Millwall boss confident of long-term backing from chairman

IAN Holloway does not believe his job at Millwall is under threat and expects to be given time to assemble a "young, fresh, hungry team" for the future.

Holloway received a vote of confidence from chairman John Berylson before the Lions suffered a 3-1 defeat to Ipswich Town at The Den on Saturday.

And the Lions boss says his long-term objective of rebuilding the side has not changed despite a run of just two wins in 23 competitive matches.

16 Championship managers have left their posts so far this season but Holloway is confident Millwall will not join "the sack race" anytime soon.

He said: "Is the chairman disappointed? Of course he is – we all want to win – but football should be about loyalty.

"It's really tough at the minute but the chairman didn't get to where he is by quitting and neither did I.

"Just because everybody else is wielding the axe left, right and centre, what does that have to do with this club?

"Charlton have decided to get rid of their manager but Charlton have a different agenda.

"The Championship is pretty unforgiving. For Norwich to do what Norwich did the other day is quite ridiculous but that's their choice.

"It's becoming the sack race in the Championship because everybody wants to get into the Premier League.

"Everybody is buying clubs in this division to get them up but [chief executive] Andy Ambler and the chairman have been working steadily for seven years.

"Kenny Jackett told me all about it and what it would be like because sometimes some of the names you get called aren't very pleasant.

"But I'm going to see all the way through that because I am part of the family. It's going wrong at the minute but I'm not going to ever give up.

"If the chairman doesn't want me one day, Andy will tell me, we'll sit down to discuss it and have a meal together. But my job hasn't changed since I came here."

Holloway says Berylson is fully behind his plan to overhaul Millwall's squad and will give him the resources – and the time – to make big changes.

"He's the owner I've wanted for years and the owner I would die for," said Holloway.

"If he ends up killing me with his sword, then it will be respectful and done correctly, and I'd have deserved it because I'd have let him down in at least a year's time.

"The chairman wants to be successful. He's pumped a lot of money into this club and he'll keep doing that because he's committed to getting a good team.

"He wants a team that can compete in the Championship and one day might be able to get promoted, like I managed to do with two of my previous clubs.

"What I want to do at Millwall long-term hasn't changed. The euphoria from staying up and the start of our season has changed into 'oh my God, these players have lost confidence.'

"'Oh my God' isn't in my language but I cannot accept that ten men absolutely capitulated the other night in the FA Cup.

"I was asked by the press after the Bradford game if I felt confident – did they mean confident the chairman won't kick me out or am I confident in my ability to build a team?

"I've not been here long enough and my desire is to stay as long as I possibly can to see this through.

"I haven't worked this hard as a manager for 19 years to suddenly be an absolute pile of steaming horse manure. If people think I am, more fool you.

"And if some players think they can sit back, not take any responsibility and wait for me to get the sack, they better think again.

"I have a proven track recording of building clubs and turning things around but sometimes it's a bit slower than everyone else's instant coffee.

"Even when I went down with QPR, I put them back to where they were on half the budget. Andy and the chairman know that, and they understand what I'm trying to do.

"I want the same thing as the fans want, and I want them to see a new team competing better than we are at the minute in this division.

"I want to see a young, fresh, hungry team that is learning to play a decent way.

"I might be in cuckoo land but I believe I chose Millwall and Millwall chose me because we want the same things."

62 thoughts on “Millwall boss confident of long-term backing from chairman

• January 19, 2015 at 08:23

It says in the article
    ""I'm more than confident in my own ability and the fans might not realise what we've been talking about behind the scenes for the whole time I've been here."

I am pretty confident that all the visitors to NAD and also all followers of Millwall would love to know what has been talked about behind the scenes

You have the platform here, so come on, fess up and let us know what is planned

• January 19, 2015 at 09:08

@eio: They can't come out and say it for several reasons, 1. because they're trying to offload some of the players, so coming out and saying they're w**kers is not going to help that, 2. they're trying to sign players, therefore publicly shaming current players is not going to encourage more to join & would make us look like a petty club that has lost control. They've done the right thing by making us aware that there are things going on behind the scenes, but to provide more details will not do anything to help our situation, just trust that if it was Holloway and not the players, the board & JB would have done something by now. Hopefully the 10 day break will give him a chance to get rid of the dross and bring in some players who'll show some fight!

