Millwall manager: Norwich score could have been worse

IAN Holloway admitted that Norwich could have scored more than six goals on a "painful" afternoon for Millwall at Carrow Road.

The Lions were given a Boxing Day thrashing by the Canaries, whose winning margin would have been greater had they taken a host of other clear-cut chances

"It's a painful afternoon to say the least," said Holloway. "When you want to see a bit of fight and a bit of spirit, it didn't come. That's the alarming thing and Norwich exploited it.

"That's a catalogue of errors and if I'm honest, the score could've been worse than that. It was six but god knows how many more it could've been.

"There was a shattering loss of confidence in the group.

"I first saw this happen against Middlesbrough a few weeks ago – up until then we always had a spirit about us but that seems to have dissipated. I don't know where that's gone.

"We made so many mistakes trying to get back in it. A team like Norwich will counter on you – they've got good pace and a good shape. They've got important things in important areas.

"By the end, I was almost scared to attack in any way, shape or form. That's down to your structure behind your attacks."

Holloway felt Norwich's second goal was the decisive moment but refused to criticise David Forde after his error allowed Cameron Jerome to score.

"I don't blame anybody," he said. "Players go out there trying to do their best and everyone seems to look for someone to blame. If there's any one person to blame it's me.

"By everybody's standards we didn't have the best of games.

"I'm trying to deal with what I saw out there. We've got some major surgery to do. You can't be a Millwall player if you don't stand up and be counted."

Asked whether he felt for the travelling fans, Holloway added: "That goes without saying. I'm a Millwall fan myself – my whole livelihood is here now.

"I chose that and that's what I want. I'm to blame.

"It's my responsibility and I'm not going to wilt. I will find players who can deal with things for me. Wherever we are today is where we're starting from.

"I agreed to build for the future just under a year ago and that's still what I want to do. I knew it was going to be tough but not this tough.

"This is when you find out about yourself and the people you're with."

130 thoughts on “Millwall manager: Norwich score could have been worse

• December 26, 2014 at 19:25

I could not get Lions player commentary today..by God how happy I was that did not have to listen to the sad story today,.,,in Milllwall language IH that was a bloody disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourself for allowing it to happen, dont say its not your fault you run the ship so take the can ..and go now..for everyones sake

• December 26, 2014 at 23:36

@billymillwall: a typical misery gut who will change nothing for the club as people like him over the years! moaning and misery what a sad way to live!

• December 26, 2014 at 18:09

Let's vote now
    Holloway out = LIKE
    Stay. =DISLKE

• December 27, 2014 at 21:47

@southstand: wicked idea as u can see more % of us lion fans dont want to see mr H get sacked lets be honest IH aint to blame. Tell me what millwall player looks like a real lion what 1 of them have passion and pride. Let me think, not 1 of them. They showed a little bit towards the end of last season and look what happened we went on a wicked run and stayed up and i didnt see any1 complaining about holloways formation or tack-ticks then. These players need a wake up call. Look at the top 6 teams. Every player puts in a proper shift. What happened 2 ford on friday 2 blunders nd not a word. f*** em all off.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:09

shambles ollie. you pick the team are they playing for u? hy keep picking Dunne? why was jimmy not playing? why was Grgory on the bench? Marquise dont even get me started. where is malone ? have you drcided to to sell our best player already?.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:39

@DELBOY64: Agree with everything you said. He has also been playing this, ''injured or not fit enough card' all season to keep rotating the squad. He's been mugging every fan off, with compulsive lying. Didn't he say Abdou would play? He said recently JB doesn't know anything about football, how disrespectful. JB I hope you are reading this, Ollie is a deluded, compulsive liar, who has openly admitted he is just a sales man. Telling every club, no-one is ringing his phone for players is just so unprofessional. You just don't do it.

Lots of West Ham/Palace supporters are on this site to discredit the truth, so please Millwall supporters Log-in, and start liking/disliking comments, because its beyond a joke now. Marquis/Maggie on the wing? Dunne/Beevers in defence? Dropping Gregory for Fuller? Its beyond delusion, and into serious mental health issues now.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:12

Had enough of your waffles and excuses Holloway just do the decent thing and go go go.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:13

Do yourself a favour wally, sorry Ollie, go before you have no reputation left to defend.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:13

I feel much better now, rather than lose 6-1 it could have been worse!

Lucky us avoiding it getting embarrassing.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:13

This man is a muppet.Along with the players another wage thief. I have never felt so embarrassed supporting this shower of excrement.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:16

"There was a shattering loss of confidence in the group." - sorry Ollie but you are the cause of this loss of confidence. The starting line up you chose was unbelievable, no logical reason why certain players were left out, please don't say it was to 'rest them' ahead of Bournemouth! It is about time you started to respect our club, the fans that go home and away and the players who have a good game and then get dropped for the next game! Take your ego and leave our club now please.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:16

Ian Holloway is a f****** idiot, end of.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:18

I actually don't get the thought process, our top goalscorer gregory on the bench, have you not seen the results we have when dune starts? Marquis? we have been struggling for goals all season and you decide to put on a forward thats played probs once in this league? A BIT OF CONSISTENCY PLEASE!!

