99 thoughts on “Highlights: Blackpool 1-0 Millwall

• January 11, 2015 at 18:02

I have been reading lots of postings about IH and Millwall in general. At the moment we are a poor side and we can Thank IH for some crazy signings and bad team selection. Wr all knoe Marquis in at Norwich not on Sub bench fir Bournemouth yhen noe on loan at Gills. This guy ss lost the plot. He said he wants to stop the rot so let Malone go who is 24 and bring in Harding who is 31 great signing. He brings bsck the Hoff who is just a big lump not an out and out goalscorer another great signing to get us out of the relegation battle. Also being linkef with Church who according to a friend of mine who is a season ticket holder at Charlton told me he is pretty useless. However we can keep posting what we feel but it is only JB or AA who will ask IH to jog on. We need to vote with our feet and not go to matches and maybe he may listen. As for Fuller sack him. We need Charlie and the chocolate joker out sooner rather than later or we will be back in league one next season. His formations are bad snd also his team selection is also inconsistent.

• January 11, 2015 at 12:30

Ford you need to get a grip of your life !!!!

• January 11, 2015 at 12:53

@cmj23: could not get to Blackpool just seen goal what the hell was Forde doing,wasn't only him the rest were rubbish

• January 11, 2015 at 22:03

@thecolumbusblock: We lost to Blackpool, if the team played good we wouldn't have lost. I still think Holloway can turn it around if he signs a few players, but if we lose to Bradford on wednesday then i don't think he will get the chance.

• January 12, 2015 at 07:32

@thecolumbusblock: that's true,was just felt a bit down posted before really thought about it stand by the goal though will think first next time,be at Bradford Wednesday night

• January 11, 2015 at 12:32

The time has come to get rid of IH. Has anyone spotted what a half decent manager can do to a team in disarray like Birmingham....rock bottom to play off contenders in a couple of months. IH has had a year and he has made us much, much worse. Blackpool are no better than a pub team and they still beat us.

• January 11, 2015 at 14:27

@tallchap18: Too true mate,trouble is no body at Millwall can make a tough decision.

• January 11, 2015 at 17:12

@tallchap18: Totally agree time for IH to go, cannot understand all the dislikes for your opinion, how can anyone still believe Holloway is a good manager?

• January 11, 2015 at 12:35

HIGHLIGHTS , you having a laugh , what are they our poor defending or missing the the big thing that is called a goal, or maybe its fuller telling our fans whom travel miles to f--k off , please do me favour

• January 11, 2015 at 12:36

Not forgetting Lennon at Bolton and Hughton at Brighton.

• January 11, 2015 at 12:39

Arsenal want £1.75m for Afobie and wolves are in talks with him.

• January 11, 2015 at 13:03

Just watched this question Ford should have stopped the goal with his legs also some bloody highlights did not see one shot from us Oh that's the norm now CRAP get rid of most of this squad and get a couple of decent signings and bring in the youngsters can't see us beating the drop again this year we need a miricle

• January 12, 2015 at 08:34

@kell: How many times as that been said this season still no action.Might as well talk to ourselves.I honestly think they want to go down.

• January 11, 2015 at 13:09

I know I've asked before Aldo but is there any chance of getting highlights from other sources because these don't reflect the game. Maybe millwall could let u hav there's.

• January 11, 2015 at 14:43

@block 28: even with North korea style editing they cannot produce highlights to suggest Millwall playing well.

• January 11, 2015 at 13:16

What happened to woolford header which was cleared of the line.a handball in the area.and all the other shots at goal...didn't show the reason why they got a freekick..

• January 11, 2015 at 14:07

@Jim28: Just got back to London, stayed overnight, Jim28, there was no Booze sold in the away end of the ground. So had a few be vies later! Poor performance by this team, that's Polite ! ( NOLU, WDC ).