• January 19, 2015 at 18:07

@coldblowlane87: If you look at his statement carefully he says 'for the whole time I've been here' so do not think that discussions are about out of contract players

• January 19, 2015 at 08:27

Not commented on Saturdays game as I did not want to do so in the heat of the moment, but reading this makes me think again about Saturday yes the second half was a lot better than the first but once again the team you put out lost (fact).

He keeps talking about his 19 years experience and what he done else where, but Ollie you are lucky in the fact the JB has stuck by you and I for one wont you to succeed and keep us up but some of the players you have brought in and also your tactics are strange to say the least, I would of thought that mentioning taking QPR down is not a positive in the eyes of us the faithful, but this is Ian Holloway talking??

You still have enough games to keep us up but I must say there does not seem any signs to me that you can do it, the Reading game is a must win but you know that, come on Ollie we need to see some improvement and then you will hear us really get behind you.

On another note why did we have a 6ft 7inch right winger playing on Saturday.

• January 19, 2015 at 09:17

@Barnlion: What he doesn't mention is that he's either taken every club he's managed since QPR down (Leicester & Blackpool) or walked out on them (Plymouth & Palace). He has a very mixed managerial record. Many Palace fans think he took the club backwards in his short time there, despite getting them up through the play-offs. Even his amazing promotion at Blackpool was done inheriting a good team in his first season with them.

Take away his verbal skills and what's most important is his record at Millwall, which is awful and shows no signs of improvement. For the good of our club he has to go ASAP.

• January 19, 2015 at 10:22

@Micky Lions:
        He didn't inherit a good team with blackpool, they had 1 or 2 decent players like hoolahan and Taylor fletcher for example but the rest were average and they finished 16th and 19th in the 2 seasons before he took over. He then bought 6 players at the start of the season including a certain Charlie Adam who finished as their top scorer with 19 goals plus the winner vs cardiff in the play off final. He's clearly got something about him. Don't let the truth get in the way of c****** him off though ay.

• January 19, 2015 at 12:57

@82wall: Nothing wrong with what I said. The bulk of the squad that took them up was in place when he took over. No doubt Charlie Adam was a very good signing which broke their transfer record. Likewise promotion with Blackpool was his finest achievement, but if you want facts, he did it with just 70 points (32 behind Newcastle) and they came straight back down.

I don't gladly criticise Millwall managers, but after nearly 50 years as a supporter he's the first one that has made me truly angry with the club. I think the way he seems to have so many people fooled is a large part of it - that and the fact his record so far is so sh.it. That's the real truth of it.

• January 19, 2015 at 19:21

@Micky Lions: Agree with you again Micky.

• January 19, 2015 at 23:13

@Micky Lions:
            I get your point but Newcastle smashed the league and finished 11 points clear at the top. No one expected blackpool to go up, it was holloway who installed a team spirit and got the players fighting for eachother. When they got relegated they only did so on the final day of the season away at man utd and even then they deserved to get something out the game. Part of his poor win % is down to that season. The fact is he is here for this season at least so I don't see the point in people constantly digging him out when, by all accounts, he was left with a s*** group of players and a few who were causing trouble behind the scenes. It's all changing now and if we don't improve it's on his head, but we are going through a transition at the minute and it won't happen over night.

• January 19, 2015 at 08:33

Some players sit back and wait for me to get the sack,if we like IH or not those player,s should be booted out now,as i understand it we had trouble maker's under jacket and lomas,as i said booted out right now.
    To all those that think HOF is rubbish i suggest you look at the Ipswich game highlight's we had four move's worthy of being included in those highlight's and guess what he was a major player in all four.
    1 he put pressure on the goalkeeper that set up Fabrinni goal chance.
    2 he did brilliant to set up jimmy's shot on goal.
    3 again he did great work to set maggie whose shot was blocked.
    4 he won the header that enabled gregory to flick on to maggie who scored.
    Yes i agree he could have won a few more header's and yes he can look a pillock at times but then most player's of his size are naturally cumbersome.
    If people do want to knock him for his failing's at least give him credit where it's due,as in the ipswich highlight's,oh before you say so what we lost 3-1 you cannot blame him for giving away soft goal's.

