bestkinky

Millwall starlet Nelson out for four weeks with broken foot

SID NELSON will miss at least a month of action after breaking a bone in his foot.

The young centre back, who recently starred for the first team in a pre-season friendly against Stevenage, fractured a metatarsal playing for the U21s against Billericay Town last weekend.

Nelson's injury has frustrated manager Ian Holloway, who was not aware that the 18-year-old was playing in the game.

"I wanted him to play for the first-team in a practice game but unbeknown to me played for the U21s and broke his foot," Holloway said.

"I'm not very happy about that but such is life. He'll be out for a minimum of four weeks but it could be more than that if there's an additional problem.

"I wouldn't have played him in that game – I'd have played him in a training game amongst ourselves, so I think we've got that wrong.

"I didn't know he was playing because he was carrying a knock and I didn't think he was fit. I was delighted with how he played against Stevenage."

Meanwhile, Millwall are yet to receive an offer for either Danny Shittu or Paul Robinson.

The experienced duo have been told they are free to find new clubs this summer.

"There's nothing happening at the moment but there will be because they are too good for somebody not to take them," Holloway said.

"But if I get some injuries, I'd have no problem with either of those lads filling in. Danny is getting fitter all the time and Robbo is a great bloke."

11 thoughts on “Millwall starlet Nelson out for four weeks with broken foot

• July 30, 2014 at 11:14

Bombers in for a b*********!!!

• July 30, 2014 at 11:35

Communication Gents.
    It's pretty straightforward stuff.
    Hope to see you back soon Sid. You look a real talent for our future with the added bonus that you are Wall through and through.

• July 30, 2014 at 12:05

Gutted for the lad Sid has shown great promise for the oncoming season also its a little worrying our manager doesn't know when players are being used as Wall2wall said Communication

• July 30, 2014 at 12:33

Was at the billericay game, first time watching Nelson play, he really impressed me with his leadership qualities and his communication at the back, he has a bit of pace and is decent in the air, my only complaint is that we conceded from a set piece and that he didn't really take responsibility. He certainly looks like he could force his way into the team.

O'Brien also impressed me with his control and ability to hold the ball up, I was a little concerned that he won virtually nothing in the air but ran the channels well and should have got on the score sheet at least twice but for a couple of good saves.

With Freddie, Nelson and O'Brien. The future is bright, the future is Millwall.

• July 30, 2014 at 23:11

@dragonflymfc: was also there love what Harris is doing with the kids they respect him a lot.

Agree about o'brien struggling in the air but he took his goal really well. What were your thoughts on Kris Twardek? I thought he looked good, bit wet behind the ears but only 17 but when he could've shot he laid it off for the winner and seems to be an intelligent little lad all six foot plus of him!!!

• July 31, 2014 at 09:41

@Bones: agree about twardek, looked very composed on the ball and had excellent ball control, I always like players constantly looking for the ball and making themselves look busy, he made a very good impact. He does look like he could be well built with his size and will trouble defenders.

• July 30, 2014 at 13:01

After all this pre season positivity at last ive got my old Millwall back
    Future captain Nelson break foot at start of season
    Millwall hot prospect Fred on way to Yeovil on loan
    Shittu racing to improve fitness
    Bywater actually catches cross in local friendly

was getting worried for a minute

• July 30, 2014 at 14:47

@mfc2u: gutted for the lad but he'll be back no worries COYL

• July 30, 2014 at 18:10

Fk me. It's four weeks on full pay with free top medical care, hardly a tragedy for the lad. A bit of perspective please.

• July 30, 2014 at 23:21

Injuries happen in practice games as well, Ollie should be on top of things and know exactly who is playing where.

• July 31, 2014 at 00:37

Looks like a smack botty for Harris.