Millwall boss doesn't foresee "massive changes" in summer

©

©

IAN Holloway has revealed that he is unlikely to make "massive changes" to the Millwall squad this summer.

The Lions boss will attend a three-day board meeting this week to plan for the future and has revealed he plans to build a new team around the existing "core" of players.

Holloway admitted that Millwall's end-of-season form has made him reconsider the extent of the overhaul needed at The Den during the close season.

"I've literally ripped up the list of transfer targets - so well done to my players," he said.

"It's all about wanting to be here, playing the way that I want and showing passion - and I think you can see that.

"We need to keep the ball and be a bit braver, and the fans need to understand where I'm going, but I'm really looking forward to next season.

"I'm excited about the young players at the club, getting the balance of the squad right and trying to get a better team for the chairman because he deserves one.

"He's a wonder fella and I've really enjoyed working with Andy Ambler - how calm he is and how he works.

"I'm looking forward to Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday because I've already got some things worked out and written down to show to the board.

"I want to grow the club and I'm excited about doing that. We've got five or six young kids who I can't wait to work with.

"I'm going to dissect what we've already got, who we're already committed to and where that leaves us with Financial Fair Play, because there are new rules coming in.

"The chairman might have to spend some money to make massive changes but I'm not sure I want to really. We've got a core going.

"I want to move the place forward. I'll have a little bit of time off and I'll be on the phone left, right and centre but I've got a chief scout and last year I didn't have one at Palace.

"That damn nearly killed me!"

Comments

1. carewlion says:

So Ollie it's good to are that you have a core but the deadwood needs to chopped from the club and a good balance between the up and coming youngsters and experience pro's . I think next season we will move forward and not be in the same position as we have been this and last season

2. glenbur says:

Surely with the loanees and players out of contract we will see pretty much a different squad. Morison, Jackson, meirhoffer, lowry, fredericks, Edwards, martin, forde, Feeney and garvan could all be gone and that would leave us bare bones. Players such as wright, smith, bywater, marquis, abdou will not push us forward. So there needs to be changes.

• grassgrower says:

Is there a reasonable chance that some of that group of out of contracts/ loanees can be retained?and which ones do ya reckon would be a good fit in a reworked squad? @glenbur:

• @glenbur: hope your not right about the players left behind glenbur, god help us, we need big changes ( like forwards?).

• glyngo says:

@foxy: def keep Carlos Edwards and Maierhofer, both have shown that they offer something missing from our squad. Still undecided what I think of Moro

• southstandview says:

@glyngo: sorry I'd bin stefan 2 goals in 11 appearances is not good enough in fact I'd bin all of the strikers

• @southstandview: well said glyngo, I've lost count how many times I've posted that we nee d top class strikers, and before anyone starts saying what top striker would play for us remember money talks.

• TheBermondseyBomber says:

@southstandview: think the Hof is getting better each game - he was severely unfit when he signed - think we should keep him - Moro and Jackson cost far too much in wages for what they bring though - sack em!

• potty1 says:

@glyngo: I think we should keep Moro, whilst he wasnt a prolific goal scorer the ones he did get probably went a long way in keeping our status. Also he had poor service initially.

• Geoff the lion says:

@glyngo: agree, Carlos has done well, the hoff shows potential and can add a different dimension. Keep in mind he is still not fit enough! Morrison can crawl back where he came from, can't win a header when challenged, no pace, and bloody lazy. SJ hasn't got it, those two misses Saturday said it all. Don't think dunny is consistent enough, bailey a maybe. Haven't seen enough of chaplow to be impressed. I would keep the hoff, Easter, Martin, woolford, Bailey, garvan, Malone, Beevers, not sure about lowry, shittu and Robinson as they haven't had a great season

3. DELBOY64 says:

well done IH the guys showed what they can do so why not keep them and just bring in a couple of players i would try to sign morro and carlos and certainly the Hoff and bring the youngstets in but i would not bring in too many. get rid of hoyte,bywater,bessone,smith and dare i say it garvan who wants bigger than us

4. DELBOY64 says:

think lowry will go he is a liability in terms of suspensions and i dont think IH rates him

5. eddiebrewer says:

agree with all the comments about Dunne,blue through and through had the guts to stand up and tell them want it means to play for Millwall,looking forward to see what happens in the summer

6. glyngo says:

I think this comment is meant to calm expectations, Ollie is surely planning to move on those players that have not featured at all this season. I still think Wright is a Holloway type of player and with correct coaching may yet feature next season.

