scorers from the lower leagues and chose some names that have scored a few goals. 'Bamidele Alli' is Dele Alli, the lad everyone is talking about and who is about to sign for Newcastle for £4m+. Madden showed that he isn't Championship quality for Yeovil, hence why he is now at Scunthorpe.

• January 29, 2015 at 10:39

Makes sense why KJ left, been here for over 4 years and realised at the end that the squad had so much deadwood that needed to be cleared out. did he really want another year or so re-building a squad on top of the other 4+ years he was here, i don't think so. Overall I think we are doing the right thing getting rid of these uncommitted players and hopefully it acts as an incentive for the other players to pull their finger out and actually play with a bit of pride because they are good enough to be at the club. Only negative point I could make was couldnt we have noticed this in the summer and sorted it then? but then I suppose the bad form we have been in this season has really brought these poor players into the spotlight. May our unbeaten run continue COYL

• January 29, 2015 at 12:45

@fred: That's the most important point, how did the club not see that most of these players, we are talking about half of the entire first team squad, were not up for the fight.

• January 29, 2015 at 16:21

@glyngo:
        Like i said earlier
        "I Just dont understand why its all happening now, if they were all so S*** with terrible attitudes why did he not ship em all out in the summer with 1 year left on there contracts we might have made 500-1mill in combined transfers for 8-12 players"

• January 29, 2015 at 10:43

I have no faith in holloway, (but i know he is here now and probably will take us down and will then be given time to get us back up), because i think he loses the trust of players!, these so called trouble makers he is now getting rid of, are the ones he said are true Millwall types, shittu, woolford, easter, how proud he was of mcdonald etc. etc.........Nelson WOULD be captain against reading then all of a sudden its Forde?. he is the one that chopped and changed formations and players, as said many times on NAD........... So my worry is that he will do the same with these new players and the next excuse will be that we have to give them time to gel!! JUST GET A GREEDY GOALSCORER !!! its been THE problem since Woods left FFS !!!!!!

• January 29, 2015 at 10:59

When Gregory was banging his goals in for Halifax he played with a big man up top with him.
    Don't write off him doing the same with the Hoff especially with the improved supply to the front two with our new additions.
    Add Gueye and O'brien to the options and it's not all doom and gloom.
    When you consider what we stayed up with last season and our forward line then it looks better now to me.
    Don't despair and think it's all over if we stick with what we've got.
    As I stated at the beginning of April last season if anyone remembers I believe that we will stay up and I will again offer to buy you all a drink if we don't. ( And no cheeky treble whisky's unless of course that's what you usually buy ).
    We have wanted a clearout for a long time now and it's finally happening so time to stick together and get behind the new team in this time of transition.
    Keep the faith.
    UP THE WALL.

• January 29, 2015 at 11:07

I think the ones to be going will be , HOYTE, WOOLFORD, CHAPLOW,SHITTU, BAILEY,BEEVERS. You could add WEBSTER cos why get the Hoover in and play him, UPSON, never puts him in much, MARTNEZ, cos puts POWELL in before him and also, why was he trying to sign O'KEEFE ( a midfielder) the other day. And if LEEDS want woolford, we gotta do a deal that brings RUDI AUSTIN to us.

• January 29, 2015 at 12:32

The problem is we only sign the s*** that no one else wants usually. Before this transfer window, (Bar Williams) I wouldn't really care if we let everyone go.

• January 29, 2015 at 15:16

@Pattyberry: Well Jos Hooiveld looked a hell of a good signing to me on Tuesday night and he even made Dunne look half-decent! Moore like him please.

• January 29, 2015 at 17:08

@glasshalffull Agreed but lets not p*** our pants over one game ay.

• January 29, 2015 at 12:58

As a fan of over fifty years, I have seen discontent and relegation a few times. Those of you who remember the Eamon Dunphy affair, will know that he was moved on because the team were in free fall. Once he left and Kitchener was made captain, Millwall moved on and up. When a team loses form, there is usually one senior player behind it. He is the one who undermines the manager,and disrupts the spirit. Then a couple more join in, and suddenly the whole team are fighting each other for control. Holloway has had enough, he instinctively knows the problem! Good on him, he is quite right to cut out the old branches to let the new grow! It will be close, but we can avoid relegation, have faith people. COYL.

• January 29, 2015 at 13:19

I know it's old ground but we need a good decent keeper fast forde s in comfort zone poor game against Ipswich and he s getting away with it better against reading to inconsitant happy something's being done this has dragged on to long were in the championship and need to stay here

• January 29, 2015 at 15:40

@den55:
      Forde is a decent keeper when he has a decent defence infront of him.

• January 29, 2015 at 16:45

@benzo: I think we'll have to disagree on that one. Opinion is fairly divided on Forde. I think he can be good but he can be rubbish. To inconsistent, in other words.

