Holloway: Millwall prepared for every scenario at Bradford

IAN Holloway has prepared Millwall for "every scenario" ahead of their FA Cup third round replay against Bradford City tonight.

The sides drew 3-3 at The Den 11 days ago and the tie will go to extra time and possibly penalties if they are deadlocked again at Valley Parade.

The winner will face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in round four.

"This is a one-off game and we've prepared for every scenario," Holloway said.

"We've got to go out there and prove ourselves.

"It's hard to remember the last time we won and we need to get that feeling back somehow."

Assessing his selection options, Holloway added: "I can only select from the squad of players that were eligible the first time we played them.

"But I can add Lee Gregory because he's fit this time so that will strengthen us.

"I've got to pick a team that has some confidence and we've talked about a change of shape to help our lads."

Striker Ricardo Fuller will be included in the squad after he apologised for gesturing to supporters at Blackpool on Saturday.

"We've got to stick together, work hard and make sure everybody's up for it," Holloway said.

"Ric's made a mistake but I've got to play him again so let's stick with him. It's about passion and I need to see that from everybody.

"Hopefully we'll start to see things changing because they need to.

"I feel for the supporters but this is my livelihood and I'm hurting just as much as they are."

47 thoughts on “Holloway: Millwall prepared for every scenario at Bradford

• January 14, 2015 at 09:28

Change of shape?
    Are we going to see a 442 tonight? I bloody well hope so.
    Good luck Millwall.

• January 14, 2015 at 09:35

@NICKOLA: Is unfortunate but he'll go 3-5-2 and rest Nelson. Dunne, Shittu and Beevers. We won't play 4-4-2 regularly under Holloway, think he's made that very clear.

• January 14, 2015 at 18:08

@NICKOLA: if we're prepared for every scenario to me that sounds like we cannot possibly lose.

Because if we do Ollie that would suggest there was a scenario you didnt anticipate.

Hate to be negative but I see Bradford winning this 2-1 or 2-0

Safe trip to those traveling up and hopefully a wall victory.

• January 14, 2015 at 09:29

Really want you to do well with us but you do talk nonsense.
    You could never be hurting as much as us. Your on close to a million pound a year and this contract at Millwall alone will set you and your family up forever more so less of the livelihood talk.
    Shame that we can't use the Hoff tonight but at least gregory is back.

• January 14, 2015 at 09:43

@wall2wall: I agree he talks so much s*** in the past and why should anybody believe him..he needs to talk less and do more imh opion

• January 14, 2015 at 10:26

@peter2545:
        Yeah, less chat and more action.
        Starting with a memorable win tonight and the rewards that will follow.
        Come on Holloway. Get us going. 3-2 victory for me Pete.

• January 14, 2015 at 10:38

@wall2wall: Memorable game tonight it is a 1st division club whats memorable about that.

• January 14, 2015 at 11:35

@baz2262:
            Because a victory tonight will mean that we will be playing a team that I have wanted to play for years.
            The prospect of that fixture is massive for me personally so it will be a memorable victory for me if not for yourself.

• January 14, 2015 at 09:30

Oh look, ollie has a great idea, he's going to change the shape!!! Will he finally go for 4-4-2. Let's vote, likes say he will, dislikes say he won't.

• January 14, 2015 at 09:31

"The lads are right up for it – they've been bright in training this week but that doesn't count for anything yet." - It's shame they are not like that before every League game Olly. I believe Gregory will get on the score sheet a couple of times tonight along with Fuller who will try even harder after last weekend's outburst. Just got to keep it tight at the back and defend in numbers against those bloody set-pieces

• January 14, 2015 at 09:39

In all honesty, I don't think it matters how we set up and play tonight. The FA will send a ref that will favour Bradford and I wouldn't be surprised if we have a man sent off tonight of a penalty given against us.
    Let's face it, Chelsea vs Millwall is the FA's and MET's worst nightmare.
    Good luck to the players and fans going tonight.