• timchimes says:

@glyngo:

wright is slow unfortunately like garvan - reasonable on the ball but we can't afford too many slow players in midfield ,- bailey isn't quick but uses his football brain to read the play to get away with it -

We should have learnt from this year that big changes in pre-season doesn't always work and that there is lots of time to recruit as the season goes on (its not as if we are in a bidding race with anyone for a big signing) - Good spirit and aclear system of playing can get mot of the job done with half decent players, which we have - I am hopeful Upson ad Williams will grow as players his year - understandably they have been hesitant at times - coming into a losing team is hard and they have done okay so far but need to develop the consistency and a self-belief - same for Fred, the experience will have done him good and should be stronger next season

my view is pre-season we need to ship out about eight fringe players (let go entirely or loan) and use their salaries to pay for three better players (one forward one mid and one defender) and then use the youth to fill in when injuries hit - Charlton have shown the younger players can be effective if handled correctly - that is the manager's job - if we hit the ground running next year we should be okay -

7. glyngo says:

Why was Lowry pushed out into the cold, does anybody know?

• butty says:

@glyngo: ih have one more try to get chris wood back to the den, I doubt that he will get may first team games at the foxes now that they are in the top div.

• glyngo says:

@butty: I would be made up if he did come back but I honestly can't see it. Wood will try to shine in preseason and force his way into the Prem squad. If he doesn't make the 23 then he may consider a loan to the Championship. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Wood.

• junkmale says:

@glyngo: I don't think Wood would necessarily fit into the style of play Ollie wants. He was great for Jackett's wing play style but is he really a player for a passing team?

• ColdBlowLane says:

@butty: I heard that he was hot headed in camp and was causing trouble

• Adsy77777 says:

@glyngo: See my response up the page to Delboy. He was due to turn up to the Player of the Year dinner last night - but the players weren't sure he was going to show (i'll find out later if he did). Fell out with Olly and some of his team mates and looks like going to wolves. Told Olly he was leaving anyway.

8. glyngo says:

Garvan is another player who actually does a lot for the team but doesn't necessarily stand out. He is vital to the team holding formation and is involved in all attacking and defensive moves. I think the only player we have that could do that job is Upson.

• jim1222 says:

@glyngo: You are right in what you say glyngo,many fans dont realise the work he puts in,he seems slow at times and im not if he might be carrying an injury he seems to limp a little bit toward the end of a game

• Adsy77777 says:

@jim1222: I think the thing is Jim is a player like Garvan is only as good as the movement ahead of him, something our forwards this year struggled with.

9. wongo says:

We now have a good team, it comes through that Holloway had problems with trying to sort out the Steve Parish XI he was given at Palarse, he now needs to tale a leaf from Wenger in that changes need to be managed.

Next year I am looking forward to seeing some kids, maybe another striker and defender with a dart at the Play Offs and no doubt bundles of local derbies that end in draws.

10. Longfield Lion says:

Everybody can see we need a goalscorer,surely Ollies priority.As far as I am concerned Wright is just not good enough for the Championship.I would expect Morisson will go back to Leeds as he just did not get the goals we needed.

11. block 28 says:

Forget about wood & garvan we want players who want to play for us. List I would get rid is shittu. Bessone. Smith chaplow feeney bywater.

12. junkmale says:

The ones I see going are:
    Robinson, Morison, Jackson, Mierhoffer, Fredericks, Forde, Wright, Smith, Marquis and Garvan
    I would like to think we might try and keep Mierhoffer but he seems a bit of a maverick who might cause problems in the dressing room.
    Robinson is past it; Morison has been poor in terms of goals; Jackson the same; Fredericks, Spurs won't let go; Forde will go elsewhere for more cash; Wright isn't quite good enough; Smith the same; Marquis, great at a lower level as he has shown so will be sold or released; Garvan is good but we can get better.
    Not sure about Abdou - he may go as well as he'll not be more than backup with Bailey, Upson etc. in the squad.
    I hioe they try and sign Edwards and a couple of strikers.Maybe a centre half to cover Shittu

