bestkinky

Trialist Gueye in wrangle with agent, reveals Millwall boss

MILLWALL trialist Magaye Gueye is at odds with his contracted agent, manager Ian Holloway has revealed.

The middle man who organised Gueye's stint with the Lions does not legally represent the ex-Everton winger, who impressed in the midweek friendly win at Dartford.

If Holloway decides to pursue a deal for the 24-year-old, he would have to negotiate with the correct middle man.

"It's a very common thing with young French players," the Millwall boss said.

"They sign something when they're really young and without a club but then they eventually want to change their agent.

"Unless the original agent agrees to let him go, there is still a contract there.

"Unfortunately for Magaye premier-pharmacy.com/product-category/adhd/ he's still signed to his old agent."

Holloway has been impressed with Gueye since he linked up with the Lions on trial last week and admits he is considering making the attacker a contract offer.

He said: "Gueye hasn't been training with anybody so he's been training on his own but to be honest I quite like the look of him. I'm getting on fine with him.

"I liked our conversation we had when he first came over but I didn't like how he played last year.

"Sometimes people have issued and problems with their families and unfortunately his off-field life affected him on the field.

"He's somebody I'm definitely thinking about – he's only 24."

22 thoughts on “Trialist Gueye in wrangle with agent, reveals Millwall boss

• July 18, 2014 at 10:56

I would love to see the day when millwall actually break there record transfer fee because at the minute all we are doing is signing freebies, trialists (freebies again I suppose) and loans, ok we bought that geezer whose name I can't remember at the minute from Halifax, I hope he footballs better than their banking put it that way! Whilst Brentford and bought the kid from Leyton orient and Andre Gray two signing better than we currently have especially the kid from orient! We get Fuller who I won't judge until I see him but I can't see 10 goals from him 5 even, marquis please I'm not even going to bother, Easter bench warmer McDonald's I've had better burgers than him, we struggled badly last year and it wasn't nice for the supporters who pay a lot of money to watch rubbish, I understand we don't have big gates but signing fuller and Gregory I think his name is now won't bring In the people, signing players who people want to see will bring the crowds in and we haven't done that as of yet and I don't see us doing it either, anyone else agree? Before anyone mentions it I have already got my season ticket and Fulham so yes I do go

• July 18, 2014 at 11:29

@millwall-1988: some fans will say we are a poor club..this is for them..in 89-90 season we got a striker for 800k this remains our most expensive signing eves..paul goddard..(useless)..today will we fork out 750k for smith,doubt it

• July 18, 2014 at 11:49

@millwall-1988: totally agree, remember back in Mick McCartheys day when we had the 2 Russians , albiet took the p**s, but at the beginning they bought in the crowds to the Den, well a few more , maybe a well known name not to old would do the same , but a player we would need

• July 18, 2014 at 11:55

@Jingles: in my opinion that's what it needs, supporters need to get excited at watching a player, the big teams like Leeds etc only bring the crowds because of the away support and the banter etc, it needs an injection of excitement it needs 1 player to do that! I really think we missed out on the Leyton orient kid he went for a million but I bet my gf on it that he's not there for long and goes on to bigger and better and they make a tasty profit

• July 18, 2014 at 16:41

Hahaha the Russians vasaline and kockoff! First gate after their arrival was14k at home to Port Vale. Both of them were overweight. Haha what about Ewe Fuchs! Ah the memories of a much simpler time hahaha.

• July 18, 2014 at 15:32

@millwall-1988: If we're playing well and playing good football, good position in the table, the crowds will come.

• July 18, 2014 at 11:03

Aldo are you having problems with the Like button as it does not seem to work very often?

• July 18, 2014 at 12:13

@Sealion: The old like system was dying...so we've scrapped it. New system with dislike button is now live and should be more reliable.

• July 18, 2014 at 13:08

@Alex Aldridge: I have just tried to like your last comment and also another post but when I click on the like button it looks like it is going to work but the total doesn't increase.

• July 18, 2014 at 18:25

@Alex Aldridge: I am a little bit perplexed as to why so many seemingly reasonable posts have a much higher percentage of dislikes than likes? Personally I think the dislike option is only ever going to cause problems and create a "clicky" or hostile environment on here especially after a few light ales.

I would imagine this could get a record amount of dislikes if I know you lot!!! Ha

• July 18, 2014 at 11:35

@Alex Aldridge: what is the price they put on smith? Do you know who else he has his eye on? Or can't you spill the beans?

• July 18, 2014 at 11:07

SLP has also got ollie interested in signing but one other thing he mentioned was the wages he got at everton would have to be lower..i like to know how do we do buisness with him

• July 18, 2014 at 18:34

@Jim28: Would it not make more sense to stop making our transfer targets public knowledge? It alerts other clubs, it can drive the price up, agents can start playing silly buggers and ramp up wage demands and add ons etc.

I appreciate that in these times of social media, information is craved by fans like never before and the club obviously want to convey to them that we are actively trying to get quality players in but I for one would rather wait to hear about done deals or even deals that slipped the net rather than getting false hope.

• July 18, 2014 at 11:18

I hope we sign him and Briggs.
    But I still would like that goalscorer,we will desperately need.
    Cannot see Gregory/Fuller getting loads of goals.
    McDonald do not know what to make of him.
    Marquis/Easter are a waste of space.

• July 18, 2014 at 11:47

@Longfield Lion.: from the SLP ollie expects fuller to play up front in every game..(played 31 times last year)..gueye went home to france but is expected to return to training today( perhaps he went to sort his agent out..lets hope so..cos reading the article it gives the impression he wants him as a winger & striker

• July 18, 2014 at 11:50

Millwall making excuses already about trying to sign Gueye. If they can't find the agent ask Everton how they signed him. Sounds like hot air to me.

• July 18, 2014 at 14:08

Hope this can be sorted out like the look of this kid think he can do a job for us , as for the agent if Ollie phones Harry Redcrap up im sure he can explain how the brown envelope thing works

• July 18, 2014 at 17:32

I hope IH pulls out all the stops to sign him, the team needs a pacey winger. But I agree with others why can't we buy anyone ? By the way there is no such thing as a free transfer, they all cost in one way or the other.

• July 18, 2014 at 18:27

I think his agent lives in Leicester.