• January 19, 2015 at 08:37

@jim1222
      The last sentence should read THE DEFENSE GIVING AWAY SOFT GOAL'S.

• January 19, 2015 at 08:44

@jim1222: Lets hope it is the usual vote of confidence Within 2 weeks IH has gone.

• January 19, 2015 at 08:48

@jim1222: reading between the lines I think we will see players leaving this week, all this talk of clarifying players futures indicates that the players who will play no further part this year will have their contracts ended. Better not to have the players sitting around d moaning when he is building a new squad.

• January 19, 2015 at 09:40

@jim1222: well said, dont rate hoff but he did really well on saturday i'll be delighted if he proves me wrong.

• January 19, 2015 at 12:42

@jim1222: Yes, well said Jim. To be honest I didn't really want the Hof back but he did well on Saturday even the mazy little run he made in the second half - I think even his team mates were surprised. He is certainly having an effect on the oppositions defence but still think he runs like Woody out of Toy Story though!

• January 19, 2015 at 21:11

@jim1222: Interesting points Jim. I think I am guilty at just looking at his aerial power rather than what else he may bring to the team in general.

• January 19, 2015 at 08:51

I like what I hear but hate what I see. To an extent I agree with this philosophy and with the current squad "pre latest signings" think most managers would struggle. We have some complete dross in the squad, many players who are well past their sale by dates on decent wages who no one else wants and subsequently that restricts the budget. Players such as
    Dunne (league one, liability)
    Shittu (committed but past it, league one)
    Beevers (just terrible, bad positioning, slow, massive but crap in the air, falls over, fouls could go on and on and on)
    Hoyte (oxygen thief and thats being nice)
    Bailey (made of glass, shame but fact)
    Chaplow (mostly injured, mostly shocking)
    Martin (only plays well when he wants a contract) Woolford (inconsistent, league one)
    McDonald (think the goal is in the stands, terrible finisher pointless a forward massively overpaid)
    All above are biggest earners and not one can hold their hands up and honestly say they have played even remotely consistently well within the past two years for millwall...
    IMO the above are dragging the club down and none are IH signings. Previous managers or Ambler are guilty of giving these p*** poor excuses for championship players contracts and IH has been left to deal with the consequences which appears to be devastating?! I genuinely hope that majority of the above names never play for us again (barring Bailey who could do a job if fit) and we move on to new younger hungrier signings or blood the potentisl from the youth squad and only then will we truely see what an IH team can genuinely do...

• January 19, 2015 at 11:06

@davesavagesleftfoot: agree with most but would keep Woodford. & get rid of Bailey if we bring in someone like Austin from Leeds. Plus we need to sign fabrinni now or we will lose him at the end of the season.

• January 19, 2015 at 17:11

@davesavagesleftfoot: Woolford is OK. He's no genius but he isn't a high earner compared to the other and generally puts a shift in and is one of the few players who can actually hit the ball on target..
      Bailey? Forget it - he has played 27 game sin two seasons. Waste of money.

• January 19, 2015 at 09:03

OLLIE, GET SOME MORE NEW FACES IN QUICK, OR WE WILL BE IN DIV 1 IN NO TIME. IF YOU CONTINUE TO JUST KEEP PROMISING IT WILL BE TOO LATE, AND ONLY 4,000 CROWDS WILL BECOME THE NORM! DO IT NOW OR ELSE WEVE HAD IT.NO ONE LIKES US, WE DONT CARE. STORMIN' NORMAN.

• January 19, 2015 at 09:27

@bermlion: Totally agree, seems like the chairman is backing him (Genuinely) so get 1-2 Centre backs , 1-2 ball winning MF, and on-form 1-2 Centre Forwards, that should be enough.

