bestkinky

N'Guessan: Swindon pass like Barca, Millwall play "long ball"

© Brian Tonks
© Brian Tonks

DANY N'Guessan has hit out at Millwall's "long ball" style following his deadline day move to Swindon Town.

N'Guessan's contract with the Lions was cancelled by mutual consent, allowing him to join the Robins until the end of the season on a free transfer.

And the controversial forward, who fell out with ex-manager Kenny Jackett and a large proportion of the club's fans, says he immediately feels happier with the Robins.

But he has fired a parting shot at the Lions by claiming that League One Swindon play a better brand of football than Steve Lomas' side.

He said: "Swindon play on the grass and that is football. We call it foot-ball and they play football. The biggest teams in the world – Barcelona, Bayern Munich – they all play on the grass. They don't play in the air.

"I think at Millwall, I feel it was more about long ball and chasing the ball. When I saw it this morning [in training] at Swindon it was nice football and I am excited.

"It is a lot different, there's a good feeling when you come somewhere and you know the club wants you. You know you're going to be part of their plans.

"At the moment I'm very happy with my choice. I've had a tough year and I think it started when I wanted to go to Charlton. I had a good time there on loan and I wanted to go back there permanently.

"I think my situation [with the fans] started from there because Charlton and Millwall have quite a big rivalry.

"I am not feeling sorry for myself because this can happen to everyone. Sometimes you just have to stay strong and take one step back to take two forwards.

"Fans can think what they want, Millwall fans can think what they want but it was my career as well. I didn't have that much of a chance when I was there. I just wanted to play football."

101 thoughts on “N'Guessan: Swindon pass like Barca, Millwall play "long ball"

• September 4, 2013 at 07:23

JUST AS I THOUGHT, A COMPLETE P****.

• September 4, 2013 at 07:39

I think it started when we realised how crap you were not when you decided that playing for the anoraks was a better career move. For someone who hasn't got a very good first touch I'm not too sure that you'll fit in a team that, as you say ''play football like Barcelona''! Enjoy your life in the 1st Division and I hope they keep you supplied in nice warm woolly gloves all year. Good bye and hope to see you in the F.A. Cup or perhaps the Champions League.

• September 4, 2013 at 12:36

@REAL Supporter: Aldo, can you take that stupid mug shot of him off please? Perhaps, put a picture of a plank of wood or something else with the same skill level as DnG.
      God bless Millwall.
      Good luck Swindon, you'll need it!

• September 4, 2013 at 07:46

What a p**ck. Would like to offer a bet to anyone out there that very soon he will fall out with everyone at Swindon. Everytime he opens his mouth he mugs himself. I'd like to advise, let your football do the talking but that wouldn't help him either!!!!!

• September 4, 2013 at 07:56

So Swindon play better football then us,Is that why they are in league 1 and not in the championship.
    Because you fell out with jackett and not lomas that gives you the right to act like a spoiled child and take it out on everyone at the club.
    One day mate you will get your head out of your arsenal and look at what you have achieved which oddly enough is nothing you never played for Rangers even they got rid of you and so far in your career you have only scored 26 goals.

• September 4, 2013 at 07:58

Give me a 2nd chance & I'll show you what I can do !!!!!!!!!!! Well you have now shown us you are a complete CU?T Good riddens hope you rot in the lower div where you almost took us .COYL.

• September 4, 2013 at 08:00

I cant believe hw has come out and said this. Wgat a mug. I hope you have an opportunity to come back and play against the team and fans who paid your wages for so long you ungrateful git ! We will give you a millwall welcome. And as for playing like Barca I take it there not very good at it then as their in league 1 ! Good riddance I say.

• September 4, 2013 at 08:06

For his sake I hope Swindon don't have to play us sometime - for our sake I hope they do

• September 4, 2013 at 08:22

@Profiler4: By the time that happens he will have fell out with Swindon and wont be in the squad, and even he by some chance he kept his mouth closed and let his football do the talking the result would be the same" not in the team".

He will be like a lot of "so called Millwall players " and never heard of again.

• September 4, 2013 at 08:22

He was just another p**** at the Wall,
    Coming from a player that couldn't hit a cows a*** with a banjo,
    Long ball/short ball,passing game, one thing he's forgot to say that football is a goal scoring game the one that he was incapable of doing at Millwall .
    Onwards and upwards.