I say give him the january window to see what he can work, if no improvement he's gotta go to give us time to prepare for another relegation battle

• December 26, 2014 at 18:50

@fred: If we are totally confused by his team selection, tactics and lunatic ramblings think what it must be doing to the players. It's his job to analyse the players at his disposal and get them playing to their strengths not playing them in unfamiliar positions, trying to get hoofers playing tippy tappy, and constantly changing line ups formations and half the bloody team every week. Ollie it is your fault. You have reduced a mediocre set of players to a bunch of jibbering non functional spineless brainless idiots, well done mate put that on your CV.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:19

Ok , a lot of people saying Ollie out.
    Who realistically replaces him ?

• December 26, 2014 at 18:31

@Block 8: It's not Ollies fault completely, we have seen these useless players week in week out ! Most are not good enough, and forever pass backwards or sidewards. Too afraid to take on an opposing player, invade they lose the ball. JB we have already mentioned it, Ollies needs new FUNDS , to get good players into the team. Either do that or step aside and sell to a new OWNER who will ! Any new manager will have the same problem with these players. ( NOLU, WDC ). It's a COLD RETURN TO LONDON .

• December 26, 2014 at 20:05

@BUSHWACKER14: WELL SAID MATE! I AGREE WITH MOST IF NOT ALL OF WHAT YOU SAID IN THIS POST. BUT, NEVER MIND, WE WILL SURVIVE ( WE ALWAYS DO) STORMIN' NORMAN BACKS THE FANS, NO ONE LIKES US WE DONT CARE. PS. HOPE TO SEE A LOT OF YOU IN THE BLUE ANCHOR FROM MID-DAY ON SUNDAY.......YIPPEE! WE ARE MILLWALL!

• December 28, 2014 at 11:43

@Marshlion: Just loved this post. Having ploughed through a lot of gloomy rhetoric this burst my laughing gear out of its dungeon. MAD and brilliant.

• December 26, 2014 at 19:30

@Millwall59: @LETEMCOME:
        Thanks for that. Answered a genuine question with a question. Very interesting and helpful. Thoroughly enjoyed your opinion and what turned out to be a great answer. Keep it up , this forum needs opinion like that , it keeps morale up and is always welcome. Happy new year ! @@@@

• December 26, 2014 at 20:35

@Block 8: What i meant was who cares who the next manager might be cause its all maybe this one maybe that one,we will never know until the current one leaves,and who do you think should take his place and do you think he should leave. Get off the fence and give an opinion.

• December 26, 2014 at 19:43

TONY PULIS please Santa, as I didn't get what I wanted yesterday.

• December 26, 2014 at 21:03

@Block 8: anybody, it could'nt get worse! well only by giving him money in January to confuse things even more! MARQUIS says it all. sorry Ollie times up

• December 26, 2014 at 21:39

@macman2: Riga, McDermott, pullis, anyone else?

Will it matter?

How long before they get on the back end of the abuse?

Yes, I think Ollie makes plenty of mistakes and doesn't learn from them.

The biggest mistake he made today was selecting two sides, one for today and one for Sunday. A win or decent result today would have made selecting a side for Sunday easy albeit half of them would have been tired.

We made stupid mistakes early doors, and once chasing the game conceded on the break, and yes it could have been worse.

Several players were not up to scratch and let their manager down today.

To whomever slagged off marquis, he was one of the better players today. That doesn't say a lot I hear you say but at least gets facts before shamelessly slagging off those whom you should support.

I saw holloway today and he looked a broken man. A shadow of his former self.

I for one hope he doesn't walk. I hope he can find the solution. I hope he can continue to build on what I believe is progress compared to twelve months ago. I hope he becomes a very successful manager for Millwall.

But what every manager and player alike need is our support.

With that they may start to believe.

We will reap the rewards but staying patient is the key.

I also hope berylson shows that patience.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:22

We was told we only have a heavy defeat once a season obviously not that's the second in the last 3 weeks its a joke dunne over Wilkinson marquis over Gregory too many changes every week

• December 26, 2014 at 18:38

@Millwall59:
      I'm not calling for Ollies head. Just wondered who would be a candidate and realistic option.
      Just asked the question and someone hit the dislike button. I'm confused , I expressed no opinion at all.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:23

Olly recommend Tony Pulis to the board before you go mate, your time with the Lions is over. You have delivered nothing but hot air. Yet another thrashing this season. Pitiful. Bournemouth will destroy us, c'mon JB end this embarrassment!

• December 26, 2014 at 18:24

We was told we only have a heavy defeat once a season obviously not that's the second in the last 3 weeks its a joke too many changes every week

• December 26, 2014 at 18:25

Who really believes that they tried out there today,its a complete shower.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:32

They are not trying their best they couldn't give a s*** about the club the supporters or the manager they only care about their wages sort it ollie or you'll be gone and we'll be in league 1,

