bestkinky

Millwall to face no action from FA after racism investigation

© Edmund Boyden
© Edmund Boyden

THE Football Association has announced that it will not be taking any action against Millwall following an investigation into allegations of racism brought to light by a Sky Sports News documentary.

Two men were charged by police, and subsequently handed bans by the Lions, after being filmed making offensive remarks during games against Birmingham City and Leeds United.

The FA, who also carried out an investigation into West Ham, said in a statement: "The FA notes the work the club continues to do in partnership with its local community to educate supporters and help tackle discriminatory language/behaviour.

"The FA advises that consideration will be given to taking disciplinary action against both West Ham United and Millwall if further reports of spectator misconduct are received, however, no charges are to be issued to either club in relation to these isolated incidents.

"The FA continues to remind all clubs to address any form of discriminatory behaviour with the strongest possible action."

45 thoughts on “Millwall to face no action from FA after racism investigation

• June 3, 2013 at 12:44

TFFT.

• June 3, 2013 at 12:46

That is a fair result all things considered, the club took action on the culprits once they were identified and was clearly targeted by the program makers as a 'soft' target. Now it's up to the fans to self-govern and ensure that that behaviour is not only discouraged but actively removed from our club.

• June 3, 2013 at 12:52

What do you mean, grass people up Glyngo? Certain people on here aren't gonna like that!.......lol (-:~

• June 3, 2013 at 18:53

@lion.ie: omg that's soooo gonna start a row!!

• June 3, 2013 at 19:07

@lion.ie: I think my views are pretty well known Lion but honestly I was thinking that we take direct action ourselves and if it ends up in a rolling brawl around the stadium we can all get involved 😉 seriously, was thinking that we should confront people airing those views, I have done it in the past but totally understand someone with kids or a partner not wanting to take the risk of getting a good kicking for doing the right thing. Over to you Les me old mucka......

• June 3, 2013 at 20:27

@glyngo: If someone airs a view you don't like then by all means have a word with them - and if you're up to it confront them (your choice of word not mine) but if you have a punch up over something you feel justified to stick up for, then don't moan when you get the arbitrary lifetime ban from the club without the chance to defend your position . Should that happen you may then understand the feelings of some of those involved in the Wembley fracas - the very same people that some on here love to condemn without knowledge and those that slithered in under the door suggested grassing up. If for some reason you want to involve me in a racial argument I suggest you do it in person next season. You will find me in block 4 (or 5 if I fancy moving over there for a natter) where me and the bloke I sit with will be pleased to have a discussion with you. He has far stronger views than I and for good reason.

• June 3, 2013 at 21:13

@Old_Les: you know what les I absolutely agree with you 100% there
            @glyngo, I appreciate your opinion and I guess the article does for some warrant bringing up these views/opinions yet again I might add.
            There's no right in what some people choose to do at our club and undoubtedly narks the majority and unfortunately our rep has held the club back in every single department of our club from boardroom to signing school boys from their Sunday league sides but on a more serious note our reputation has stopped more than a couple thousand people coming to watch on a Saturday afternoon with their kids IMHO its the single biggest factor in our small attendances. Yes incidents are few and far between but we all know how bad last season is going to knock us back.
            Now as much as we're all entitled to our opinions and we all know how strongly yours and les's are I really see no point in dragging all this up between you's again. I do agree glyngo that something can be done but if we pay the authorities club stewards and a security company to take care of supporters well being on match days then we as fans should perhaps do something with these people before we look at our own fans, my reason for my
            Opinion is that these company's are getting paid an awful lot of money and the authorities have more than tarnished us with the same brush and love nothing more than getting rough and physical with us and Bolton away last season was a massive example of this. That should be the first port of call.
            You were at wembley but where were the authorities ? The beauty of it we fall into their hands every time and look how devided we are now?
            Maybe we should grass up the greater Manchester police for heavy handed tactics and gbh cause some of the innocent people I've seen kicked by their horses and battered by them over the yrs is ridiculous, but I will add I believe grassing on each other is not the way forward and will quickly turn our club into a non league club or worse, extinction. Lets see sense for our kids sake.
            Ain't we supposed to be millwall?
            Oh yeah, we are, we hate each other.

• June 4, 2013 at 08:16

@Old_Les:

Ahh, the Wembley 15 (or however many of them there is now)....

Galantly defending the honour of an non-existring young girl and all, to a man, of previous good behavhiour and reputation (despite what the papers may have had to say about some of them)...

