Millwall boss frustrated by inconsistent decisions at home

IAN Holloway says it feels as though Millwall "never play at home" because of inconsistent decisions made by referees.

The Lions boss hit out at official Andrew Madley for sending off Sid Nelson in last night's 0-0 draw with Reading, although the club will not be submitting an appeal to the Football Association.

But Holloway is just as frustrated by the 50-50 calls that go against his side as he is by major decisions such as red cards and penalties.

Speaking after the stalemate with the Royals, he pointed to one particular incident that got him worked him.

He said: "Diego Fabbrini gets tripped up, play goes on and five seconds late their fella falls over just like Fabbrini did and they get a free kick. We didn't.

"Now for me, that happens far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far too many times.

"Referes are supposed to be impartial and that wasn't consistent. I see it week in, week out.

"Sometimes we lack discipline – like when Stefan Maierhofer smashed into someone, which was ridiculous – and get a bit carried away with the passion of the fans, but we don't get decisions.

"Most home teams do. We don't. Kenny Jackett told me it was like this but I just can't believe it. It feels like we never play at home."

51 thoughts on “Millwall boss frustrated by inconsistent decisions at home

• January 28, 2015 at 14:54

The referees we get must be told to give an advantage to the away team. No other way 15736 of them in a row could be this bad!

• January 28, 2015 at 15:02

I think the refereeing decisions are very consistent....ALWAYS against us.

• January 28, 2015 at 15:09

@harry2310: far far far far far far..i rhink he means a lot

• January 28, 2015 at 17:58

@Jim28: This far far comment to the press sums IH up in a nutshell for me, he has a good and valid point but he has to make it about him and his little sound bites for his mates at Soccer AM. Why can the bloke not just make his point and move on? No, it's all about him. Zzzzz

• January 28, 2015 at 19:32

@JonnyBanks: I agree with you mate. He needs to make his point and move on as everything he says ends up sounding like a joke. Would Wenger or Fergie repeat a word half a dozen times - no. Do they get taken seriously by the FA - yes.

• January 28, 2015 at 19:48

@tallchap18: I am in the Dislike crew now. I am not sure if I like or dislike that? Maybe it's a moral victory.

• January 28, 2015 at 23:07

@Jim28: I think thae his starting 11 plus 1 sub for next game

Comments are closed.

You must have an active subscription to view further comments and leave your own.