Exclusive: Taylor to move on after rejecting Millwall offer

© Keith Gillard

© Keith Gillard

MILLWALL chairman John Berylson has revealed that Chris Taylor is poised to leave the club this summer after rejecting a new contract.

The Lions set Taylor a deadline of Monday afternoon to agree terms on a two-year deal but the 26-year-old communicated via his agent that he would not be taking up that offer.

Taylor had been set to put pen-to-paper prior to Kenny Jackett's shock resignation last week. Reports suggest Blackburn Rovers are now in pole position to secure his signature.

Berylson told NewsAtDen: "I'm sorry to see him go because he was a very fine player and a Millwall type. I liked him but it's over. The fact that he's gone means that our new manager has more funds, which isn't a terrible thing either.

"There are plusses and minuses here. We have lost Chris, that's a negative, but the positive is our new manager will have more wiggle room in his budget.

"I knew he wanted to wait and see who the new manager was and I am in no hurry to make an appointment. I wasn't going to make that decision in order to get Chris to sign.

"I was not surprised when he chose not to sign - it may only have been 50-50 if he knew who the new manager was. Giving him that option would have put us in a funny position."

Taylor made 26 appearances, scoring three goals, for Millwall last season after arriving from Oldham on a 12-month deal.

Comments

1. Marshlion says:

Iam proud to be the first to comment on this. If you don't want to be here then f*ck off. Take Danny with you cos you both would have signed by now. You're not real Millwall. Yes Iam bitter and angry and yes I may be wrong but I don't care its my opinion. F*ck off if your heart aint in it. I damn well knew it ! Or you would have signed weeks ago. F*ck ya.

39 likes

• lion.ie says:

@Marshlion: Well said. Was he really that good anyway or the better of a bad bunch? Injury prone too. We can do better. Same goes for Shittu in my eyes, watched Wes Morgan yesterday, same type of player but a different class, more mobile, better positional sense, knows when to stick or twist at centre half as well. Not saying Shittu is no good and he certainly has a Millwall attitude but he is an average Championship defender.

8 likes

• Swanny says:

Bang on mate! We done him a massive favour taking him on. He was going nowhere and dying on his a*** at Oldham and no one had ever f****** heard of him he's played out half his contract due to injury and has no sense of paying the club back with any kind of loyalty. You can go and do a Dave Martin mate. And to any others in there looking about, don't be ashamed to put your hand up and ask to go cause we don't want you here. None of you are that f****** special and you can easily be replaced. To put it into contrast Battman has missed almost his entire contract to date, got farmed out and still came back with a smile on his face running through walls for the shirt. I'll have 9 more of him please JB knowing that they are having a go for us punters win lose or draw, that's all we ask. THERE'S A LION ON YOUR CHEST BOYS NOT A f****** MOUSE OR A POUND SIGN. Get this f****** manager in pronto and let's f****** have some next season.

11 likes

• Sealion says:

@Swanny: With you there Swanny, nicely put sums up my feelings too.

3 likes

• Barnlion says:

@Swanny: Swanny I agree with nearly all of your post, but as far as 9 more Shaun Batt's yes he does seem to be proud to wear the shirt but he does not seem to be good enough at this level, which is a shame because he is a trier and gives it his all when on the pitch. But all the rest spot on IMO.

• truelion2 says:

Why did Jacket leave..... was not happy with our youth policy bringing on players then letting them go to other clubs, This has happened Year after Year
      3 Youth players now are not signing forms to go pro as they have been tapped up by other clubs with more money .......Were is Conner wilkinson, Ask dougie Freedman.
      1) No youth players coming through Fact ( player signing for rival clubs)
      2) No money from the board to spend on new players Fact ( Woods ect)
      3) Good Players we have wont sign new contracts Fact (taylor shittu ect ect)
      4) Marc birch seen at the club and training ground this and last week,

It aint hard to work out why anything good we have is leaving us. All we can do is hope that the board pick the right man to take on a very hard job.
      long live mfc

2. Bolland says:

That's a sad blow for us and, for me, was one of KJ's best buys, imo, and will doubtless start the exodus that we all expected after KJ's departure. I don't blame Chris Taylor and wish him luck. Who'll be next , I wonder?

