bestkinky

Released Millwall striker signs two-year contract with Orient

© Nigel Cooke
© Nigel Cooke

STRIKER Shaun Batt has penned a two-year deal with Leyton Orient after being allowed to leave Millwall on a free transfer.

NewsAtDen revealed last week that the Lions had discontinued contract talks with the 26-year-old and that he was set to join a new club this summer.

And O's boss Russell Slade has moved quickly to secure Batt's signature. Batt scored three goals in 13 appearances whilst on loan at Brisbane Road last season.

Slade said: "We are delighted to get Shaun signed up. He made a great impact when he came on loan with us and we wanted to keep him longer than we could do in the end.

"Shaun had attracted interest from the likes of Notts County and Preston so it is great that we can get him on board."

48 thoughts on “Released Millwall striker signs two-year contract with Orient

• June 24, 2013 at 19:29

Good luck Batman - hope you stay injury free and have a good career

• June 24, 2013 at 19:32

Good luck shaun hope it all works out for u just wish we would get rid of N'guessen now

• June 24, 2013 at 19:52

Good to ya Shaun , you deserve that contract. Hard work and professionalism has paid off. Mr Nguessan , I'm sure Shaun will give you some tips if you want ???

• June 24, 2013 at 20:06

Good luck to you.
    I'm sure Lomas is going to be giving N'Guessan some tips.........like F*** Off.

• June 24, 2013 at 20:11

Is DNG next? Hopefully we don't have to pay someone to take him away.

• June 24, 2013 at 20:26

Good luck Sean prove em wrong fella
    You deserve a bit of luck.

• June 24, 2013 at 22:01

Batt still can do a good job at that level. Good luck to him, he did his best for us.

• June 24, 2013 at 22:02

.........and that's all we ever ask.

@glyngo:

• June 25, 2013 at 08:49

@NICKOLA: too true, its simple really isn't it. Funny that so many players just don't get it. I once brought my Charlton supporting nephew to a game and he just couldn't get his head round thevfact that our fans worshipped the tryers and criticised the more technical players for lack of spirit.

• June 24, 2013 at 23:19

Wish him well, I hope Millwall have done the right thing.

• June 25, 2013 at 08:25

good luck Shaun, yet another player we stand by and nurse back to fitness for nearly 2 years and we f*** him off, i can think of worse players at the club we could get rid of before Batt

• June 25, 2013 at 08:32

Agree but the problem is that they're under contract and no one has come in for them. They need to be transfer listed just like Wolves did yesterday with 4 of their players now on the list and Bolton are currently doing.
      @Strood Lion:

• June 25, 2013 at 08:51

@NICKOLA: did you notice O'Hara was listed.....that would be an interesting signing as he fitted in during his loan.

• June 25, 2013 at 09:13

I did see him on the list. His wages would be a stumbling block though as from what I can make out he's on a good earner currently and that's assuming Lomas rates him. Jackett obviously doesn't having had him at Millwall. Personally I'd rather have Bailey if it came down to a choice, much more a Millwall type of player. Going to be an interesting few days to see who's coming in and who's going out. Much more exciting for Millwall in June than usual and that's for sure.
          @glyngo:

• June 25, 2013 at 09:19

@NICKOLA: lets give him away DNG that is i thought Charlrton were keen last season

• June 25, 2013 at 10:21

All the best Shaun. Hope you kick ar$e at Orient.

• June 25, 2013 at 11:16

Rather than f--- him off and sh--t on him as some contributors have said on here I think the club has done the right thing for Shaun. He was never going to be anything more than a fringe player / sub at best.
    By letting him go he has gone to a club where he will get regular 1st team football and who knows and appreciates him. He will be able to relax more with his football as he will be more in his comfort zone and his confidence will improve and I would imagine he will be a happier better player for it. It must be so demoralising sitting on the bench each week just hoping to get a few minutes on the pitch at best.
    So good luck Shaun and all the best for the future and thanks for helping get us promoted and of course that goal that kept us up.

• June 25, 2013 at 11:37

@Sealion: Sealion I echo you sentiment, but I was never a fan of Shaun because I did not think he was good enough for the championship, but when he played he gave 100% and looked like he wanted to do well for the club, if we had a few more like him but with more ability at this level we would have a very good side both in sprit and ability.
      I wish him all the best at the "Os" and I hope he stays injury free as mentioned by several others in there posts there did seem others who did not have as much caricaiture as Shaun who should have gone before him, but lets hope SL has just started to prune the wasters from the squad.

• June 25, 2013 at 12:24

@Sealion: Totally agree Sealion. Just think that if any of the squad that needed to go he would have been last on my list to have been released. I know some are still on a contract but it must mean something that he's gone first from the shop window and DN'G or the other bloke are still on the shelf.

• June 25, 2013 at 12:50

@REAL Supporter: I think the reason he has gone so quickly is because he impressed on loan at the O's and they are offering him a TWO year deal, which is great for a player that had such a bad injury and probably a year more than he would ever have got with us. I suspect that the O's deal was in the bag before he was released by us.

• June 25, 2013 at 13:00

@lion.ie: Yes, lion.ie you're probably right.

• June 25, 2013 at 14:48

I think that's fair for all parties involved.
    What amazed is the fact that Shaun was approached by the O's via his Twitter account.
    Do you know if DNG is on Twitter as well?