• December 26, 2014 at 18:37

I always defend holloway , and still think he needs to be able to ship out this current lot of s*** and be able to sign HIS OWN players. However, he seriously needs to pick and stick with an 11 , for example now Easter has scored he will probably start on Sunday, wilkinson will be back in, Martinez will probably be out. We need some structure and although he is partly to blame, WHAT ABOUT THE PLAYERS! They need to take responsibility and MAN UP! THEY walk on the pitch THEY make their decisions when in control of the ball and THEY are professionals getting paid thousands per week and they should start acting more f***** responsible. I'd rather see some of the youth (nelson, goodman, Powell, obrien) than some of this lot even though they aren't ready yet. At least we would understand why we are getting beat so much. The players who started today are all experienced enough and shouldn't be melting like they did today. 1 yellow card shows the amount of passion they showed today. They should of been crunching people and getting stuck in from the start after that feeble showing vs bolton last week.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:49

@82wall:

Thing is 82 do you honestly trust this clown with the chequebook ? I don't I wouldn't trust him with a school 5 a side

He has banged on about youth yeah where are they now shopped out and rest with splinters in there a*** I woild tolerate a 6-1 defeat a bit better with the kids in but he says one thing and does another ?

I mean fuxx me marquis !!
      Majority of punters lacking confidence and now seems it had spread to the players

Yes I hope the lot of em disappear in summer and spend a good while with no clubs perhaps they will then realise what a privilege it was to play for this club not just claim a wage

The time to go is now holloway and we can't keep using the excuse oh let him sign his own players in summer and who else will we get in

Let's build now from the bottom up call the kids back and get some pride back in the shirt

• December 26, 2014 at 19:08

@Millwall1979:
        Ive mentioned holloways signings in a comment a few months ago and it got about 100 likes with everyone agreeing , can't remember it exactly but I summed it up perfectly. HIS OWN signings have actually been good. I think most people will agree that Gregory, Upson, Williams, are good players, gueye was a player who was 50/50 but had potential and was signed by Everton for a million pound, Webster who is IMO s***, was yeovils player of the year , captain and scored 4 goals from centre half in a side that got relegated comfortably, unfortunately it hasn't worked out here, Briggs is a former england youth player only 2 years ago and has played for england at every level up to u21 and has been at a premiership club since a boy, should be doing better really but a good signing at the time. Last season we had some good stop gaps in, the hoff, frederiks, garvan, Jackson and Campbell. Can't be bothered to go into it anymore but to answer your question, YES I would trust him with a check book. The majority of our squad is either KJ's left overs or lomas's over paid s***! Holloways signings (most of them) have at least shown abit of quality.

• December 26, 2014 at 19:29

@82wall:

Yes he has made a few decent signings never disputed that but

Maggie took three months to get fit

Upson in and out of team

Webster ditto has destroyed his confidence hauls him off when having a mare yet persists with others

Williams best passer of ball at club played along the back and even at right back ??

Martinez see comment on Maggie ?

So in answer to your comment jury's out whether he could be trusted personally I see a new contract for Easter and marquis in summer

• December 26, 2014 at 18:59

@82wall: The players have to play in the positions he says mate. Do you think Maggie has wanted to be a right winger tracking back last few games, when he's a left footed central attacker? They are all over the place mate. Its a shambles. He's brought in some good players like Williams, Edwards, Gregory and Maggie, but no creative midfielder, the shape is so wrong, and he chooses the wrong players continually. He's being found out every week now.

• December 26, 2014 at 19:06

@82wall
      I am sorry 82 but i just do not understand how this man can be defended,when i saw marquis start i was flabbergasted,where on earth did he get that idea from,he has undermined player's confidence all season by dropping them after they have played well,how can he keep starting Fuller,jimmy has not had a bad game this season,yet cannot get a start of late,Mcdonald had just started to get a handle on the new position IH wanted him to play,then he drop's him saying he need's a rest,this was the last game before the international break when all player's would have a 10 day rest.
      I went down fighting in defending Lomas because i believed it was the player's that were large'ly at fault,but im sorry in IH case it is he that is at fault,i would not trust him with another penny.

• December 26, 2014 at 19:16

@jim1222:
        The thing is though mate, he hasn't had many penny's to spend, and on the very limited ones he did have last season, he spent them well and kept us up! This season we didn't have a big transfer budget at all I no that for a fact and he used the money he did have, quite well. So it's very unfair to sack him I believe, until he has been given some funds to work with, and I don't mean free transfers and loans I mean permanent signings.

• December 26, 2014 at 19:32

@82wall:

But he has t worked well with what he had we sacked lomas for less

When your on a limited budget you get best out of what you have ie play them in natural positions and not dump them back on bench after having a decent game it's madness

All he seems to Wanna do is tell us how good other teams are and how we done well to only concede 6 !

• December 27, 2014 at 10:37

Sacking Olly is an easy option but sacking him would not solve the real issues. We have a large squad of players that are not performing and are out of contract at the end of the season and after yesterdays performance seem to be spitting their dummies out. A new manager would have the same players and same problems and to be honest the last three managers haven't stopped the rot and I hate to keep banging on about it but Olly is suffering from Lomas' Kid in a sweet shop approach in the transfer market last season.
      Olly has made mistakes and has constantly changed the team but again we don't have the hindsight of what is going on behind the scenes and a manager bases selection on this. I was shocked when Marquis was picked for Norwich game but apparently he put a shift in. It would seem we are heavily relying on the January transfer market and with this in mind it is pointless changing manager as he will have targets a change of manager could mess this up.