8 likes

3. colin66 says:

Ok go and who ever else thet does not want to play for Millwall,But ask your selfs this would any other club give you guyts chance after chance dont think so,Anyway good luck to you,Will the last one out please turn the lights off .
    Who ever takes over will get rid of the dead wood and those who dont want to be here,Just hope we get someone half decent and knows what they are doing.
    Taylor
    Shittu
    Trotter
    Forde
    Henry
    Lowry
    Keogh
    Thats my list who will want out or will be sold off

5 likes

• junkmale says:

@colin66: Shittu is the only one out of contract, so the rest can't just walk away. I do not think the club will want to get rid of any of those players except Trotter.

5 likes

• Sealion says:

@colin66: I don't know why we bothered fighting relegation what with our best players wanting out. I can understand if we had gone down but ffs. We had best hang on to our deadwood because they will be the basis of our new look side. We will get little money for our best players and will only be able to afford to bring in players with less ability.
      I hate to say this but I predict we will be propping the division up all season, we would have been better taking the drop now and looking for promotion next season.We are dead men walking.

4 likes

4. jamie says:

Bad news. Injured more than Henderson, but one of our best players. If we could have had him on the left and Henry on the right I think even Hulse might have scored goals. But we shouldn't be surprised, he shafted his home town club who he supported to come here on a free. The new manager will have a job to arrest this general decline, if it's all loans from Palace & Derby reserves next season you can imagine Henry etc eyeing up moves.

1 likes

5. League one here we come:forde,shittu,trotter,lowry,henry and keogh will all leave and we will bring in a manger who will bring in championship rejects or league one.We are f***** simple,no one hide it

4 likes

6. NICKOLA says:

The start of an exodus. Problem is that Taylor was one of the few good players we had and wasn't the dead wood that so badly needs to be got rid of.
    See that we've arranged friendlies vs Crawley and Gillingham prior to the start of the season so presumably someone is still working at the Den. Maybe the board could join them and get a f****** move on.

9 likes

7. harryfabian says:

Push the boat out to get Hulse on loan yet can't keep 1 of our only 2 creative players, it's a disgrace.

6 likes

8. SE16 Wall says:

I'm not one to slag off anyone just for moving on from Millwall as it's a job to them. So, first things first, good luck Chris Taylor. It's a shame that it never really worked out for you here but all the best for the future.

However, and more importantlly... What is happening to our club? In December we looked if not certainties to reach the play-offs at least one of the most likely to and I suspect that by December 2013 we will be already engaged in a relegation battle that I think we will lose. Someone needs to get a grip on the club, and soon.

10 likes

9. bermondsey male choir says:

Liked Taylor, but if he dosent want to be here, f*** him. Just hope Trotter follows him

7 likes

• Micky Lions says:

@bermondsey male choir: Just several months ago he was saying how grateful he was for the chance we gave him in the Championship, after a poor season at Oldham. Now he thinks he's too good for us - a decent player at this level, but nothing more. He can take his injuries & dodgy haircut and go bugger-off elsewhere.

It just means the manager will have to bring in an extra player in this summer rebuilding.

3 likes

10. NICKOLA says:

Quote from Berylson of the official site THIS AFTERNOON-

"Firstly, the Board has been impressed by the quality of applicants for the manager’s position here, and our aim is to review them all by the start of next week and draw up a shortlist.
    I would hope that we will then begin the process of interviewing later in the week, taking as long as is necessary until we are clear that we have the right man for the job.
    We are fortunate to be going through this process early in the closed season because we are not under undue pressure"

SO WE'RE STILL AT LEAST A WEEK AWAY FROM A SHORT LIST.!!
    It can't get any worse.

Read more at http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/article/manager-latest-819661.aspx#Hj7d7Mh8GLRbgUt0.99

• junkmale says:

@NICKOLA: Chill out Nickola. Let's wait to see which of the League One play off managers gets promoted before we have a shortlist.

• lion.ie says:

@junkmale: Don't think Rosler will come to us either way as he only signed a new contract in January and has very good things to say about Brentford and their board. The longer I look at the list of potentials, out of all of 'em Gary Johnson is starting to stand out and Northampton seems to be the only place he's been at and failed, but he left there on good terms. IMO he is starting to look like our best option, especially if Yeovil lose the play-off final and unless we go for a George Graham, just retired player type.