• January 14, 2015 at 09:44

@Syd the Lion: agree on everything you said syd. I'd love a crack at Chelsea but in all honesty the score would be a lottery number. Not sure I could take the embarrassment

• January 14, 2015 at 09:54

I admit that when ollie joined I was all in favour, but I'm struggling to understand what he is doing. When he first came he had to do a quick fix hence the long ball game and bags of aggression. It worked and we stayed in the championship. So far this season we have the biggest squad and the players are all over the place. Too many players out of contract so that must have affected them. Now we have the hoff back, a good thing imo, we will get back to the long ball game to save us again. That's about all we have to look forward too

• January 14, 2015 at 09:57

@Syd the Lion: agree with you as well,just hope for a proper Millwall performance still with the refs we get doesn't matter what we do,safe journey to fans coming up I will be there only have to come from Accrington weather lovely and sunny at the moment looking forward to a good curry and victory

• January 14, 2015 at 10:10

@Syd the Lion: It's a bit far to say there is an FA vendetta against Millwall. I agree the police won't fancy a Millwall v Chelsea tie, and that we do often get on the wrong side of dodgy refereeing, but to have that attitude lined up as an excuse before the match is hardly going to help is it?

Lots of people on here are becoming like Mourinho and suggesting there's a 'campaign' against Millwall rather than accepting we often just play terribly...

• January 14, 2015 at 10:28

@jenks4: I'll look forward to your response tomorrow after the official's have fu#ked us over (again)!

• January 14, 2015 at 14:12

That is unfair to say that we got the excuses ready already, when have we ever had a ref in a big game that has done us any favours,,,,,,,er....er..errrr ucking NEVER@jenks4:

• January 14, 2015 at 17:51

@terry the turk lion: maybe not a big game but we got to retake a penalty (Peterborough?) twice until we managed to score it a few years back.

• January 14, 2015 at 19:58

@jenks4: player sent off in the first 6 minutes on a first offence! Recon syd won that bet maye

• January 14, 2015 at 09:43

He does talk s**t.
    `I feel for supporters` ??
    If he did he would of gone a while back.

• January 14, 2015 at 09:45

"Ian Holloway has prepared Millwall for "every scenario" ahead of their FA Cup third round replay against Bradford City tonight".
    Does that mean defeat as well, and a life of Football is not for him?
    Thus paving the way for a leading role in Wonka and the Chocolate factory? ***

Come on Holloway and the lads, pull this one out of the bag tonight, we could all do
    with a lift and some good fortune!
    COYL!!!!

• January 14, 2015 at 10:05

@lowdown: You know when your a wall supporter before the game you think I fancy us to win! Well I have had that a few times this season and we have usually lost, again I do think we will win tonight! I've got to believe that surely otherwise I might as well call it a day forever. I'm to much a wall fan to do that it's more than just football for me, it's being part of the Millwall family and the fun you can have when things are going right, which of late has been very rare , we are unique supporters in that we are a dieing breed, in this money infested game

• January 14, 2015 at 09:55

Prepared!!! That will make a change!! I'm afraid other managers are always more prepared than you are, they have been able to read you like a book!! you really need to pick the same team twice and drop Dunne!!!

• January 14, 2015 at 09:56

Tonight will be a big test of the general character within the squad. Surely they will get their s*** together and finallly perform in a game with such a prize for the match winner?? Sadly if it's the opposites, I believe it will be a big indicator of the lack of mental strength and desire amongst the group, and if they can't get fired up for a big fa cup game how can they get fired up for a relegation battle??? I'd like to see Gueye, Gregory and Fullers names on the starting team sheet tonight, we'll see...

• January 14, 2015 at 09:59

IH says that he Can't remember the last time we won? FFS what a f****** stupid comment.

• January 14, 2015 at 10:03

Why is the Hof ineligible? He hasn't played in the FA Cup this season - Cummings was on the bench for Reading in the last round but didn't come on - I didn't think that would make him ineligible?

• January 14, 2015 at 10:11

@Rae of Light:
      i think that the players had to be registered with us when the first game was played!