• January 19, 2015 at 10:03

@glyngo: don't disagree but let's be realistic! Jb will put some money in, but not the amount you think we need. We have enough midfielders already, we won't get another striker, maybe a cb but fingers crossed a new keeper. With Williams back we haven't got a bad squad to keep us up. We lost on Saturday to a very good team so no shame in that. We did good in the second half, and by keeping the structure and most of the players, I feel more positive than I have on a long time

• January 19, 2015 at 10:45

@Geoff the lion: I reckon, Beevers will walk - but Shittu will stay for the rest of this season - to be replaced next season (Ollie likes him - 'team' player)... So he'll probably have to get 2 CBs at some stage, 'maybe' sooner rather than later, depending on Shittus fitness...
          As far as strikers go, Ollie has already said several times he could do with 1 more.. IMO I reckon we can't RELY on Fuller as a main striker - we need someone fresh and dangerous to take the pressure off... Who knows, we'll see!! COYL.

• January 19, 2015 at 12:06

@Luke ColdBlow10: I wouldn't be surprised if Shittu becomes a coach at the club, I have been one of his biggest critics this season but I admit that he has a leader and shows great commitment, so those are qualities he can teach new players and the club will benefit.

• January 19, 2015 at 12:09

@Geoff the lion: Yeah I know, I honestly don't expect that many players to come in, but the harsh reality is that is what we need. I do rate players like Woolford and Chaplow, but the problem with those type of players is where do you play them what is their best position. Not wingers/centre mids/centre forwards or full backs.....yet they undoubtedly have quality. There might be room for one of them in the squad but surely not both.

• January 19, 2015 at 15:54

@bermlion: Yep, must agree with the Storm, Ollies has to move fast and get New Players in Now! ( NOLU, WDC ).

• January 19, 2015 at 09:14

we need new players soon yes, but he talks about a young team (little experience) He is caught here.

we need experience to save us this year - what contracts will these people be given

• January 19, 2015 at 09:36

I'm so fed up of listening to this man. He just talks absolute b*****, all of the time.
    The plain and simple fact is we've only won 2 games out of 23 competitive matches.
    This team should have been rebuilt in the summer, but here we are again trying to do it in January.
    Had a quick look at our remaining fixtures and we've got Wolves last game of the season.
    What's the odds on KJ sending his old club back to League 1 ?

• January 19, 2015 at 10:10

@Syd the Lion:
      well said Syd, when he takes us down ( and i hope i have to eat my words) he will blame everybody but himself...............

• January 19, 2015 at 10:20

I think that we should stick with IH but i say that with no great confidence. The team starting on Saturday only had two of the Lomas team (Forde and Jimmy) so this is already essentially an Oliie team.
    I think questions need to be asked on how Ollie has recruited and then how he treats his signings. Gregory is clearly a mistake not because he is a bad player but that he just does not fit in to a pattern of play that Oliie adopts. He is not quick , cant really hold the ball up , and is not great in the air and apparently needs to play in a two up front. Upson has looked decent but Ollie rarely seems to pick him. Webster has been in and out and a centre back needs to play consistently with a partner which he has not been given a chance to do. Fuller was a short term fix but that hasn't fixed anything. Gueye looks a shadow of the player that appeared in pre season and is now only showing glimpses. Ranegie just failed. The only real unqualified success is Williams who has been brilliant ( and the injured Edwards) . Ollie needs to get the next signings right otherwise a trip to League 1 beckons.

• January 19, 2015 at 10:57

One thing is for sure,
    If IH stays or goes, he will have managed to weed out of the club
    trouble making over paid losers who have been causing trouble
    over the last couple of years. So be it with Holloway, or a new manager,
    most of the playing cancer will be gone, and there will be a nicer
    smell around the club - It's all long overdue.

• January 19, 2015 at 11:13

Can I recommend the report in today's Daily Mirror, " Holloway with words". The press were subjected to Twenty Seven minutes of "Ollyisms" You have never heard so much absurd drivel from this manager. So he continues, if the past is anything to go by a vote of confidence from the Chairman is usually the kiss of death. So perhaps give him two more games then hopefully Bon voyage to this clown. He has bought the club down to its knees and the only consistency is losing game after game. Now ridicule in the press, People are seeing through him,the "Foggy Dewhurst" of football managers.

• January 19, 2015 at 11:45

@Peckhamlad:
      Yes, embarrising drivel of the highest order,
      the man is a deluded idiot. He is confident of long-term backing?
      Nonsense, he has had his a*** slapped by JB.
      After the January window he will be gone if we
      are still winless.