4 likes

• lukesmithmfc says:

@lion.ie
          Totally agree. Looks like we're waiting for the winners of play off final, i think brentford will win which counts rossler out, if they lose he'll still stay as they would build on it next season and have a new ground being built he's young and will want another chance to put it right. Johnson will stay where he is either way, he's at his club is a legend there, as much as fergie at old Trafford. If he wins the play offs he'll be at the smallest club in the division. Yeovil in the champship will be like playing in the prem for them it'll last one season but he'll be a part of it. I think both will knock us back and sadly we'll make it public before hand cause that seems a trait of amblers, we will then be a laughing stock again as we were in the handling of chris wood, I know he didnt want to sign but it should never have been as public as it was.
          I reckon we'll end up with 3 Gallens and
          Marc birc ham.

• lion.ie says:

@lukesmithmfc: Yeah. I've changed my mind about Johnson as I kind of thought he was another journeyman manager but on closer inspection his record is quite impressive at our level. I'm just really disappointed that the Board never had a particular replacement in mind, succession planning is key. I was thinking about Tim Cahill when I saw him at Goodison yesterday and how good it would be to give him his first managers job but he's banging in the goals in the MLS and apparently on $3.5m a season! Andy Hessentaler is in to 7's with one bookie, which is worrying, and I see Ian Bogie quoted on their list which would be right out of left field.

• lion.ie says:

@lukesmithmfc:
            Some money for Alex Rae today as well and some quotes from a recent interview with the Blackpool Gazette!

“I’ve always liked to see teams I’m involved in play football. But first and foremost you have to be prepared to battle.
            “I’ve never seen a team go into a game not prepared to battle and win.
            “You have to first of all earn your right to play your football.
            “That’s the key. The football side of thing is natural for players, but you have to earn the right.”
            Makes good reading....

• lukesmithmfc says:

I'll av a look lion.
            Not sure I'd want rea though. I think it would mug him off and he'll get shafted

• lukesmithmfc says:

@lion.ie
            Just read a bit if bp gazette
            Pi ain't fcuking about is he? He's told his out of contract players they have seven days to sign or find another club
            Ambler needs to take his hand off his cock and tell shittu to sign or f*** off. I like the shitt - I didn't vote for him, but he needs to remember Robbo is still the club captain and if he wants to be remembered for the right things then he needs to sign up and shut it.

3 likes

11. sups8892 says:

Maybe we should just wait and see what pans out. Taylor was always going to be an issue thats why he did not sign when KJ was still there, he did not know KJ was going to resign so there must be other issues. While he has been dragging his feet, you can bet his agent has been out there touting him . Apparently he is the tightest player ever been at Millwall, so he would have walked for another tenner a month. Lets see what happens next, if they all decide to jump ship, you can then see why KJ was up against it last season. To much of l am looking after number 1 and not my team.

3 likes

12. Adsy77777 says:

Bad news but can't blame him with all the uncertainty - Hurry up and get Rosler in and start preparing for next season!

4 likes

13. lukesmithmfc says:

F*+k it, s^#t happens. Was a good player and missed when injured.he gave 100% everyone as well. But it was a free transfer, and probsbly 6k a week. Good luck to him.
    As for JB what's this "more wiggle room"
    Haha, he must have Barry fry lined up.
    Jokes asside that's a couple k extra on top of one if not two news signings wages.
    As proud marshie's stated above
    F+#k anyone else who wants out.
    All this waiting for the new man b***** if they're interested then they'll sign.

14. Syd the Lion says:

I really couldn't care if the whole team walked. Let the new manager start with a clean slate.

11 likes

15. the verminhater says:

A decent player but missed a large chunk of the season due to niggly injuries. I don't actually think he will be missed that much taking into account the amount of games he missed,anyway there are more consistent players out there for the new manager to bring in.

4 likes

16. cosh1977 says:

F##k off then u scotch egg head! Need good clean out anyway mugg,fancy keano myself put bita passion bak at the den. Wet weekends lot of them.

