Holloway coy on Gueye’s absence from Stevenage friendly – News at Den
bestkinky

Holloway coy on Gueye's absence from Stevenage friendly

IAN Holloway was giving little away when asked about trialist Magaye Gueye's absence from Millwall's friendly at Stevenage on Saturday.

Gueye, a free agent after leaving Everton, has been training with the Lions for over a week and impressed in the 1-0 win over Dartford last Tuesday.

The 24-year-old briefly returned to France to spend time with his family but was training with the squad again ahead of the game at the Lamex Stadium.

However, Gueye did not feature in the 2-2 draw.

Holloway kept his cards close to his chest after the match but did hint montauk-monster.com/pharmacy/modafinil that he may already have offered the winger a contract.

"Where was he? Well, that's none of your business! I might have him locked away in a box," said the Lions boss with a grin.

"He went back to France for a bit but I'm not going to say where he is at the moment. I'd rather not say because I really like him.

"As far as I am concerned, I'm sorting one or two things out and I cannot say anymore than that, otherwise I'll have to shoot you or I'll self-destruct in five seconds."

39 thoughts on “Holloway coy on Gueye's absence from Stevenage friendly

• July 21, 2014 at 09:24

Holloway the things you say sometimes do make me laugh ‘I might have him locked away in a box," said the Lions boss with a grin’ – makes a Monday a little bit better lol

• July 21, 2014 at 09:58

That's more like it Ollie your one liners are great they keep the press amused while not giving nothing away. So when does he sign then.

• July 21, 2014 at 10:51

@block 28: what about the threat to self distruct....haha still laughing

• July 21, 2014 at 10:33

What a feast of news to start the week. Reading Ollie’s comments you can really start to understand his personality which I am sure is how the team is handled. It seems to me that a completely no nonsense approach is taken and everyone knows where they stand, i.e. the Danny and Robbo situation but I would think that mixed with that is a sense of fun that can only bond the team, and come to that the fans together. He really is a one off, a bit like the fans, and if you add Birch and Bomber into the mix I would think there are not many club’s that have more laughs within the group which is why, reading between the lines, the personality and attitude of a player seems very important to him. As many have said we will not know how all this is going to work this season but I have to say I do not think I have looked forward to the start with so much anticipation.

• July 21, 2014 at 10:38

Now that we have several players being looked at or playing in friendlies I don't think there's any question that we're going to sign a couple of these. From Ollie's comments, it looks very likely that Robinson and Shittu are going to be given free transfers. I also see that Lowry has signed for Orient on a 2yr deal. All positives.

• July 21, 2014 at 10:52

@block 28: what about the threat to self distruct....haha still laughing@NICKOLA: yeah it's important that we look after our lads that showed loyalty even if their ability was on the slide

• July 21, 2014 at 11:10

I really hope Ollie gets this lad in he fits in the slot superbly Go get him Boss

IOIT

• July 21, 2014 at 11:54

Thats wot we expected from the mental one..not the normal managers dribble..having a crac instead..

• July 21, 2014 at 12:22

Millwall Potential XI 14-15 if we sign guys on Trial... (rubbing hands together)
    GK David Ford
    RB Carlos Edwards
    CB Bryon Webster/Alan dunne
    CB Mark Beavers/Sid Nelson
    LB Scott Malone/Matthew Briggs
    RM Magaye Gueye/Richard Chaplow
    CM Nicky Bailey/Fred Onyedinma
    CM Ed Upson/Shaun Williams
    LM Martin Mutumba/Martyn Woolford
    CAM Lee Martin/Scott Macdonald
    ST Lee Gregory/Riccardo Fuller/Jermain Easter/John Marquis

Actually got a squad which is hard to pick a team from ha not happened in a while!!

• July 21, 2014 at 12:28

@luke9566: I like the look of it too, although I can remember a few periods we had a squad it was hard to pick a team from - because they were nearly all rubbish!

• July 21, 2014 at 12:57

@luke9566: Loved it until you got to ST. Unless Gregory starts scoring I don't see a lot of goals there.

• July 21, 2014 at 20:10

@luke9566: cant see any improvement on last years squad

• July 22, 2014 at 08:50

@thecolumbusblock: can i ask the dislikes where the improvement is ? The manager has no money to spend and we're days away from the start of the season without a proven striker, hoping that the new kid can hit it off with fuller or easter, this is premiership 2 , look around the other squads , im not blaming anybody because we are a third tier supported club punching above our weight, i just think we need to realise that before stark reality bites us on the a*** .

• July 21, 2014 at 12:24

Id rather get lua lua that plays for brighton Hese skill full , young and has bag of pase & also Leicester are willing to listen to offers for Chris Wood , anyone think we should get him?

• July 21, 2014 at 12:29

@boblion: Only if we can get him for a lot less than we offered for him last time - just to rub Leicester's nose in it.

