Holloway will "deal with" Millwall striker after gesture

© Millwall FCle

IAN Holloway says he will "deal with" Ricardo Fuller after the striker gestured to Millwall fans during Saturday's defeat at Blackpool.

Fuller was booed after missing a chance and appeared to respond by sticking up two fingers at the away end.

That prompted a further backlash from the travelling supporters and when the Jamaican was substituted, he reacted again.

And Holloway said: "I don't know what he said or what he did but I've spoken to him about it and so have the Millwall players who've been here a long time.

"We've got to stick together so Riccy has got to learn that that's unacceptable in any way, shape or form.

"He feels he was trying so hard and obviously he didn't mean to hit the ball over the bar. He couldn't have tried any harder and he's an aggressive person.

"But that isn't what we want because if my players have done something to turn the fans against them, and brought it on themselves, then I can't stand for that.

"As the manager, I can't really have that and I'll deal with that and deal with him."

Peter Clarke's first-half header from a set piece handed Blackpool victory on a boggy surface at Bloomfield Road.

"The events that led to their goal were pretty bizarre," Holloway added.

"My right back won a great header, didn't touch anyone or do anything wrong but the ref gave a free kick.

"We've got to defend that situation better and convert some of the chances that we created in the second half, otherwise that's what happens.

"Blackpool had nothing to lose but we had everything to lose. We've got a cup game in midweek and we've got to bounce back.

"I'm very hurt at the minute. When you get into certain areas you need to see your players stay composed and that didn't happen."

175 thoughts on “Holloway will "deal with" Millwall striker after gesture

• January 10, 2015 at 19:16

Same old same old.
    F*** off for god's sake.

• January 10, 2015 at 20:19

@NICKOLA: The idiot IH says he's hurt at the minute? I like him to feel how I have for the last14 games mug !

• January 10, 2015 at 20:24

@ronnie: He'll be long gone after you, me and all Millwall supporters live on.

• January 11, 2015 at 16:58

@NICKOLA: I'm honestly devatstated kenny jacket didn't receive the same financial backing as our last 2 clowns! Without the offer of funds he was unable to move our club forward!! Can't help think if he stayed we would've been so much more better off! IH is killing me, can't listen to his s*** anymore

• January 10, 2015 at 19:18

Oh just shut up and walk and take that dogshit Fuller with you. Honestly cannot remember feeling this down about OUR club. He says we need to strengthen. HOW THE F*** DOES SIGNING A GIANT IMPROVE WHAT WE HAVE YOU FARMER?

• January 10, 2015 at 20:08

@Alan.F: agree mate, never been so frustrated in 35 years following this great club, I bet Fullers punishment will be a place on the bench, then back in the starting 11 as for some reason Holloway loves him and Dunne

• January 11, 2015 at 12:30

@dpendet: how we will know if he has dropped fuller as a punishment.... He changes the team every week anyway so being dropped will be the norm. I said it a while ago but IH is a joke

Comments are closed.

You must have an active subscription to view further comments and leave your own.