17. mewall62 says:

Glass boy Taylor f,,k him Shittu will be next as was already said if the whole team goes clean slate for the cheapest manager in the Championship hope he's got some good connection or we are in it

18. denslions says:

Sorry to have to say this but I do think Jacket is partly to blame for Taylor not signinging a new contract and Shittu not having done so yet. Why did he leave it until March to start negotiating new deals with them? I he had done so befor Christmas when we were playing well they would have signed by now. I think the same thing will happen with Shittu as well but he is 32 and wanted a 2 year deal so that might not be such a disaster. I remember we wasted our money giving Darren Ward a 3 year contrract when he was 32 and ended up loaning him out because he coudn't get in the team. Luckily Forde, Beevers, Lowry, Trotter,Henry and Keogh are still under so at least we will get a fee for them if they leave.

3 likes

19. Bolland says:

I hope we don't get a manager who fancies starting form scratch cos the last one that did was SPACKMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the best we can hope for is an experienced manager who'll value, nTURE & bring on the talented players we undoubtly have throughout the squad.

20. lionking says:

It is vital we get in an experienced, tried and tested manager to shore up the shitty state we could end up in come the start of the next season.

21. banksy says:

Ive decided all people withe the first name chris can f*** off

3 likes

22. westlion says:

Decent player but constantly picking up injuries anyway.

Not hard enough.

23. munson68 says:

good player when fit , but missed half the games , not shocked by this , plenty more out there , i think his another player after a few quid , he will be back in warming someones bench next season , silly boy ,did it to oldham , just another player like wood , shitu , thinking the grass is greener , good luck with that . well done jb , now give shitu a deadline to sign or not , we need people who want to play ,for us if they dont bye bye , JB YOUR ALRIGHT IN MY BOOK .

4 likes

24. bonnie1272 says:

Blolox to him the fcuking wnaker.

Wants out then f*** off

There r better wingers out there, we just have to get the manager that knows where they r

2 likes

25. What a t*****. Good player, but an absolute t*****. We want committed players at Millwall. So p*** off!

26. glyngo says:

Seems we all agree, no commitment so we don't need him. Now time for Shittu to demonstrate how much he 'loves' the club by committing to a contract and setting an example for other to follow.

27. cos_mfc says:

Danny shittu, you can f*** off too. He'll end up with KJ. Think he walked for wolves job IMO but might backfire and not get it anyway. One player we should be signing without a doubt is dwight gayle.

3 likes

28. bead30 says:

Afraid to say I feel Jackett has left what is a fast sinking ship. The board knew what was needed early in the season, a striker. Failed to get anyone decent - using the deadwood of other teams to prop up our forward line (Tyson, Easter). We clearly haven't scored enough goals to win games. I am not surprised Taylor has walked but I feel the board are againto blame here. Why on earth offer a one year deal in the first place? Why not tie down a contract extension early on in the season when we were playing well? Bizarre logic from the board. We have now lost what was one of our shining lights this season. I can list so many players Millwall could have broken the bank for and showed a bit of ambition - Huckerby had a loan spell and played really well quite a few years back but the board wouldn't offer the money. Puncheon the same. Wood. The list goes on. The board need to show they mean business otherwise I feel relegation is a certainty next year. The squad needs an entire overhaul. I wouldn't care if any of the current squad left starting with Trotter, who was by no means even Championship quality this season. We must have moony available. What happened to Morison fee? The cup run. The supposed million they were going to spend on Wood?. The next one to resign should be Ambler - I wonder how much he is on. Disgraceful logic on all counts, all season.

13 likes

• Sealion says:

@bead30: Who's moony what position does he play? lol

• NICKOLA says:

Bead,
      I've never agreed with anyone 100% on here but you've hit the nail on the head and have echoed my sentiments entirely.
      I've never known a team to take, what looks like, 3 weeks to appoint a new manager. If they're waiting for the League one play off final result then that's where we're aiming at. What a crock of s***.
      Where is the drive, the passion ? Where is the forward thinking ? We've already lost Taylor. What is the new manager going to inherit ? A league one team. We're all going to be on his back soon enough because of the board's policy. See the quote from Berylson. He may be a very astute businessman, and total respect for that, but is anything's clear now it's that he has no idea, whatsoever, how close we came to relegation and what that means to you and me. If he thinks that a new manager is going to be the new christ reincarnated who can work miracles then think again.
      Where the f*** is the REAL Millwall ? And where the f*** is the management thatt represents what we are in essence, all about.? Don't understand ? You're not fit to be on the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      @bead30:

5 likes

29. bead30 says:

I meant money, predictive text on ipad annoying....lol. The board need to show ambition......

