bestkinky

Millwall stopper hoping to hold contract talks with new boss

© Keith Gillard
© Keith Gillard

DAVID FORDE has revealed he is hoping to discuss a contract exentsion with Millwall once he has returned from his summer break.

The Lions goalkeeper was the star performer for the Republic of Ireland against England last week – making a string of crucial saves as the Boys in Green claimed a creditable 1-1 draw at Wembley.

And since being praised for his performance by Three Lions manager Roy Hodgson, Millwall fans have begun to worry that Forde's exploits could attract interest from rival clubs.

But the 33-year-old, who has just 12 months remaining on his current deal, expects to hold discussions about his future once a new manager has been installed at The Den.

He said: "It comes down to security. I'm no different to any other lexapro to buy footballer – at the end of the day my family comes first so that's going to be paramount. I'm a Millwall player and I haven't had any contact with anyone."

Forde is still on international duty with Ireland and is set to start against the Faroe Islands in a World Cup qualifier on Friday – so he is far from hung up on his contract situation.

"I've got a job to do with Ireland first so I am not even contemplating next season yet," he said. "I'll take a break, go on holiday and spend some time with my family and kids after what has been a long, tough season. But once I get back I'm sure I'll sit down with the new manager and have a chat about my contract."

15 thoughts on “Millwall stopper hoping to hold contract talks with new boss

• June 6, 2013 at 11:57

think he deserves it what i cant understand is why he catches the ball for the ROI but tries to punch everything for us!

• June 6, 2013 at 11:57

Sign him up Ambler. After all, you don't need a manager in place to sign players do you?

• June 6, 2013 at 12:00

@NO1LIKESUS: Ambler is going to get rid and stick easter inbetween the sticks!!

• June 6, 2013 at 12:03

Nice to hear that he would like to stay with us hope we don't cock these contract negotiations up, can't afford to let another quality player slip through the net.

• June 6, 2013 at 12:17

Old Andy baby is on his way to Portugal for a conference. Never mind, apparently the timeline for the new manager isn't critical.
      @NO1LIKESUS:

• June 6, 2013 at 13:46

@NICKOLA: According to The Standard, Lomas flew out to Portugal today to tie up a deal with Ambler

• June 6, 2013 at 12:08

I imagine he'll (his agent) be after a 3-4 year contract or will pack his bags and join Jenny at Wolves.

• June 6, 2013 at 12:19

Well AA wont be quick of the mark with this one he is in Villamora at the football leaguse get together, the new manager wonder who that will be as they seem to only interviewing one canadate so it must be Lomas (if he wants it), I agree with you Strood Lion about his liking to try to puch the ball in the championship maybe he has more faith in his international centre backs.

But seriously we should tie him up to a contract a.s.a.p.he is one to keep unlike some ot the others still here, lets hope as it looks like its going to be Lomas he gets some money to spend and some time from us as well, becuase the team that KJ left was in free fall over the last third of the season, so he will need to get them to pick themselves up for the new season.

• June 6, 2013 at 13:43

Forde was terrible in the 2011-12 season but seems to have sorted himself out now. We should give him a longer contract and I see no reason why they won't, especially as we let Mildenhall go on a free.

• June 6, 2013 at 14:38

That's a great sign from Fordey. We need our senior pros settled and on long term contracts. That will give us stability and breed confidence in the dressing room I reckon.

• June 6, 2013 at 15:51

I agree he should be given another year at least. We can then bring in a younger keeper for the following season and Fordey can move to the coaching staff.

• June 6, 2013 at 21:18

Good news

• June 7, 2013 at 09:36

Fantastic news as he was one of our strongest and most consistent players in a not-so-great season.
    With regards to him moving elsewhere his daughter has just started her a levels in a south London school so that should gives us some bargaining power for the next two years at least.