Cardiff manager claims Borussia Dortmund wanted Malone

RUSSELL Slade has claimed that Champions League outfit Borussia Dortmund were interested in Scott Malone before his switch to Cardiff City.

The left back completed his £100,000-move to the Bluebirds on Wednesday – but, according to Slade, after turning down the German giants.

Slade said: "Several other clubs were in for Scott. Borussia Dortmund made strong enquiries about him, while there were other Championship clubs keen.

"We are delighted Scott has signed. He is 6ft 2ins tall, athletic, will give us a lot going forward and defensively.

"He is a natural left footed who has previously scored five goals in one season."

Dortmund currently have Germany international Marcel Schmelzer at left back.

Speaking to Cardiff's official site about his move to Wales, Malone said: "With my contract soon to expire at Millwall, I was looking for a new challenge.

"The Manager didn't need to persuade me at all into making this decision, I wanted to come and be part of his plans. I'm very happy to be here and eager to get started."

52 thoughts on “Cardiff manager claims Borussia Dortmund wanted Malone

• January 7, 2015 at 11:34

Russell Slade, what a comedian.

• January 7, 2015 at 11:36

Russell that sounds like a load of Klopp to me.

• January 7, 2015 at 11:38

If Dortmund were interested then we've missed a trick with a player swap, although I'd be pretty confident that Malone wouldn't have turned them down for Cardiff!

• January 7, 2015 at 11:40

Dortmund or Cardiff & he chose Cardiff. Proves wot a c*** he is.

• January 7, 2015 at 11:40

All the more reason why we should be getting these players under contract. John Berylson was saying that he wanted young players with sell on value and we have allowed a young leftback to leave for a shadow of his worth and brought in a 31 year old temporary replacement.

• January 7, 2015 at 11:40

"Pull the other one, it's got bells on" ( NOLU, WDC ).ps. Come on Ollie, get some more new ones in, it's nearly Lunch - Time. Munchies !

• January 7, 2015 at 11:42

Cant take anyone serious right after christmas with a name like slade

• January 7, 2015 at 11:51

@Jim28: That's good Jim28, put our two post together and ? "Slade - Bells Ringing" : sleigh ! ( NOLU, WDC ).Blackpool here we come !

• January 7, 2015 at 11:44

England won the World Cup once.

• January 7, 2015 at 15:16

@lowdown: now that is funny lmao. They missed the bit that he played like a total retard this season. Glad the judas has gone and hope his back plays up some more

• January 7, 2015 at 11:57

I'm sorry but if dortmund were interested I'm sure he wouldn't of signed for Cardiff and yes malone you are a decent player now and then but not that decent this season is turning into a comedy series

• January 7, 2015 at 12:01

The only 'enquiry' Dortmund would ever make about Malone is "what the f*** is that?". Which incidentally is the same enquiry I've made about 99% of his crosses, shots and tackles this season. Hope he's as good for Cardiff as he's been for us this year, because that'll mean we've a good chance of climbing above them in the table.

• January 7, 2015 at 12:04

Put another pie in your mouth slide you fat fuxx

• January 7, 2015 at 12:06

They make and eat a lot of sausages in Dortmund, maybe they wanted Malone as a hotdog seller, he's got the hair for it?

• January 7, 2015 at 12:11

Got to be the best ever story on NAD, quality!!!

• January 7, 2015 at 12:12

I know Dortmund are on the wain but don’t take the proverbial urine Russ.... what a joker!

• January 7, 2015 at 12:20

Must have the same agent as Tom Ince.

• January 7, 2015 at 12:21

Does he have the same agent as Forde? We was told a German club and Celtic wanted him. LOL

• January 7, 2015 at 12:30

How about Glen Murray from Palarse on loan until the end of the season - wouldn't be a bad one?

• January 7, 2015 at 12:36

@lancslion: That would be a very good signing for the short term. doubt the Nigels would let him join us though or that his wage demands would be reasonable.

• January 7, 2015 at 12:52

@glyngo: @lancslion: apparently Reading were paying £20k a week of his wages during his loan there.... dread to think what Crippled Alice are paying him!!

• January 7, 2015 at 14:18

@TheBermondseyBomber: But Ollie knows them all well - might be a deal to be had - we pay a percentage etc?? you never know! Mind you - i think theres going to be something big happening soon - who knows - this could be a smoke screen for Tim Cahill coming back to stay fit and get us out of the **it - stranger things have happened.....

• January 7, 2015 at 13:00

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

• January 7, 2015 at 13:01

@ PAUL McKay : yes they do produce a lot of sausage in DORTMUND but this has to be one of the BRATWURST stories so far this year.

• January 7, 2015 at 13:01

hahahahahaha what type of drugs is Slade on

• January 7, 2015 at 13:11

Blimey imagine how much Jimmy would be worth if he had better feet.

• January 7, 2015 at 13:15

Apparently, Borussia Dortmund wanted the Hoff last season as well!

• January 7, 2015 at 13:40

F#!k Slade and f#?k cardiff. Don't hate Malone, but couldn't care less about how he feels about his club.
    Who are we getting in and who ELSE is f#@kimg off???

• January 7, 2015 at 13:41

My mistake - his 'new' club....

• January 7, 2015 at 14:18

There might be something in that story, apprently Dortmund's tea boy has broken his arm......

• January 7, 2015 at 14:57

I'm sure if they wanted him they would have got him.

• January 7, 2015 at 15:50

"A few clubs were interested, but when I heard Cardiff City was one of them it was an easy decision to make." YEAH SURE.....F off

• January 7, 2015 at 15:56

Haha ha lol ffs
    Dortmund or cardiff heads or tails f.u.c.k make it best out of three Dortmund won that one, oh b.o.l.l.o.c.k.s they won it again can't we do scissors paper rock I'm quite good at that, what a C****** they won that as well. I know let's play snap I'm unbeaten at that I was the champ on the team bus on away games. YES get in there woo hoo E.I.O E.I.O E.I.O I'm going cardiff I'm going cardiff you ain't you ain't.
    You make a great cupped you pair of p.r.i.c.k.s
    What a great way to start my day haha
    Looking forward to my night shift.
    Thanks aldo

• January 7, 2015 at 15:57

Haha ha lol ffs
    You make a great cupped you pair of p.r.i.c.k.s
    What a great way to start my day haha
    Looking forward to my night shift.
    Thanks aldo

• January 7, 2015 at 16:32

must of fell for holli saying we play like bayen,barca

• January 7, 2015 at 16:37

Slade will be appearing at up the creek Greenwich next Friday at the open mike night be quick tickets selling fast

• January 7, 2015 at 17:48

Its been a very long time since something regarding Millwall as made me smile, but this one went the whole hog and had me in tears... Quality easily the best thing on NAD ever

• January 7, 2015 at 18:08

yeah right, and Barcelona want Dunney!!

• January 7, 2015 at 18:12

It couldn't have been Borussia Dortmund it must have been TSC Eintract Dortmund who play in the Bezirksliga 8th Division and play in the aptly named Stadion an der Flora which would make sense because he always tackled like a pansy.............................................................................

• January 7, 2015 at 19:15

mr malone did nt turn out the player that mr jacket bought.another flop

• January 7, 2015 at 19:45

Can't wait till the sheep shaggers find out how s*** you r not f*** off