bestkinky

Millwall boss: Jackett friendship on hold for 90 minutes

© Edmund Boyden
© Edmund Boyden

IAN Holloway insists his friendship with Kenny Jackett will be put on hold when Millwall host Wolves at The Den tomorrow.

The two men are close pals from their time working together at QPR – and it was Jackett who persuaded Holloway to fill the vacant Lions hotseat in January.

But ahead of their reunion on Saturday, Holloway said: "I wouldn’t be where I am now if it wasn’t for Kenny. We'll have a drink together but we’ll get our work over with first.

"Kenny returning to The Den is a point of interest but what really matters to me, the players and the fans is the result. Our focus has to be on that."

Newly-promoted Wolves have begun the season in fine form, winning five and drawing four of their first 11 Championship games.

Millwall, meanwhile, have not won a game since August.

"Kenny has got a good montauk-monster.com/pharmacy/propecia team and we looked a half-good team against Derby the weekend before last," Holloway added.

"I have to sieve through things, see where their strengths are and try to combat that by playing people who can do them some harm.

"I'm sure it will be a good game and a great atmosphere.

"Last time I played Wolves they were on their way down and I won 3-0 against them. But a resurgent Wolves under Kenny is a very different proposition.

"They've got used to winning and have carried that on into this division. It's all about applying ourselves in the right manner and getting over a blip.

"With the games we've got coming up, I'm looking for us to get back to winning ways.

"We need to extend our performances into getting proper results – we started off doing that but have fallen away, so let's get back to it."

8 thoughts on “Millwall boss: Jackett friendship on hold for 90 minutes

• October 17, 2014 at 14:56

Anyone know how many tickets sold for tomorrow?
    With the weather set to be barmy for this time of the year,return of Jacket,Wolves will have good support - I would hope for around 15,000.
    But I expect more like 11-12,000 ?
    Anyone remember the game against Wolves at the Old Den in the late 70`s.
    Wet day 17,000 odd,1-1 draw - I think Trevor Lee scored - I remember a cracking game against a good Wolves side ?

• October 17, 2014 at 16:22

@Longfield Lion: didn't matter what the weather was the match went ahead and the fans still came

• October 17, 2014 at 18:24

@Longfield Lion: There was a game in the 80's as well when the pitch looked like a lake and we passed them off the park. 2-0 I think and live on TV. Mind you, I have a s**** memory for games so could be way off!

• October 18, 2014 at 11:58

@Longfield Lion: I was there at the game the noise was incredible and I always member John Richards said in the News of the World the next day he was quite relieved when we scored as he thought we might shut up. Bit more of that today should work.

• October 17, 2014 at 22:24

I remember that game at the old den very well- its always stuck I'm my mind. Very dreary foggy afternoon....and one of the best atmospheres I can ever remember at the old place

• October 18, 2014 at 09:14

@fashs forearm: That's what I remember - the atmosphere.
      Because it was wet,everyone tried to crowd under the stands.
      Really cranked up the noise.
      Ah - the good old days,lol.

• October 18, 2014 at 13:02

I remember a match against wolves from the 90's when it was also pouring down with rain. We lost one nil and that Russian Vasilli Kokov got sent off after aiming what can only be described as a drop kick at one of their defenders who I think was Eric Young with the old head band on. COYL. Gutted I'm at work today but hoping we get a badly needed result and good performance. Miiii