• January 11, 2015 at 13:21

Wtfwt - what the f.u.c.k was that ???
    Highlights haha according to match reports we had 16 odd attempts at goal and had a half decent 2nd half.
    David Forde oh dear. Had to watch that a couple times as I thought he was taking a dump.
    2015 and it feels like it's gonna be one he'll of a s.h.i.t yr for us.
    The team with the worse defensive record in the division manages a clean sheet against us - the 2nd worse defensive record - we have to fall sooner or later we just can't keep relying on last day hand outs and hope for a wall team leader to offer words of wisdom it just ain't gonna happen this time it's now or never if we're to pull out of the s.h.i.t we're stuck in.
    Can someone pls tell me what our record is this season with and without Alan Dunne as I have a sneaky feeling we've gained more points without him.
    Hope I'm right and if so I hope the penny drops sooner rather than later Mr Holloway that we're a much more calm and relaxed team without him.

• January 11, 2015 at 14:19

@lukesmithmfc: dunne has 15 points beevers 17. Webster 13 from 12 games. Shittu 7. Nelson 0. Pretty appalling all round.

• January 11, 2015 at 13:40

What we learned against Blackpool.
    Sack the f****** lot of em,taking money under false pretenses.

• January 11, 2015 at 13:52

According to twitter, Millwall have signed a right back from Reading. Shaun Cummings...

• January 11, 2015 at 13:57

Just witing for wet spam to send over the plane saying "Holloway wet spam legend "

• January 11, 2015 at 14:04

Go get uwe rossler,young with good ideas,cant be any worse than the joke that is there now.

• January 11, 2015 at 14:34

@LETEMCOME: Good shout.I wanted him instead of IH.What have we got to lose ? WE ARE GOING DOWN WITH THIS CLOWN IN CHARGE.

• January 11, 2015 at 14:33

i am fking sick of this sack of sh1t

• January 11, 2015 at 14:40

Surely the time has come for Firde too be dropped? Or is he one of the invincibles with Dunne and Fuller? Have a bad game but still get in the team for the following game!

• January 11, 2015 at 14:46

I wouldn't play that bk 4 and comical goalkeeper in a pub team! I'm losing more n more interest in football and this club needs to go bk to basics! 442 and long ball if need be! Pretty football doesn't win games!

And manager wise get Andy hessenthaler in or Peter Taylor anything but this clown!

We're down let's face it! We need a miracle but it's not going to happen! He's obviously lost the dressing room! The starting 11 yesterday was a joke! Everyone can see it!

• January 11, 2015 at 14:53

Always get some c*** disliking it! Must be some f****** moron from another club!

• January 11, 2015 at 15:19

@millwalltel: I'm with ya mate, holloway should be sacked for just picking that team yesterday, also for letting new signing paris get injured knowing we had such a big game coming up, ie need 3pts so just p*** off you clown now.

• January 11, 2015 at 16:10

@foxy: cheers! He's gotta go it's lauhable what he's doing!

• January 11, 2015 at 15:20

How Forde has the nerve to call himself a goalkeeper after letting in that goal is a mystery

• January 11, 2015 at 16:38

@foxy: He's only Ireland's #1 keeper because there isn't another Irish keeper who is first choice for their club in the top two divisions (I think that's right but correct me if I'm wrong). He is totally unreliable and has phases where he is utter pony (like now)

• January 11, 2015 at 17:23

@junkmale: I understand mate, and bowls about like he f@@king top class keeper, well he's not in my opinion.

• January 11, 2015 at 18:02

@foxy: being an international means nothing,you can be an international for San Marino all it means is that you are the best around at the time available to play for your country.he should never have got an extension,Celtic wanted him my a***.

• January 11, 2015 at 15:22

This season seems to be mirroring the season we dropped out of the old div 1, we started off ok had a few games where we were the better side but narrowly lost, to hardly getting another point. The thing is once you go on a loosing streak you get the losing mentality where you have lost before you even get on the pitch, sound familiar ? I really can't see us pulling out of this dive, the players have lost all confidence the manager has run out of ideas and does not seem able to inspire anyone, we have a captain who is incapable of carrying out that role, who was only a bit player under KJ in his correct position but is now automatic choice in an unfamiliar position ahead of several specialists. Summer can not come quick enough and personally I think the drop would be better for us as this is like a slow agonising death.