30. bead30 says:

Nikola totally agree. Especially on forward thinking which has been seriously lacking throughout Millwall recently. The new Manager whoever it may be will be a really important appointment and I feel signify the boards intentions for the new season. It needs to be accompanied by SIGNINGS that will show ambition. No more deadwood players or sh*tty loans.

31. JonnyBanks says:

Keene

• NICKOLA says:

You know what Jonny, he wasn't in my top 5 personally, but he'd cerainly give the Millwall board the almighty kick up the a*** it royally needs.
      Here's a message to the Millwall board.............
      We are Millwall. We are unique. We are not popular.
      We need a manager NOW.
      Don't get it ?
      p*** off.
      @JonnyBanks:

3 likes

32. mewall62 says:

JB better get that wallet out , it's time to give something back you want bigger crowds invest in the team you want success you have to pay for it no more b*******, or is the football club just a smother until the area around Millwall has the go ahead, after all real estate is where your at JB, invest in the club we love

33. NICKOLA says:

Finally, Where the f*** is Peter Garston, our so called fan on the board?
    He's supposed to be the link. What are his comments ? What are his hopes, dreams ?

34. MIGHTY says:

Love the way they announce that they are surprised by the quality of manager to apply for the post.
    and dont you just know we will end up with some 2 bob nobody...

Get the quality in if its out there and the crowds will follow......

35. AWHMFC says:

Starting to feel like when Wisey left. An exodus that led to our relaxation that year. Need a decent manager soon who us able to instil confidence and take control.

36. AWHMFC says:

* Relegation

37. lukesmithmfc says:

Just had a look at the votes and warnock is currently ahead, weren't my cuppa originally
    But right now he's one of my preffered along with keane. Cause of who we are we need a man with b***** and out of all the names those two have the biggest and both know how to sign a player. If I had to choose then sorry lads I'd go for warnock.simply cause footballers are as soft as s*** and keane will destroy the confidence of most, which is not what we need next season.
    The worrying thing is that the club keep saying there's a lot of interest and surprising amount of quality well if that's the case then surely it's easy to draft up a short list NOW cause lets face it unless the club are waiting for managers contracts to finish then there's no reason to be waiting I don't want young league one, got to be a strong willed man who can keep us up with a new team and decent back room and then the following season go for it. I personally think we just need to settle down, get our house in order, have a reality check, get a decent championship manager in who knows how to get the best out of players and bring tried and tested players in and warnock fits the bill perfectly IMO

• lion.ie says:

@lukesmithmfc:
      This is from 2007:
      Alex Rae will not be Millwall's new boss according to chairman John G Berylson.
      Rae is currently in charge of Dundee and Berylson said: "I liked him a lot but I meant it when I said the new man must really know League One."
      Interesting that 'he liked him a lot' and Alex is qualified now with more coaching experience.
      Don't think Keane has it as a manager and couldn't stand Warnock spouting his sh*te every week in our name. Both egomaniacs in any case.
      We should all probably just shut up and let the billionaire businessman make the choice, after all he didn't do too bad last time...lol

3 likes

• lukesmithmfc says:

Yeah your right lion but f*** it until a decision is made then we can all stick our ores in lol. its a bit if fun lion.
        I've noticed Alex rea's odds are shortening at sky bet he's 33s now.
        So who do you want lion ?
        My mind keeps changing

• lion.ie says:

@lukesmithmfc: I keep changing my mind as well. I'd rather us take a chance on a fairly recent ex player than go for some of the tired names off of the merry go round. It worked with Graham many years ago. After reading that article on Alex Rae he's gone up my list but it would be a risk, Gary Johnson seems a pretty safe option on closer inspection but he does set my pulse racing either. I'll leave it to the Board and JB Luke as I'm driven mad thinking about it. I do wonder if there is a No. 2 in the Premiership with experience, in the KJ mould, that we have all overlooked? Billy McKinlay e.t.c.

• lion.ie says:

@lion.ie: Johnson doesn't set my pulse racing rather than does!