• June 25, 2013 at 15:00

@bgwall: i hope he has mate proper garbage should have got rid to the anoracks when we had the chance!!

• June 25, 2013 at 15:43

Looks like we ain't getting Morrison according to the 'Yorkshire Post'!

• June 25, 2013 at 16:07

@REAL Supporter:
      Yeah he's just bought a house up north or something. Cant blame him, he probably wants to give it another year to see how it goes. A player never wants to leave somewhere where he thinks he has unfinished business and he's only been there since January. This was always a non starter in my book....IMHO

• June 25, 2013 at 16:35

@Windy: No, neither can I really but I did understand that the Lids fans weren't that enamoured with him. You're right though it was a 'non-starter' perhaps, just more gossip.

• June 25, 2013 at 15:47

Good Luck Shaun...All Best. Proper nice fella (met him at a few sportsman dinners), great attitude and commitment. Thank you for the goal you scored against Watford last season.....probably kept us up.

• June 25, 2013 at 16:58

So Andy Ambler has been elected to the Football League Board, will this mean that we will be looked on more evenly by them as we will have someone on the board, and will it help to attract better players to the club haha.

• June 25, 2013 at 17:23

Sky are reporting that now we've made an enquiry for Lee Martin who's out of contract at Ipswich. He's done the rounds and was on United's books at one time. Classified as a left winger/midfielder.
    Anyone know anything about him?

• June 25, 2013 at 19:38

Any news of Gallen? Is he still with us?

• June 25, 2013 at 19:40

Absolutely no idea. Didn't see him in the training ground photos on the official site and haven't heard him mentioned in despatches recently.
      @lionking:

• June 25, 2013 at 19:48

Hmmmm. Interesting. I wonder who Lomas wants. Can't see Harris getting the nod quite yet.

• June 25, 2013 at 19:58

@lionking: don't be surprised if its roeder to replace him

• June 25, 2013 at 20:09

I think he's going to have to bring in some very good players before he makes that sort of announcement.
            @lukesmithmfc:

• June 25, 2013 at 20:14

I'd be very surprised if Roeder....and not too upset if it happens.

• June 25, 2013 at 22:06

@nickola
    I think it's because of him we're being linked to most of these players. Someone has certainly got some big balls cause I can't ever remember us being linked to so many good ones. Ok it's one thing being linked and another actually signing but you'd have to admit it looks good at the moment. It only takes one or two to sign and the rest will follow
    Pleasantly surprised to say the least.
    At least SL is working his nuts off and not afraid to ask for help.

• June 25, 2013 at 23:56

Certainly invigorating at the moment. As you say, we get one good one in to start and the others will follow. I really think that Lomas is putting together a team, albeit in his head at the moment. Some of the players he's being linked with would certainly brighten my day if they come onboard. I'll be really impressed if he recognises the deadwood currently masquerading as Millwall players and gets rid off pronto. Don't give up on Morison just yet by the way.
      @lukesmithmfc:

• June 26, 2013 at 05:57

@NICKOLA: haha you and Moro you do make me laugh lol
        I haven't checked me lotto tickets yet if I've won I'll by Moro and let you sponsor him.
        He'll recognise the deadwood before the season starts but he may not be able to rid em just yet. Some are under contract so would be ridiculously hard to off load. Pretty sure he'd have watched our run in on video by now so would have a very good idea.
        We'll see.

• June 25, 2013 at 22:10

Lee Martin has always looked like a decent player, but he struggled to hold down a regular place at Ipswich over the last couple of seasons and was farmed out to Charlton for a spell. According to an Ipswich mate, Martin feels his strongest position is as an attacking midfielder playing just off the strikers - he scored a lot of goals as a kid at Man United - but that didn't fit with the way Mick McCarthy wanted to play.
    Roy Keane paid United around £1.5million when he was in charge at Ipswich, so he can't be a complete mug. If SL can get him firing on all cylinders and he fits into the way he intends to play he could be a very useful addition.

• June 25, 2013 at 22:29

Good luck batty

• June 25, 2013 at 22:43

P.S. Martin was bought up in Bromley, so he's one of us - almost!

• June 26, 2013 at 11:21

There is a lot of speculation and names bandied about based on newspaper tittle-tattle at the moment, nothing concrete. A number of championship clubs are signing players already. I wish and hope there are a few signings soon..just to give us some hope for the future!

• June 26, 2013 at 11:58

@Peckhamlad: Agree there PL, all we have to show for it so far is a benchwarmer goal keeper.

• April 10, 2017 at 20:26

I must show my appreciation to this writer just for bailing me out of such a challenge. Just after exploring throughout the world-wide-web and seeing proposals that were not productive, I assumed my entire life was over. Being alive devoid of the approaches to the problems you have fixed through your guideline is a serious case, and those that could have in a wrong way affected my entire career if I hadn't come across your web blog. Your main talents and kindness in touching every aspect was excellent. I am not sure what I would have done if I hadn't encountered such a step like this. I'm able to at this moment look ahead to my future. Thanks a lot very much for your high quality and amazing guide. I won't hesitate to refer your web blog to any person who would need direction about this topic.

• April 11, 2017 at 10:08

Hiya, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and web and this is really annoying. A good website with interesting content, this is what I need. Thanks for keeping this site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can't find it.

• April 12, 2017 at 09:59

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.