• January 11, 2015 at 15:42

Forde seems to be getting worse each week, I think we need to ride this wave no point getting rid of holloway as we wouldn't get anyone better, we know what he can do once he gets rid of the players he doesn't want and gets in the ones he wants we will move up the table, I don't think we will go down I said at the start we would finish mid table and I still believe that we will, obviously all the players are as frustrated as us by fuller's reaction but he shouldn't be doing that

• January 11, 2015 at 19:29

@jcmfc1967: I am definitely worried, but to be honest Holloway inherited a very poor quad. What Jackett left wasn't up to much and had struggled to stay up, and what Lomas brought in was largely not good enough (I would make an exception for Martin and McDonald, who are at least trying their best). Holloway has had try and get these players to perform but he made a strategic mistake by announcing they will all be released when their contracts are up. A second mistake has been making Dunne, who is probably the worst defender in the squad, captain, which means he has to play. Having said all that, with the players he has brought in and hopefully the ones to come, I believe we can survive.

• January 11, 2015 at 15:47

I have been supporting the team for 30 years and have held a season ticket for 25 of them. In all that time (good and bad) this is by far the worst I have felt about my beloved Millwall so much so that I now dread going. It should not be like this as I am both a fan and a supporter (ie I support the team through thick and thin) but the thin seems to have been going on for far too long. We have had several seasons of dross it this hear seams worse than ever. I don't want to get relegated (obviously) but don't think we can compete in this league so need something radical to sort us out.

Holloway does not (much to my disappointment as I was optimistic when we got him) to seem to be the man to sort us out. He says things that sound right but his actions do not match up to them. Drop players who get. Caught out time and time again, stick with a team with players playing in their positions, if players don't want to play for us...get rid. Simple.

• January 11, 2015 at 18:07

@tallchap18: Very good post. "...need something radical to sort us out": I just wonder if this radical thing to get us up is the need to go down.

• January 11, 2015 at 17:07

Wolves agreed fee with arsenal for afobe it just gets better and better

• January 11, 2015 at 17:26

@cmj23: now he's off to wolves the ginger clown can now chase simon church ffs help.

• January 11, 2015 at 18:25

@foxy: gutted about afobe. On the bright side church won't be coming otherwise he'd be here already. Noticed Chelsea forward Islam feruz couldn't agree loan to cardiff maybe worth a punt. Problem is where do you start ? I know ollie don't exactly deserve money to spend but he's here and needs to. He's already said that if he needs to spend jb will give him the funds. A decent young striker is obviously needed but so is defenders and a keeper and a young winger. It's been said that pringle didn't sign due to length of contract offered. we offered a yr less than he was looking for, if that's the case then go back and give it to him who knows we may even be in a position to get some decent money for him if he keeps improving the way he is. I hope this don't prove another frustrating window we've had too many in the past. If we have a mil to spend on a striker then we need to get it done. Go back in for wood and smith, Doyle, Walsall's Tom Bradshaw 22 yrs old or Preston's Joe Garner 26 Yrs Old There's Players out there I'm not saying we ain't looking at them but we need to Make bids for players they're all at a good age.
        It's early doors this window but we're desperate now. Maybe club need to make some honest realistic decisions about where we're going in terms of what division we'll be in next season and get players in accordingly. Proper mess we find ourselves in which could have been sorted in the summer.

• January 11, 2015 at 18:47

@lukesmithmfc: Agree with most of that Luke. Problem is that it's too late. Nobody is going to want to sign for us with League one pending. The time for these signings was 3 months ago. I knew it, you knew it, we all knew it. The issue is that the people in charge at Millwall didn't and that goes hand in hand with how Millwall is run. A total crock of excrement.