• January 19, 2015 at 12:23

Blah blah blah, stop talking and get out and buy a new keeper and a striker

• January 19, 2015 at 12:34

If IH takes us down he will still be our manager in League 1!? Then what, the nightmare continues? I say give him til 30 matches played to get at least 2 wins or let him go. Many good managers out there so lets set a deadline for IH so the club can move on. COYL

• January 19, 2015 at 12:40

Got to admit he's different - some managers are said to have lost the dressing room; Ollie's spin on it is they've lost him - novel!

• January 19, 2015 at 17:16

@Adsy77777: I've never agreed with this 'he's lost the dressing room' nonsense. What that is is an excuse trotted out by chairmen who think it's easier to sack a manager than to admit the problem is a lack of quality and commitment in the players and replace them with better players.

• January 19, 2015 at 19:20

@junkmale: Have to disagree mate. This malaise is down to mis-management however you look at it; having so many players out of contract at once; keeping players at the club who don't have the clubs interests at heart (KJ must have told Olly the one's to watch); leaving the rebuilding til the notoriously difficult January window; not knowing your best eleven or even having the nucleus of a team a year into the job. If a lot of us supporters are losing belief in Holloway, why is it so inconceivable that the players have done likewise? What happens if he gets a whole new squad in and they don't perform; whose fault is it then?

• January 19, 2015 at 13:31

Its pretty obvious the manager and im sure most of the players read NAD what bothers me about this article is the underline fact Ollie of whom ive been a massive supporter seems to be looking at everything that is wrong with our club (and theres loads ) without taking any responsibility for his own mistakes . For me any good manager has to be pretty bloody minded in getting his ideas across to individual players of a style of football he wants from his team , but saying that he also needs to get the best out of his players which worries me as he clearly doesn't come any where near that . I think Most fans on here live in the real world and know nothing will change over night but what worries us Ollie is your lack of flexibility when picking your best 11 players and your so called best formations and the woeful constant changes . Are lots of our players s*** yes do they deserve to play for our club no but you cant hide from the fact that you pick the team and should be able to motivate the players .What we like at our club is a bit of honestly and people who stand up and be counted when things are not going so well I hope this happens sooner rather than later as I would hate to see you loose the fragile support you have left from many of the fans I talk with maybe less talking and more doing would be a good start .

• January 19, 2015 at 13:49

Let's just clarify the ford situation. Yes he was here under JACKETT and lomas but he is holloways player. The reason I say that is holloway gave him a 4 year contract last summer,so he has re signed him when his contract was coming to an end, so he's not a previous managers player once you renew his contract, he's yours.

• January 19, 2015 at 17:24

@bordersarebest0170: You're right about that. That is definitely one of Holloway's errors. But at the time most people wanted Forde to sign a new contract (I would have been delighted if he had left), so he was making his decision based on the fact that he had an established player who was a leader (allegedly, although we haven't seen much of that this season) and for whom we wouldn't have to pay a fee. It may be that he wanted Forde to go, but Forde didn't get any offers elsewhere so it would have been controversial to say 'sorry, we're not signing you up'.

• January 19, 2015 at 13:51

I think, given the chance, Holloway will talk and talk till the cows come home, to the extent now he is calling some players trouble makers shifting the blame for our demise to the players and not him. But are they not mostly the same players that got us out of trouble last season? If we are fed up to the back teeth with his constant talking and getting nowhere, maybe some of the players are and are then labeled trouble makers if they disagree with him. It seems to me that when Holloway says a player is brilliant and has a good game why is then dropped for the next game or two, does he become a trouble maker because he also questions him as to why he has been dropped? Likewise if we all criticise Ollie's tactics and system on here, do the players do the same? If they do, do they also become trouble makers? We hear so much from Olly yet the players don't have a chance or opportunity to reply, they have to toe the line and say 'he is a great manager' when most on here think otherwise. So they have to brown nose or have their contract ended because they are a trouble maker. Scott Malone was a regular under KJ, pacey down the left with good crosses. That all went down hill this season, maybe he didn't want to brown nose and left deflated after constantly being dropped who knows. I think Olly has used 46 players this season and so far has not played the same eleven the following game and yet he still does not know he's best eleven is. Loan players are all well and good but they will eventually go back to there own clubs. Will they sign on for this man, time will tell.