• January 29, 2015 at 14:34

We should all have a whip round and pay off dunne's contract.

i do not know what hold he has over holloway but he is a mid table league 1 player at best but coco the clown cannot see that, on tuesday night when he came on i thought we are down to 9 men now as dunne is simply atrocious.

forde will improve if he will have the same back 4 in front of him every game, my squad all fit and well is.

forde, harding, cummings, hooiveld,beevers,fabrini,williams,jimmy,cowan hall, maggie,gregory.

and get rid of hoyte, webster,dunne,chaplow,bailey,martin

• January 29, 2015 at 15:55

i see the Alan Dunne supporters have dislike my comments, well dont worry when we are freezing up at nottingham and he makes yet another error, i hope the game is on as im looking forward to it as i fancy us to get something up there.

• January 29, 2015 at 16:47

@golden lion: I don't think most people disagree with what you said, just the way you said it. He ain't Roberto Carlos but he deserves some respect for his commitment.

• January 29, 2015 at 15:09

I have seen nothing to suggest Gregory can hack it at this standard.Desperately need a goal scorer in this shake up. Just remember that Gregory cost 25 times more than the entire Ipswich team that played us off the park the other week. he was a very bad waste of money and will be lucky to be here next season.

• January 29, 2015 at 15:43

@Glasshalffull: I disagree, Gregory is an old fashioned poacher, he needs to play in a system that has someone up front with him winning balls and plenty of good balls into the box. give him that and he will create chances for himself and score quite a few IMO. so long as Ollie plays a system with the Hoff an Greggs and two specialist wingers, we will see Greggs come good.

• January 29, 2015 at 16:48

@glyngo: I think there is a good cahnce the Hof/Gregory partnership will work. Give it a chance

• January 29, 2015 at 16:07

@Glasshalffull: I like Gregory but he just isn't doing it at the moment, great first touch and good movement but can't find space always marked! Good strikers find space .

• January 30, 2015 at 09:59

@Glasshalffull:
      The whole squad doesn't cost 10K. They got lucky with one signing.
      They have spend plenty of money without success.

The amount of times I've played football, run my socks off but my teams mates didn't have the ability to find me.
      He's two steps ahead of the rest of the team. Also Forde keeps smashing the ball up to him, wrong move straight away. Even with the Hoff in the team, he's still playing it long to Gregory.

• January 30, 2015 at 09:59

@Glasshalffull: The Ipswich comparison is surely not entirely fair to Gregory, the Ipswich team has the advantage of a proper, talented manager.

• January 29, 2015 at 16:02

Do we trust Holloway or not ...can he make players improve their game or can he make good players look bad....his tactics are average at best ....hes had very little success in his career considering hes been doing it for 20 years....he blames everything but himself and hes fooled Berylson with his philosophy nonsence ...20 grand a week is a lot of cash for an average manager....He wont ever get Millwall in the premiership

• January 29, 2015 at 17:36

i think fuller could play well off Hof - he is not a lone striker - i think he makes beter runs than gregory and loads of experience - fuller has taken his chances well this season - he hasnt missed many sitters - i would give him a chance with hof - gregs might need to learn a bit - to me he loses possession too easily when we want him to secue the ball to buy time

• January 29, 2015 at 17:43

i think we should take advantage of the good relationship we now have with southampton and see if they have any good young strikers on there books, with there excellent youth system this would be a good club to have as a allie.

also with captains armband changing nearly as much as the team, how about Jimmy for captain, he knows the Wall way.

• January 29, 2015 at 19:44

@Micky Lions: I have become disillusioned with IH, but I am still behind him. I didn't press dislike by the way. Yet you say those that did are the kind "feeble enough to ask 'who else we'd get?'". There's something even more feeble and that's not suggesting a realistic alternative! REALISTIC being the key word, for both players and manager. That's why you get the dislikes.

Anyway, can someone please come up with a league table corrected for a financial-expenditure-points-gained to see where we are in Europe's 7th most competitive division and from that draw a true conclusion?

• January 29, 2015 at 19:49

I feel all this clearing should have been done in the summer not now, the deadwood should have been long gone by now , if there was trouble makers they should have gone too, no matter what we say we've got IH and he's now seen sense and started to late to give us a fleeting chance of staying up, it's a hard task, I didn't want him in the first place as he'd never salvaged a team from relegation, save last season, he's lived on good work done by the previous manager for his success periods, Now he's with us and we have to put up with him until contract up or he does get the sack
    I want My Millwall Back Players giving their all, for the Shirt and Pride as a LION

• January 30, 2015 at 07:48

@aeojt: as you say yourself he now does have a team that he's saved from relegation, yes that's right it's us, Millwall!

He's making plenty of change to the squad and with 19 games left we still have every chance of survival.

Things can rapidly turn around in football. Bolton, Birmingham, Fulham for example looked terrible at the start of the season. (Yes I know they changed managers, we've gone for a squad overhaul instead).

• January 29, 2015 at 20:34

I simply cannot understand the level of tolerance of Mr Holloway, both by the Board and by those posting on here. His record is truly poor and his man management skills can be measured by the difference in Palace managed by him and the same team managed by Stan Pullis. Mr Holloway is stunningly inconsistent and never seems to carry blame, instead he blames the players that he is paid to manage – which is more poor man management.
    There can be no more excuses, he has a team of his choosing and nineteen games. I really hope he proves me wrong in believing he has never been up to the job.