• January 11, 2015 at 19:31

@lukesmithmfc: great post can't disagree with anything you said or those players you've mentioned, I just wish for once we would spend big and try and claw back the fans that don't want to come.

• January 11, 2015 at 18:00

Paid good money to watch that piece of shee-ite abuse the fans, to watch another soft goal, to watch an inconsistent side drop to an orange shower of p7ss. Then IH says he will deal with it like he's got our best interests at heart...,.do me and the fan base a favour and shut the hole under your nose Ollie and listen to experienced supporters that see the match from a different perspective. WE WANT A CONSISTENT TEAM SELECTION THAT WORKS. When I was taken into another dept to help create an more efficient team of operatives it took me 4 months....same principle and point!!!
    JB must see this surely, please please can someone give us some reassurance and work with the lads to play as Millwall for their wage!

• January 11, 2015 at 18:45

Gotta blame Holloway for the starting 11 ! Especially Fuller, he is a 30 minute player second half!!! not starting, should have started Hoff and Greggs straight from the off. I'm starting to think of conspiracy now . Surely he can't be that thick. I'm Truely baffled again as he has been making strange selections from the start of the season

• January 11, 2015 at 19:18

@ LETEMCOME and LONGFIELD LION : so you both don't want holloway fair enough,but what I don't get is you both want ROSSLER as his replacement . This bloke failed miserably at Wigan in this division last season when he had far better players at his disposal ( most were in the premier) and a far,far bigger budget than millwall, so what makes you think he would be the answer.

• January 11, 2015 at 19:57

@bordersarebest0170: Not saying he would be the answer.Just that we need something different and somebody that may play a settled side,players in correct positions etc.
      As I have said before - anybody would do at the moment ,because as it is with this Manager we ARE GOING DOWN.
      So what have we got to lose by changing.

• January 11, 2015 at 19:25

I know one we will see a different starting 11 this week.....haha

• January 11, 2015 at 19:32

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a sneaky feeling about the cup? I dont mean that we win it - but if we beat Bradford, that something mental might happen at Chelsea.. like actually beating them - and it being the catalyst for us to climb the league and a run that gets us right up there towards the playoffs... Anyone else feeling that? I have had a beer - I wont lie, but it could happen, right?
    That said - whilst my heart and the beer are saying good things are just round the corner for us, my brain is laughing at me - chanting "6 nil, 6 nil" (and I know my brain dont mean Chelsea, its talking about Bradford!)
    Got tickets for the game on sat against Ipswich -their top scorer has 17 or so goals this season... so... looking forward to that. like my 8 year old said to me after the boro nightmare, desperate for a silver lining and referring to the five smashed past us - "well, at least we got to see somebody score". what a desperately sad thing for a kid to say about their team. Liven up Ollie and sort this out!

• January 11, 2015 at 19:48

@Mullwall: Love your optimism Mullwall, honestly I think Bradford are very capable of beating this team and in many respects I'd rather we did not have the distraction of the cup when we are facing so many issues with the squad and the League. I think it will be carnage in our defense if we play Chelski, I'd rather avoid that embarrassment.

• January 11, 2015 at 19:52

@Mullwall: you really are deluded we are going to get stuffed by Bradford this week and by Ipswich on Saturday.

Go on prove me wrong ....... Please I beg you ;-)

• January 11, 2015 at 20:05

@Mullwall: I think it probably is just you and there's a good chance your beers been spiked!

Still loving the optimistic post, not many of those around at the moment.

Be about 15/1 for us to win at Chelsea

• January 11, 2015 at 20:58

@ LONGFIELD LION : well holloway is on a 4year contract so you ask what have we got to lose by replacing him, my answer to that is a hell of a lot of money in contract settlement and absolutely no guarantee that we won't be doing the same with his replacement ,cos the next man inherits all the same problems this bloke has, so I say stick with him.

• January 11, 2015 at 21:19

Everyone is blaming Forde for bad keeping please remember he has a different back four every week A good keeper needs a settled back four.Please ih select consistent sides!!!

