bestkinky

Wolves star hoping for good reception from Millwall fans

©
©

JAMES Henry is hoping to get a good reception when he returns to Millwall for the first time on Saturday.

The winger, 25, made over 140 appearances for the Lions before he was sold to Wolves in October last year.

After being reunited with Kenny Jackett at Molineux, Henry scored ten goals in League One to help his new club win the title.

The former Reading man could start in Saturday's clash at The Den.

Speaking to NewsAtDen ahead of his return to SE16, Henry said: "I'd like to think I will get a good reception – I was at Millwall for five years and had some really good times there.

"You never know, though. Hopefully it will be good.

"I'm sure once the game starts that will change because the fans will be wanting their team to win and I will be wanting Wolves to win. I'm sure there will be no love lost.

"It's part of the game. Millwall fans were great to me when I was there – I loved playing in front of them at The Den."

Henry has denied that a falling out with ex-Millwall boss Steve Lomas led to his departure last season.

He added: "I don't think that was the case – I got on fine with Lomas and we had lots of chats.

"My form probably wasn't as good as it had been the season before and that's why I wasn't playing at the time.

"Sometimes in your career you need a move to freshen things up and I think that was the case with me."

28 thoughts on “Wolves star hoping for good reception from Millwall fans

• October 16, 2014 at 18:14

I think he may be disappointed?

• October 16, 2014 at 18:20

excuse me one moment...

hahahahahahahhaahhahahaahahaha!

• October 16, 2014 at 18:28

Ang on just one minute....he dumps us because he refuses to stick it out and expects respect. Av a word with yaself Jimmy h!!!

• October 16, 2014 at 18:39

Do one you ginger t*****.

• October 16, 2014 at 18:40

No chance pal, your attitude stinks! Every time things don't go your way you throw your toys out the pram. Fair do's when you was on form you did well for us but that's why you guys are paid so well. If you was remotely professional you would've stuck with us and fought for your place in the team when he who shall not be named was ere. I will certainly be giving you my fair share of stick. NOLU WDC.

• October 16, 2014 at 18:42

@mitchamscaff: For an example of a true professional go ask Jimmy for a bit of advice

• October 16, 2014 at 18:40

Now that is wishful thinking.

• October 16, 2014 at 18:42

Was a decent player for us. When we played wigan in the semi's , anyone who says they wasn't praying that he'd be fit for the game is a liar. He was our best player for a long while in that season and he put in some great performances for us over the years. He's not going to come out and openly s*** of lomas but that IS why he left. Best crosser of the ball we have had in donkey's years and haven't got remotely close to replacing him since. Short memories.

• October 16, 2014 at 18:57

@82wall: i actualy find myself agreeing with you he took over from chris hackrtt and didn't come up short..also scored some excellent goals..thats why the den used to echo his name..

• October 16, 2014 at 18:45

Sorry James , you tend to get a good reception if you leave us to move onto other things having tried 100% week in week out.
    Throwing strops both on and off the pitch don't fulfil our criteria !

• October 16, 2014 at 18:58

@Block 8:
      How do you no that he threw a strop off the pitch? I have it on very good authority he always wanted to play, was a big personality and always spoke up in the dressing room. Also at times was the ONLY player who could dig us out of a hole or create something out of nothing. No one I've ever spoke to, who's connected internally at Millwall has ever said a bad word about Henry.

• October 16, 2014 at 20:20

@82wall:
        I wouldn't expect anything less from his fellow staff. Very Professional attitude.

• October 16, 2014 at 22:22

@Block 8:
          Great way of avoiding the actual point. Again I ask, where has it ever been revealed Henry was throwing a strop off the pitch ? He hasn't. People just jump on certain players backs for no reason sometimes. Like I say, we haven't replaced him since he left. And players like Henry cost money that Millwall football club won't spend.

• October 16, 2014 at 18:50

Jacket - YES.
    Henry - NO WAY.

That's just the way it is.

• October 16, 2014 at 19:14

I liked Henry and thought that on his day he was a very important player, that scored goals and could cross the ball, something that we are missing at the moment. However when he refused to sign a new contract, basically forcing us to sell him at a time when we were struggling and needed a player like him, I now think that he deserves all the abuse that he will get this Saturday. KJ on the other hand, although he left us in the mire, he served us well for 5 years, and deserves a great welcome back.

• October 16, 2014 at 19:28

he won't start for them so will run the gauntlet in front of the boys in 28. if you think the backing you got was nice when you played for us, you're in for a shock in front of block28. see ya saturday w.a.n.k.e.r

• October 16, 2014 at 20:23

@TONY BLOCK28: i suppose we're gonna get a s*** load of stewards in B28 saturday

• October 17, 2014 at 19:50

@Jim28: hey ho so be it!

• October 16, 2014 at 19:28

2 hopes James - bob hope and no hope.....
    Did score some important goals for us though, so I can't put him into my little book of hated players.....!
    Best way to get at him is 3 points to the wall.. COYL!!!!!

• October 16, 2014 at 19:36

Worse thing to do is to get on his case, because you know what will happen? Yes he will score the WINNER. The way I see it is to take little notice of him,then if he does score then give to him.

• October 16, 2014 at 21:10

Don't worry Henry. I still love you!

• October 16, 2014 at 21:21

I can expect a slating after this, but I'm young, and haven't been around to see the likes of a young Harris or claridge or cahill, but Henry was probably one of the best players I've seen for millwall in my time. And I loved the way he played; liked to beat a player (or two) his crosses could match anyone's, and every goal he scored was a cracker. And that is why I like him so much. Not only that, but he was honest. He thanked us and wished us well when he left (chris wood take note you c***) I will not be hurling abuse at him.

• October 17, 2014 at 03:59

I dont give a f**k who he is or what he's done in the past. He aint millwall no more. iv've been millwall all my life, probably just like the rest of you boys + we will continue 2 be millwall until we die but we dont get no good reception. Your our foe now not our friend. Hit the dislike button as much as u want but u know im telling the truth. Think about it imagine if he joined west spam instead of wolves. Would he be getting a good reception tomorrow haha i dont think so nd 2 me its all the same. MFC2ID

• October 17, 2014 at 08:05

For the years he was at the club he was one of, if not, the best player there. Provided a massive outlet on the wing which we have missed since he has gone. Was sold for well under what he was worth and Jackett took advantage of the situation. I don't blame him for moving on, I Blame that ginger headed F**K Lomas for putting us in the s**t.

• October 17, 2014 at 09:26

When jackett was here you was guaranteed a place in the team, soon as he went you weren't & instead of fighting for your place you f***** off. So you deserve all your going to get. P

• October 17, 2014 at 09:43

How funny, he left us cos he wasn't being played, and a half decent player at that, and he gets slagged off. Jacket leaves and states going to wolves is like a 5 star hotel, and most on here rate him as a god! Priceless! Personally, f*** the pair of them and let's hope they both have a s*** game

• October 17, 2014 at 13:30

Good player for us, but why on earth is he coming to NAD
    asking for a 'Good Reception'?
    If he and KJ want a pat on the back for good work done,
    go and see teacher. They had more than enough (deserved) back patting while at the Den.
    The mind boogles with some of the drivel these pro's come out with.