bestkinky

Millwall boss nominated for manager of the month award

© Actonplus
© Actonplus

STEVE Lomas is in the running for September's manager of the month award.

The Millwall boss oversaw one loss and three wins last month and is up against Sean Dyche (Burnley), Nigel Pearson (Leicester City) and Gianfranco Zola (Watford).

The winner will be announced on Friday.

24 thoughts on “Millwall boss nominated for manager of the month award

• October 3, 2013 at 09:49

He must have blown that on Teusday, but if he had got something out of the game he would have been odds on after our start, but saying that its still a very good period 9 points out of 12 I think we would of all taken that 5 weeks ago.

• October 3, 2013 at 10:09

Think Dyche has got it sewn up, good luck to him.

• October 3, 2013 at 10:30

Dyche up against Lomarse... there is only one winner! I am only sorry the board did not give Sean the job with Alex Rae as his assistant. We would have been top of the league!

• October 3, 2013 at 11:49

Why??? We might of won 3 on the bounce but we lost 5-1 at home and 4-0 away either side!! That's hardly manager of the month material.

• October 3, 2013 at 12:20

@chrismillwall74: He doesn't nominate himself so nothing to do with him. Who cares anyway, it means f*** all.

• October 3, 2013 at 13:13

@chrismillwall74: Agreed, and from what little I have seen of SL, he would probably agree with you too. He is honest to a fault, especially when he is fired up!

• October 3, 2013 at 17:37

@chrismillwall74:
      Birmingham game was in October, so we won 3 out of 4. He won't win anyway.

• October 3, 2013 at 12:07

In the Prediction League, can you tell me what happened to week 8? Millwall's result against Charlton and all the others do not appear. Sort it out some one.

• October 3, 2013 at 13:13

Shows up on mine up to and including week 10.

@CavanLion:

• October 3, 2013 at 18:03

@NICKOLA:

Well if it showed up on mine I wouldn't asked. Anyone else missing week 8. If not can you fill in the missing scores for me, please.

• October 3, 2013 at 21:44

The software programme used cannot give me a table and not you.
          I was just trying to be helpful.

#comment-19540">CavanLion:

• October 3, 2013 at 13:12

Dychey all day long, and well deserved. SL's time will come and he will get MOM this season, I am sure of it.

• October 3, 2013 at 21:52

Agreed. For Lomas, close but no cigar.

@glyngo:

• October 3, 2013 at 22:22

Ouch that must hurt some of you posters on this site....:)

• October 3, 2013 at 22:27

How's your luck the curse of the mom award, could be good so he lose some more then fu@k off

• October 3, 2013 at 22:28

How's your luck the curse of the mom award, could be good so he lose some more then F off

• October 3, 2013 at 22:34

I only posted the above because could jackett dyche or wise done worse with the Financial backing slowmas had??????

• October 3, 2013 at 22:46

Well, to answer that I'd say that Jackett got out just in time. Thank god.
      Wise....a good footballer, a good Millwall manager but he had a clique under him when he was managing, but with the ineviìtabilty of new players required he wouldn't have lasted as he would have lost the commaderie.
      Dyche was my personal choice to be the new Millwall manager as he had played for us and was a proven championship manager, and he's not doing too bad now is he ? But, all said and done, I think Lomas has done very well in the transfer market. The budget allowed for a flagship signing circa 2 million but allowing for signing on fees, agent fees, performance bonuses etc. he's managed to bring in a lot of excellent signings that has, undoubtedly, improved our squad.
      History has told us that making big signings for a lot of money has rarely brought its reward. The championship is littered with such clubs who have adopted that mentality, and when the s*** hits the fan, they're off to pastures new.
      Lomas' philosophy is difficult to get your head around but he was, and is, the best chance of stabilising Millwall in my opinion.

• October 3, 2013 at 22:55

@NICKOLA: I certainly think he will take the club forward if given the time but I doubt his volatile nature will stabilise things. I actually think he will continue refreshing the squad the ought his entire tenure as that is his first instinct.

• October 3, 2013 at 23:03

Yep and like any good manager, with patience, eventually you get whom you want playing for you. Ferguson is a classic example of that and someone who, once secure in his own beliefs, wan't scared to drop the fans favourite and was always looking for better players.
          I also recall Mick McCarthy saying 'if I can get someone in better than you, then I will'
          That's the way to move forward.

@glyngo:

• October 4, 2013 at 09:29

@NICKOLA: Totally agree Nick and my question to the posters who still want Lomas to fail and thus MFC is who would you realistically have as manager and by realistically I mean someone who would want to come here and who we could afford, but none of the Lomas out brigade have ever answered that one.

• October 4, 2013 at 08:23

Why do some posters have a problem with this nomination? If he's being nominated we've won more games than not in the month, again the mind boggles. I'd be happy for him to be nominated and not win every month as it would mean that we'd be challenging at the right end of the table.

• October 4, 2013 at 09:04

@lion.ie: Exactly lion.ie,but you know that we are Millwall and we are not happy if it is all going right we need to moan, thats what we do.

• April 10, 2017 at 20:54

I am constantly invstigating online for posts that can benefit me. Thanks!