Wright wishes Millwall well after exit from club is confirmed

JOSH Wright has urged Millwall fans to "stick with a top manager in Ian Holloway" after the midfielder's exit from the club was officially confirmed.

NewsAtDen reported last week that Wright's contract with the Lions was being cancelled, with the 24-year-old set to join Leyton Orient on a free transfer.

He made 53 appearances for Millwall.

And after news of his departure was released, Wright posted a farewell message on his Twitter account.

He wrote: "Just a quick message to say thank you to Millwall FC and everyone associated with the club. I have had three fantastic years at a proper football club that I will never forget.

"I can't thank the fans, board, players and staff enough for the time I have spent there. It's something I'm truly proud to say that I played for Millwall and something I will never forget.

"It has brought me some of my favourite memories in football including that goal [against Burnley] that I will never forget.

"In all honesty I wish it could have worked out slightly better for me but that's life and football and things happen that you have to get on with.

"All I want to say is best of luck to everyone associated with the club and I wish you all every success in the future.

"The best thing the club and fans can do is stick with a top manager in Ian Holloway because he will take you forward.

"Thanks again and I looke forward to coming up against you all in the near future."

28 thoughts on “Wright wishes Millwall well after exit from club is confirmed

• January 5, 2015 at 16:14

What a class act.
    Obviously raised the right way excuse the pun. A credit to your parents.
    All the best for the future Josh Wright.

• January 5, 2015 at 16:28

@wall2wall: a player has left and you didn't s*** him of..yours will be close to being only a few

• January 5, 2015 at 16:20

Top man Josh, best of luck for the rest of your career.

• January 5, 2015 at 16:33

Fantastic attitude and fantastic goal.

All the best for the future Josh!

• January 5, 2015 at 16:36

That is how you leave a club, good luck to Josh and to Orient, hope they get promoted he will certainly get a warm welcome if he comes back to the Den. If they could manage promotion, with both QPR and Palace looking dodgy in the Prem' Fulham, Charlton looking like they will be not going up or down Brentford not quite good enough to go up after the last couple of results, lets just hope we survive next year. The Championship could be sponsored by Oyster Card.

• January 5, 2015 at 16:45

nice touch josh, you will be respected forever down here. didn't have to do that at all! nice to actually see an ex-player show some respect to the club. hopefully that great attitude you got rubbed off on a few on your way out lol good luck for the future.

• January 5, 2015 at 16:47

Top man nice to go out with a bit of class

Good luck with your new career

• January 5, 2015 at 16:55

Best wishes, Josh. You always put in 100% and unlike some players you leave with mutual respect. Good luck for the future

• January 5, 2015 at 17:06

Good luck Josh, expect a bit of banter if our paths ever cross again, but all the best for your future career where ever it may take you.

• January 5, 2015 at 17:15

What a top man.
    I really hope it works out well for you at your new club josh you more than deserve it. You get out what you put in and there's no doubt your a 100%er.
    Look forward to your return.

• January 5, 2015 at 17:19

Good luck in the Future Josh W, you will be remembered as a real Polite Gent. ( NOLU, WDC ).

• January 5, 2015 at 17:20

Good luck Josh I hope it all goes well for you

• January 5, 2015 at 17:31

As already said, class act, reflects well on his upbringing. Hope he goes on to have a good career.

• January 5, 2015 at 17:40

Refreshing for someone to leave the club on a good footing. Was never his biggest fan as a player, but I do believe that he honestly feels he has learnt something at the club, and is genuinely grateful for it.
    Hoping that Josh goes on to have an awesome career, and maybe, one day, he'll become a better player, and won't p*** people off if he comes back to us

• January 5, 2015 at 19:04

As already been posted, good luck Josh, a quality exit and the Burnley goal will live in my mind for many many years...it was pure class, as good as I've seen.

• January 5, 2015 at 19:05

As already been posted, good luck Josh, a quality exit and the Burnley goal will live in my mind for many years.it was pure class, as good as I've seen.

• January 5, 2015 at 19:12

I expected no less from this fella and I bet he is a success at another club. Good luck mate and I will always applaud you when you come back to the Den.

• January 5, 2015 at 19:52

"I'm looking forward to playing against you"

You saying we're going down you bugger!? Lol, good luck to you mate.

• January 5, 2015 at 20:10

Just wish a few more of our current players had this mans attitude. Its a privelidge and an honour to play for MFC as well as be payed to do so. Some of the others should take note of that!

• January 5, 2015 at 20:32

That's the b***** mate your not bad for a Essex boy your always welcome down the den son just don't score

• January 5, 2015 at 23:00

Good luck you should give that rat at Bolton a lessen in maners. Again good luck