• January 11, 2015 at 21:50

@Basset
      Basset,if he had four schoolboy's as his back four on sat ,he should have just walked and picked that weak header up.
      There is no excuse for him letting that ball past him. NONE AT ALL.

• January 11, 2015 at 22:15

@Bassett: oh come on he's f****** s*** and has been for at least two seasons , he's a shot stopper at best.

• January 11, 2015 at 21:22

I do not want Ollie out, it will come good, but there is an ex Millwall striker looking for a job I hear.

• January 11, 2015 at 21:57

@lennie the lion
      Lennie do not keep us in suspense ,is it claridge,i hope so becuse he would show more fight than Fuller.

• January 11, 2015 at 22:17

OK lennie i have just fell in ,im a bit thick of late.

• January 11, 2015 at 21:46

Bob peters just got sacked ... Bet he is a little p***** haha

• January 11, 2015 at 21:54

cmj23
      there is no reasoning within football ,we have a pillock who will be kept on and most probably take us down and we will keep him on.
      Charlton have a manager who has done well and they sack him, just does not make sense.

• January 11, 2015 at 21:57

@cmj23: Saw that just now. Funny thing is this-
      Only one league win in the last 12 have left Charlton 14th in the table, 10 points off the play-off places.
      The club confirmed that the contracts of development coach Patrick Van Houdt and performance analyst Guy Kiala have also been terminated.
      Confirming the news, Charlton's website said: "The club would like to thank the trio for their efforts and a further statement will be made in due course."
      The Addicks are the 13th Championship club to change their manager this term.

• January 11, 2015 at 22:17

@NICKOLA: Charlton unhappy to be 14th sack the manager. Millwall 22nd no change, go figure.

• January 11, 2015 at 22:27

@NICKOLA: That's just fkin ridiculous. Might give JB food for thought though?

• January 11, 2015 at 22:26

f*** it lets all meet up in the blue anchor for a p*** up with jim28 bushwacker14 block28 jim the cabby nickola luke storming millwall builder, f*** me I've lost track of everyone, if your up for it I'll be there.

• January 11, 2015 at 22:55

So Charlton right or wrong have the gumption to sack their manager,come on Millwall board have the same courage and fire Holloway. It will cost the club more in the long run rather than pay him off now.

• January 11, 2015 at 23:33

every post ends up the same no confidence in manager no confidence in players why don't we do an ebbsfleet buy out the club and pick the team every week see how many changes are made and what results are like every week ha ha

• January 12, 2015 at 00:41

Belgium Bob been released by the Anoraks......

• January 12, 2015 at 07:48

See the papers reporting Lecister want 5 million for Woods what chance do we have of getting decent players when our record transfer fee is 800k and how many years ago.

we just can't compete we are only going to get cheap rejects

• January 12, 2015 at 08:27

Name 1 good signing by Holloway oh yes 1 Edwards .

• January 12, 2015 at 08:45

@millwallse16: he isn't playing them but Upson and Gregory are good signings, both very talented footballers and Championship standard.

• January 12, 2015 at 08:53

@glyngo: true.it is strange when edwards come in 8 games no defeats, start of season looking good he get injured it all falls apart.

• January 12, 2015 at 08:47

I also quite like the look of Martinez but again only recently getting a game before getting injured.

• January 12, 2015 at 10:30

@MILLWALL16: WILLIAMS, UPSON, EDWARDS,GREGORY, MAGGIE , WILKINSON, and maybe PARIS. You ask to name 1 good player holloway has signed, well they are all good in my opinion at this level, and and I spose you could add SID as he has drafted him in. The manager needs to sort out a settled way of playing and keep a settled side I think that's the problem, the players I've mentioned are quite decent championship players .

• January 12, 2015 at 10:32

the reason we won't rid of Ollie is that the gound is worth more then the club that want jb looking at

• January 12, 2015 at 14:23

Lost the dressing room, even the players must think he is clueless.