13. ColdBlowLane says:

I honestly think we have now got enough in midfield, with bailey being bailey and the two lads we brought in- Williams and upson. I think his prime targets will be A forward or two, a young winger (someone quick for once) and a CB and RB. For me, get rid of macdonald he clearly doesn't want to be here alon with Lowry, jack smith, chaplow, bessone

• junkmale says:

@ColdBlowLane: I agree with those targets. I think Bessone is gone anyway as he was only contracted to teh end of the season. Macdonald I am on the fence about

• glyngo says:

@ColdBlowLane: I agree that we nee goal scoters but think we need cover for Bailey, he is critical and when not available we are not good enough as a team. Martin did well when he was fit, so we do need cover for him although Moro did a good job yesterday.

14. spj91 says:

In my opinion, from the loans/short contracted players from this season, I would only keep Edwards and Maierhofer. I would have added Jackson to that list but as they've signed Easter for the year having both at the club is pointless, which is a shame because personally I think given a pre-season Jackson could still do the business at this level.

The players that I think Holloway may look to shift out are: Bywater, Wright, Lowry, Smith, Hoyte, Morison, Fredericks, Garvan & McDonald . I'm unsure how many of those are out of contract (not including the loan players) but I'd be surprised if any of them are offered a contract or if they are contracted if an offer comes in, they'll be gone.

Very interesting summer ahead as Holloway is likely to have a lot of contacts in the game that may result in players coming in we may not have usually be able to get under the likes of KJ or Lomas last season. Everyone take a break, enjoy a month or so, then all the pre-season activities will begin!!

15. harry2310 says:

I think Ollie knows what he needs, there'll be one or two new faces that's for sure. But we don't want a repeat of last season where we make numerous pointless signings and expect them all to gel immediately. We need a settled side with a couple of additions to the squad, mainly a goalscorer and I'm sure Ollie will find one.

16. HenryBaird_ says:

I think priority isn't necessarily bringing in new players, it's getting rid of the rubbish left over from Lomas and getting rid of those who don't play for the shirt, which is what Holloway sees as first on his list for any player joining Millwall from what I can see.

Ship on/cancel contract: Hoyte, Smith, Wright, Fredericks, Jackson, Bessone, Maierhofer, Bywater.

And I'm undecided on the likes of Moro & Chaplow? I don't like their attitude and their ability hasn't been impressive. And players like Shittu & Robbo who I love to bits, but are they past it?

I like what Ollie has done bringing in the youth also, something Jackett wasn't very good at it.

I think a special mention must go to Carlos Edwards & Owen Garvan. They came in and both did their jobs. I love watching Edwards and I think he'd be a solid player for another 2 seasons if we can sign him up. As for Garvan he is a crucial player but a bit above himself. I strongly feel Holloway needs to sign this type of player if we are to progress.

Look at Burnley, their side was one of the smallest in the league and I can only assume they had a budget similar to ours, but they had 3-4 key players, then the rest were committed to the cause and they have a solid fan base and a nice pitch. This is exactly what Ollie is trying to implement and what Millwall has had for a number of years (solid fan base & nice pitch). It will take time.

I'll be happy with a cup run and mid-table finish next season and push for play offs the season after.

COYL. Saturday was buzzing, loved every minute of it.

Have a nice & restful summer everyone.

17. grant_bazza88 says:

I could see a morison jackson partnership working... Jacksons pace and Morison's strength caused Bournemouth problems. Jackson just needs a good pre season. Can't see Moro staying at Leeds, they don't rate him.

Out: Smith, Hoyte, Bessone, Marquis, Wright, Abdou (i Love jimmy but cant see him getting a start ahead of upson williams or bailey), the hof (think he causes problems but there's better out there). Shittu.

Keep: Martin, Edwards, Morison, Jackson (I know he's missed sitters but causes problems give him a good pre season he will tear up this league), Bailey (been immense), Forde

We need: pacey winger to push wooly and martin, young striker, pacey CB.

With our current squad I think it come down to if we can get rid of X we can get someone slightly younger and better.

When all these signings came in last summer, me plus many on this forum, were delighted there is a lot of talent there if we get them playing right and strike a balance with experience and youth we are in for an exciting season. We need to cut our wage bill with the deadwood Hoyte et al first and foremost.

We're safe now lets see what OLLIE can buil.