• January 19, 2015 at 15:15

@CavanLion: this malaise was in place 3 years ago, under performing, getting spanked, so yes there is a core of people that need getting rid off.

• January 19, 2015 at 16:37

@nocalves: @nocalves:

get away with this 3 year malaise stuff - so 8 unbeaten at the back end , then we beat Leeds and Fulham to start this year - where was the malaise then??? Awful management has seen the collapse to here - the players have had their confidence shot and don't want to play for him - this leads on to the Fuller type situations - blame culture all around the club

listen , Reading have a hard cup tie the Saturday before we play them - if we cant look like we can beat them (because we haven't looked like beating anyone for a long time) then HOW can we be optimistic - Look at this objectively - if MFC wasn't our club and you were an outsider looking in what would you conclude??

• January 19, 2015 at 17:31

@timchimes: You have a very short memory if you cannot see these problems started 3 years ago, KJ knew then hence the resignation, Lomas was a silly appointment doomed to failure, there is a inner circle of players that think THEY are the club, but it's actually US, confidence is fickle as is the support of a manager from the supporters (Pardew, Allah-dice) and can be torn to pieces very quickly but take a time to turn around. If I was impartial and looking in it would be so very clear that the problem lies deeper than the manager.

• January 19, 2015 at 21:34

@timchimes: The significant part of the 8 unbeaten and victory over Leeds and Fulham seems to be, that was the time Des Bulpin was part of the coaching set up. He always used to be on the pitch with the players during warm up. Perhaps he told them "Don't listen to that f****** idiot an his lapdog Bircham, we'll do it this way"

• January 19, 2015 at 17:26

@CavanLion: Holloway hardly ever played under Jackett. He only became a regular last season

• January 19, 2015 at 17:11

I would be interested to know who the so called 'troublemakers' are. At times this season he has praised most of the players still at the club; Forde, Beevers, Dunne, Shittu, Jimmy, McDonald, Woolford, Martin.
    More interesting he said the same players who KJ alluded to and the ones that lost Lomas his job. Why has he kept them around for a year if they are a big part of the problem. As I said earlier, it sounds like his spin of losing the dressing room, surely all managers who HAVE lost the dressing room could come out and say we need a whole new squad; could it not be that the current squad have lost all interest in what he has to say?

• January 19, 2015 at 17:50

@Adsy77777: He's praised them because he has tried to keep them going, Dunne, Forde and a couple of Lomas signings are the one's who think there in control, would you keep slagging someone off if you had to keep playing them? answer NO, would you try to encourage them? answer YES. The problem lies deeper than IH people need to wake up see that. We could get Alex bloody ferguson is and he would have a punch up everytime he went in the changing room with some of the older players. I keep saying this, but WE WILL NOT BE GETTING A NEW MANAGER, at least til the summer so we ALL need to get behind whoever he puts out and try OUR part to help the team and club stay up. Also if you don't go, don't moan your point is useless because you'll base it upon what you read in the papers or from 20 seconds highlights on the telly. Not doing this to have a pop but for people to rally behind the club, OUR CLUB. Let's take the fight right to the end. COYL.

• January 19, 2015 at 18:22

@nocalves: All this 'losing the dressing room' is code for ' the players do not want to do as they are told'
        We all know what happens when you stick your middle finger up at the boss, you get your P45....and that is what is happening now

Well done Ollie, carry on regardless

• January 19, 2015 at 19:10

@nocalves: I think he has just added to the confusion - if they are bad apples, get them out. He's sung the praises of all of the names in the frame at some time this season, now we are deep in a rut - it's all their fault. I'm not saying there aren't some no marks at the club, but at no stage has he admitted that he has got anything wrong when it's patently obvious by the results and the noises coming out of the club that he has. If like JB, in the last year, I had just paid someone a million pound (Holloway), backed him in the transfer market, seen attendances plummet then blame everything and everyone else I'd have something to say.

• January 19, 2015 at 20:20

@Adsy77777: Read the article with Ambler saying about changing the team around this coming summer, it's been wrote on here that they thought they'd get thru to the end of the season and stay up and then rebuild but circumstances have meant it's had to happen sooner rather than later, as I've said repeatedly this goes a whole lot deeper than IH, most things said on here are subject to conjecture anyway, we all need to stop bitching and moaning and get behind the team, the attendances have been on the wain for several years now even from towards the end of KJ's reign.