So where do we go from here. Perhaps contracts need to be sorted out so we can offer some players stability (I know, they should be performing for a contract) We need some real quality in the January transfer market (Where from Abroard, Div 1, Div 2 or a Kane/Wood type loan) A change of fortunes.

If not League 1 here we come and at the risk of getting shot down. Crowds would improve if we started winning. We could look at integrating the youngsters into the team. We could strip ALL the dead wood and rebuild a Millwall that would get into the Championship and stay there.

Still football is about opinions

• December 26, 2014 at 18:40

Fxxx off holloway how exactly could it have been worse you mug bet you was tapping them on the back and saying well done least we didn't concede seven

Embarrassing , spineless , starting to feel ashamed of the team never thought I would end this pathetic circus now JB this clown is turning us into a laughing stock

• December 26, 2014 at 18:50

I dont want us to be one of those clubs that just keeps sacking managers etc, because stability is vital BUT......
    We are now in serious trouble, we're a year in he still doesn't know his best team, he's still giving the same excuses and we're still in the same position as last year!!!!
    Im not stupid enough to say we should be winning the prem but I do believe in seeing the side fight and play for the badge, I don't see either.
    People say who will come in, well its the football world, there will always be someone even its short term till the end of the season and then promote Harris and Fitz, i.e someone like Pulis to get himself back on the map. I would even take Claridge just to make this lot realise what it means to play for this club until the end of the season.
    Also while we're at it get rid of those we're not going to give new contracts, because it cannot be good for a dressing room having so many players not knowing or caring if they will be here next season pay-up the contracts and let them go now. And get Fred back, Get Jack and Aiden back in and Jimmy while we're at it. This cant go on......
    WE WANT OUR MILLWALL BACK, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!

• December 26, 2014 at 18:54

I think hollway has lost the plot and those 14 players out of contract let them go we need a good shake up JB is no Mug but this club needs open heart surgery and give us our pride back yes we did well the last eight games of last season but that was last season and this is now.

• December 26, 2014 at 18:55

5/1 against Middlesbrough 6/1 Norwich I'm dreading us playing Bournemouth on Sunday. Holloway like I said before you need to go you keep changing the team to often and you ain't got the balls to drop forde and give king a chance so do us all a favour a walk before the Bournemouth game and put Bircham in temporary charge until we get someone else in

• December 26, 2014 at 19:01

Yes the players should take some blame partly cause they are poor and do not show enough fight but the blame starts at the top with IH and the coaching staff. The players are all pros and should be able to do there job but they cant , so something is not right at the club. IMO the bulk of the squad are s.hit even the so called good ones are bad, we only have 2/3 decent players not including the youth. Get rid of 80% of the squad and the manager and staff and start again.

• December 26, 2014 at 19:01

I'm lost for words TBH. I was over the moon when IH took the job but now he is proving to be nothing more than a joke. But I'm not laughing.

• December 26, 2014 at 19:07

And dont no one come on here telling me to lighten up or iam a doom and gloom merchant and that IH needs time, he has had enough time at least to show some improvement and he aint. So to all you IH lovers explain to me what he has done to improve our club.

• December 26, 2014 at 19:14

First time on news at den, and completely confused about constant changes.
    I know he wants to play 4-2-3-1 and my team today was
    Forde
    Wilko Beevers. Shittu. Malone , I think he has hip problem so Briggs
    Williams. Angel
    Gaye Jimi. Martin
    Gregory

Love Dunney but he has had it. And John Marquis give the boy a whole season in lower league a left winger ??????? And Martin in centre ??????

as a 4-4-2 which I originally thought may be , but leaving Gregory out good goal at Brighton and nearly against Bolton.

• December 26, 2014 at 19:17

I know I'll get a barrel of dislikes for this but we on the Christmas message post get likes for our stay with the team, stay behind holloway posts and stop being like all the plastic clubs getting rid of managers when it gets tough.
    It's going to be hard, we have a poor squad. Yes the tactics have been scatty and sometimes confusing but at least he's trying everything and don't even ask about the Marquis selection I don't get that...

I still feel we will have a hard season ahead of us yeah we keep getting turned over but sometimes you need a hard season... We as a club, fans and family are tougher than this...

We will improve and I still think holloway can do something positive.

I know after a result like this it's hard to be positive but c'mon lads, let's stick together.
    Big game against Bournemouth if we play like we did away to them in the second half we can get a well needed result!

We are Millwall.

• December 26, 2014 at 21:50

@CrawleyLion: good post but I really wish we could have a season that wasn't a hard season.

We don't seem to do midtable mediocrity.

• December 26, 2014 at 23:49

@MFC Lion: Cheers, I know Ollie divides people but the way to change it isn't by changing the boss everytime we have a poor season.
        Apart from a few players we have a poor squad, until we get some real talent and confidence we are a bottom championship/league one team... And it's hard to say that...

It'll get better... It has too!
        Keep the faith!

• December 26, 2014 at 19:18

If you were JB would you...

A) sack Holloway and spend money on buying out remaining contract and getting someone new in

B) spend above funds on new players and keep the crazy one

• December 26, 2014 at 19:57

@RobsterK: Or C) Stand over a drain and listen to the splash as you drop the pound coins in.