COYL

18. Lincolnshire Lion says:

Get rid of the dead wood spend big on a couple of decent players rather than half a dozen mercenaries

19. benzo says:

We should sign Edwards on a permanent deal.

20. frank says:

First signature should be on Forde's contract, without him the season would've been over ages ago !

21. harry cook says:

I would love Jackson to stay he just needs a chance and hit of confidence and I'm sure he will get 20 next year and I want Edwards and the hof to stay!!

22. lion.ie says:

So what are the expectations for next season? This is the one statement we didn't get from JB last summer and I would like to see before next season. What is Holloway's target for 2014/15? Avoid relegation, top half, top six? Reading between the lines above I'd say a more comfortable stay in the Championship with some progress amongst our younger players. If Holloway achieves this I'd say well done to him for taking us another step forward. A top half finish would be a great achievement but talk of the play-offs from where we are now are totally premature, only one team in the last nine seasons has achieved this from 19th the previous season, not impossible, but unlikely.

• Adsy77777 says:

@lion.ie: Like you Lion, I have doubted Olly, and given his start, his selections and at times, bizarre tactics, I think it was understandable. I still can't say that I'm totally convinced BUT, there's no doubting it came good in the end both in terms of results and performances. The one thing I can say with any certainty is the players (on the whole) seem to love him and want to play for him, which is a good place to start from. I have heard that JB is going to back him financially in the summer, (although that has to be tempered with the fact that the FFP is coming in to force ) that can only be a good thing and shows a good relationship between chairman and manager. For me, progress would be playing good football with players we can identify with and then see how far that can take us.

23. lion.ie says:

I've given plenty of praise to Holloway for taking us from bottom (where he took us) to 19th in eight games in recent posts but this doesn't make him a legend in my book, personal opinion that's all. In the past twenty seasons Adsy, the average following year finishing position for the team that finished 19th is 15th. Five made the top ten (one 3rd) and four were relegated (including Holloway's Leicester). There is no magic wand in the Championship. As when Lomas joined, there'll be supporters out there handing bundles of cash over to the bookies for us to finish in play-offs, top 10, top 12 etc. when staying up again next year should be our number one target. If Holloway achieves this with a threadbare squad with one of the lowest wage bills in the division and by playing 'his style' of attractive football then all credit to him. Even if we won our first five games next season I'd still be wary as his record suggests that this is what he does, he is just as likely to go the next five without a point. It may just be that Millwall and 'Ollie' are a perfect fit and that in a couple of seasons time he is up there with the best of 'em, but as when Lomas was appointed, I won't jump on the bandwagon just yet, or be handing any hard earned over to the bookies for us to get promoted!

• Adsy77777 says:

@lion.ie: Still agree with you, as my post says mate, but having doubted his ability to keep us up, I have been proved wrong. I don't expect miracles next year, and as I started my last post, I am still to be convinced he is the Messiah. I just want to see Millwall moving in the right direction again as we have stalled in the last couple of seasons, only time will tell. Relegation would have been a disaster. Time to look ahead.

• boblion says:

@lion.ie: it's important not to change the starting 11 all the time unless injuries occur consistency is key look at Burnley with one of the lowest budgets in the league getting promoted why because of consistency , Sean Dyce hardly changed his starting 11 for 46 games that how the results came and they used the lowest amount of players (23)

24. seanmfc says:

Ready to be shot down... but I think keeping morrow would be a good thing, get the right striker playing off him and there will be goals.
    I agree about about Edwards and see big things ahead for Martin. Overall i think we have a decent squad and a proper pre-season will compliment that.
    Fancy us to give it a go next season, top ten is my prediction

25. Jim28 says:

Reading the articles today it seems he donu want to give contracts to our better players..yet he gives deals to mr 20mins easter..worse striker ever marquis..bet yer life owen garbage gets one..with all the players leaving we will be playing in the,5 a side league

26. roders says:

you should be getting a standing ovation when you walk into that meeting Ollie. Top work these last few months.

27. benzo says:

Chris eagles released by Bolton..

• boblion says:

@benzo: agree with you I think we should go for Chris eagles Hese better then most of the Bolton wingers but has fallen down the pecking order ,proven goal scorer from midfield in the championship. I think IH will go for glen Murray also averages about 12 or more goals in the championship doesn't really come on for palace

• HenryBaird_ says:

@benzo: I like the sound of that. Powerful player, could serve a more active Trotter role. Can't wait to watch our midfield next year, certainly packs a punch. Williams & Upson were top signings, Bailey is a Millwall type of player, love his attitude! And then hopefully one top signing, be it Eagles or a Garvan type of player (not Garvan though!).