• January 19, 2015 at 21:04

@nocalves: Sorry mate, but 'they would say that, wouldn't they'. It's my opinion that the agenda has changed to explain the reality, rather than being the plan all along. Even if we are to believe it was the plan; you'd have to admit; it's not much of a plan. I continue to attend and get behind my team and I accept that it looks highly unlikely that Ollie will go whatever the outcome. We are all entitled to our opinion and mine is that Holloway has yet to justify the money he has cost and the loyalty and faith that he has received. I sincerely hope you're right and I'm wrong.

• January 19, 2015 at 18:25

Us fans have watched Millwall for years ...this last year has been as bad as any year ...we are rubbish with 2 wins in 23 games ..worse than any Millwall team I can remember....the players are fed up with Ollies tactics and so are the fans....he blames everything but himself.....its bloody obvious hes rubbish...what the hell has he done in 19 years as a manager and why does he keep changing clubs....not because hes a winner is it ? get rid of him before he takes us into Div 2...if it looks like an idiot ,talks like an idiot and walks like an idiot then its an idiot the man is an idiot ..

• January 19, 2015 at 22:43

@nocalves:
        sorry to say i think almost ALL the problems are holloways, why did Bulpin go? didnt holloway sing his praises saying he would tell the players some home truths, then suddenly he is gone! rumours that holloway has had a fight at the training ground, and that discipline has gone from his assistant !!!! every game different players and different formations ! no wonder the players are fuc#ed off! as se17 said if there are bad apples. get rid, but all holloway has done is praise them, dunne made captain, we all knew he made a rod!! shittu IS millwall, then drops him. BUT he is here for the season, so i want to be wrong, been a supporter for 55 years, dont know how i have lasted so long!!!! COYL..............

• January 20, 2015 at 10:13

@rowanonthewing7: Bloody hell, this all started several years ago, why oh why cannot some people see that. Who knows why Bulpin left, whatever is said NONE of us know the truth!.
          The players you refer to are some of the ones who have played a major part in putting us where we are.
          The problem really started when Wood was here on loan, we offered him a wage that would smash the then wage structure apart, nose's were put out of joint big time, KJ kept it going for as long as he could but the damage was done, when Lomas came in and went and signed some big wage earners the petrol was thrown onto the flames and this has made it into the situation we're in now. He has in mind to rid 20 of the 24 players out of contract but it's been brought forward as it's now pretty clear that they do not want to play for him...Dunne, Forde, are amongst them, if he changed it all last summer, these notice boards would be full of what a t*** he was, doesn't know what he's doing, the other thing is what has AA and JB got in place what have the told him to do. Shittu is a great bloke and I would love to see him stay in some capacity but he is too old to keep up with the continuous rigours of modern championship football. IH isn't causing these all the internal problems but he is trying to deal with them, hence the 8 changes Saturday and the massive changes on going in this transfer windows.

• January 19, 2015 at 18:50

Hey I just think managing Wall with the squad we have and the financial resources available must be incredibly difficult. Results have been poor and Oli has to take a lot of the blame for that however I find it hard to believe that if we sack him now JB would be able to get someone in who would magically turn it around. At the end of the day any manager would struggle at our club and I'm glad JB is giving the manager time to turn things around make signings etc.
    A 3-1 loss to Ipswich is never a good result, however those are not the games to keep us up.
    We need to look at Reading, Leeds, Rotheram, Huddersfield as the one to pick up the points to keep us in the division.
    I think we can do it

• January 19, 2015 at 19:19

Sometimes a manager/player does not fit at a certain club for what ever reason. I thought IH was going to do ok with us. Iam not going to s.lag him off any more because we all keep saying the same things on here every week and I cant be bothered to repeat myself again. He should know his stuff as he has been in the game long enough,so he is either no good,mad as a box of frogs,clueless,unlucky or he just does not fit. Ill stick with the latter because its not working for the guy and I dont think it ever will.

• January 19, 2015 at 22:07

Good words by Holloway but in the summer he made massive errors. The only problem is that I cannot think of anyone better to replace him at the moment...