• September 4, 2013 at 08:29

A limited player who showed what he thought of Millwall and the fans by his petulance vs Palace, that day was unforgivable. Glad to be rid of.

• September 4, 2013 at 08:36

Filthy piece of scum. No integrity at all. He could've wished club and fans well and said no more. Now he's immortalised in club history as a p****.......w*****.....

• September 4, 2013 at 20:36

@Block 8:
      Completely agree. Look at the dignity Shaun Batt left with. A player i'm sure would be given a decent welcome should his career bring him back to The Den with his new team.

• September 4, 2013 at 08:44

Oh f*** off you soppy French c***. You will be on the bench soon if not immediately and soon enough you will s*** off Swindon too.

#soppyfrenchsackofgarlic

• September 4, 2013 at 08:52

The club spent the equivalent of a decent player, by our standards, on improving the pitch to play good passing football but KJ lost his nerve, way, players inability to pass or whatever it was & we did lump it up the pitch. We all know that we have talented midfield players & forwards who can pass the pass around & I'm hoping that SL will persevere with passing, push-n-run football at the Den and counter-attacking football away from home. I would imagine that KJ & DN'G fell out over footballing matters rather than attitude and if DN'G has done one thing for us it may well be that he's opened our rather blinkered eyes regarding our style or lack of style on the pitch.

• September 4, 2013 at 09:00

@Bolland: oh and he was a very poor footballer, in the air or on the deck.

• September 4, 2013 at 08:56

See you in the championship next season then if that's the case! LOSER!!!

• September 4, 2013 at 08:58

Only problem is you have two left feet and a bad attitude so you can't play it on the deck........ I hope all those DNG sympathisers are feeling suitably annoyed this morning the man you stuck up for has had one last cheap shot at you.... Don't bother me I knew th bloke was a c--t

• September 4, 2013 at 09:00

He's French - what else would you expect?

• September 4, 2013 at 09:02

DNG ....I fart in your general diection

• September 4, 2013 at 09:09

Nice one wandererwall.
    Don't remember playing like Barca doing them any favours in the play-off at Wembley, or since. He will always be remembered a ,sub the sub', which is quite a legacy.

• September 4, 2013 at 09:09

Sorry I make him right we do play long ball but last couple of games its gettibg better like the goal last week. Foget DNG now and back the rest of the team.

• September 4, 2013 at 09:17

Who do you think you are haha the french version of that welshman who just signed for Real lmfao so im guessing that barca will be putting a bid in for you soon then hahahaha get real DNG....................

• September 4, 2013 at 09:17

If we had a game tonight, this wouldn't even be news.
    Forget about DNG....Just like the rest of the football world will soon enough.

• September 4, 2013 at 09:19

I think it started when he missed open goals within the six yard box, Swindon will have to play like Barca to make up for the Donkey playing up front. He had all the attributes of a good footballer but leaves a trail of failures behind him.

• September 4, 2013 at 09:23

Lomas is in the process of changing our style of play and as you've had no involvement this season Danny your comments can only be based on last season under KJ. In which case fair enough we were playing long ball and were dire.

Unfortunately for you whether the ball be passed through the air or along the ground the problem arises that when it arrives at your feet you have the issue of attempting to control it.

You're a limited player which is why your now playing at a lower level. If your football was half as good as your talking Barca would be on the phone.

• September 4, 2013 at 09:24

I don't remember him complaining during pre-season when he begged Millwall fans for a 'second chance' after SL gave him a couple of run-outs.
    SL's comments after the Brighton game 'we need more new players because some of the squad I inherited have become slack', PLUS his praise of Woolford's 'exemplary attitude, PLUS KJ'S parting shot at the Player Of The Year Dinner 'there needs to be a sea change in attitude on the training ground and in the dressing room' pain a revealing picture of what's going on at the club.
    I have it on very good authority that SL's aggressive management style and training methods have upset some of the players he inherited and that there's a clear split emerging between the new players and the 'deadwood'.
    SL is, of course, not the first manager to face this problem, and as he tries to sort it out it's crucial we stick with him.
    Change is always difficult, but the squad needed overhauling and if he upsets a few players along the way they will probably be the ones who don't deserve their pay-packets.
    Keep the faith

• September 4, 2013 at 10:59

@Lonz: I am actually glad to hear that, got to be some pain before the club comes through this sticky period.

