bestkinky

Gallery: Millwall 1-0 Ipswich Town

IAN Holloway's first win as Millwall boss came against Ipswich Town at The Den on Saturday courtesy of debutant Ryan Fredericks' fluke goal.

Holloway, taking charge of the second match since his appointment, was introduced to the Lions faithful before the game.

Photographer Edmund Boyden was there capturing the best of the action for NewsAtDen.

Edmund Boyden

(@edboydenphotos)

29 thoughts on “Gallery: Millwall 1-0 Ipswich Town

• January 18, 2014 at 21:54

the west ham faithful were in good voice today singing ONLY 8 MORE MONTHS TO MILLWALL you've got to love being a supporter today ,up the LIONS

• January 19, 2014 at 09:29

@canadianlion: So they think they stay up and we have an unbeaten run starting from now..........gonna put a tenner on that.

• January 18, 2014 at 22:03

Great shots, sounds like a fantastic day out and congrats to Ollie the great for geeing up a rampant millwall crowd . The lions on the prowl !!!

• January 19, 2014 at 11:05

@grassgrower: and, thanks for the photos ed. Good to be able to get a feel for wot happened at the ground.

• January 19, 2014 at 14:02

@grassgrower: it looks like your trip over is going to coincide with a much improved Millwall side and hopefully a few wins!

You've done well to avoid the entirety of 2013.

• January 22, 2014 at 13:17

@MFC Lion: I hope I've timed my run to perfection MFC, I'm hanging out to get to old London Town and get straight to the den to secure sum tickets. Il leave you with a joke. . My girlfriend told me to call over to her house one day. When I arrived I found her unbelievably sexy sister alone, she whispered in my ear "I'm very horny, shag me now" I turned around and walked out the front door towards my car, I found my girlfriend standing there& she hugged me and said,"you have won my trust" .MORAL: it's always better to keep the condoms in ya car and not in ya pocket!!!!!!

• January 18, 2014 at 23:42

So 12165 was the official attendance. Seemed like more.

• January 19, 2014 at 00:02

@bonnie1272: Official attendence was 12,125. The Ipswich contingent was 1,298 according to the Millwall official website. So, the actual Millwall attendence was 10,827.
      Next game will be higher. I trust.

• January 19, 2014 at 07:26

@NICKOLA: fhis was the match everyone was talking about so i was expecting at least 13,000. Cant say i'am sirprised...after wots happened in the pasted 6 months...come on lions fans look to the furture

• January 19, 2014 at 09:09

@Jim28: You have to remember Jim, its payday for most people next week, after the Christmas period, so people are skint. I'm sure that's why there weren't as many people there as we'd have liked. Lucky for me and the other half, we've got season tickets so it didn't cost us a fortune today, but I'm convinced that once everyone gets paid the gate numbers will rise. I predict a rush of the half season tickets being sold - it will be worth every penny I'm sure.

Such a good performance yesterday, I'm gutted that we've got to wait to the Wednesday game for the next one!

• January 19, 2014 at 09:56

@crossenoughtogrowl: i'am like you i'am a season ticket holder..swhich cuts out the gate money..i'am oot working at the monent so i get £71 per week...no central heating on this week...i hope the wednesday gate will be higher...the fact its a midweek match i doubt it...cos i know 2 mates who cant make it (oight work).

• January 19, 2014 at 10:13

@crossenoughtogrowl: Jim I feel your pain mate, the other half was in the same situation before Christmas so it was tight for us to get to the Den (petrol in the car and parking etc). He's potentially on nights for the Wednesday game as well so we've all got reasons that we can't make it to the game.

Hope you get something soon mate, I don't like to think of anyone struggling with the heating etc. Fingers crossed things improve for you x

• January 19, 2014 at 14:07

@bonnie1272: with yesterday's result and performance any fans unsure whether making the trip would be worth it will hopefully turn up for Wednesday. Mid week could have an impact but I can honestly say that's the first time I can remember in a long time leaving the Den feeling happy.

• January 18, 2014 at 23:45

Liking the gallery of photos for people who could not get there today- nice touch NAD #COYL

• January 19, 2014 at 00:18

Holloway is taking the entire first team squad to Portugal including Marquis. One first team player is not going, as according to Oliie ' He's not fit enough'? Any ideas who that is?

• January 19, 2014 at 07:29

Thank you Ian for at last getting a Millwall team prepair and actually know where they were supposed to play and were committed to the cause, it highlights all the failings of the last manager even more as he has done this in 2 weeks.
    Even better with the anoraks dropping below us and the spam dropping into the bottom 3 in the prem and 3 points for us, its a good weekend thank you Ollie bring them back from Portugal fitter and better.

• January 19, 2014 at 08:16

he’s not a naughty boy - he is the messiah

• January 19, 2014 at 10:12

Great to see everyone contributing to the win, the crowd obviously played a huge part, it reminds me of great service at the restaurant, the drink waiter comes over and gives you the drinks, the food waiter comes over and gives you the food and then the head waiter comes over !!!! Thanks for a great weekend.

• January 19, 2014 at 10:19

Can some one tell how the season ticket holders affect the gate figures...do they oncy count ticket holders who have swipe in or do they count just the fans who brought a ticket at the window....would settle a long standing barny with my nephew

• January 19, 2014 at 10:47

@Jim28: not sure how it works with u guys Jim but I'd click every person who enters the ground as they each contribute to a per head spend on a match day, that way you should have an accurate account of catering , merchandise etc etc .mayb they do it differently.

• January 19, 2014 at 11:04

@Jim28: Interesting question Jim. Often wondered about that myself. I don't know for sure, but I'd say that as the revenue from season tickets is declared for income tax purposes in one hit, the actual attendence would be based on swiping in on an actual matchday for safety reasons alone. What I do know is that at the old Den, the attendences were 'massaged' somewhat. I recall one game in the 80's where we were all shoulder to shoulder and the actual gate was given as 11,000 when it was probably closer to 16,000. That was a tax dodge of course as it was mainly cash in those days and no internet for booking tickets etc.

• January 19, 2014 at 13:50

@Jim28: as far as I am aware all season tickets are counted for every home game whether they are used or not. In addition, every ticket sold is added to that figure to generate the total attendance.

• January 19, 2014 at 10:39

Just read on sky that IH wants to sign striker D.J Campbell on loan.

• January 19, 2014 at 11:25

@Peckhamlad: The Mad one wants to sign the Bent one?

• January 19, 2014 at 14:41

D.J Campbell said he would like to play for us and looks forward to the 3-1 win over Sheff Wed.....?