• December 26, 2014 at 20:11

Listen to his Christmas message and note the timbre of his voice. Holloway is a man under a pressure that he cannot bear. A Palace style departure looms.

• December 27, 2014 at 01:58

@RobsterK: one of the best posts I've ever read on NAD
      Cause to be honest
      either way it'll cost a fortune with no guarantee of success damned if you do damned if don't
      That's what's being the boss is all about

• December 26, 2014 at 19:22

I predicted 5-0 on a previous post, that seems optimistic now. I, like lots of supporters felt that Ollies appointment was visionry but week in week out his team selection and tactics have been , to say the least bizarre. We cannot continually blame the players, they are obviously sh;t , but it must be within Ollies remit to instil in them that they are not. Heads are down and no one is prepared to fight for their place in our team. The result today, and against Boro was embarrasing, we are becoming the laughing stock not only of the Championship but of the whole 92. Bradford and Bournemouth are going to have a field day. Sadly I think its time for Ollie to go and prepare for Div 1. I've been supporting this club for 51 years and cant remember such a spineless bunch wan&#rs as we have got now. Players like Harry & Barry made up for their lack of skill, with heart and gumption. This shower have no right to wear our badge.

• December 26, 2014 at 19:34

@wallchef: Oh for a Kitch, Nethercot, Dyche, Alf Woods, Cahill, Possee, Sherringham, Cass,Hill, O'Callahan, Thatcher, etc etc, this shower of s*** aren't even fit to lick the mud off their boots.

• December 26, 2014 at 20:51

@Sealion: agree with all above !!! But you missed out the best of all with the most commitment KEITH WELLER

• December 26, 2014 at 19:27

None of the debate really matters in truth anyway because Berylson will not sack Holloway this season, FACT!

• December 26, 2014 at 19:37

@82wall: Your right there 82 he has too much money invested in him, perhaps Ollie isn't quite as mad as a lot of people think. I think that he may do another Palace though and I don't mean get us promoted.

• December 26, 2014 at 19:29

How about chaplow getting fined for talking S*** on Twitter while his team was loosing 6-1

• December 26, 2014 at 19:52

Go you clown. And have the class to forfeit your hastily arranged contractual payoff!

• December 26, 2014 at 20:09

Havent posted for a while so thought I would chime in with some thoughts......

If the squad is as bad as everyone says (only seen a few games streaming on line / tv due to being in New Zealand) then IH cant be to blame for all of it.......

BUT........................

he does have to take some of the blame...!!!!

I was one who was so glad when he came to millwall.....thought at last a manager that will shake the team up and get us moving forward but it hasn't happened.

Is that his fault / the players fault or the boards fault...???

Of course the answer is all of them...

So should only one of them get the blame....??? I think it is harsh....
    I do think IH needs to realise where he is. He turns up everyday at the training ground.. he must see he's at a club in South London. Hes at a club that struggles to attract players, hes at a club that doesn't fork out 10 million or more on players (let alone 1 million on a player)... the type of football he wants is something out of a play book from Real Madrid / Barcelona and dare I say it some of the BIG prem clubs....

He has to realise we are a club that doesn't do fancy plays, doesn't do fancy formations and certainly doesn't have the squad to do this rotational BULL SH1T that he keeps doing.

I have to say it....(and I DONT WANT TO) but if our man in charge can't pick the best team to play on a Saturday afternoon then he isn't that man for us.

If he picked the best team week in week out and we were still losing / taking draws and winning at the rate we are then you could really blame him.....but to not pick the right team is only on his shoulders. if the players he has are sh1t, but the players he was picking were the ones who didn't stink the most that again it would be his fault....he would be doing the best he could with the sh1t he had....and if anyone can make sh1t look good than I thought he would have been our man.

So although I don't think its all his fault, I do think with our record this year he has to take most of the blame.

So for me its NEW YEAR............NEW PLAYERS..........and hate to say it but NEW MANAGER......

Sorry but it is time....anyone else would have gone months ago.....I think we passed the he'll come right mark. He continues to leave our best players on the bench.........

HOW THE F U C K do you leave our goal scorer on the bench....The canary's would have seen the line up and Laughed. If that was my local team here in NZ leaving his top striker on the bench for an OLD lump of a striker who does sweet F A on the bench then he would get mobbed...... Leaves a player who was a superstar at Yeovil before joining us on the bench for a player who lets face it is just plan SH1T...... then again sorry IH .....YOU HAVE TO GO.......

I need to stop typing now..... before I get on a plane get down the Den for Sunday....and give IH the a*** kicking he deserves..........

Before all the moaners say anything......I think he was the man for the job, but like the board got it wrong with Lomas.....I think its time to call it truths and us the supporters got it wrong with him.

if we get relegated is he going to stay...????