28. HenryBaird_ says:

Whatever happens pre-season (which I think will be exciting), I'm looking forward to the set of fixtures next year! 4 London teams, hopefully 6 if Orient come up and QPR stay down which means there are plenty of derbies, of which Millwall tend to do well in. And a little trip out to Watford, Reading, Ipswich & Norwich (hopefully) will suit nicely too. My love for Millwall is forever growing.

29. southstand says:

Ok Ollie last game full house electric atmosphere
    Surely better for the players to play in that atmosphere and a full Den
    So 1st thing on the agenda at your 3 day get to get her
    Lower season tickets and on the day prices surely more fans will part with there Still hard earned cash if you sell more tickets ALL at lower prices and achieve overall more cash but defo bigger crowds

30. MillwallGra says:

Firstly well done Ollie, the players, all the staff at Millwall and John Berylson for keeping us in the Championship.

I personally think that Ollie needs to do what he can to keep the core of players together that went on that 8 games without defeat run because that is play-off form.

If it ain't broke don't try to fix it.
    We need to now carry that form into next season and build on that core of players.
    The ones who weren't part of that core or do not feature in Ollie's plans going forward will be moved on.

John Berylson said on the Lions Live last Thursday that he knows we have to look for a striker no doubt that will be addressed in the summer.

Mid table should be the realistic target for next season with a shout at the playoffs if we go on a run.
    Ollie came here to keep us up and he achieved his objective.
    We are also playing better football than under Kenny Jackett towards the end of his time at Millwall.
    I hope that some of fans who turned up on Saturday will be back down the Den for the first game of next season you added to the atmosphere and it was rocking. COYL

31. Bexley_Lion says:

Bournemouth did play well in the last game and showed why they are finishing in the top ten of this league. They always wanted to play the ball on the floor to feet and their pace on the counter attack hurt us time and time again. We need some flair players Olly with that pace to make things happen and open teams up.

Jackson can do that but needs a full pre-season (providing he even signs for us). I would really love us to sign Bournemouth's forward - Tokelo Rantie, he was fantastic, had a trick or two and pace for days. Could of really done damage to us on another day. Also wouldn't mind us signing Bolton's Lee Chung-yong, ball sticks to his feet, got pace, sets goals up and scores. Both exciting players that could compliment our "core" players.

Both though would cost a fair few million so its an unlikely pipe dream but Lee Martin and Malone are the only pacey flair player's we got in our whole squad if you exclude Edwards and Jackson who are not ours at the moment. I hope Olly addresses that in the meeting's.

• Peckhamlad says:

@Bexley_Lion: Trotter played well for Bolton and set up a great goal for them, doubt if IH wants him though.

• @Bexley_Lion: Tokelo Rantie was the best player on the pitch and I was nervous when he had the ball. Sometimes took 3 players to get the ball off him. Only downside was he seemed to cheat and dive to get a free kick, but the rest was amazing. Would be nice to have.

• lenlion says:

@Bexley_Lion: I liked the look of rantie thought he had pace and skill,but when i looked at the bournemouth fan site was surprised to find a few don't like him and hope howe gets rid. Would love him at millwall.

32. HenryBaird_ says:

Is there a possibility that Trotter could stay, having seen the type of football Millwall are now playing?

33. joemetrezammit says:

I still think Holloway has a lot to prove when we think about the points that we gained over the last 8 games. Some of the goals were pretty jammy. The forest goal that malone scored (massive deflection)
    malones goal against qpr and edwards goal against wigan all had a great deal of fortune. although we did well to close the games out and win or draw we definitely need a more prolific striker because at the moment we don't have anyone up to it .

34. Peckhamlad says:

I hope IH signs Edwards, he has been exceptional, is Fredericks going back to Spurs? I am sure that IH intends to keep the core of the squad and there is young Fred who will undoubtedly make his mark next season. It all depends on what IH has in mind is he intending to make a challenge for the premiership next season or just build and consolidate his squad. I can see him just signing a few players close season as he is clearly delighted with the attitude of the most of the players there. At this stage it is pointless to speculate just rejoice we are still in the championship to fight another day.

