Holloway: Millwall prepared for every scenario at Bradford

IAN Holloway has prepared Millwall for "every scenario" ahead of their FA Cup third round replay against Bradford City tonight.

The sides drew 3-3 at The Den 11 days ago and the tie will go to extra time and possibly penalties if they are deadlocked again at Valley Parade.

The winner will face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in round four.

"This is a one-off game and we've prepared for every scenario," Holloway said.

"We've got to go out there and prove ourselves.

"The lads are right up for it – they've been bright in training this week but that doesn't count for anything yet.

"It's hard to remember the last time we won and we need to get that feeling back somehow."

Assessing his selection options, Holloway added: "I can only select from the squad of players that were eligible the first time we played them.

"But I can add Lee Gregory because he's fit this time so that will strengthen us.

"I've got to pick a team that has some confidence and we've talked about a change of shape to help our lads."

Striker Ricardo Fuller will be included in the squad after he apologised for gesturing to supporters at Blackpool on Saturday.

"We've got to stick together, work hard and make sure everybody's up for it," Holloway said.

"Ric's made a mistake but I've got to play him again so let's stick with him. It's about passion and I need to see that from everybody.

"Hopefully we'll start to see things changing because they need to.

"I feel for the supporters but this is my livelihood and I'm hurting just as much as they are."

47 thoughts on “Holloway: Millwall prepared for every scenario at Bradford

• January 14, 2015 at 09:28

Change of shape?
    Are we going to see a 442 tonight? I bloody well hope so.
    Good luck Millwall.

• January 14, 2015 at 09:35

@NICKOLA: Is unfortunate but he'll go 3-5-2 and rest Nelson. Dunne, Shittu and Beevers. We won't play 4-4-2 regularly under Holloway, think he's made that very clear.

• January 14, 2015 at 13:01

@jacke94: I think we will once he has the players he wants

• January 14, 2015 at 18:08

@NICKOLA: if we're prepared for every scenario to me that sounds like we cannot possibly lose.

Because if we do Ollie that would suggest there was a scenario you didnt anticipate.

Hate to be negative but I see Bradford winning this 2-1 or 2-0

Safe trip to those traveling up and hopefully a wall victory.

• January 14, 2015 at 09:29

Really want you to do well with us but you do talk nonsense.
    You could never be hurting as much as us. Your on close to a million pound a year and this contract at Millwall alone will set you and your family up forever more so less of the livelihood talk.
    Shame that we can't use the Hoff tonight but at least gregory is back.

• January 14, 2015 at 09:43

@wall2wall: I agree he talks so much s*** in the past and why should anybody believe him..he needs to talk less and do more imh opion

• January 14, 2015 at 10:26

@peter2545:
        Yeah, less chat and more action.
        Starting with a memorable win tonight and the rewards that will follow.
        Come on Holloway. Get us going. 3-2 victory for me Pete.

• January 14, 2015 at 10:38

@wall2wall: Memorable game tonight it is a 1st division club whats memorable about that.

• January 14, 2015 at 11:35

@baz2262:
            Because a victory tonight will mean that we will be playing a team that I have wanted to play for years.
            The prospect of that fixture is massive for me personally so it will be a memorable victory for me if not for yourself.

Comments are closed.

You must have an active subscription to view further comments and leave your own.