bestkinky

Scott McDonald is enjoying his football again – Millwall boss

LIONS fans can expect to see a revitalised Scott McDonald in action this season, according to boss Ian Holloway.

Holloway believes the 30-year-old is enjoying his football again after experiencing a mixed debut campaign with Millwall last year.

In January, McDonald's future at The Den was cast into doubt by suggestions he was unhappy at the club.

But Holloway says the Australian has impressive in pre-season training and is adapting well to a new role as an attacking midfielder.

"I'm delighted with Scott – he's come back really fit and focused," Holloway said.

"I think he's enjoying his football again and that's so important for him.

"I want him to be happier in his body language and I've seen that. He doesn't enjoy being on the losing team in training and he gets a bit prickly with people, but that's what you want.

"I want people to care him.

"I don't have any issue with Scott and I didn't have before. When I came in I had a squad to sort out – sometimes you crack the whip here and there to see if it has an effect."

15 thoughts on “Scott McDonald is enjoying his football again – Millwall boss

• August 1, 2014 at 12:32

Everyone has a opinion on SM.mainly due to the 2nd half of the season.no one was complaining about his perfomances early on.of course his goal against charlton & winning the pen at reading didn't do him any harm with the fans.but no sooner did he become our leading scorer lomas drop him.this was the time he got the hump cos he couldn't see a reason for the it

• August 1, 2014 at 12:33

Well I feel a whole lot better knowing MCDONALD is enjoying playing the game I've spent a small fortune paying subs on a Sunday to play and another fortune paying to watch MILLWALL for years and years, and cheer on and get excited about prima doña 's like him as he takes his 30 grand a week. Oh, and I know I am one of many on here doing the same as me , so you should all be feeling better about this news like me, FFS

• August 1, 2014 at 12:45

If he turns into a SCORING midfielder,he could turn out to be a gem ?

• August 1, 2014 at 13:10

I don't know or particularly care how much wages Scott McDonald gets paid or, for that matter, any employee of MFC. If any wage/salary is within the board approved budget and deemed to be okay by the manager, and it doesn't disrupt the team/club harmony then that's good enough for me.

• August 1, 2014 at 13:14

In other news.... looks like Leon Best is going Derby on loan.... we'll never sign this striker we need - Leeds aren't budging on Matt Smith! Shola Ameobi anyone?

• August 1, 2014 at 14:29

just shows how lomas nearly destroyed our club let alone players.i hope McDonald has a good season and lomas rots somewhere!

• August 1, 2014 at 14:42

Dave Martin would start before him in the attacking midfielder role, but he is good cover in the event of Martin getting injured again.

• August 1, 2014 at 15:23

@glyngo: have you just stepped out of your Tardis?

• August 1, 2014 at 17:45

hitting the target might be a great start. but if he comes good then get in there

• August 1, 2014 at 19:02

What a skillfull and talented player .. In every game last season that he played he goes end to end . the goal at Charlton he picked the ball up deep in our half and a 1-2 with wagohorn and a dogged finish , i belive a great THROUGH BALL FOR WOOLFORD AT THE DEN from deepin our half and a volly . A £ 3 million player what AN ASSET to the club he proberly talks the same language as Ollie in football
    good to see he is in the right mode c

• August 2, 2014 at 10:16

I think that an attacking midfield playing role for SM is a good call. He has a very good first touch and the skill to make a good fist of it. We have not had enough goals coming from midfield for far too long now. A goal scoring midfielder is worth his wait in gold (Timmy and Alex Rae to name a couple). You can get away with it if you have two good front players like Teddy and Cas scoring 25 each a season but I can't see too many goals coming from our forwards this year....

• April 12, 2017 at 09:11

I have read several good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a great informative web site.