• December 26, 2014 at 21:06

@Kiwimillwall: When we are relegated he will continue to be our manager ,he will continue to play one up front HOME andAWAY and he will continue playing all the FRANK and PEGGY SPENCER formations that we have been watching all season.He certainly does not know his best and strongest 11 which is a shame because we should of at least have given 442 a good try by now,cannot be any worse than what we have had to watch and never know we might just win afew games .THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN 442 IT STILL REMAINS AND IS BEING PLAYED SUCCESSFULLY BY MANY TEAMS.Who knows given a good try we can then forget all about the the very beginning of my caption

• December 26, 2014 at 20:32

Ok lets go for it everyone now wants Ollie out,Who out there IS ready to take over from him NO ONE except Mr bean,Myself I wanted Ollie here but I it hurts like hell to see our Millwall being treated like this.Lets all have a go at Ollie.Ollie took over with s**** players and no money its still his first season,We lost 6-1 but wait a moment I have followed this club for many years I have seen us lose and win by bigger margins I have cried when we went into administration because I thought that was it for millwall.But I will stand by Ollie even if we go down,Come Bournmouth we may lose 6,7,or even 8 nil god forbid but I will still be cheering them on what ever the score WHY because I love this wonderful club we call MILLWALL,This league or lower I don't care because one day Millwall will have its day again

• December 26, 2014 at 20:34

Can anyone guess what the team will be for the next game! Dunne up front with Marquis

• December 26, 2014 at 21:37

@wwlion:

what about forde dropped - seriously - he is erratic and not our future (got his contract though by smoking a cigar, didn't he?)

• December 26, 2014 at 20:38

By my own admission I am a massive optimist, and love to see small fish achieve. However have to say think are beginning to get out of hand... I was pleased with IHs appointment, and understood that we would need to be patient before a noticeable change. However apart from survival (a big plus) I struggle to see improvement?? In fairness I agree with IHs overall philosophy of creating a situation were a large majority of the squad needed to play for those futures and on paper it makes sense. However for some reason it has backfired and i have a strong feeling that his over management had caused a revolt and in turn he has lost the squad. Big point is our squad is s***,and there is a distinct lack of backbone, no denying they have failed us. However we shouldn't be getting spanked!! Big decision time now... Stick or twist?!! I personally think IH has lost the dressing room, and If the same squad stays as it is we will be relegated. Question is, is there anyone out there who could do a better job??? If not the chairmen need to back him, sign 4 -5 proper players and release the p*** poor deadwood!! Who knows but one things for sure it is a crap time to be a Millwall fan!!!

• December 26, 2014 at 20:39

@kiwimillwaĺl agree totally ih has to go There is no way we will stay in the championship.No team structure no tactics please ih resign!!!

• December 26, 2014 at 20:40

I just love how all the IH lovers cant come on here and explain what he is doing right. If iam wrong then do so.

• December 27, 2014 at 08:00

@LETEMCOME: i dont think its a case of being lovers of holloway, i think that a lot of people aren't in favour of sacking managers so quickly , id hate to become a club that sacks managers every year because it basically doesnt work, im not an ih fan in fact i voted for alex rae in the poll after lomas was sacked but i hope he can turn it around, its interesting that the main reason he is coming in for stick is the ludicrous amount of game to game changes (well over a hundred this season) it would have been easier for him to pick a more stable side and blame the previous management team for leaving him a pile of s***, where this leaves him now is open to question , if he has lost the dressing room as the old cliche goes then he is in serious bother, i think sundays game has become pivotal , if we capitulate i think the crowd will turn on him which will only end one way. If they show a bit of heart and apply themselves then a well fought point or even a narrow loss might give them something to focus on, how great if they could get a head of steam up and get the crowd behind them, its not impossible , bournemouth are going well but this division is unpredictable , a very important game lads so if youre thinking about going then get down there and support the club you love when its desperately needed. Happy new year to all lions fans .

• December 26, 2014 at 20:48

same mistakes made over and over - marquis went down to lower leagues (Cheltenham etc) and did not make an impact - how then can he be good enough for the championship - it is ridiculous to play him - Martinez was poor against Bolton as was Dunne - I know, keep them and drop Gregory - it is now beyond a joke - we got a reaction of a kind against Brighton (the next worse team to us) but it wont be so easy against Bournemouth - this is Ollie's cup final - if we do not show up for this , he should resign with no payoff as he is a millwall fan and what fan would take a huge payoff so we can't buy players

• December 26, 2014 at 21:16

@timchimes: think he played marquis because we have 2 games in 3 days and he just needs to utilise the squad.

• December 26, 2014 at 21:44

@benzo:

yes I realise that but not marquis surely - gueye is a striker - play him off fuller and then four midfielders with a proper shape - abdou to run , Williams to distribute and any two others from about 8 other average mids and wingers to do their job - be solid and hang in games - we did it at Derby - how can it be so bad

there is just no accounting for his decisions - you see players do well and get dropped and others play s*** and are retained

PLUS we can't afford to rest players - we have to win another 7 games to stay in this division

• December 26, 2014 at 20:52

Lets all get a grip and go and get Del Boy . He can employ Rodney. We would get the old sense of humour at the Den back. Maybe even the old peanut man can come back. Remember that when we had Pat Cuff in goal and we all knew he was crap. But those peanuts where worth going to the Den for. Now there nothing at the moment.
    But now its a whole day graft to pay to go to football. But hell it looks like what ever is said and written on here JB and Holloway cant ever read this and we are the mugs .
    I want to watch a 4-4-2 formation Know who to blame in midfield and stop feeling so angry at Holloway for thinking we are Barcelona.. WE WANT WING PLAY . 2 IN MIDFIELD . 2 HITMEN it take pressure of the back 4. its not a lot to ask for .