• September 4, 2013 at 17:49

@Lonz: top post mate! Nice one

• September 4, 2013 at 09:27

Well Rid, I assume there's a crisis meeting at Real Madrid this morning as the scout gets a b********* for bringing in Bale rather than DnG.

There's an old saying that goes let everyone think your a fool rather than open your mouth and confirm it!

• September 4, 2013 at 09:38

@wongo: I've heard this too 13 out of 14 days at the training ground is something they are not used to

Kj always had a fit team but by all accounts lomas has stepped it up further. As for a split its only a couple of them as far as I'm Aware and they know their days are numbered.

DNG was a massive penis around the training ground and constantly complained by all accounts

• September 4, 2013 at 09:28

I hope you break both of your legs, when you play Wolves. Soppy c@#t.

• September 4, 2013 at 09:31

Two bob mug.he will spend more time on the Swindon bench which is what he likes, can't play won't play well rid of .

• September 4, 2013 at 09:42

i just hope that when morison gets fit we don`t revert back to the long ball game to compensate for his height & flick on`s etc, lets start to play the ball on the deck now the team seems to be gelling, you see the way the palarse supporters get behind their team throughout the 90 mins, we need to do the same even if we go 1 down, lets get behind the boys esp at the den, theirs not many players in the team who we can s*** off now anyway.

• September 4, 2013 at 09:59

Lets move on, give him ( DNG ) no more attention see who SL brings in on loan, and who he sends out on loan, that's what I'm interested in. Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill

• September 4, 2013 at 10:10

Danny N'Who? Enjoy sitting on the bench in League One, if I could bet on him being back in Ligue 2 sometime soon I would. Poor old Swindon.

• September 4, 2013 at 10:26

what a grade a c*** this man is we've always tried to play football at the den only has it been very recent that happened and it's being ironed out now cheeky f****** mug and the fact he's mentioning swindon even in the same sentence as barca and bayern is a f****** laugh i hope you break ya leg ya french t*** oh and i almost forgot what was it 5 goals in 38 appearances well sorry messi we seem to have forgot how amazing and prolific you were! D*******.

• September 4, 2013 at 10:32

Personally im sad to see him go, im my view he was not only a skilful creative player but a true 'wall warrior , missing you already dan

• September 4, 2013 at 10:53

It's very seldom that every poster in a thread agrees on a subject so step forward, and congratulations to, DNG for achieving this rare feat: We all agree that Millwall are well rid of you.

It's funny that every interveiw with DNG contains the phrase: ""I am not feeling sorry for myself ..." Not much. He couldn't work with KJ, now he can't work with Lomas. Always somebody else's fault. Anyone going to open a book on how long it takes him to fall out with the fans & management at Swindon? Of course, when that happens, DNG won't be feeling sorry for himself!

• September 4, 2013 at 11:05

Hahahahahah.....Hahahahahahahha What a mug!!!! I make him right though.............;o)

• September 4, 2013 at 11:44

@Windy: my thoughts entirely Windy 'ol son.

• September 4, 2013 at 11:08

Some of the comments on here are quite revolting, disgusting and shameful for this board. DNG is right about the ball always being played in the air rather than playing to feet. Just watch quality teams on the continent and clubs like Man utd and Chelsea, you hardly see them mindlessly hoofing long aimless balls up front.
    Playing football along the ground is more skillful and accurate as well as entertaining for the spectators. Millwall need to play the passing game and I hope SL will develope that style.
    As for DNG I always thought him a better player than given credit for and never used properly. However the hate-a -player crowd rather abuse than support. I expect they will find some else to moan about now that DNG has gone. It's so easy to throw abuse but harder to be constructive and that is what is needed at this critical time for the club. Constructive criticism is what counts. There are some positive signs at Millwall and I cannot wait for the Derby game.
    I also unlike others wish DNG luck at Swindon.

