bestkinky

PSG's Jean-Eudes Maurice fails to make the grade at Millwall

© Actionplus
© Actionplus

MILLWALL boss Ian Holloway has chosen to end PSG winger Jean-Eudes Maurice's trial with the club.

The 28-year-old had been training with the Lions for the past week but did not feature in the 1-0 friendly win at Dartford on Tuesday night.

"I've let Maurice go," Holloway said.

"I don't really want to say he wasn't good enough but what I’m looking for is very specific. With his age and where he is, I didn't want to waste any more of his time.

"To be honest with you it's a very high standard I want to bring in here.

"I believe some of our kids will play next season so if Fred Onyedinma has looked better than him and sharper than him, Maurice wouldn't get a chance.

"I'd rather work with Fred at the moment and I knew that all along, so he had a bit of a tough task on his hands.

However, former Everton winger Magaye Gueye has been invited to continue his trial in SE16.

Holloway added: "He’s got some talent. I've invited him back but whether that means I get him or not, I don't know.

"I think he's got a lot of ability and maybe we could polish him up if the group is strong enough to get him fitter.

"He created three chances in a training game the other day and we scored all three of them."

When asked about the trial of former Fulham defender Matthew Briggs, Holloway said: "I'm sure he will still be here."

Jay Taylor

(@jay_taylor18)

23 thoughts on “PSG's Jean-Eudes Maurice fails to make the grade at Millwall

• July 16, 2014 at 14:08

Sounds like they may both be signed.(Gueye/Briggs)
    Just wish we could find that GOALSCORER we desperately need.

• July 16, 2014 at 14:14

If he got an assist helping jimmy abdou score a goal then sign up him haha
    All jokes a side Briggs and Gueye sound like decent signings if they sign.

As longfield said we need a striker, Id say ollies got this very well covered though.

• July 16, 2014 at 14:18

Would be nice if we profit off the back of Everton, think they owe us in a big way after nickin one from a few years ago!

• July 16, 2014 at 14:52

Fuller signed on OW.

• July 16, 2014 at 14:52

Fuller signed on one year deal

• July 16, 2014 at 14:57

@Garrick: great news !!!!!!
      What a joke, he's utter s****, nice one IH, would of rather stArted Marquis!!
      Another season of struggling, feel like giving my ST back!
      Really p***** off with this one, if he scores 5 goals all season I will run round south london naked!

• July 16, 2014 at 21:57

@dpendet:

I will keep you to that - and post your picture on all other Millwall sites if it happens.

• July 16, 2014 at 15:15

@Garrick: I am one of those in previous posts who has said please don't sign Fuller. However, Ollie proved us wrong when he signed Edwards and the Hoff towards the end of last season so I am prepared to reserve judgement if he is intending to sign another target man as well. It might be that Ollie intends to use Fuller as an impact player in the last part of a game. I certainly that a Fuller type player but a few years younger will be needed to create the goal scoring chances for Gregory. Two of them in the squad would be a bit different from last season when all we had were midgets Easter, McDonald, Campbell and Jackson.

• July 16, 2014 at 21:20

@denslions: all this nonsense about the Hoff being a good signing , 2 goals in 11 games for crying out loud , I'm pleased he's gone .

• July 17, 2014 at 01:10

@southstandview: He may have only scored 2 goals but he made space for others,on many occasion he had 2 or 3 players marking him,most notebly when woolford got the space to score against bournmouth,and at the end of the day he was a part of the team that did brilliant to save us from relegation,so unlike you i think he did well for us his only problem was, he thought he was a lot better than he was.
          plus you seem to forget he came to us without any match fitness and for the first four or five games he was blowing out his backside after a short time,so what do you want from a player.
          I think taking in mind the situation he came from [not playing a match for nine months] and the situation he came to {millwall on the verge of being relegated,i thought he did really well for us.
          Im just glad you are not in charge of picking the team.

• July 17, 2014 at 07:23

@jim1222: some people are easily pleased I suppose but if you want success your strikers have to score goals

• July 17, 2014 at 08:45

@jim1222: you really are so gullible you believe everything the club tell you

• July 16, 2014 at 15:08

Give your season ticket back dpendet....we dont need people like you....i trust holloway more than you.

• July 16, 2014 at 15:12

@DEPENDET: yeah, and if he scores a few and playes well for us remember to come on here and tell us that Ollie knows far more than you, no worries though, I'll. remind you mate.

• July 16, 2014 at 15:14

My take on Fuller signing is;
    If IH can get him playing/scoring and and ends up with about 12/15 goals would be good signing.
    He is a proven scorer over the years (unlike other 30+year old strikers we have signed in past).

But I would be a lot happier if we get Smith as well.Gives us more options up front.

• July 16, 2014 at 15:14

Last season Blackpool averaged 1.26 points per game with Fuller (27 games) and 0.63 without (19 games)

• July 17, 2014 at 01:12

@Garrick: Well said Garrick that should shut a few of the moaners up.

• July 16, 2014 at 15:30

Not keen on Fuller but understand that his experience could prove invaluable in many ways. I just hope he isn't on a high basic wage & that he needs to work hard for bonuses?!

• July 16, 2014 at 15:44

I too was not very happy when I heard about us being interested in Fuller I must admit, but then again did say on a previous post I would not be unhappy with Morrison coming back. Thinking about it in Ricardo we do have a very similar player. Ollie has certainly done his homework as to the type of fella he said ‘he has come highly recommended from Crystal Palace coach David Kemp - who worked with the front man at Stoke. Holloway also sounded out Blackpool goalkeeper Matt Gilks about the Jamaican. "When you get to 34 like Ricardo has, people say things which sometimes aren't true so it's best to find out about him yourself," Let’s be honest like all the new signings, and come to that the old guard, we don’t know what he will be like in an Ollie type team, I do know that he always seemed to do well against us and if the reports are correct someone of his experience and attitude working alongside young Fred and the inexperienced Gregory may just be the role model we are looking for, and if he gets a hat trick against the anoraks what a laugh that will be! Give him a chance get behind him he is one of ours now.

• July 16, 2014 at 15:49

Fuller certainly would not be my first choice but in Ollie i trust 100% and like what im hearing about the other 2 and as said ABOVE if the Everton kid can assist a Jimmy goal he could be exactly what we need..

Go get em Ollie
    IOIT

• July 16, 2014 at 18:10

was at the game last night i thought the psg kid played ...blimey that beer they serve at Dartford is alright ..... and how come our Jimmy scoring is not headline news ive always said the boys a natural striker

• July 16, 2014 at 18:36

That's a headline you thought you would never see
    psg kid fails to make the grade at Millwall
    whatever next Messi considering future after being left on the bench again at the Den

• July 16, 2014 at 18:38

maybe a blessing as I remember getting very excited by the news of the arrival of the two Russians one ended up so addicted to pie n mash he needed help to get up off a chair.... the other was regularly seen leaving Cheeks in Deptford and driving so drunk it took him three and a half hours to get home to Bromley
    ah happy times ....