• denslions says:

@Peckhamlad: I think you are right when you say next season will be a consolidation period because there are still players in the squad who are under contract until the Summer of 2015 who are not part of IH's plans. It is only once he ships them out that he will build the squad he wants for the 2015/16 season.

35. lionheart says:

ih you know what your doing mate and joe about the goals being jammy none of them was going in for us early on in the season some time you make your own luck mate . lets have faith im sure ih will do great and one thing is for sure its going to be fooking exciting stuff

36. 333lions says:

Arise sir Ian Holloway! COYL!!!

37. tezza_mm says:

Don't forget the club went after IH, so should think the chairmen will do what he can to back him.
    Holloway has a full season now to build a team and get the best out of current players he wants to keep. Should think we'll just try and win every game next season and see where that leaves us in the table.
    I'd be well happy with a top half finish player progressive football.

I forsee the Den being a better place next season!

38. BUSHWACKER14 says:

It will only be a better place if Ollie gets rid of about six players and brings in some new ones! ( none of us can forget the rubbish we played for most of the season, with these 30 plus unfit players , who have now lost championship standard play. So come on Ollie get real it was the NOISE that Millwall fans made ( especially away games ) that kept us unbeaten for the last eight games. Get some new young blood in.......or another relegation fight we come along.

• norris says:

@BUSHWACKER14: well said,there is a danger the current euphoria will be allowed to paper over the cracks! We have to improve the quality of this squad or it could be groundhog day every season.

• Longfield Lion says:

@BUSHWACKER14: You are right that we have seen some terrible/poor football this season and a good clear out is needed. Do not let the euphoria and relief at staying up mask the fact that we need fresh blood that can do a lot better for the BEST fans in England.

• block 28 says:

@Longfield Lion: your right about the last eight games clouding ollies judgement the board meeting should be put back a couple of weeks so everybody can calm down & look at wots got to be done sensibly

• Jim28 says:

@block28. The season is now over.we dont need the board to tell us wot went wrong...lets face it 8 games dont make a season.. We on nad could have our own inquest...Ambler & co mite learn something

39. Longfield Lion says:

After last night,wish we could get Dwight Gale on season long loan - he would score a lot in the Championship.

40. grassgrower says:

Has the new season started yet? What am I gunna do without you blokes?

• @grassgrower: you got all summer to grow some grass, grassgrower.

• grassgrower says:

@foxy: winter here foxy, cold n grey. But yeh, lots of grass to tend and many pitches to stripe up . Hanging out for wall to be back on centre stage again. Have fun and be good.

• @grassgrower: sorry mate forgot about its winter there, don't work to hard I'm off out now in me cab take care.

• Jim28 says:

@grassgrower: lovely and sunny here lol..millwall due to have a meeting this week about there plans for nxt season

• grassgrower says:

@Jim28: reckon it,l be an interesting meeting Jim, thank god we stayed up. There,l be a bit going on in the next few months , feel good though, I think they,l make some good things happen.

41. block 28 says:

I would like to see Chris eagles here I no he ain't everybody's cup of tea but after the slagging the crowd gave him & the way he tried to play it down by making a joke out of it. He won be over fair play to him.

• grassgrower says:

@block 28: what's ya greatest memory in ya years of been a wall fan?? I know it's off topic but ??

• Jim28 says:

At the old den when we played QPR they had rodney marsh on the wing..mfc lads had a really long banner with rodney marsh is a w***** on it..everytime he ran down the wing they ran along side him with the banner..he didn't come out for the 2nd half

• block 28 says:

@grassgrower: one of the funniest moments is when me & my brother was going to the old den when a dog fell from railway bridge onto my brothers back. Then the OB tried to nick my brother for chasing the dog.

• grassgrower says:

@block 28: memories are great block, funny if he had to make a report to the ob, that he,d been attacked by a dog who jumped off the railway bridge ta get him, they would've dun him for smokin too many joints as well. Thanks mate.

42. golden lion says:

I would get rid of the following, Hoyte, Bessone, Wright, Smith, chaplow, bywater,Lowry (as he has fallen out with IH), and it hates me to say this jimmy abdou as he is a legend but not championship standard.