• September 4, 2013 at 11:37

@Peckhamlad: You, no doubt, see more games than me and you and DNG, have a point about our style of play. I also agree entirely with you that "Playing football along the ground is more skillful and accurate as well as entertaining for the spectators.", however, with regards to DNG: Perhaps, he was a better player than he was given credit for; maybe he was never used properly and maybe he was the crowd's pet 'hate figure'. Nevertheless, his attitude stank. He was always the victim; it was never his fault. He never seemed to take responsibility for his own performances/ actions. As I said in another thread, contrast DNG's attitude with that of Woolford and I know who I would rather have at the club.

• September 4, 2013 at 11:55

@Peckhamlad: I cannot forgive DNG for what he did against Palace that could have cost us dear and DNG showed complete contempt for the club, his team mates, the manager and the fans. Yes we were long ball last year but there are signs of improvement which is why I'm backing SL to do well. DNG is just having a cheap shot and as a result my contempt grows for him.

• September 4, 2013 at 14:39

@Peckhamlad: I agree with you completely about these comments being revolting, disgusting and shameful - they went nowhere near far enough. Are you a prefect, member of New Labour, aspiring Liberal Democrat MP or just a bit of a d***?

• September 4, 2013 at 15:05

@Old_Les: @roders: Whatever peoples opinions about DNG, he was the only player any other club was interested in.
        No I am proud to be someone who sticks to working class values and not sink into personal abuse of the sort sometimes posted on here. If any potential good player or youngster reads them it does not do our supporters image very good does it? They may think twice before signing if they feel they might get the same abuse if they do not play well.
        I know Millwall have lost good signings because of the negative image cast by a biased media. I will always defend Millwall as a life long supporter as my Father was before me.

• September 4, 2013 at 17:52

@Old_Les: hahahaa old les back on form!

• September 4, 2013 at 17:03

@Peckhamlad: some go to far...but he hasn't gone far enough, if you think that's what we aid him good money for you deserve conference football.

• September 4, 2013 at 11:30

SORRY PECKHAM CANT AGREE WITH U. DNG WAS AND IS A DISGRACE! NEVER FORGIVE FOR THE PALARSE FIASCO.

• September 4, 2013 at 11:57

DNG was not the best I've seen, His ball control (with his feet was poor) and generally not of the quality we need.
    But I agree with him it's hoof it out of my zone someone else can take the blame, but then you have to ask 'is there anyone capable of close control' whilst being closed down as quickly as other teams do to us, NO is my statement, ( then DNG was just a normal player no skill) .
    No money in the pot to get skilled footballers, so we have to make do with the hoof it out of my area brigade and let someone else take the blame.
    For me to sum up DNG is right

• September 4, 2013 at 12:22

@aeojt: I agree that long ball tactics will see us related as crowds would drop if it continues, but from what I have seen SL is trying to change that. SL is far from perfect and has to up his game but he deserves credit for trying to being a more attractive brand of football to the Den. Hopefully his players can deliver the performances to match the plan.

• September 4, 2013 at 12:55

DNG Couldn't have trapped a bag of cement in a broom cupboard.

@aeojt:

• September 4, 2013 at 17:53

@NICKOLA: I agree.... The mans got the touch of a rapist!

• September 4, 2013 at 17:06

@aeojt: what a rubbish post fella...... Both Forest and Brighton w played football, Try going to a game and watching MacDonald now there's a footballer.

• September 4, 2013 at 12:04

Lionel messi, beware danny n'guessan is after your shirt! But beware this guy is prolific he has 31 goals in about 200 appearances!

• September 4, 2013 at 14:41

@dpendet: And you forgot to mention he has played at a much higher level than MESSI ???????? COYL.

• September 4, 2013 at 16:22

@dpendet: Must pull you up on the games played its 191 which makes his goal tally even worse, and at lease half of those were scored in the conference, also Swindon are his 10th club in 10 years what does that say about (I was going to say the man) but it is it.

• September 4, 2013 at 12:32

Yeah Dany (who's real name is Djombo) thats probably why we knocked out the play off final when they had a far better side..... jog on you mug! I'm gonna ensure he has at least a 75% increase on his car insurance as he insures through me..... c0ck!

• September 4, 2013 at 12:43

Good riddance in my opinion. He was never good enough for the championship.

That said though, he is spot on about our “style”. Basically our play at the moment does not have any “style” or class about it and as other posters have said on here we are relying on “hoof-ball” and panic defending and not playing to the strengths of our team and our players. We have a good experienced and seemingly skilful midfield now so why do we keep bypassing them with balls over their heads. Is Lomas happy with this? is this how he wants the team to play? He need to come out and clarify as it’s either a case of the players panicking and not are playing to order or this is how he wants us to play (if that’s the case then we are doomed!)