• lukesmithmfc says:

It's like this poxy weather today lion
            One minute I'm excited about the new manager and moving forward and thinking about having a nice enjoyable sunny summer to boot, then out of the blue it pisses down and it's always when I'm thinking about wall and hoping for the best. Funny that, lion.

• lion.ie says:

@lukesmithmfc: Hey at least you get a summer of sorts! We're sunny with showers and 10 degrees right now and that's about as good as it will get this year.....lol

38. bordersarebest0170 says:

nickola, who are your top five you would like to manage millwall??

• NICKOLA says:

borders,
      I keep changing my mind. I can't think of five that might be interested in managing us but I do think the following three would be good for us.
      Johnson, Howe or Rosler.
      As a dark horse I think that although Curbsihley has been out a long time, he would be an asset.
      Coyle, Warnock etc. not in my top 100 but accept that they've had success in the past.
      No ex players. This is not the time to leave Millwall in inexperienced hands.
      @bordersarebest0170:

0 likes

39. Painful as it may be, the Millwall board - and those who think we are doomed - should take a good look at the Palace side that beat Brighton tonight.
    Speroni, 33, Argentinian, £500,000 from Dundee
    Ward, 23, English, £400,000 from Bournemouth
    Moxey, 27, English, £350,000 from Derby
    Delaney, 31, Irish, free from Ipswich
    Gabbidon, 33 Welsh, free from QPR
    Dikgacoi, 28, South African, £600,000 from Fulham
    Garvan, 25, Irish, free from Ipswich
    Jedinak, 28, Australian, free from Antalyaspor
    Wiiliams, 19, Welsh, trainee
    Zaha, 20, English, trainee
    Wilbraham, 33, English, free from Norwich
    SUBS (USED)
    Moritz, 26, Brazilian, free from Mersin
    Bolsasie, 23, Zimbabwe, free from Bristol City
    O'Keefe, 20, Irish, free from Southend.
    * That side cost less than £2million in transfer fees
    * Palace's wage structure has allowed them to sign decent, experienced players on free transfers, while we are over reliant on the loan market.
    * Their academy system works and Zaha's £15m transfer means it's more or less paid for itself. Are we investing enough in our academy?
    * Jedinak and Moritz show they're not afraid of signing overseas players. Are we even looking?
    Palace had crippling financial problems a few years back, yet without breaking the bank they seem to have pieced together a pretty decent side.
    Whoever our new manager is, he will need time to put things right, but it can be done!!!!

13 likes

• Swanny says:

Lonzy that's a quality post mate. The players are out there for the right money.

• JonnyBanks says:

@Lonz: also their owner/chairman Steve Parish is a life long fan who made his own money from working his a*** off and being a smart bloke.

I worked with Steve and then under Steve at the Adplates Group (TAG) and he is a great bloke he loves Palace with a passion and it shows.

JB does throw a few bob at it to keep us above water but does he really feel for the club enough to push on??? Only time will tell, I can not help but think that an American would not choose Millwall for any other reason than regeneration projects etc etc.... Basically profit eventually.

• lion.ie says:

@JonnyBanks: I think that's a fair point re JB Jonny, but I think he sees the club as part of that redevelopment judging by the statements he's made. It's not like he's not put money into the club and I think he deserves the benefit of any doubt before we start going all Glazer on him. I suppose we'll know by this time next year what his real intentions are.......

40. MillwallGibby says:

yes I am gutted about kenny and taylor leaving but its not the end of the world, new manager soon, taylors leaving will free up some wages so maybe some new tranfers, yes end of last season was poor but we got to wembley? maybe we will go down next season but I'll still cheer us on whoevers playing. COYL

41. glyngo says:

I think Jackets departure caught everyone on the hop. There it is not surprising that they need some days weeks to find the right candidate. If you want to criticise the board it has to be their failure to realise KJ was about to leave. Now it is right to take time to find the right guy. Keane no way, total numptey who think he is too big for Man Utd and Ireland why does anyone think he would give a sh*t about the long turn future of Millwall?

3 likes

• lukesmithmfc says:

Who yours then glyn ?