• December 26, 2014 at 21:05

If Ollie thinks the way forward is to play Marquis,then he has lost it big time.
    The changes just smell of desperation.
    PLEASE JUST GO BEFORE IT JUST GETS WORSE.

• December 26, 2014 at 21:41

Marquis for Gregory, is it Boxing Day today or April Fools Day??

• December 26, 2014 at 22:47

@SingleWhiteLion: I wasn't at the game so can't really comment on the performance as I'd be talking out of my a*** and just making stuff up.

• December 26, 2014 at 22:51

@glyngo: I doubt Marquis could do much good or bad, in a team that capitulated like this one did today. Webster is also being tarred by the Boro game, again the team played bad but one player is being singled out for criticism but quite a few people. I assume they saw something condemning during today's game???

• December 27, 2014 at 15:05

@glyngo: Webster did cost us at least 2 goals though due to individual errors.

Wasn't the only one to have a bad game but he has to take responsibility man up and bounce back.

• December 26, 2014 at 21:49

Whether ollie stays or goes we are bang in trouble.

• December 26, 2014 at 21:59

I think holloway has got the sh1tty end of a useless stick!. He's got over 20 players out of contract that don't give a sh1te. The ones that are under contract are mostly crap or youth players. If only he didn't keep coming out with stupid comments, willy wonks etc, I wouldn't be so furious with him!! When he was appointed I was pleased, but not anymore, that said, if we hound him out who will come in. Stability is the key to success. Let him get rid if the crap out of contract players, Hoyte, chap low, bailey, McDonald, Briggs, by water, wright and many more must be in excess of £75to£100k a week that can be spent on better and fewer players. Survive this year and next year is the start of the beginning. IM AN OPTIMIST

• December 26, 2014 at 22:13

Ffs why does he keep playing that shower of sh"""". Dinne the worst captain in millwall history and that man hounded lomas out they he will get his karma the mug

• December 26, 2014 at 22:16

Ffs why does he keep playing that shower of " Dunn the worst captain in millwall history and that man hounded lomas out now he will get his karma

• December 26, 2014 at 22:18

I hope he isnt sacked
    I hope he doesnt walk
    I hope he is given some funds to spend
    I hope he gets in 3 or 4 decent players
    and i hope he gets us out of this mess

why ?
    Because i was 100% behind him when he took the job,a job i didnt think he would ever take in a million years, But he did and its a toughie we all know that. and he kept us up when i for 1 had written us off, Therefore he deserves at least the chance to bring in some players in January and see where that takes us,
    I still believe we will not go down with him.....and i really dont want a change now and start all over again,,,,

• December 26, 2014 at 22:54

@MIGHTY:

this wont do as an explanation - he brings in Webster and cant get him to play more than one game in a row meanwhile dunne keeps getting in - we have to move on by playing our best players and removing the limited ones - he keeps going back to the same players who are clearly not good enough - briggs don't look good , he is Ollie's - if angel is a good player he is doing a good job in hiding it - he is slow and gets exposed quickly - I do not see a way out without at least 3 new players (GOOD ONES)

• December 26, 2014 at 22:57

@MIGHTY: I actually didn't want Ollie when the hunt for the manager was going on, but we were playing so well end of last season and beginning of this that I was won over. I do believe he has been h strung by this squad and can only really be judged once he has his own players. Let's be honest, this Jan we may get 2-3 players at best, I doubt it will be enough to turn us into a good team, but hopefully the 4th worst in the Championship will do for now.

• December 26, 2014 at 22:23

Can't believe he still here Lost dressing room 3 weeks ago. He change the team, tactic and formation so many times the players don't know what to do anymore. Some players have been man of the match then been drop who does that. Never seen anything like it before.

• December 26, 2014 at 22:23

It will not let me write what I want to on this silly site so. In a polite way get Dunn out

• December 26, 2014 at 22:39

@lionheart:
    That's six times you have said that - One for every goal that Norwich scored?

• December 26, 2014 at 22:42

@lionheart:
    Also, you must be Holloway the amount of times you changed the post.
    Lol.......

• December 26, 2014 at 23:15

1st things 1st to have Gregory wilkinson and McDonald on the bench is ridiculous seems as the been out 3 best players the last few weeks to put them on the bench but take them all the way to Norwich? What are they f**k!ng joke are they hungover or what! and to go all the way to Norwich and conside 6 is a fu**!ng joke if we get beat 2-0 fair enough id be annoyed but 6 that's a joke! We Conside to many goals and score f*ck all but just as our goal scorer is getting into a rhythm we take him to bloody Norwich and don't play him! Cheers IH! Anyways merry Christmas easy game next. Bournemouth top of the table s*d em COYL!!

• December 26, 2014 at 23:18

Seem to remember previous articles saying after boro result something like.........
    We have one of these freak results once a year etc.

Dunne saying it will not happen again.

(Well I suppose it wasn't five again.)

Got to say I'm feeling a bit smug at the moment, was close to getting a 2nd half season ticket, but thought I wouldn't buy into the nonsense that has fooled me the last few years.
    Might regret it in the unlikely event we beat Bradford and get a good draw away, but until I see a structured team selection and the ball go more than once towards the opposition goalkeeper I will stick with my membership.
    Prove me wrong Ollie, but you're ramblings continually printed on this site do you no favours.
    Get a quality fit striker in fast in the new year or you're get of jail card for this season will be well and truly f**ked.