• September 4, 2013 at 13:43

Hard to believe, whatever you feel about the style of play, that people are still defending this player.
    He has ridden Lomas all the way to Swindon and got paid whilst doing so. Average player, bad attitude, big mouth. What is there to like?

• September 4, 2013 at 14:07

You were part of the problem DNG. It is difficult to play like Barcelona with players like you in the side. Look how quickly Barca close down sides to win the ball back. Did you ever do that? Look how quickly and skillfully Barca break from midfield. Did you ever do that.

The fact is we needed to move on players like you on, in order to start becoming a side that passes the ball around and plays decent football.

Bye bye and thanks for all the goals..... Oh, hold on, you didn't do much of that either did you.

• September 4, 2013 at 14:28

@roders: Excellent Roders, excellent.....

• September 4, 2013 at 14:19

If thats the case then DNG's career at Swindon is over before it has started as his first touch is dog5hit. Guess he'll be watching from the sidelines creaming off the cash again then... two bob mug!

• September 4, 2013 at 14:35

The only times I ever saw him do a job were coming on in the last 10 minutes, when he could use his body strength and pace to bully tiring defenders. Leeds at home last season, he did well. But I've seen him given enough chances where his first controlling touch took the ball five yards away from him, or his shots hit the corner flag, to know he wasn't going to make it here attitude notwithstanding. He scored plenty at Charlton so he may be an effective player at League 1 level, I have no regrets about seeing the back of him.

• September 4, 2013 at 14:57

Just over a month ago this penis told us all that he was injured last year & all he wanted was a 2nd chance. Much debate led to the general conclusion that he should get that 2nd chance & we'd be naughty boys & girls not to give it to him. A vote showed a 77% majority were willing to let DNG don the lions shirt & grace the Den once again with his silky (sic) ball skills. Well if my comments fell on deaf ears then I hope they don't now! The man is a shithouse & typical of todays modern footballer that has been scrimped & scrapped to by us adoring fans for far to long! I'll say now what I said then, go F*** YOURSELF you self obsessed waste of a pulse! You were s**** when we bought you, s**** when Cahrlton wouldn't fork out 50k for you & your s**** now your poncing a living in Swindon. Right, off my soapbox I get........

• September 4, 2013 at 15:02

I don't play the boo boy game, never have. I just will not tolerate someone giving barely 10% effort whilst wearing the shirt. I liked his boots though...... 😉

• September 4, 2013 at 15:19

@MickyMillwall: Was going to say you must have a good memory as he did not play much, then I remembered that when he did get on he never moved much so you could get a good look at them then "at the bottom of his static pair of usless legs" good ridance to him.

Aldo get some more news on here and lets forget this waste of space.

• September 4, 2013 at 15:31

I'll neve forget that header he missed from 2 yards vs palace 2 seasons ago. HATE the useless ungreatful French c***

• September 4, 2013 at 15:44

Cheers Swindon, you have done us a favour! Lazy, unproven, touch of a rapist, unfit, poor finisher, injury prone, overpaid, never fit in at any club which is why he has no real history, disruptive, arrogant and ungreatful! Is it any wonder he was offloaded. Good riddents you French f***!

• September 4, 2013 at 16:08

We need and I think we will get 10 points from September, Moro & Trotter back in contention, Moro & Mcd have not played together yet so when they do I think the goals will come, SL wants to play 4-5-1 away and 4-3-3 at home, which you would think would be the same team just more holding in midfield away from home, the team looks to be settling better, I would like to see Moro-1, Mcd just behind with Derry & Bailey, Martin Left, Chaplow right although Woolford may have nailed LW, defence can settle now that Forde is back,sorely missed him, that looks like a decent team to me add a few good loans players and we could still do something this season COYL

• September 4, 2013 at 16:14

Football on grass,that's a fuc@ing new one, since when could you play football you French pri@k, now answer me one question, why was you relegated to division one, because nobody in the championship division rates you f***@ing mug

• September 4, 2013 at 16:39

Can we not just remove his picture from the site & try to forget about him, he obviously thinks his next
    move will be to Barca or Madrid cos he's the next world footballer of the year, good luck swindon, see if takes your fans more than 2 months to get on his lazy ass back

• September 4, 2013 at 16:52

You were a very lucky boy that night my friend. There are some very unsavoury characters down at the den that have not wished you well ever since. It would be extremely wise if you were to just move on and forget about the parting shots.