• June 4, 2013 at 09:38

@Old_Les: i half mention it in jest and agree we have talked this to death. We will no doubt deal with any situation as we see fit, one way or the other. Time to close ranks now start seeing the rest of the World as the opposition i think!

• June 4, 2013 at 10:56

@Old_Les: One other thing Les, sorry if my previous message implied you supported the views that we all abore, I have never seen you write anything to suggest that, so sorry if my post implied anything of the sort. That was certainly not my intention. Cheers

• June 3, 2013 at 12:54

Common sense at last!

• June 3, 2013 at 14:19

Does anybody know whether we are facing any action over what happened at Wembley?

• June 3, 2013 at 14:25

Good decision.
    Provincial papers today saying Kean favourite. Dundee courier saying a two way choice between Lomas and Wise etc. etc.
    Can't they put us out of our misery?

• June 3, 2013 at 14:42

Common sense prevails hopefully they will have a word on sky's ears about entrapment

• June 3, 2013 at 15:01

Great film!!!

• June 3, 2013 at 14:59

Good film entrapment,zeta-jones looking her best

• June 3, 2013 at 15:10

@dave: yep would ruin it !!

• June 3, 2013 at 15:00

Great film entrapment,zeta-jones looking her best,I'm sure sky gold show it from time to time!

• June 3, 2013 at 15:18

Lomas or Wise apparently, b***** if true

• June 3, 2013 at 15:52

@WestKentLion: I've got a really bad feeling about this. Sounds like it's from this Wendesday onwards for the news we've all been waiting for . . . or not as the case maybe.

• June 3, 2013 at 19:14

@REAL Supporter: There's been more suspense than a Hitchcock movie, more suspects than an Agatha Christie novel. Not so much of a who dunnit as a who's going to do it. Hope the final scene doesn't disappoint.

• June 4, 2013 at 12:16

@Sealion: Another suspect that may appear on the list. Kit Symons, under 21s at Fulham.

• June 4, 2013 at 13:15

@REAL Supporter: More twists and turns than an Alpine road, Still not long to go.

• June 3, 2013 at 17:08

One down two to go.
    Common sense at last but we're waiting on bottle gate and wembley. Fingers crossed.
    Worse case scenario for me is we get the nanager most of us want or at least more than happy with but his budget gets affected by fa fine over wembley. That would just be typical if our luck. Here's to wishful thinking

• June 3, 2013 at 20:38

Yep, 2 days to go unless they stall until the weekend. I still think there's someone in the reckoning who either hasn't decided or they haven't 2nd interviewed yet and that's what they're waiting on.
      I'm optimistic it's going to be good news.
      Can't see a huge FA fine over Wembley. Might be a small one to make a point but doubtful whether the FA are going to fine the German league for example following the scenes outside recently. It was after all an internal Millwall issue, embarassing yes, but I can't see how Millwall F.C. can be held liable for their fans outside of the Den. Not Millwall stewarding.
      Whoever is going to be the new manager, I reiterate my own hopes that he gets rid of the cack and brings in some good players.
      lukesmithmfc:

• June 3, 2013 at 21:22

@NICKOLA: nick although I agree with you I was actually on about the three incidents in the stands this yr
        I.e sky report, bottle gate and wembley
        Obviously one down (sky report) and two to go. Sorry for confusion pal. Lol

• June 3, 2013 at 21:42

Luke, bottlegate, as serious as it was, is in the same ballpark as other reports from other games/teams all around the country last season. I do think that the FA wait for the smoke to blow over before making hasty decisions and all credit to them for that. Either way, they can't heavily fine Millwall and let others off scott free. Millwall are the fall guys no doubt about that, and some of it is warranted but they can't put all of football's ills on our shoulders. Others have to bear some of the load and I think that will be taken into consideration. So, relax. No heavy fine and all the funds will go into funding a very good Millwall team that will kick-off in August.
          @lukesmithmfc:

• June 3, 2013 at 22:25

@NICKOLA: proper optimist
            I like it ; )
            Personally I couldn't care less about the others it's us I'm worried about and to be fare to the fa they very rarely fine us they have given us plenty suspended sentences over the yrs but they can't keep letting us off the hook although I'd prefer it if they did.
            I think we'll get a good manager in I'm pretty confident about that but where are these names that keep popping up
            I've noticed Steve Davis of Crewe is allegedly in the running and some t*** even mentioned Jon Hughes sacked at Hartlepool end of season.Friday we get told JB wants a decision made before he headed back to the states today and in the same article we get told at least 5 days, there has to be something legal holding it all up, there's no way they don't know who their man is. Been checking out some of the alleged records and stats all have a case in some way or another but some are just not ready for us yet and some are blatant no no's.
            who do you think it will be now nick? Has your mind changed again?