• December 26, 2014 at 23:19

1st things 1st to have Gregory wilkinson and McDonald on the bench is ridiculous seems as the been out 3 best players the last few weeks to put them on the bench is wrong but take them all the way to Norwich? What are they f**k!ng hungover or what! and to go all the way to Norwich and conside 6 is a fu**!ng joke if we get beat 2-0 fair enough id be annoyed but 6 that's a joke! We Conside to many goals and score f*ck all but just as our goal scorer is getting into a rhythm we take him to bloody Norwich and don't play him! Cheers IH! Anyways merry Christmas easy game next. Bournemouth top of the table s*d em COYL!!

• December 26, 2014 at 23:55

Holloway looks like a broken man judging by that post-match interview on the OS. He has clearly lost the dressing role, the plot and probably his appetite for football. I can't see him being in charge this time next week

• December 27, 2014 at 00:30

Personally I wouldn't sack Ollie but he needs to trim the squad and get the players he wants. There is far to much deadwood dragging the team down. Offer contracts to those who you want to keep and do it soon, with the rest of the 24 move as many on as possible and those you can't try and pay them off. I've said before this is the wrong time to turn to youth but play them in the cup and revert to 4-4-2. We need at least one striker, a quick center back and someone not afraid to stick their foot in where it hurts in midfield.

• December 27, 2014 at 00:47

Out with the old! In with the new! Simple as that!

• December 27, 2014 at 00:58

I agree the messing and media hunger is to much but we are playing better football under IH compared to tossmass and even dare I say it jackett. Let's get behind ih and do something in January transfer market. I know we never do but I strongly believe he will pull this round with some financial backing which has been some time ago

• December 27, 2014 at 01:03

I agree the messing and media hunger is to much but we are playing better football under IH compared to knobmass and even dare I say it jackett. Let's get behind h and do something in January transfer market. I know we never do but I strongly believe he will pull this round with some financial backing which has been some time ago

• December 27, 2014 at 01:30

Poxy result, Holloway must pick the right team 442 and players must play like lions not like pub team cubs.

• December 27, 2014 at 06:36

It's ok he is making Dunn his esistant manger before Sundays game

• December 27, 2014 at 06:54

Let's get back to proper wall 442 and a bit of bolox so out Dunn for a start

• December 27, 2014 at 06:55

Let's get back to proper wall 442 and a bit of bottle so out Dunn for a start

• December 27, 2014 at 08:00

IMO Ollie will stay and become one of our better managers. Yes, I agree that at this present time , he really doesn't know his best 11. Constant changes, week in , week out doe's nothing for a player's mental health. Doe's he like me, am I on my way out?
    Personally, as well documented on this thread, he has been lumbered with KJ's leftovers and Lomas's over payed prima - donnas. Give him the January transfer window, see what happens. Maybe 5-6, or even more will be moved on, but I think he will bring in 2-4 players that will be able to adapt to his way of playing. Hopefully this will be enough to keep us in this division, and then he has the summer to clear the rest of this lot out, bringing in more of his type of players.
    What we all have to remember is, that come January 2016, we wont be signing anyone because of the FFP ban we are facing. So let's get behind the team and IH, Let's show our support for this great club of ours, because I can guarantee you, not a single one of us really wants to be in League 1 next season.......

Millllllllllllll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• December 27, 2014 at 09:26

I have never backed olly and i never will he has a chairman & board for that...so b******* to all the s*** about getting behind him..f*** him i say...i will get behind the people who matter and that is the team(whatever that might be)..cos the fans dont know who the starting eleven is.simply cos it gets changed so f****** much...

• December 27, 2014 at 09:51

Seriously everyone with the Holloway out why? the guy is not the one on the pitch some of you need to start blaming the players on the pitch they are the ones that ware the shirt. They are ones that decided not to perform. the 27 that are out of contact in the summer most of them will go and Olie can then build his own team from scratch.
    If we have to go down for that to happen then so be it.

• December 27, 2014 at 10:52

@millwallgracie98:
      Holloway picks the team and even when the players play well he still changes them the next game?? That cant be the players fault...The buck stops with him, that's football and that's what he's paid for.

• December 27, 2014 at 09:57

So here he is Ian Holloway, nobody's having fun. Look to the future now we're heading for league one. To be sung to the tune of here it is merry Christmas by slade. For those who remember this was ringing out in the stands in 1995 to Mccarthy.

• December 27, 2014 at 10:15

Lack of investment over decades so we have punched above our weight but it seems we have been found out.

Who would we get if we sacked Holloway anyhow?

It seems to me from his team selection that he had written this one off and is looking to trounce Bournemouth!!!!

Let's hope it somehow happens!

• December 27, 2014 at 11:11

Thankfully I did not go yesterday but I have just seen the highlights on TV. The lack of effort after Norwich had been gifted a two goal start by Forde's errors is shocking, the players were just wandering about. This is not a team.
    Holloway is a serial failure who is failing again, he must walk soon surely.