• September 4, 2013 at 17:07

Haha
    I don't know who the bigger p**** is
    DNG or myself
    A couple weeks ago I said on this site I'll give him a chance as he came out and spilled the beans on his fall out. Now this.
    I can only apologise for letting myself down with poor judgement of character. What a p**** I am. As for you dan thanks, for terminating your contract and wish you nothing but the best in your next transfer to Barcelona. I'm surprised they opted for neymar as, your the complete player who is pure foot-ball and not some soppy fake nobody Brazilian.
    What a bell end

• September 4, 2013 at 19:43

Don't fret your life away on that piece of crap Luke.
      As has been mentioned on here already, he is one of those 'ex' Millwall players who will come to absolutely nothing. If he really thinks he's as good as he is, then that's proof positive that not only is his ego the size of a cathedral but that there's a bottomless pit that he's about to fall into. Good riddance.
      Can we move on now please Aldo. There must be some other wind-up you can post.

@lukesmithmfc:

• September 4, 2013 at 17:22

I think that people moaning on this site are unreal. The signings and players brought in by Steve Lomas, we couldn't of dreamed of under KJ. Although I know KJ done a great job at The Den and I don't begrudge him for leaving, just take a look.
    KJ signings include the likes of McLoid, Osbourne, Woolford, Thierry Racon, Jordan Stewart, I could go on.
    Lomas signings and players brought in compared to these are a world better. McDonald, Chaplow, Bailey, Derry, Bywater (hate to say it but he brings good competition for Forde).
    Point I'm making is look at the difference in quality he has attracted. And I'm happy enough in the way we are trying to play because Lomas is trying to get us to play the proper way, like Danny N'Guessens new side.
    I can personally see a mile off the difference in class on the pitch and the potential this season. Lomas is taking us the right way in my eyes. Just had a ropey start I know which is bad, but he and the team have my full backing as I am confident we will get somewhere.
    I think it's the strongest squad/team we have had since 2004 fa cup year. Good things to come. Watch this space. COYL MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

• September 4, 2013 at 17:54

@Pie and Mash:
      Well said Pie and mash! I read this site all the time but rarely comment. Most times this is a good read but sometimes it makes you dispair...Surely most supporters can see that SL has brought in players that would never have come to us before. Ok, they are not young but they have all played a good standard of football so whats wrong with that? No team with a lot of new faces does well initially, you can look at the Premiership for proof of that. A TV pundit said on Sunday re the Spurs side "They hardly know each other's name yet, let alone how to play with each other" I remain confident that given time to get to know each other and style of play, we will see a great change for the better. Remember what all the young stars did for QPR last season! The Derby match is going to be nailbiter for us supporters - just imagine how the players feel because they do read all these sites you know?

• September 4, 2013 at 18:02

@Longtimer: Exactly I'm sure anyone who goes down The Den or any away games must of seen positive signs.
        For one, I see a total difference on the sideline with Lomas. His passionate his always shouting and giving instructions. Where as KJ used to stand there and clap every 15 minutes.
        I know that don't make you a brilliant manager but it sure is a start. Passion helps a hell of a lot and I think Lomas has a lot of it.
        The whole Lomas out motto needs to be burnt along with my Danny N'Guesson skill school DVD, at least until Xmas then maybe you have a good point.
        As I said I'm very happy with the squad at the moment and honestly think we are gonna be a unit this season.

• September 4, 2013 at 17:45

He's lit the touch paper and we have all bitten including myself this afternoon. He's probably sitting in s******* Swindon looking at this and laughing at us all! Rise above it wall, SL has free'd up a squad number and is likley to bring in someone with twice the skill and respect for the club. F*** him!

• September 4, 2013 at 18:21

F**k off and good riddance.You never did deserve to wear the shirt and people won't ever forget what you did last year at Palarse. You always get what you deserve in life so crawl back to your newly purchased slum in shitty Swindon and never mention mighty wall again you mug. #COYL

• September 4, 2013 at 18:27

The following has been cut and pasted from my post on here on 2 September ...