• July 21, 2014 at 22:06

@junkmale:

Report in mirror (yes I know ok) wolves looking to offer 2 mill for woods

• July 21, 2014 at 12:31

@boblion: I am a fan of Kezenga lua lua and Chris wood i think we should get him if we can as in all honesty i dont think marquis is good enough for a starting place and although I like Easter hes not gonna get double figures.. Wood would fit the bill

• July 21, 2014 at 12:37

@luke9566: yh I think if we get Wood he will maybe partner Gregory up front depending on the formation , Easter , Mac , Fuller and Marquis I don't think will score a lot of goals.

• July 21, 2014 at 13:58

@boblion: Where did you hear about Chris Wood?

• July 22, 2014 at 12:04

@Dazi: if Wolves wanna pay 2 million they are nuts. He has still got to prove himself as a regular starter for a whole season in the Championship. If we could get him for 1 million I think that is a gamble worth taking.

• July 22, 2014 at 18:12

my pals a Brighton fan ( yes ive just admitted that ) he says your lucky to get half a season from him and is used as a sub a lot because after 30 minutes he is knackered doesn't seem to stop him against us though @boblion:

• July 21, 2014 at 13:52

Here I go with my prediction, OUR LIONS WILL FINISH 4TH IN THE LEAGUE, so there.

• July 21, 2014 at 14:14

@terry the turk lion: Cannot agree with a bit of optimism, but don't be upset if we finish 16th this season!!

I would be absolutely over the moon if we finish top 10, mid-table this season with us playing proper football... not that hoof sh**, with proper tactics... at least it won't be boring this year!

• July 21, 2014 at 14:15

@Bradders: Meant to say *cannot agree more with a bit of optimism!

• July 22, 2014 at 11:00

@Bradders: Hi Bradders Please see my comment to Frank

• July 21, 2014 at 18:00

@terry the turk lion: Got to disagree with you there Terry... We'll win the league - the F.A cup and that coca cola thing! EEEEASSSSYYYY!

• July 21, 2014 at 20:20

@Luke ColdBlow10: there you go thats the spirit, and the player of the year and manager of the year and horse the year show, and the eurovision song contest.

• July 21, 2014 at 14:16

I think its on the cards IH wants this youngster, lets hope he succeeds. I see Jacket has offered Leicester £2 million for Woods, wish we had that kind of money.

• July 21, 2014 at 15:03

@Peckhamlad: wood dont often come out of the midlands..so a move to wolves looks to be the bookies choice..the same bookie will never give you odds KJ would spend 2 million..

• July 21, 2014 at 19:52

Is Holloway 'avin a laugh ............It's getting very close to a serious match and there is NO PROVEN GOAL SCORER. See above link ...F****ng Uganda ? If that is an example of the new aspirations, Prem League etc, then it's obviously a case of 'here we go again' ! Maybe Ginger did what he could along with the backing of the same herberts that are running the show now !

````

• July 21, 2014 at 20:22

frank take a pill mate your blood pressure will do you in, have faith mate

• July 21, 2014 at 21:44

@terry the turk lion: TT...believe me, I hope I'm wrong. But I can't help feeling that, after 45 years as a paying believer , I've heard all this before !...Always had faith, just a lot of it misplaced/misjudged. Take a look at that link and see what you think. The leeds bloke has obviously vanished. Man-of-the-match v Dartford (M.G) might go the same way. Now where'd I leave those pills ?

• July 22, 2014 at 10:56

@frank: Hi Frank, just a bit of tongue in cheek mate i've been going to games since 1967 I'm not stupid just havin a giggle seeing what others predict, Honestly I think around 10th or 12th, but the following season......

• July 21, 2014 at 22:08

On his way to us hopefully.

• July 21, 2014 at 22:50

Dislike all ya like, if I said the Wood bloke will score a lot of goals the knobs 'like' that !
    If I try to state facts the same knobs 'dislike' ! Still it's the school Hols, so only to be expected.
    Sign Wood ?........More chance of signing Bale ! Sorry. 🙁

• July 22, 2014 at 09:57

this guy look relly good plus his stats well done ollie on getting this lad in now sign him sign him please

• July 22, 2014 at 14:22

He certainly looks good as well as the other winger we ate taking on trial. We are looking at Briggs to give competition to Malone at Left Back. IF they all sign we will certainly have good cover in all positions except the strikers. Gregory is unproven at this level. Easter, McDonald and Marquis scored 6 league goals between them last season. Fuller isn't a prolific scorer either so unless we sign another proven striker I can't see where the goals will come from. I hope I am wrong but I think we will still struggle unless we take more of the chances we were creating last season.

• July 22, 2014 at 14:28

If I don't hear about the signings of a striker and Gueye soon, I will self destruct!