• glyngo says:

@lukesmithmfc: I am excited by the prospect of Tim Sherwood but also Karl Robinson, with Ian Wright as back room staff, he is Millwallfc thru and thru. Also my dark horse would be Phil Neville with an experienced number 2. Also Gary Johnson would be a safe and Unexciting alternative. Not Warnock, past his sell by date IMO

• glyngo says:

@glyngo: also could Start Pearce be backing the game? Alex McCliesh is an interesting option.

• lukesmithmfc says:

Glyn as I said I keep changing my mind. But if we go for young and up and coming then I also like the idea of tim sherwood but along with les Ferdinand
          If that's a non starter then keeping it young I also agree with Robinson and wrighty. For experience I like the idea of warnock as he's been there and done I'm thinking about just staying up with a new set of players coaches and scouts and I think he can bring us that for a couple yrs at least then when he calls time at least we'll have a decent set up on the training ground. The position we're in we can't be messing around, either be really serious and back a fresh young set up or go for stability with experience to settle the ship. I guess we'll soon find out.

42. NO1LIKESUS says:

We're fu**ed! Jus the beginning...

• glyngo says:

@NO1LIKESUS: chin up nolu we have a whole summer to prepare, next manager could be very exciting. I would not be unhappy if we got Sherwood and a steady stream of Spurs young'uns coming through.

43. WestKentLion says:

A funny position, wtf JB

44. mfcmike says:

I agree marshlion if people f*** us about they can f*** off, I hope they die on Christmas Day In front of there family's

45. Bayern_Lion says:

Got a horrible feeling the Spackman era is about to start all over again. It's time to step up the scouting work and bring in the talented young players from the area. There MUST be youngsters out there with some ability, some desire to play for a professional club and a bit of heart to fight their way into the side.
    3 or 4 players leaving the club is healthy, changes the dynamic a bit too. Just need to find a Michael Owen or Wayne Rooney type from the regional leagues and we've cracked it. Scouts - get f****** scouting!

• westlion says:

@Bayern_Lion:
      You make it sound so easy.

• lukesmithmfc says:

There's loads of em and they're all getting snapped up by the prem clubs.
      All the local kids teams have scouts watching almost every game. Teviet have a really good under 8 side and half are now training with league clubs
      And amazingly 1 is at millwall. Our problem is we're up against westham, Chelsea and Fulham and even Charlton have a really good reputation with the kids teams, our catchment area is quite big as its london and Kent but cause there's no big club in Kent it's a really healthy county for prem clubs to take advantage. Unfortunately for us our club is the nearest to the city of London and the parks are being sold off for housing cause of the demand. the whole of zone two is becoming poncy and family's are moving further out, it may be another reason why we can't attract the neutral to watch games.

• Swanny says:

My apprentice (16yrs)at work just got picked up by Brentford along with the keeper from the same team. They were at Cray Wands U18. Have we even got a scouting network!?!

46. Chipplefuddywick says:

Too many entries on here to read them all so this may have already been said. Everyone seems to think that we are relegated before we even start next season and we all appear to be gutted that KJ has gone so given that KJ stated publicly that he would not leave if wall were relegated, perhaps it might have been better to have gone down this season and have KJ stay and rebuild.

• NICKOLA says:

Interesting logic Chipple.
      Personally, I'd rather be in the Championship, looking forward to seeing some very good teams next season and hopefully, with a bloody good Millwall manager at the helm.
      @Chipplefuddywick:

47. DavyLion says:

Heard from another site that Mildenhall and Tam Mkandawire were released yesterday....

48. mewall62 says:

Invest in the scouting system JB look further afield, plenty of talent about abroad would love a chance in England

49. leemark says:

We obviously are not ambitious enough to offer the wages to players we would like to keep!! I really hope the board invest in the right manager who can get respect from the players and who can build a team, it looks like Berylson wants everything on the cheap which means we will be left with the s*** players who did F all for us. AMBITION and Investment in players is what as a supporter for 50 years I want and is badly overdue!!! We get s*** crowds, why? because we have nothing to cheer!! Yes we got to wembley but we had no decsent players to hurt Wigan!!

50. bordersarebest0170 says:

warnock was a guest on the footballers football show the other week and he was adamant he would not be managing another club, he said he had retired. so why all this speculation about him maybe coming to millwall, have i missed something

Add Comment Register