He wanted a second chance with the club and the fans when nothing else better was on offer and gave it the large one about commitment to the club etc but we all knew that he would walk away at the first opportunity that presented itself and will probably s*** us all off in the next couple of days.

Well what a surprise after begging for forgiveness for the non performance against palace he has done the dirty on us. I look forward to the day he plays against us at the Den and giving him abuse but that day will probably never happen because he hasn't got the ability to play in the same division as us. It doesn't matter if the ball is played on the ground or in the air he can't cope with either. All he has done since he has been at Millwall is cost the club a wage, no wonder we cancelled his contract....

• September 4, 2013 at 18:34

WHY ARE WE ALL RISING TO THIS , WHY DONT THEY JUST REMOVE THE PIC , AND MOVE ON TO MILLWALL PLAYERS , WHO CARES WHERE HE IS , OR WHAT HE THINKS,

• September 4, 2013 at 19:33

You know what? Next year, I'm gonna drive to Swindon and I'll be driving straight to this muppet's place of work. I will stride up to him, look him straight in the eyes and say...

..."I'll have a quarter pounder with cheese, six chicken nuggets and a coke, you mug!".

And Dany, whilst your insights above show just how much you know about football, there appears to be some small piece of info you have missed - football is a TEAM sport. Looks like this game ain't for you, son.

• September 4, 2013 at 19:36

I take it he wasn't liked !!!!!

• September 4, 2013 at 19:43

DNG is no different to any other professional football player - he has to seek the club which can best improve his career. Why should he have any loyalty to us? Good bye and good luck to him in Real Swindon. Based on current results we might be joining League One next season.

• September 4, 2013 at 19:46

Keep the faith. We won't be playing against Swindon next year for two very good reasons. One, we are not going to get relegated, Two, with DNG up front, Swindon are not going to get promoted.

@SE14 Exile:

• September 4, 2013 at 20:16

@NICKOLA: My faith has been shaken in recent months, but I shall try to revive it. The only win we have had this season was in the first round of the League Cup against AFC Wimbledon, who are not usually mentioned as one of the top clubs in the land.

• September 4, 2013 at 20:06

Good riddance you talentless MUG

• September 4, 2013 at 20:17

P****!!!

• September 4, 2013 at 20:31

Last time I laughed that hard at Swindon was when Austin was through one on one with Forde and he put it two foot wide. Goodbye good riddance DNG. mug.

• September 4, 2013 at 22:27

I'm a millwall season ticket holder and a Barça member, weird but true. I have to say that DNG is right I have seen over 60 Barça matches and the first team I think of when watching them is Swindon. The only thing slightly knocking my belief in Barça is that I seem to remember being at the play off final and I remember Swindon having one real chance of a through ball played by the centre half and a fortunate bobble assisting Austin in skying the ball high wide and handsome.

DNG you are simply a complete C***. You epitomise the modern day footballer. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours and hope for your sake you don't draw us in the FA cup. T*****.

• September 5, 2013 at 23:03

you sir, Mr dragonfly have just made me spill alcohol out of my nose!!!! 100% correct in everything you said and your assessment of the swindon we know made me laugh out loud! DNG should just keep his mouth closed, being a modern day mecernary however i doubt that is possible and give it 12wks he'll be at odds with the swindon team...

• September 5, 2013 at 07:00

Another one with a chip on his shoulder

• September 5, 2013 at 07:19

Gents,
    I am amazed that so many are actually even affording DNGs comment with such creedence that it becomes something to be even remotely concerned about!! Had he an abundance of Footballing skills then i would be deeply concerned, however I personally will treat any comments he has made with total disregard and would advise others to do likewise!
    Lets concentrate our thoughts and efforts on the progress of the team we support and can clearly see beginning to improve, and not expel any undue time or energy on rancorous underhand cheap remarks by sombody who just does not care for our Football Club.

• September 5, 2013 at 08:49

Ok yah

• September 12, 2013 at 10:50

Long Ball..... just so they didn't have give the ball to DNG.....

• September 13, 2013 at 03:54

Haha Swindon play like barca, if barca read this they'd be insulted that dng thinks they play like a league 1 team ha nob.