I would re sign the hof as with a proper pre season behind him he could be a handful, Carlos edwards too, and maybe stevie morison.

43. Millalanwall says:

Keep and find the players that have the passion to play for Millwall, players who will enjoy playing the way the manager wants them to, plus the players who want to please the fans the way they can play to win
    I remember a certain Mr John Docherty wanting players that wanted to play for Millwall and look what happened
    But well done lads for staying in this league ,as this championship league is one of the biggest in Europe

• Jim28 says:

@Millalanwall. All this FFP has done is split the championship into 2 parts the have's & the have nots..apart from burnley the other teams down to bournemouth..have a strong fanbase or they recieve a lump sum from sky..so its becoming a 2 teir league...it will be interesting to see which clubs obey the rules..e.g bolton qpr forest leeds and wot punishment they get?

44. WestKentLion says:

Keep: Hoff, Beevers, Malone, Woolford, Upson, Williams, Bailey, Edwards, Dunney, Goodman, Gerrar, Martin, Fred, Mcdonald (just)

Offload: Everyone else

Brings kids through plus new signings.

• glyngo says:

@WestKentLion: I'd try to keep Forde, he hasn't been faultless this season but he has made some very important saves and towards the end of the season was back to his best form.

• glyngo says:

@glyngo: defintiely think Edwards is worth a year or twpo also, he could transfer to centre back if his legs start to give up the ghost. Good with the ball at his feet and great control, just what our defence needs.

• junkmale says:

@WestKentLion: Pretty much agree with that as a core group but I would like to keep Carlos Edwards and Shittu.
      I think Forde will be off for more cash elsewhere , and I do not rate him anyway. He has made a few saves in the last games but has let in loads of easy saves earlier in the season which put us in trouble in the first place. There are better keepers around.
      The Hof? I don't know. Ollie has said words about his attitude and I am not sure he is a team player. Also, he only scored two goals (although they were important ones). A blind man could have put away the open goal he missed on Saturday.
      I don't think McDonald will stay - he has hardly set the world on fire anyway has he? Mind you, when a wide player ends up as your top scorer it tells a tale about how good your strikers are.

45. Peckhamlad says:

Be nice to know what is being said and decided at the three day meeting in the hotel summit! (Have they got armed guards around the place?) Hopefully we will hear some whispers and they may issue a statement.

46. TONY BLOCK28 says:

i couldn't give a rats a*** now the season is over. we all think we know whats best for the wall. let ollie do his thing! I'm gonna relax, sit back watch the world cup and forget about this season, generally s**** but ended well. happy endings!!!! see you next season boys and girls.

47. Fingers says:

So, the players get their fingers out and actually do what they are paid to do and everything is sweet all of a sudden? . .do me a favour for f*** sake

48. MillwallGra says:

Maybe this site should be called Moan at Den?

Yes the appointment of the plonker was wrong
    Yes he was totally out of his depth
    Yes the first half of season was crap

Ollie came in to do a job
    He sorted the fitness issues out
    He sorted the players out
    He sorted the way we play football out
    We went on a run which is equal to playoff form
    He kept us up

Give the bloke and the players he wants to keep a chance
    Judge him and the squad on their performances next season

The plonker coming in then being shipped out may have been a blessing in disguise?

I'm an optimist rather than a pessimist

The sun always shines in South London

• grassgrower says:

@MillwallGra: good call mate, it's been frustrating to say the least and for those who've had their share of disappointing years n decisions etc sometimes too much to bare. But Ollie needs his space to get this right, it was decent lately and if it goes backwards from here then he should be judged accordingly but I'm like you, I think exciting times ahead. Be interesting to see who,s in the mix next season.

• MillwallGra says:

@grassgrower:

Very interesting times
        Let's see who he keeps, who he gets rid of, who he brings in and the first 8 games of the season.

• Jim28 says:

@grassgrower.fans have said not to get carried away ...& they would be exactly right...this Season has got to be one of the worse i've seen in 45years..12 poxy wins & this pile want contracts....

• grassgrower says:

@Jim28: I see the point mate, it looked for a while like the whole joint would implode so I sort of look at the positive side where Ollie took sum blows to the chin but batted on and now at least there's something to work with. f***, coronation street has just come on. Jeez I miss London.

49. Big Millwall says:

Please get rid of the ones that need to go.

Add Comment Register