• January 14, 2015 at 10:52

@rowanonthewing7: That's right. Only the players who were registered for the last game can play in the replay. Cummings, Hoff etc. can play in the next round

• January 14, 2015 at 10:13

Cant be bothered to comment on what he says, all he needs to do is win 1 f***** game tonight and maybe that could give us some pride in the team they are playing for, and get a few wins in the league the Chelsea game wont alter our league position.

• January 14, 2015 at 10:18

What he means is they worked on eleven different formations and shape for our eleven players. Confuse them even more!

• January 14, 2015 at 10:23

Lol change of shape!! This man kills me every game i really am wondering wat the fu@k he's gona do tonight! Reckon there's a strong possibility he may well go 6-4-0!

• January 14, 2015 at 10:24

So where prepared for going 2;0 again before we start to chase the game also conceding from set pieces and Forde turning in a dismal display and Fuller playing another crap game .
    Yes hes covered all Aspects of another day to remember under Holloway
    FT 3;1.

• January 14, 2015 at 10:32

He is trying another formation? the 20+ formation change this season...just play 4-4-2, keep to the same core of players and change when we have an injury, build confidence and dismiss any uncertainty and doubt which is evident to see in every game! I have not seen any other team change so many players (Except Forest, but that is due to injuries!). I feel that this may be one of his last 3 games if he does not stop the rot!!

• January 14, 2015 at 10:54

Let's be positive people. We've had a rough few weeks but Holloway is signing the players we need now. Bradford are in good form in their division and in reality only a few places below us, so it will be a tough one. But I reckon we will win on penalties.

• January 14, 2015 at 11:09

Bywater has just been released which hopefully means that we will be getting a new goalkeeper to challenge Forde. Forde has been 1 of our poorest players this season imo.

Hoping for a win tonight more to help boost morale to affect the league form rather than the prospect of playing chelski

• January 14, 2015 at 11:24

@whiteliont: Totally agree. Forde needs a rest to sort his head out like he did that season Maik Taylor was brought in. To be honest I'm not a big fan of his keeping. It might have been a blessing in disguise if he had left in the summer but is didn't happen so there we are

• January 14, 2015 at 11:29

Dare i say this , but as much as want Millwall to win every game , i dont want us to go to chelsea to be totally annihilated which would be the case , we were an embarrassment at blackpool, prefer still to take the p**s out of the chelsea w***ers for 95, with Keller, Rae & co , such fond memories

• January 14, 2015 at 17:59

@Jingles: likely outcome of playing Chelsea is a heavy defeat.

But think about it we will get a lot of money from the tie to spend on another player and we've already been thrashed and embarrassed by borough and Norwich.

I would rather we play them even if it is 10-0. (God I hope we keep it respectable) it's been 20 years since we played them!!!

• January 14, 2015 at 12:02

the formation should always be 4-4-2 give the players a chance to play...forget trying to be Mourinho and keep it simple Fuller needs a 2nd striker Forde needs a settled back 4 and the players need to play knowing theyre not gonna be dropped the next match.....its simple really ...our players confidence is rock bottom because Ollie keeps messing about.....Personally I cant wait for Ollie to go ..hes making a laughing stock of our team and hes getting 20 grand a week

• January 14, 2015 at 13:07

I'm sorry but did I miss the public apology from fuller I did read that he apologised to holloway for his actions, nit matter how much passion you do not gesture or swear at your employers, the same way I wouldn't boo my employees off the pitch, I feel tonight will decided our season it will be the turning point and hopefully it will be in the eight direction, a good cup run after beating chelski and a rise in the league I am not even thinking about the other option....coyl

• January 14, 2015 at 14:58

@jcmfc1967: Fuller showed some massive disrespect for the fans on Saturday. In his defence, there wasn't much respect from some of those fans towards him. Sounds like everyone let frustration get the better of them on Saturday. He has apologised, so let's draw a line under it and let's get a win tonight. If we do win it will most likely be him who scores because no-one else is getting the goals are they?