• June 3, 2013 at 19:06

I wish the board would make an announcement they must know who the new manager is to be by now. Or is that giving them to much credit? I hope it is someone with creativity and ambition. Not another Anderson or Rioch. Clement is the best name I have heard so far, but speculating is useless and will just have to be patient.

• June 3, 2013 at 21:35

As for Wembley, the FA would have to charge themselves, it's their 'home ground', so it won't happen they will not want any criticism of stewarding and policing.

As for Managers, Berylson is no mug! He won't pay Wise the money and neither would I, he also needs a name or someone with top class credentials looking for a platform into a big club. Lomas won't please the fans and he knows that.

Apparently we are in for a surprise , don't rule out Sven, Warnock or dare I suggest Bryan King.

• June 3, 2013 at 21:46

Forget about Sven ( not enough money ) and King. Warnock ? I'm not convinced he's in the running and I don't think he's the man to lead the charge. I do think we're going to get someone who's currently managing or coaching outside of England.
      @wongo:

• June 4, 2013 at 09:21

Luke, I'm convinced that this mystery person is the one their waiting for. On that basis, it can only be either Lomas, Babbel, Dyche or Clement. If it was someone readily available I think we'd have had the announcement by now. Like everyone on here, I'm just waiting and waiting.

• June 4, 2013 at 09:33

@NICKOLA: really don't want lomas kean or Davis

• June 4, 2013 at 09:39

If it was Kean or Davis we would know by now. I'll stick with my original 4. If Millwall are now known as a club that ' do things properly' then any approach to another club for their manager would, out of respect, be kept quiet. Also got a feeling they're going to announce it today.
        @lukesmithmfc:

• June 4, 2013 at 09:42

@NICKOLA: Nick I can't see Dyche wanting to come here although being an ex and probably having fond memories Burnley is a bigger club than us and Sean is a young ambitious manager so what is to be gained by coming to us it seems to me that it would be a backward step.
      Hope I'm wrong as I am a Dyche fan.
      Don't like the sound of Lomas and definitely don't want Kean (either of them).

• June 4, 2013 at 09:49

I think the Millwall board have got the message about Kean. Forget about him.

• June 4, 2013 at 10:10

To put things into perspective re. Wembley, the Fergie love-fest at West Brom there was 13 arrests, 30 ejections as well as pitch invasions by 20 or more. The BBC in their report of the match failed to mention a single incident and when I emailed them (BBC) as to why no trouble was reported, the reply I received was that it was not newsworthy. C***s!

• June 4, 2013 at 11:11

@glyngo - no offence taken and didn't for a moment think you intended any but thank you anyway

@SE16Wall - good morning to News at Ben's very own version of Harriet Harman and all seeing all knowing judge of our morals and lifestyle, as well as finding the time to be jury and executioner

• June 4, 2013 at 13:35

@Old_Les:

At least I'm not the one who thrives in our "reputation", befriends the "lovely, lovely Geezers" and then has the audacity to question why we can't increase our gates.

• June 4, 2013 at 16:00

@SE16 Wall: You seem to know an awful lot about me Harriet. Exactly who are these "lovely lovely geezers" you speak of that I am friends with - do you know their names and are they some sort of secret society? What is this "reputation" you speak of and where exactly is it that I "thrive" on it?

• June 4, 2013 at 16:12

@Old_Les:

You're a sad relic of a, thankfully, bygone era and soon you, and those who you refuse to condem, will be a distant memory.

That makes me happy.

• June 4, 2013 at 16:58

@SE16 Wall: You never have an answer Harriet, just a resort to yet another of your pointless remarks typical of someone who knows what best for everyone.

It did make me laugh though so thank you for cheering me up no end.

Just to ruin your day may I inform you both my parents lived to be over 90 so God willing I have plenty of years left in which I hope to enjoy the demise of this breed of happy clappy yuppie Mr Outraged such as yourself

• June 5, 2013 at 08:28

@Old-Les

You silly old sod...

The war was lost a long time ago. Things are never going to go back so either get used to it or give up.

• June 5, 2013 at 08:29

@Old_Les

@Old-Les

You silly old sod...

• June 5, 2013 at 09:40

@SE16 Wall: Scraping the barrel now and you also seem to have developed a stutter. Still at least you're not being quite so spiteful so maybe you're growing up at last (a bit)